Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fairly certain that it does exist in dpp but can't be used in a player vs player battle. that's what i recally hearing, at least. i could be wrong!

Is there anyway to tell if my friend hacked Leaf Storm and Sleep Powder onto the bred Roserade he traded me, or should I just forget about using it in a tournament?

Is there anyway to tell if my friend hacked Leaf Storm and Sleep Powder onto the bred Roserade he traded me, or should I just forget about using it in a tournament?
If your friend hatched a legit Budew/Roselia normally (no hacks on PID/IVs/Nature), and then used hacks to just teach it those moves, the hack is undetectable.

Okay so I've been looking at teams lately and I've seen the term "check" and "counter" used a lot! Can someone please explain what these are?

Thanks!

im trying teach my clefable aromatherapy, but in team builder the attack list doesnt show it, how do i get it?

Okay so I've been looking at teams lately and I've seen the term "check" and "counter" used a lot! Can someone please explain what these are?

Thanks!
A counter is a pokemon that can almost certainly switch into another with very little damage, and force the other out. Classic example: Latias counters Infernape.

A check is similar to a counter, but is generally more at-risk. Latias checking Salamence is a good example. If Latias gets in without taking a Dragon-type move, she can then force out Mence, threatening a Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse.

These two terms are quite often used in each other's place too.

A counter is a pokemon that can almost certainly switch into another with very little damage, and force the other out. Classic example: Latias counters Infernape.

A check is similar to a counter, but is generally more at-risk. Latias checking Salamence is a good example. If Latias gets in without taking a Dragon-type move, she can then force out Mence, threatening a Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse.

These two terms are quite often used in each other's place too.

OK thanks

Another question:

Who is good for a sandstorm team, Hippowdon or Tyranitar? And what if it leans towards a balanced side?

Another question:

Who is good for a sandstorm team, Hippowdon or Tyranitar? And what if it leans towards a balanced side?
It really depends on your team. Hippowdon generally works better on stall and defensive teams because it has higher Hp and Defense and access to instant recovery but if you're using an offensive or balanced team then Tyranitar is probably the better choice.

haunter

Banned deucer.
im trying teach my clefable aromatherapy, but in team builder the attack list doesnt show it, how do i get it?
That may be due the fact that you're using the "edit team" feature of shoddy battle. The same thing happened to me with Scizor's bug bite. Try to build a new team and the new HG\SS moves should show up (aromatherapy is a HG\SS new move).

That may be due the fact that you're using the "edit team" feature of shoddy battle. The same thing happened to me with Scizor's bug bite. Try to build a new team and the new HG\SS moves should show up (aromatherapy is a HG\SS new move).
And make sure you click on 'Smogon University' from the moves in the initial metagame list that pops up.

How do you effectively set up an Infernape sweep?

How do you deal with Breloom? I've only been able to take one out once, and it was pretty badly played that time.

I hope I don't receive an infraction for braving this question, but I can neither find mention of it in the rules and I can't find the proper place to ask this question. It would probably be either here or the corresponding thread in the Wi-Fi section.

My question is if we are allowed to perform private transactions with members of this forum. For example, could I contact someone via PM and inquire if they would be willing to trade me a Pokemon for real-world money. Obviously, any shadiness or contention about payment would be expected to be discreet and private, kept among the two parties.

I've read all the rules and tried to find mention of this, but my guess is that it is either not allowed at all or simply uncommon enough to not be worth mentioning.

How do you effectively set up an Infernape sweep?

How do you deal with Breloom? I've only been able to take one out once, and it was pretty badly played that time.
Seconding wanting to know how to deal with SubSeed Breloom in particular.

I see many posts in the uu forums with the fire-water-grass combo in it... and I was wondering if there's a topic or post with a explanation about it.

Posting again...

OK, I am using an ar to find the secret PID of my pokemon and their IV's, it works great. I am checking it on perfectly legit pokemon, and applying the IV's to the IV to PID applet and my question is...is the PID given to me by the applet suppose to match the pokemon's , because it doesn't, and I know the pokemon I am checking are real???????

I know that the applet lets you know if the spread and nature are possible, but does every pokemon with the same nature and spread have the same PID or is it different, and should the number the applet gives me match the pokemons or am I missing something....thanks

I see many posts in the uu forums with the fire-water-grass combo in it... and I was wondering if there's a topic or post with a explanation about it.
Well it's a good synergy I guess. Defensively fire is weak to ground, rock, and water; the latter two are resisted by grass, and water by itself. Water is weak to grass and electric; both resisted by grass and one by fire. Grass is weak to flying, poison, bug, fire, and ice; fire and water both resist fire and ice, and fire resists bug as well. Offensively the types combined hit 8 types super effective, and everything but dragon (of which there aren't too many in UU) at least neutral (and dragon gets covered by the fact that most waters also get ice moves).

When a poke dies (for example it uses a recoil move and then dies) and the opponent hasn't moved, does he still get to move? Also, is it the same with explosion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)