Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

yes i know i need to abuse desired shiny flawless spread, but i cant find best one.

do you know ID and SID that can make shiny mininum 2 kind flawess / near flawess nature (ex. timid and jolly) in one ID and SID
You use PokeRNG to find the spread you want. Go to the first page of this thread to find the post about PokeRNG so you can download it. Generate the spread you want using the program. Then go further down the first page and find the post on ID/SID abuse. Follow the instructions to RNG the SID of your newly started Pokemon game, using the PID from the spread you got on PokeRNG.

Regarding my last post, I can confirm that calls to Youngster Joey on Monday do indeed still advance the IRNG frame by 2. He said something about wanting to battle me when he comes up with a new strategy for Rattata... I'm not sure if this is what he normally says or not. I can also confirm that calls to Youngster Ian advance the IRNG frame by 2 as well.

I have a question that regards Egg Moves and Diamond/SS.

[This is on Diamond mind you] If i were to RNG a flawless Squirtle (and its father knew Water spout) and then i transfer the egg into my SS will it have the egg move water spout? even though it was bred on diamond where the Egg move isnt passed on?

[This is on Diamond mind you] If i were to RNG a flawless Squirtle (and its father knew Water spout) and then i transfer the egg into my SS will it have the egg move water spout? even though it was bred on diamond where the Egg move isnt passed on?
I would go with no. Once you pick up the egg the only thing that can vary is shinyness. I don't think the game does any other checks when the egg hatches besides that. Also I don't believe any parent information is attached to the egg other than what is inherited at time of egg creation/pickup, so the game would have no idea what moves the parents had anyway :p

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I doubt it. Egg moves I believe are set when the egg is generated.

Ninja'd.

I would go with no. Once you pick up the egg the only thing that can vary is shinyness. I don't think the game does any other checks when the egg hatches besides that. Also I don't believe any parent information is attached to the egg other than what is inherited at time of egg creation/pickup, so the game would have no idea what moves the parents had anyway :p
I doubt it. Egg moves I believe are set when the egg is generated.

Ninja'd.

answers from Bulbagarden members maybe we should have a Help thread there then :p

anyways thanks guys! I wanted to just RNG it on Diamond because im too lazy to figure out how to abuse babies in SS. I guess ill have to eventually read Riskis guide and what not :)

edit: thanks for the quick responses!

thanks for information now i can focus to catch them.

next, i have some problem after catch groudon, i want to rng rayquaza / mewtwo (with GEN 3 in slot 2) but when i try to call elm (Seed Verifying) it say no match seed what happen ??

this problem is not happen when i remove my pokemon sappire from slot 2 but i cant hit my delay (always lower than my target)

UPDATE :
how to catch mewtwo?? is he method K and what his frame ?? 1

UPDATE 2:
since my id not match with shiny flawess, how to change my id and sid ??? and can you tell me id and sid to get shiny flawess/near flawess adamant/timid/modest/jolly/calm and bold
There are six hexflawless spreads in Dppt/HGSS. Three are Modest, one is Timid, one is Calm, and one is Docile. To get them as shiny catching spreads on your game, you'll most likely need to ID/SID abuse to do that.

However, when you do ID/SID abuse for one of these spreads, you'll actually have a "twin" spread that goes along with it. Each of the six hexflawless spreads have a "twin", and they go as follows:

Modest/Timid
Modest/Calm
Modest/Docile

This means that if you ID/SID abuse for one of these spreads, you'll actually have another hexflawless one on your game.

To ID/SID abuse, find the PID of the spread you want. Copy that PID. Open Pandora's Box tab of RNGReporter. Input the PID, minimum delay, and maximum delay that you can hit (in the left column). Click "Find Compatible Seeds". It will generate a list of ID/SIDs that have that PID. When you find the ID/SID you want, copy the seed that goes with that ID/SID. Go back to RNGReporter's main page and click the "Seed to Time" tab. Paste that seed (remember to click the button for the version of the game you are playing), then click generate. It will produce a list of times and dates you can hit for that seed. From there, you can write down the date and times, and RNG as normal.

Remember that you can't call Elm to verify whether you hit the correct seed or not. Fortunately, ID/SID abuse doesn't require frame advancement, only hitting a really large delay. Once in the game, wait until you receive your trainer ID. If you receive the ID you were aiming for, then you ID/SID abused correctly. If not, restart the time on your DS and start again.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Also, remember that if you hit odd delays, and the ID/SID you want is on an even delay (or vice versa), change the year up or down by one year on your DS, then you'll be able to hit the ID/SID you desire. It's the same process for normal RNGing. :)

Quick question regarding ID/SID abuse (I caught myself in a problem here).

When starting a new game in SS, you must not already have a saved game, otherwise when you start a new game, you can't save it over the previous save.

When you start a new game, you hit the A button on the title screen, then it jumps right into a new game. When does your delay start counting down? As soon as you hit A on the title screen, or after it tells you "Info about the game" and you select "no info needed"?

I just don't know when it begins to start counting your delay. If anyone could help, that would be wonderful (preferably someone who has knowledge of HG/SS ID/SID abuse).

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Quick question regarding ID/SID abuse (I caught myself in a problem here).

When starting a new game in SS, you must not already have a saved game, otherwise when you start a new game, you can't save it over the previous save.

When you start a new game, you hit the A button on the title screen, then it jumps right into a new game. When does your delay start counting down? As soon as you hit A on the title screen, or after it tells you "Info about the game" and you select "no info needed"?

I just don't know when it begins your countdown timer.
Just like when you're RNGing for anything else, it starts when you reset. Just use the timer the same way except you hit A on the last message before you turn small instead of the continue screen.

Oh, I see. So it starts counting down once I launch the game? Well that makes things much, much simpler. Thank you Toast!

I was worried there for a moment, and somehow I think I already knew it before, but since I'm now having first hand experience, I might have jumped ahead a bit.

Toast++

Oh, I see. So it starts counting down once I launch the game? Well that makes things much, much simpler. Thank you Toast!

I was worried there for a moment, and somehow I think I already knew it before, but since I'm now having first hand experience, I might have jumped ahead a bit.
I believe so. Regardless, you can still do everything the same way you have been. It's just a different target.

Alright, I hit my delay, but my seconds were wrong. I hit the right delay, but I was 3 seconds off (18 seconds instead of 15). What do I do now? I thought I calibrated everything correctly, but I end up with a different ID than expected.

Alright, apologies for the confusion there, but it just took a bit of trial and error.

Anyway, after a while or so, I kept hitting the wrong seconds but correct delays. First it was 18 seconds, then 17 seconds, then 14.

However, just now I hit my 15 second mark, and hit my delay in less than 45 minutes. I confirmed my ID through the Trainer card that I received, and also used the AR to check the SID. Everything matches!

I successfully ID/SID abused for the first time, and I'm glad it didn't take as long as I feared! I know it may not seem much of an accomplishment, since it's been done many times before, but I did want to thank everyone for their help and suggestions in teaching me to ID/SID abuse. Thank you!

I am trying to teach myself to RNG and this is what I'm am aiming for:

Seed: 7708026C
Date: 11/9/2010
Time: 8:06:14
Delay: 610
Frame: 19
Spread: 31/B/B/30/30/A
: 31/31/31/30/30/31
Coin Flips: T,T,H,T,T,H,H,T,T,T

Synchronize time: 8:05:00
Reset time: 8:06:00

These are the results I got:

Seed: 77080266
Date: 11/9/2010
Time: 8:06:14
Delay: 604
Frame: 20
Spread: B/19/16/1/23/A
: 31/19/16/1/23/31
Coin Flips: H,H,T,T,T,H,H,T,H,T

Can anyone give me some help as to why it isn't working?

You use PokeRNG to find the spread you want. Go to the first page of this thread to find the post about PokeRNG so you can download it. Generate the spread you want using the program. Then go further down the first page and find the post on ID/SID abuse. Follow the instructions to RNG the SID of your newly started Pokemon game, using the PID from the spread you got on PokeRNG.
There are six hexflawless spreads in Dppt/HGSS. Three are Modest, one is Timid, one is Calm, and one is Docile. To get them as shiny catching spreads on your game, you'll most likely need to ID/SID abuse to do that.

However, when you do ID/SID abuse for one of these spreads, you'll actually have a "twin" spread that goes along with it. Each of the six hexflawless spreads have a "twin", and they go as follows:

Modest/Timid
Modest/Calm
Modest/Docile

This means that if you ID/SID abuse for one of these spreads, you'll actually have another hexflawless one on your game.

To ID/SID abuse, find the PID of the spread you want. Copy that PID. Open Pandora's Box tab of RNGReporter. Input the PID, minimum delay, and maximum delay that you can hit (in the left column). Click "Find Compatible Seeds". It will generate a list of ID/SIDs that have that PID. When you find the ID/SID you want, copy the seed that goes with that ID/SID. Go back to RNGReporter's main page and click the "Seed to Time" tab. Paste that seed (remember to click the button for the version of the game you are playing), then click generate. It will produce a list of times and dates you can hit for that seed. From there, you can write down the date and times, and RNG as normal.

Remember that you can't call Elm to verify whether you hit the correct seed or not. Fortunately, ID/SID abuse doesn't require frame advancement, only hitting a really large delay. Once in the game, wait until you receive your trainer ID. If you receive the ID you were aiming for, then you ID/SID abused correctly. If not, restart the time on your DS and start again.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Also, remember that if you hit odd delays, and the ID/SID you want is on an even delay (or vice versa), change the year up or down by one year on your DS, then you'll be able to hit the ID/SID you desire. It's the same process for normal RNGing. :)
Thank for your help, will try soon. anyway is it possible to rng with fl*sh cart since i dont want to make newgame in my retail soulsilver.

anybody here use EDGE Fl*ash Card because this card skip DS Menu so i cant change date and clock

Xav: It's not working because your delay doesn't match. Remember there is 60delays in 1second so just getting the time right isn't everything. Your frames are off too...so make sure you fix that, whatever you're doing :)

I realised the delay and frames were off and have since fixed the frame problem. However, I still cant hit my delay, is there any way to do this with more accuracy?

Use zomgtimer - it's made by toasterplusone (I hope I got the name right). Pikatimer also works. It's pretty self-explanatory how to use :) There is always a "luck" factor in hitting your delay though, so the timer narrows down your results and of course your own timing skills will be a factor :)

i want to RNG a wild Staryu by fishing with the super rod. The target frame is 8. How many frames do i need to advance before i use the super rod?

Fishing usually advances the frames by four, but it's always good to do a test RNG and see how many frames did advance before you do your actual RNG. If you're on HGSS and have roamers and NPCs, your target frame of 8 may be troublesome.

anyone knows why the frame in the bug catching contest is high? i do a base frame of 32,and with 1 call to joey it will be 170+ O_O

i've not the roamers

Fishing usually advances the frames by four, but it's always good to do a test RNG and see how many frames did advance before you do your actual RNG. If you're on HGSS and have roamers and NPCs, your target frame of 8 may be troublesome.
thanks riski. i got me a shiny staryu <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)