Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I don't think we're seeing any more things weakening Double Team. DT was a valid and strong strategy in early GS (before DT clause was common). GF already nerfed it in RS, introducing Keen Eye and stuff like that (amongst others on Skarmory, THE pokemon of GSC) as well as Shock Wave, Aerial Ace, etc. After that, we even got Trick in OU and Machamp. But yeah, well, perhaps they gonna weaken it a bit again.
Yeah, I'm thinking they'll add a but more to deal with it.
Another "No Guard" Pokemon is possible (let this one know Zap Cannon :P) or better never-miss moves.
One thing though, Keen Eye doesn't help against DT because while it prevents accuracy reduction (from say Sand Attack) it doesn't stop your opponent from raising its own evasion.

I think the reason GF nerfed Regigigas so much was mainly because they didn't realize how much normal typing sucks. Consider this: If Regigigas was Steel, it could easily be viable in OU with 110/110/110 defenses and some common (incl. dragon) resistence. But with normal typing, it has no good switch-ins and can be poisoned. Under this conditions, having no reliable recovery hurts much. I still hope, they give it at least Rest.
Additionally, I think most people expect the wrong thing from Regigigas: It's not a sweeper that needs a lot of support. Regigigas is a wall that cannot be outstalled.
I agree. It's defenses are great regardless of Slow Start so it's better to play to those strengths.
Obviously, if your opponent gives you too much time they'll be battered by hits from one of the highest attack stats in the game.

I hope they make a Dunsparce evo with No Guard or Serene Grace, that´ll be cool :D
Regigigas should have another ability, I mean, the trio has clear body, and then the king comes out with a stupid abilty like slow start? Seriously, doesn't make sense

Moves like Aerial Ace pretty much completely suck unless you use them on a Pokemon with STAB and Technician. Even with Technician, Shock Wave isn't even as strong as Thunderbolt. Keen Eye doesn't even prevent your opponent from raising thier evasion, it just prevents them from lowering your accuracy. The only moves and abilities that could be considered to "nerf" Double Team are Thunder in Rain, Yawn, Aura Sphere, and No Gaurd (and the new Claw Sharpen) because they're useful in situations other than facing an opponent with Double Team. It just seems like Double Team would be less broken now than in GSC because GSC was already extremely stall oriented. I've heard that playing in a metagame with Double Team allowed turns into a game of Rock Paper Scissors and I can see why.

Oh, yeah, sorry about that Keen Eye thing... ^^"
But at least, we still have Compoundeyes (lol) and No Guard... And I agree, we definitely need more Pokemon with that ability. And I hope GF continues the trend started with Magic Guard =)

Oh, yeah, sorry about that Keen Eye thing... ^^"
But at least, we still have Compoundeyes (lol) and No Guard... And I agree, we definitely need more Pokemon with that ability. And I hope GF continues the trend started with Magic Guard =)
I hope at least a couple of pokemon get it in B&W (not including the green blob), that would be very useful ^_^

Dang, I lost like 100+ posts.

Hopefully Nitro Charge, Shell Blade, and Grass Mixer.

Grass Mixer's description says it does significant damage, and Munna's forewarn warned it that Shell Blade was Mijumaru's strongest attacks.

Seems like these moves will be very useful.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Wouldn't it be interesting if they added a variant of Confusion status, where instead of simply hitting yourself, you would randomly hit your partners?

R/S/E had 14 boxes.

So if it does follow the pattern, we'd get 22.
RSE has 14 boxes for the same reason DPPt has 18. That number of boxes allows you to have 1 of every Pokémon, including all alternate forms.

RSE has 14 boxes @ 30 a piece = 420 storage
386 Pokémon + 3 Deoxys forms + 27 Unown = 416

DPPt has 18 boxes @ 30 a piece = 540 storage
493 Pokémon + 3 Deoxys + 27 Unown + 1 Gastrodon + 2 Wormadam + 1 Giratina + 5 Rotom + 1 Shaymin = 533

Both games have just enough to hold all the Pokémon in the game including their alternate forms. I would be willing to bet that RBY and GSC follow the pattern as well. This means the number of boxes we have will be dependent on the number of new Pokémon added to the game as the box space is there so you can, "Catch 'em all."

Gigaiasu, that name sounds badass. Yay, Luvdisc gets an evovultion! Well, it certainly looks like it could be a Luvdisc evolution.

That Luvdisc evo looks so badass. I'll be getting one of those, even if it's still NU.

Also, looks like I was wrong about Probopass evolving into Gigaiasu. There's no resemblance in the names, so it's likely that they aren't actually related (although of course Gigaiasu doesn't even have a nose, which I never really thought of before).

Well, let's hope Luvdisc's evo gets some decent stats so Lumineon can truly be the most useless Pokémon in the game.

I will wait for the Sugimori art before I make a comment on the design.

... Luvdisc finally evolved. Screw it, I'l throwing out my cards. Let GF evolve as many 'mons as they wish at this point (Though I'm hoping Skarmory IS one of 'em XP)

So, considering it, THAT is really interesting, because until now, whenever GameFreak made an evolution of an old pokemon, they were quite good (at least for their type). Now, Luvdisc is absolute rubbish, so how on earth are they gonna make it good?

EDIT: remember this, people ITT: ALL evolutions were good. Some turned out to be not OU material, but all were good.

My guesses:
1. Ability. I don't see the potential in having another Swift Swim abuser. Also, Luvdisc doesn't have a second ability, so there is room to give it something nice. Dust Proof could fit but I doubt Sexdisc could use that. Also, possible new ability.
2. Typing. A unique typing could help it greatly. Sadly, this thing only looks like Water/Flying (which would not be better) if anything. Inb4 Water/Psychic, but really have many of that. Hope for Water/Fire just for the metaphor?
3. Movepool. Sexdisc needs sexy moves!

That Luvdisc evo looks so badass. I'll be getting one of those, even if it's still NU.

Also, looks like I was wrong about Probopass evolving into Gigaiasu. There's no resemblance in the names, so it's likely that they aren't actually related (although of course Gigaiasu doesn't even have a nose, which I never really thought of before).
To be fair, Mamanbo doesn't have any resemblance to Luvcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)