Yilx first place artist

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey, I saw your art for the CAP11 submissions. I'm disappointed you didn't make it, your art was very good and representative of the concept. The rest of your stuff in this thread is great too, especially the Umbreon. Have you considered doing Houndoom? You seem to be good at drawing Dark-types.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I saw your art for the CAP11 submissions. I'm disappointed you didn't make it, your art was very good and representative of the concept. The rest of your stuff in this thread is great too, especially the Umbreon. Have you considered doing Houndoom? You seem to be good at drawing Dark-types.
I'll give it a shot, together with the Honchkrow requested earlier. I find it kind of weird though, because my favourite types are more towards Bug and Steel lol. These two might have to wait until next week though, because I'm working on my MAC 4 entry right now...

SPECZ THE EMPOLEON

Definitely my favorite painting in this thread. So, what kind of brush settings do you use? It looks to me like you have your hardness at about 80%, but I can't tell the rest for sure. This is ofcourse assuming you use photoshop. Your lines seem sorta like Sai lines though, so I might be wrong about that.

Yilx

Sad
Definitely my favorite painting in this thread. So, what kind of brush settings do you use? It looks to me like you have your hardness at about 80%, but I can't tell the rest for sure. This is ofcourse assuming you use photoshop. Your lines seem sorta like Sai lines though, so I might be wrong about that.
I mainly use Paint Tool SAI. The Flygon/Garchomp pic I entered for MAC 4 was done in Photoshop, however.

I have alot to do this weekend...!

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Whoa. Honchkrow looks really sexy. Houndoom seems a bit short and slouchy though. I was kind of expecting it to be tall and arrogant. Your technique for Houndoom is fine though :) Good work

Yilx

Sad
Whoa. Honchkrow looks really sexy. Houndoom seems a bit short and slouchy though. I was kind of expecting it to be tall and arrogant. Your technique for Houndoom is fine though :) Good work
I was aiming to do it from a high angle. Sorry it didn't meet expectations :(

Yilx

Sad
KidX: No problem, but I won't be around until probably next Thursday or Friday or so from the time I post this message... :|

ColdRAIN: Go ahead, but like KidX's request I won't be able to do it til next Thursday or Friday...

could you make me an ambipom on this tree in the middle of nothing looking at the sun with a silk scarf?

i know it's a lot to ask but that's one of the pokemon-art things id love to see happen...

or just an ambipom on a tree

Yilx

Sad
Restarting my Fakedex project. I wish I had more time to do it properly though :(

I started one way back and didn't even touch it at all and since I have time in camp sometimes to sit down and sketch I decided to try to mantain my drawing ability instead of letting it deteroiate further. :toast:

Yilx

Sad
Had no time to finish the water starter... I'll be doing that one next week.

Should I upload bigger versions next week too...?

Yilx

Sad
could you make me an ambipom on this tree in the middle of nothing looking at the sun with a silk scarf?

i know it's a lot to ask but that's one of the pokemon-art things id love to see happen...

or just an ambipom on a tree
Holy crap I totally forgot about this one. I'm so sorry I'll get started on it now...

Wow, this is some awesome stuff. Good job. I got a good burst of unexpected laughter when I saw the Choice Specs Empoleon. That's probably how it'd be seen if it was holding the item in the anime (if they do hold items other than berries in the anime, that is).

Other than that, I have to agree with the rest of the comments: the Dragon/Bug Heracross, and Bug/Ground Aggron are really interesting. I like how you did them. I like how you colored Aggron perfectly to match its typing's. Really good work. Keep it up!

~ Aether Nexus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)