Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm curious. Let's say I'm RNGing for a shiny egg and I miss ONE coin flip, and the egg's wrong. Does this mean I'm only ONE under my frame and should just take the NEXT egg? Or would I be further under my target frame?

Is there a guide for RNG'ing in the Safari zone? and where would i find the encounter slots?

(for Soul Silver of course) any help is appreciated

iChrono: Yes, Method K for all catches in HG/SS :) I'm unsure of the squirt bottle one, if it goes straight to battle wthout you having to interact with it, it should be +1 like all other interactions I'm guessing...but it's only an assumption.

I'm having a hard time RNG abusing in Diamond. My first project is Azelf and can't get a good verification on what seed I land on. I do the coin flip trick when I get in the game. I haven't landed it so I then proceed to catch Azelf to check its stats. However, Seed Finder's seed from stat function keeps telling me theres no results for my Date and Time but I'm putting in the correct date that I catch Azelf. I even wait to battle him at the turn of the minute. Anyone had this problem or can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Can I RNG abuse a Sinjoh Ruins Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina by saving outside on Arceus' chamber just one step from it's entrance and verify my seed and advance my frame using Elm calls and radio? And if it is, when I go inside to activate the event, how many frames will advanced, asuuming there's no roamer, since Cynthia will, of course, walk and talk to you? Thanks! :)

@Bakus:
Okay I tried entering the time like you said but still getting no results. Is there any other way that I can verify my seed?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You enter the time in which you hit continue from the game screen, not the time you battle Azelf.
@Bakus:
Okay I tried entering the time like you said but still getting no results. Is there any other way that I can verify my seed?

Umm.. isn't Azelf generated by a different method? I don't think the seed finder works with anything but normal encounters. I could be wrong though.

I'm curious. Let's say I'm RNGing for a shiny egg and I miss ONE coin flip, and the egg's wrong. Does this mean I'm only ONE under my frame and should just take the NEXT egg? Or would I be further under my target frame?
Nope you have to do it again

I'll give that a try. Well whats the standard way of RNG abusing a legend in DPPt. Does everyone just go by the mingots guide? I've been following it. saving in front of the Legendary, SRing for the delay, using coin flips, but again thats where I get stuck cause when the coin flips don't match I don't know how else to check what seed I'm on so I can adjust Pikatimer.

Edit: I'm not exactly sure what you have listed up there, frames or delay, when you mention 2794 and 2813.

Your game wants an odd delay, not an even delay. So you need to put a Gen 3 game in your Gen 3 slot of your DS lite to change your delay for odd to even. Or you need to change the date by one year.

Also, make sure you use method K for HGSS. Do not use method J. Method J is for DPPt.
ok that (2794) is my target delay, and i can't hit that delay, sometimes i get higher (2813) and sometimes i get lower (2767).

do you have any tips to hit delay ??? this to hard to me

for addition information : i try to abuse this seed "C20B0AF4, <50 frame, 2794 delay, Adamant 31/31/31/17/31/31, ability 1." with time 2010/05/27 11:05:54

ok that (2794) is my target delay, and i can't hit that delay, sometimes i get higher (2813) and sometimes i get lower (2767).

do you have any tips to hit delay ??? this to hard to me

for addition information : i try to abuse this seed "C20B0AF4, <50 frame, 2794 delay, Adamant 31/31/31/17/31/31, ability 1." with time 2010/05/27 11:05:54
You can't hit that delay because your game wants an odd delay, not even. So put a GBA game in the GBA game slot or change the year by one on your DS, not RNG Reporter (change your DS start time from 2010 to 2011). Do one or the other, not both.

Okay, so I'm trying to RNG a Kanto starter (Charmander) from Prof. Oak using the following spread:

PID: f9426f72 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 52140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 89, J (no synch): 93, K (synch): 91, K (no synch): 89) HP DARK 70

Now I'm aware it's Method 1, so I input the necessary data into the RNG Reporter, proceeded to hit the seed (which I did) and advanced the frames to 113; one before the target frame. After doing that, I exited the Pokégear, received the started only to find it was Hasty with crappy IVs. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong? Do bear in mind that this is my first Method 1 RNG.

Find the spread you got on the list generated under method 1. Then adjust your Elm calls to land on the correct frame to get your target spread. The gift pokemon from Oak have their own starting frames. You need to test and adjust accordingly.

Find the spread you got on the list generated under method 1. Then adjust your Elm calls to land on the correct frame to get your target spread. The gift pokemon from Oak have their own starting frames. You need to test and adjust accordingly.
Thanks Riski, I think I've got the hang of it now.

i am trying to find my target time for capturing an azelf but it is not working. im entering my desired IVs into the capture tab and selecting method J and a naive nature. however, when i click generate, it goes for about 10 minutes but its not finding any times. ive done it multiple times but no luck. can someone please help?

Retro Question: is it possible to RNG in FireRed/LeafGreen? If so, how? Does it use the same RNG mechanism that Emerald does?

If not, how does one capture a flawless Mewtwo and the legendary birds? Does it have to be done in HGSS?

You can't hit that delay because your game wants an odd delay, not even. So put a GBA game in the GBA game slot or change the year by one on your DS, not RNG Reporter (change your DS start time from 2010 to 2011). Do one or the other, not both.
thanks i will try tomorrow

@Gahagan: As far as I know, the RNG was only cracked in Emerald on the entire Generation III Pokemon games (correct me if I'm wrong). So yeah, the only way to get a flawless Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres is to RNG them on HeartGold and SoulSilver. :)

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Gaghagan:
I believe that the Fire Red and Leaf Green RNG is cracked and acts the same way as Emerald's. HOWEVER it only does so once the internal battery runs out. So if you're planning to do it on a retail cart, you'll have to have had it sat around for quite some time.

When RNGing for IVs in HGSS, does the number of pokes in your party affect your Seed or Frame in any way shape or form? Getting some weird Elm calls when landing on my delay . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)