Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You totally misunderstood. Tsutarja is my favorite of the new three, and I said the only reason I WON'T pick it is if it turns out to seriously blow (and, let's be honest, being a Grass-type doesn't promise it a bright future).

Not to mention I have Tsutarja's sprite in my avatar...

I have to agree, DPt had the best plot, naturally. As the games have progressed whatever semblance of plot that's there has been becoming more and more relevant. Not to mention I'd bet money there are more side quests in DPt too because of all the Legendary Pokemon. Heck, it even had a full blown side story after the E4 in Platinum with Stark Mountain. The story is certainly absurd, but considering the game's premise is catching monsters in capsules and battling them, I wouldn't deduct too many points for that.
Lol, sorry for the typo, what I meant is that even if it gets Grass/Bug I'll pick it. If you really like a pokemon, you stick with it no matter what! :D
But I know you didn't insult it

Lol, sorry for the typo, what I meant is that even if it gets Grass/Bug I'll pick it. If you really like a pokemon, you stick with it no matter what! :D
But I know you didn't insult it
Tsutarja is certainly my favorite of the three, so it's not like I won't ever choose it, but I feel if something will help me get through the game easier, I will go with it, so I can experience what I need to experience before being able to leisurely pick my favorites and play through it other times.

I guess it just depends on how you want to play the game.

Dry Skin doesn't help in that department either.
Well Dry Skin helps more than it hurts. It's already getting OHKOed by virtually any Fire-attack anyways, and the ability to heal switching in on Surfs and during Rain is excellent. For what it's worth, Parasect is the second best counter to Swampert (Ludicolo being number 1).

Dry Skin is one ability I would like to see get some more usage. With the right typing, it could easily find itself in OU.

yes itnt it and walrien the onlt pokemon with a x6 weakness/resistance?
That and Dewgong.

Personally, the games are never extremely challenging so I'm going to pick whichever starter I like the best in my opinion. Not powerful enough? Grind. Bad type advantage? Get more pokemon. There's a reason you can have up to six at a time, and it's good to build that synergy up.

@blasphemy1: I suppose that is a truth, but being OHKO'd by a Fire Spin doesn't really seem like a good way to go. Heh. I agree that it is a great ability when used correctly, though, and considering its nature doesn't have to be restricted into any specific type category like Volt/Water Absorb. Probably work great on a Rock type pokemon; very much so, actually.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Heh. I agree that it is a great ability when used correctly, though, and considering its nature doesn't have to be restricted into any specific type category like Volt/Water Absorb.
Yeah toxicroak isn't grass or bug. I hope it gets some distribution with pokes that can take perfect advantage of it.

Something i just noticed, Rayquazas abillity air lock does the EXACT same thing as Cloud nine,why doesnt Rayquaza just learn Could nine instead of trying to be cool learning an abillity that it will be the only to every use?

Something i just noticed, Rayquazas abillity air lock does the EXACT same thing as Cloud nine,why doesnt Rayquaza just learn Could nine instead of trying to be cool learning an abillity that it will be the only to every use?
Because the ability's name fits. It is meant to represent how Rayquaza has inhabited the skies, at the ozone layer.

To be fair, "Cloud Nine" is a bit of a misnomer, since people take it at face value. Neither it nor its Japanese name have anything to do with clouds, albeit Cloud Nine isn't exactly the best translation (unless it has some meaning behind it that doesn't translate obviously).

Indeed. Give it to an Altaria (and it's awesome evo) and Dragonair. And a couple a of new pokes while they're at it.
Finaly,somone agrees there needs ton be a Altario evo with Cloud 9,Thank You.

Every one thinks that a Altaria evo is bad because it would be another pumped up dragon.

You do realize that out of all the Dragon famlies,its the only one that isnt fully complete with three Pokemon in it

the hell

Ontopic: I think there will be a lot of gen 3 ties, especially when it comes to evos. The first evo they've chosen to show us has been from Luvdisc, and Reshiram and Zekrom seem to be intentionally perfect mates for Groudon and Kyogre. More to come, hopefully.

I feel like the conversation is getting a little off topic, So I feel like this Generation will have a lot of ties to the third Gen,hopefuly.
The thread is definitely getting a bit "post_count++" spammy and mostly irrelevant to Pokemon B&W.
How about we keep the OP in mind?

Anyway, Pokejungle has some new rumours up for those who are interested.
-Shikijika has seasonal forms/evolutions (heard that before)
-Mole is Ground Steel with "Superhuman Scissors" ability according to PJ but I think it's just the English Hypercutter.
-Swan is Water/Flying

..and a few others.
They sound rather believable so we'll see.

EDIT: BTW, Fire Type OHKO move on the victory Pokemon makes a lot of sense esp. if it gets some kind of boost from KO-ing opponents.

Also
Koalagi is mentioned again, Grass type, koala appearance. Belly is apparently white and has black ears… back is bush-like (other rumor didn’t have those details)
I don't see black ears but otherwise it's pretty close.

Hopefully we will get evos for Altaria,Chimecho,Peliper,Caturne,and Crawdaunt.

And Im glad they switched contests with music shows, now I might actuall be able to do something other than battling.

The thread is definitely getting a bit "post_count++" spammy and mostly irrelevant to Pokemon B&W.
How about we keep the OP in mind?

Anyway, Pokejungle has some new rumours up for those who are interested.
-Shikijika has seasonal forms/evolutions (heard that before)
-Mole is Ground Steel with "Superhuman Scissors" ability according to PJ but I think it's just the English Hypercutter.
-Swan is Water/Flying

..and a few others.
They sound rather believable so we'll see.

EDIT: BTW, Fire Type OHKO move on the victory Pokemon makes a lot of sense esp. if it gets some kind of boost from KO-ing opponents.

Also
I don't see black ears but otherwise it's pretty close.

The Mole will probably get Swords Dance and Night Slash, and with immunity to Poison, Thunder Wave, and Sandstorm, with 4x resistance to Stealth Rock, it could become a real threat in OU (assuming Hyper Cutter). That typing is really just fantastic in general, imagine if it had Garchomp-esque bulk :O. Seems like it could be in every way better than Sandslash (evo).

Seasonal forms makes a lot of sense, and the seasons (rumored) change every week. The move changes based on the season, Fire for Summer and Ice for Winter. That could be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)