Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
I was on vacation for 3 days. There was no internet. Thus I've pretty much gotten from getting to Dewford (where part 1 left off) to being about to start victory road.

EPISODE 2 (beware it's long)

-Find Aron, Makuhita, and Zubat
-Grind them all to ~level 18
-Take on Brawly, win handily
-Go to Slateport
-Take on Team Aqua
-Go through the routes above Slateport, take on first Trick Master Challenge
-Arrive in (Electric Gym) Town
-Kill nearly every trainer to grind up Aron and Makuhita (including Winstrates), get Rock Smash and teach it to Makuhita
-take on Wattson (Aron leads; takes Voltorb Selfdestruct for 6 HP of damage; 5-3; send in Makuhita as he sends in Electrike; Bulk Up 3 times as it uses Howl and Shock Wave (after which I heal); KO it with Vital Throw; Static Paralyses; 5-2; Magneton comes out; I use Vital Throw while it (thankfully) uses Sonicboom; 5-1; finally, out comes Manectric; it Howls once, paralyzed, it Howls twice, I hit and somehow leave it with a sliver of HP, despite being at +3 Attack and Guts lol; it Howls a third time while I KO; 5-0)
-Help Wally’s relatives reunite; get Strength and teach it to Marshstomp
-Zubat evolves into Golbat
-Go back to Granite Cave in Dewford to find Rock Smash areas for Makuhita (there are six or seven Rock Smash rocks in one area); eventually found 14 (as I had already gotten one)
-Evolve Makuhita
-Prepare to grind Aron like hell (it’s at level 29 once I start, level 34 (?) once I end)
-Golbat evolves
-Give Prof. Cosmo the Meteorite and get Return… in return; teach it to Aron
-Buy X items (4 Attack, 1 Speed) after failing numerous times to kill Flannery’s goddamned Torkoal (if it sets up SD, I am OHKOed; it is 3HKOed by Dig… -_-)
-take on Flannery for the final time (Aron leads vs. Numel; I Return for a OHKO; 6-3; Slugma comes out, at which point I just use my X items (4 Attack to OHKO Torkoal and 1 Speed so that Camerupt can’t Attract stall me (in fact, in one of my tries, it got about 10 Attract immobilizations IN A FUCKING ROW) while it does shit damage to me in return; I heal and OHKO the rest of her team with Dig; 6-0)
-Use Strength to get Toxic for Torkoal; it gets Protect
-Challenge Norman; win handily
-Get Surf and go along the routes of the ship of the captain and defeat all of the trainers
-After screwing around for a bunch of time, I finally take on Winona (I have defeated nearly every trainer around Fortree by this time) (the battle was a bit of a haze, but I can remember using Torkoal’s Flamethrower to OHKO a few of her Pokemon and used Toxic from Torkoal (which tanked a +1 Altaria EQ for less than 50%; fuck yeah Torkoal) on her Altaria, which kept Earthquaking; I switched in Crobat while it EQed; used Fly and stalled out all of its health, and defeated her this way; I can’t remember what I did with her non-Fire weak Pokemon but I think I used Mashstomp and Hariyama)
-Taught Aerial Ace to Beautifly
-Got to Mt. Pyre, evicted Aqua
-Got Shadow Ball on Mt. Pyre, taught it to Crobat (only Poison Fang left!)
-Got to Mt. Chimney Magma Base, defeated everybody handily
-Got to Lilycove
-Defeated May
-Swept the Aqua Hideout
-Went to Mossdeep
-Leveled Crobat on the Gym Trainers to level 43 then used 6 Rare Candies to get it to 49 so it would learn Poison Fang (Restriction Completed!)
-Against Gym Leaders, mostly used Crobat (Shadow Ball was a big help!); battle was hazy and I really can’t remember anything but Torkoal failed to KO anything (TBH I'm rather reluctant to get rid of Protect as it's such a nice move in tandem with Protect... I really have very little use for Smog's spot in general; the only move I can see replacing it in general is Substitute..)
-Chased Aqua, KOed them
-Went to Sootopolis, then Tower of Origin, then back to solve the weather dilemma
-Took on Sootopolis Gym (Hariyama lead vs. Luvdisc; it uses Attract first turn (WHY THE FUCK DID I NOT GET ALL FEMALE POKEMON? T_T) while I try to Bulk Up in vain (to give you a show of the way Attract hates me, Luvdisc ran out of Water Pulse before I got in 4 Bulk Ups; I think I used 3 or 4 Hyper Potions though); I sweep with the newly gotten Brick Break (I was so glad not to always move last) after getting to +6)
-Using Waterfall, I went up to Meteor Falls and tried to catch Bagons for the aftergame (I.E. the Frontier)
-Go to Pacifidlog

Team:

Modest lvl 41 Torkoal @ Charcoal
-Flamethrower
-Smog
-Toxic
-Protect

Must have two Poison moves and Protect until it learns Heat Wave (at which point one can be replaced and Heat Wave can replace Protect); has been a really useful member of my team, as Toxic+Protect is soooo cool. Flamethrower is nicely strong and the nature is nice. Not much goes in Smog's spot so I'm fine with that.

Berserker the Brave lvl 41 Lairon @ Soft Sand
-Iron Tail
-Cut
-Dig
-Return

Must solo Flannery to evolve into Lairon (I hope X-items were allowed since that's the only way I can KO Torkoal without being like level 42) and must solo Drake. Has been good overall. Iron Tail's accuracy doesn't seem to be an issue and Berserker is strong as shit.

Tertiary the Quirky lvl 41 Swampert @ Amulet Coin
-Surf
-Dive
-Waterfall (will soon be replaced since I've gone to every waterfall spot in the game I think... there are 3 -_-)
-Strength

(no restrictions left); has been pretty good. Despite its poor moveset it still does fine.

Buetos the Bashful lvl 41 Beautifly @ Cleanse Tag
-Silver Wind
-Aerial Ace
-Stun Spore
-Flash

Must have 2 status moves and 2 attacks. Oddly enough, is ok (and I REALLY want to see a CB Beautifly used by somebody on Youtube lol (quick somebody give it to the next DPPt challenger))

Serious lvl 42 Hariyama @ Quick Claw
-Fake Out
-Bulk Up
-Rock Smash
-Brick Break

(No restrictions left iirc); powerful as hell; Fake Out has enormous utility and Bulk Up is awesome. Going to replace the former to augment my really shit coverage though.

X-Eyed the Hardy lvl 49 Crobat @ Lax Incense
-Fly
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray
-Poison Fang

Must solo 5 Elite Four Pokemon. Is really good and has nice coverage. Inability to hit steel types neutrally is irritating but not terrible. Overlevelled to fulfill its moveset before chasing after aqua (the product of 6 rare candies).

EDIT: Leade, you get Sol the (Male) Vulpix. Sol has to set up Sunny Day (after getting the move from the Safari Zone) in every gym battle if there are no other restrictions that stop you from doing so (like a solo challenge). To prove his superiority as a Fire-type, he must solo Blaine. He can freely evolve.

Your sister gets Bob (see it's a bad pun) the male Lotad. Because Bob wants to prove his true worth, he must learn and keep at least 2 HM moves by the end of the game. HM moves can be switched freely once you get to lilycove (I.E. use the move deleter to get rid of Waterfall and switch it for Flash, for example). Bob can evolve freely. He must solo the rival at one point in the game.

@Leade: in leafgreen, you get Timmy the Poliwag. Timmy always gets really distracted by the swirling on his stomach. Due to that in battles he can only make 4 moves before he gets distracted. After he gets distracted you must randomly select his move with a dice. 1 is move 1, 2 is move 2, 3 is move 3, 4 is move 4, 5 is your choice between moves 1 and 2, and 6 is your choice between moves 3 and 4. After evolving the swirl switches direction so he gets more captivated by it. He can only make 3 moves before he gets distracted. However, he has better instinct so if you roll a 5 you must roll again and if you roll a 6 it is your choice. After evolving again he he learns the martial arts so he has the self-control to stop getting distracted. To prove it he must solo one of the E4 memebers.

@Leade's sister: in ruby, you get Lax the Makuhita. Lax must have the ability Thick Fat. Lax thinks he's too fat so his New Year's Resolution is to lose weight. To do so he must solo one Gym Leader and 10 trainers. Also, he cannot eat anything such as berries and must always be the first pokemon in your party when biking.

Teams so far:

Leade:
~ Kangaskhan from the Safari Zone
~ Matman324 the Spearow
~ Timmy the Poliwag

Sister:
~ Natu from the Safari Zone
~ Ash's Pikachu, AORsON
~ Lax, the Makuhita

We still need starter pokemon guys. And you can nickname our trainers if you get the starter (:

EDIT: fire blast, does that mean i have to solo an E4 member in order to evolve? or i can evolve ahead of time, and then solo?

BTW Leade, AORsON! has a explaination mark in it, as it's part of the reference. Just to note :).

EDIT: I've also once again forgot that Pikachu cant evolve, so I add that to the challenge OP. This IS Ash's Pikachu after all.

BTW Leade, AORsON! has a explaination mark in it, as it's part of the reference. Just to note :).

EDIT: I've also once again forgot that Pikachu cant evolve, so I add that to the challenge OP. This IS Ash's Pikachu after all.
yeah i got it, it was inside the quotation marks :P and i figured he couldnt evolve. otherwise it wouldnt be ash's PIKACHU. you know? xD

yeah i got it, it was inside the quotation marks :P and i figured he couldnt evolve. otherwise it wouldnt be ash's PIKACHU. you know? xD
Ah, ok. I thought you didn't get it because in you team summary post it's spelled "AORsON" with no "!". I'm a guy that pays a LOT of attention to detail (hence why I somtimes get ninja'd 2 posts of somthing while typing a 4 line challenge. Actually I think I'm just a slow typer...)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Reserved for both Leade & Leade's Sister.

I haven't been feeling inspired lately, so I'll recycle some challenges I've given out in the past. Enjoy!

For Leade:
Its_A_Random said:
Yo Leade, What up my homie? Oh, you want a Pokemon from me eh? Okay man. I present to you, only the coolest, most hip-hop gangsta in da land y'all, It's 50 Cent da Meowth, y'all & He's one to have all the cool bling bling on him.
This dude likes to get rich quickly, that's right, quickly. So he must know & keep Pay Day, 'cause he likes to get rich quickly or die tryin' man. This dude also has Swagger y'all, that's right, he got Swagga, so he must know & keep Swagger, 'cause he got fucking swagga. And this dude thinks he's so cool with all the chains & the bling bling, that he may not evolve until he reaches level 50, that's right, 50. This dude is so cool & so strong, the he may never be the lowest leveled member on the team! Oh no, here the cops! I gotta run!!!

Recap:

• Take a male Meowth & name it 50 Cent.
  • Must know & keep Pay Day & Swagger.
  • May not evolve until it reaches Level 50.
  • May never be the lowest leveled member on the team.
Have fun.
For Leade's Sister:
Its_A_Random said:
Leade's Sister, take the Castform you get from the Weather Institute.

You must then go to the name rater & give it a nickname (The Institute gives you an unicknamed one), either Sun, Rain, or Hail.

If you name it Sun, It must know & keep Sunny Day, Ember/Fire Blast, Weather Ball & a move of your choice. It must use Sunny Day when the weather isn't Sun.
If you name it Rain, It must know & keep Rain Dance, Water Gun/Thunder, Weather Ball & a move of your choice. It must use Rain Dance when the weather isn't Rain.
If you name it Hail, It must know & keep Hail, Powder Snow/Blizzard, Weather Ball & a move of your choice. It must use Hail when the weather isn't Hail.

Have fun.
Good Luck to the both of you.

Ah, ok. I thought you didn't get it because in you team summary post it's spelled "AORsON" with no "!". I'm a guy that pays a LOT of attention to detail (hence why I somtimes get ninja'd 2 posts of somthing while typing a 4 line challenge. Actually I think I'm just a slow typer...)
Is it Aim fOR the hOrN!?

oh sorry, i didnt realize.

@Its_Random, wow those are great. im totally jealous of my sister though. i reaaaally like your castform challenge :(

Is it Aim fOR the hOrN?
*appause* DING DING DING, Correct! I guess the "Pikachu made a horny move" bit gave it away. Now that I look at them, my first two hints were as reliable as the first hint you get in EVERY BLOODY PUZZLE in "Professor Layton and the Lost/Unwound Future" (where your like "wow this is a really hard puzzle, I think i'll use a well earned hint coin" only to relise that the hint is "Use the Memo Function". Thanks Captain Obvious!)

So yeah, its Aim fOR the hOrN! Hope you enjoy your extra challenges...

(God, if this thing becomes LVP I'm gonna feel realy guilty. Damn you Professor Layton and your hint idea! Lucky for you the end of "The Lost Future" nearly made me cry... oh wait, DAMNIT!)

*appause* DING DING DING, Correct! I guess the "Pikachu made a horny move" bit gave it away. Now that I look at them, my first two hints were as reliable as the first hint you get in EVERY BLOODY PUZZLE in "Professor Layton and the Lost/Unwound Future" (where your like "wow this is a really hard puzzle, I think i'll use a well earned hint coin" only to relise that the hint is "Use the Memo Function". Thanks Captain Obvious!)

So yeah, its Aim fOR the hOrN! Hope you enjoy your extra challenges...
Son of a bitch. I thought about that towards the beginning but I guess i wasn't thinking outside the box cause I was thinking each letter was one word. -.-

EDIT: Also want to point out that Aim for the horn! isn't really what is said in the anime. Haha.

Son of a bitch. I thought about that towards the beginning but I guess i wasn't thinking outside the box cause I was thinking each letter was one word. -.-
Lesson for today kiddies: Bulbapeadia and lots of patience are your best friend :D.

Have a Nice Day.

Lesson for today kiddies: Bulbapeadia and lots of patience are your best friend :D.

Have a Nice Day.
I called it from the beginning :p. Also sorry you guys haven't seen much of me recently in this thread. Just wanted to say it's all love for the scramble vets, and I still visit this thread to see the status of scrambles almost every day.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
@leade, your starter is a bulbasaur. In order to evolve, it must either kill 30 pokemon with only leech seed damage or must use a moveset of Leech seed, Sleep powder, growth and vine whip until you solo your rival 3 times. Upon doing so, it can learn any attacking move it wants in lue of growth. It must be the 2nd highest leveled pokemon in your party ASAP. (This applies to both conditions) I give naming rights to whoever gives you a challenge next.

Edit: For leade's sister, You get a tailow. It's name is DUX and it can only learn moves learnt by RBY Farfetch'd. (Agility, Double Team, Peck, Rage, Rest, Substitute, Toxic, Whirlwind) To evolve it must solo Watson and at least 1 pokemon of all the trainers in his gym. Once DUX solo's Winona, it realizes that it isn't a Farfetch'd and no longer has any movepool restrictions. It must be the highest member in your party until it solos Winona.

Leade, take a Diglett. Your Diglett does not like you at all, and refuses to participate in Gym battles! Consequently, you must earn its trust by never letting it faint, always healing its health by items (PP can be restored in Pokemon Centers, provided it has full health) and feeding it vitamins. You must solo two floors of the Rock Tunnel with it, and cannot do anything in Lavender until you feed it one each of the EV raising items. Then, you must get the Return TM and teach it to Diglett ASAP. If Diglett can solo your rival's starter and his Gyarados/Pidgeotto in Lavender only by using Return, can Diglett participate in Gym battles. To evolve, it must solo either Erika's gym (except Erika) or the entire TR base in Celadon. It also must solo 5 Gym Leader main Pokemon/E4 Pokemon only with Return.

Leade's sister gets a Sableye. Sableye wishes it had Mischievous Heart as its ability and must have three non-attacking moves. Only if it can solo five Gym Leader Pokemon with non-attacking moves, it can learn one offensive move replacing one non-attacking move. Nickname it Annoyer.

Also, I'm going to do a HG challenge, as my Platinum one is almost over (going to post updates soon). The rules for the challenge are:
-Don't give nothing impossible, or Pokemon that are totally worthless
-Don't give many late game Pokemon, because HG's wild Pokemon levels really suck
-Banned list of Pokemon: Chikorita, Ledyba, Spinarak, Pokewalker exclusives, Hoot-hoot, Sentret, Bug-types that aren't called Scyther, Heracross or Pinsir, Unown, Ditto, Sunflora, Smeargle, Farfetch'd, Togepi (<-- Togetic sucks real hard in my current Platinum Scramble)
-No MEPs
-I've never used a Gyarados or Tyranitar in-game, so if I got at least one of them, it would be great.
-No drudgery
-Creativity is important, but make the game fun
-No "No good moves" challenge
-I reserve the right to reject a challenge
-Whoever gives me my starter gets to name my player character, while the person giving me the next available Pokemon names my rival.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Qweertyuiop, you get a Wooper. It cannot use physical attacks. If you complete one of the following challenges (depending on what hidden power you get) The ban is lifted.

Grass: Wooper must solo Erika and at least one pokemon of all of her trainers.
Ice/Water: Quagsire/Wooper cannot use Stab moves until KO'ing a wild Larvitar.
Fire/Steel:Wooper must KO every electric type pokemon you battle until you reach Ecruteak city.
Electric/Dark: Wooper hates Doryuuzu more than most people on Smogon, so it must use rain dance whenever it is sent into battle, as a precaution.
Ghost/Phychic: Wooper must solo Clair without using an ice type attack.
Flying/Poison/Bug: Your Wooper must allow itself to be KO'd while facing a Magikarp (Hint: he doesn't have to die from the Magikarp)
Dragon/Fighting: You must always solo your rival's grass, fire, and water type, unless it conflicts with another challenge.
Ground/Rock: Wooper must always be sent out in double battles and must solo both opposing trainers. Also, while in a double battle with a partner, you must kill your partner's pokemon.

Have Fun! Your rival's name is Flaurence.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Reserved for Qwertyuiop. You will get a Gyarados from me.

EDIT: You get the Red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage & name it Rage. This isn't any Gyarados, but this is Gym Leader Clair's Gyarados. It must know & keep Clair's Gyarados' Moveset (The Fighting Dojo one), which consists of Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake, & Dragon Pulse. Get this moveset before the E4. Have it solo 5 Pokemon in the Pokemon League, 10 Kanto Gym Leader Pokemon, & ultimately, 2 of Red's Pokemon.

Have fun.

Qweertyuiop, you get a Wooper. It cannot use physical attacks. If you complete one of the following challenges (depending on what hidden power you get) The ban is lifted.

Grass: Wooper must solo Erika and at least one pokemon of all of her trainers.
Ice/Water: Quagsire/Wooper cannot use Stab moves until KO'ing a wild Larvitar.
Fire/Steel:Wooper must KO every electric type pokemon you battle until you reach Sandgem town.
Electric/Dark: Wooper hates Doryuuzu more than most people on Smogon, so it must use rain dance whenever it is sent into battle, as a precaution.
Ghost/Phychic: Wooper must solo Clair without using an ice type attack.
Flying/Poison/Bug: Your Wooper must allow itself to be KO'd while facing a Magikarp (Hint: he doesn't have to die from the Magikarp)
Dragon/Fighting: You must always solo your rival's grass, fire, and water type, unless it conflicts with another challenge.
Ground/Rock: Wooper must always be sent out in double battles and must solo both opposing trainers. Also, while in a double battle with a partner, you must kill your partner's pokemon.

Have Fun! Your rival's name is Flaurence.
No Sandgem Town in HG, its in Sinnoh. Also, I get the HP TM at the Lake of Rage, so it won't be possible for me to always solo Rival's grass/fire/water type.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but try to keep type overlap to a minimum. That means no more water types.

Reserve for Qwertyuiop.

EDIT: Stuff the starter.

You get "Incnsstent" the Rattata. This Rattata not only thinks he/she's a Bidoof, he thinks he has Inconsistent as his ability. Therefor, he must learn and keep Protect, Substitute and Status/Stat-Up move ASAP. The last move must be a STAB move. To evolve, "Incnsstent" must solo any Gym Leader throught the (insert Status)-Protect/Sub Stall method. After he evolves, the last move in his movepool can be anything you like. That is all.

Good Luck, Have Fun, blah, blah, blah.

EDIT2:
EDIT: Also want to point out that Aim for the horn! isn't really what is said in the anime. Haha.
Well... It WAS intended to be an Anime reference, but I guess I wasn't thinking when I said it was a quote... Oh well, sorry if that confused you.

I called it from the beginning :p. Also sorry you guys haven't seen much of me recently in this thread. Just wanted to say it's all love for the scramble vets, and I still visit this thread to see the status of scrambles almost every day.
Haha I knew somebody would. Also welcome back doom... again. That was actually supposed to be in my 100 post Props and Slops section:

Slops:
  • doomvendingmachine, for being missing from the thread... again.
I don't blame you though, Smogon can be time consuming if you let it.
/looks at Chocolate_kipp/

Dont worry, fixed. I relised (as in, searched bulbapeadia for it) Toxic the TM is from the Battle Frounteir, and I dont think you'll want a Rattata for that long Xp.
PP war, awesome. :P Also, Iggdrasil, you get to name my rival, because Rattata is available earlier than Wooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)