Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

2-part question.

1.) If I kill off the legendary birds and then beat the elite 4, I can talk to Oak and get them re-released, correct? (this is Platinum).

2.) I've got the 1-5-11 delay scheme, but is there anything weird about advancing the frame in Oak's house or does it start from 1 and count up from there based on what you do?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
1)
I'm not certain, but as far as I know only the birds are re-released in Platinum. They definitely do on Soul Silver and Heart Gold.

2)
The 1-6-11 frame system works as it says...
If you advance the frame 20 times before starting, then you'll get:
21-26-31.
I assume you meant 1-6-11 'cause I don't think 1-5-11 exists...

Hello people! :)

I'm a new learning how to RNG member of Smogon. But now, at the very begining, I'm having serious trouble finding my second and delay...

I'll post my trainer info if that can help for something:
SoulSilver ID 03763 and SID 35752

Now, I'll post my Calibration results (where I need help).
What is my actual second and delay since these results are so disparate?

1. 27 sec; 495 delay
2. 45 sec; 493 delay
3. 33 sec; 499 delay
4. 51 sec; 491 delay
5. 23 sec; 485 delay
6. 43 sec; 509 delay
7. 33 sec; 485 delay
8. 22 sec; 499 delay
9. 27 sec; 509 delay
10. 54 sec; 501 delay
11. 44 sec; 495 delay
12. 38 sec; 437 delay
13. 23 sec; 487 delay
14. 29 sec; 491 delay
15. 15 sec; 495 delay

I'm very patient, so I'll do anything you think I should do for having a definite result.

Thank you in advance! :)

.com

Grumpy old man
OK, looking at your results I'd guess you didn't start the game at the same seconds each time.
The idea of the seconds, is that you start the game from the DS menu at a consistent time. So sync your DS with an external clock (Press OK on the DS time setting just as the minute starts).

Then, when viewing the other clock, start the game from the DS menu at the start of a new minute, and then do the calibration.
Then reset the DS, and then at the start of a new minute again, do the calibration.

This is why your seconds are being so erratic, because you're starting at random times (at least that's my guess).

Thank you very much!

I was just saving and then soft reseting the game, so I wasn't starting the game from the DS menu one a new minute started... The guide said to soft reset, so I did what the guide said. :)
I'll try what you're saying me to do and then I'll check if the seconds are more accurate.
BTW, why are de delay results not so disparate?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Delay advances 60 times per second.

If you tap consistently to enter the game, you will enter at the same range of delay.

Omit:
12. 38 sec; 437 delay

Your calibrated seconds should probably be 13, and your calibrated Delay 493-503

The better you get at RNG the more reliably you will tap, and your delay range will drop down to 485-495 (which is mine on HGSS)

Problems...

I can't seem to find a link anywhere in this forum to this "PokeRNG" program you're all talking about. When I search for it in google, I get a bunch of crap websites all asking for registration to download. Can anyone here please provide me with link to this program so I may enjoy the exploitation as you all are.

.com

Grumpy old man
@Wing:
Wichu said:
It's called "Wichu's RNG Program" on the front page, but there's the link.

@IZNOGUD:
The delay is the time taken from pressing continue on the DS menu, until clicking Continue to start actually playing the game (just before gaining control of the character).
So no matter what seconds you start it from, the delay will be similar depending on how consistently you manage to skip through all the menus.

Thank you very much, .com and Kaphotics.

The new results obtained were these:

1. 12 sec; 505 delay
2. 15 sec; 495 delay
3. 14 sec; 499 delay
4. 14 sec; 513 delay
5. 15 sec; 494 delay
6. 15 sec; 499 delay
7. 15 sec; 499 delay
8. 15 sec; 515 delay
9. 15 sec; 501 delay
10. 15 sec; 495 delay
11. 14 sec; 493 delay
12. 15 sec; 511 delay
13. 15 sec; 505 delay
14. 15 sec; 497 delay
15. 15 sec; 503 delay

I could say that my second is 15 but (correct?), but... what about the delay?

Thank you very much, .com and Kaphotics.

The new results obtained were these:

1. 12 sec; 505 delay
2. 15 sec; 495 delay
3. 14 sec; 499 delay
4. 14 sec; 513 delay
5. 15 sec; 494 delay
6. 15 sec; 499 delay
7. 15 sec; 499 delay
8. 15 sec; 515 delay
9. 15 sec; 501 delay
10. 15 sec; 495 delay
11. 14 sec; 493 delay
12. 15 sec; 511 delay
13. 15 sec; 505 delay
14. 15 sec; 497 delay
15. 15 sec; 503 delay

I could say that my second is 15 but (correct?), but... what about the delay?
I highly recommend forgetting about calibration, and just use Toast's timer. It will allow you to use a significantly larger window of delays while basically ignoring the seconds aspect of the RNG process.

The calibration process is really designed for immediate entry into the game, advancing the required screens as fast as possible. Pikatimer and ZOMGTimer give you much more breathing room and flexibility.

I'm guessing you're using HGSS, so just set your seconds to 14, and adjust the delay dependent on the seed you desire to hit.

.com

Grumpy old man
As MattJ said, going with a timer is really the best option, but since you're asking might as well answer.

I'd say 15 would be a solid guess for your seconds.
As for your delay, the first thing to notice is that it's always odd! This means that you will only ever hit odd delays (without one of the few tweaks). Bear that in mind when you're trying to choose seeds to go after, etc.
I would say 499 would be your best bet for a delay out of those listed, but look into Pikatimer or ZomgTimer, info on Pikatimer is on the first page of this thread, and it's pretty transferrable to Zomg timer.

But how do I advance my frames? I know journal flips advance the game frame by 2 (or was that 1.) >_<

For example, I start the game with the journal opening up saying that X Pokemon was caught, does that count?

Copied from the Guide in the first page.

Advancing the RNG

There are a number of different ways to advance the RNG, but for capturing Pokémon the three easiest are Journal flips, walking where there are wild Pokémon present while using a Repel, and walking where there are no wild Pokémon.

Journal Flipping

Opening the Journal, or having it automatically open, when there is a caught or defeated Pokémon on the first page advances the RNG by 2. There are a number of formats for the caught/defeated Pokémon text. Those listed below have been verified to advance the RNG. 'Caught a female BIDOOF.'
'Caught AZELF (LATE NIGHT).'
'UXIE was caught (DAY).'
'Defeated a male BIDOOF.'
Flipping to a page in the Journal where a caught or defeated Pokémon is listed advances the RNG by two. The same message formats listed above will advance the RNG.

Walking in areas with no wild Pokémon

Taking 128 steps will advance the RNG by a number equal to the number of Pokémon in your party. This step counter is stored when you save your game and does not revert to zero when you soft reset, so it is important that you walk exactly 128 steps. Any more and it is possible that the RNG will advance again and throw off your calculations.

Walking in areas with wild Pokémon

The RNG is advanced by one for each step or turn that you make, even when Repel is in use. Turning and walking in a single movement advances the RNG by two.

Wandering NPCs

The preceding methods to advance the RNG were listed because they can be used, in a controlled manner, to reach a target frame. On the other hand, Wandering NPCs are discussed here because they tend to have the opposite effect: advancing the RNG in an unpredictable manner and foiling our attempts at hitting our target frame. The challenges that Wandering NPCs pose are not always insurmountable, though, and this information should be useful for working around them or at least knowing how to avoid them. It is noteworthy that if you are attempting to capture a legendary Pokémon there will be no wandering NPCs to deal with which means this information can be safely ignored. For those attempting to capture non-legendary Pokémon, read on.
Wandering NPCs are those who walk or turn in a random pattern. The best way to tell if the NPC is moving in a random pattern is to simply observe it. If, after a few moments, you can't predict the pattern of its movements it is a wandering NPC. All Wandering NPCs in a zone will advance the RNG even if they are not on the same screen as the player character; therefore, it is important to know if there are any at all in the particular zone where you are capturing a Pokémon. You can tell when you enter a new zone because a location box is briefly displayed showing the name of the zone.
One additional method to determine if there are wandering NPCs in a zone is to capture a Pokémon, without a synchronizer, after waiting approximately one minute following entry to the game world. Once this Pokémon is captured enter its stats into the "DPPt Seed Finder" of RNG Reporter, then generate a frame listing for method J. For Pokémon that were captured using Sweet Scent the frame will be two. For those that were not the frame will be close to the number of steps that were taken before encountering the Pokémon. If there are wandering NPCs the frame will generally be some number higher than 50.
If there are no wandering NPCs in the zone you will have no issues with unwanted RNG advancement. If there are you will want to figure out which can be stopped. Wandering NPCs may be stopped if they are able to be re-battled using the Vs. Seeker. To stop these wandering NPCs you must use the Vs. Seeker successfully and re-battle them. When the battle is over these NPCs will no longer wander (and will no longer advance the RNG) until you leave and re-enter the zone. This effect persists between resets of the game, making this a viable technique. Unfortunately, not all wandering NPCs can he stopped as they do not all accept rematches using the Vs. Seeker. Experiment to figure out which ones can in a particular zone.

Use any combination of these to advance the RNG. For even numbers it is recommended to use Journal flips exclusively. Divide the number of RNG advances that are required and divide that number by 2 for the number of Journal flips.

For odd numbers the easiest method is to have an odd number of Pokémon in your party and walk 128 steps on tiles where there are no wild Pokémon. After this subtract the number of Pokémon in your party from the number of required RNG advances and then divide this number by two to get the number of Journal flips that are required.

.com

Grumpy old man
There's a link to a DPPt guide on the first post on the first page.

You can do one of 3 things.
Walk 128 steps - this advances the frame by the number of pokemon in your party

Walk 1 step in an area with wild pokemon (or perform a turn) - advance the RNG by 1 per step / turn (2 for a step and turn in one motion) - still works with Repel in effect to ensure you don't encounter an unwanted poke.

Flip to a journal page which describes you catching a Pokémon.
e.g. ___ caught a Bidoof...

EDIT:
Beaten to it, and by a more thorough answer. Sorry.

I'm using Toast's timer and an AR.

Seed: 250408b7
Calibrated Delay: 625
Target Delay: 2221
Time: 4:14:15
Calibrated Seconds: 15
Target Seconds: 15

First Timer: 34.50
Second Timer: 40.98

Do I press "Yes" on the load codes screen when the first timer runs out?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Goddamnit.
I can only hit my seed for Shiny Rotom at 11:18 in the morning... After I hit it, can I just advance the frame, close my DS and wait until 20:00, when Rotom appears inside the TV? Or does closing the DS and waiting 9 hours mess up my frame somehow?
:-\

What are the Encounter slots for the daily pokemon for Mr.Backlot on diamond?

in the trophy case, i was told that the daily new one is 6, and the old one is 7, yet I did everything correct and encounter a Flawless Bold Starvia instead of a Porygon T_T after adavancing my frame to 432

if it matters seed (hex) a20f03bb

edit: after looking at 430 frame encounter slot (0 which is starvia) its likely i missed my frame >.<

Okay, I now got my retail Platinum cart. Can I abuse for my ID/SID immediately? Or do I need to find which delay does my game generate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)