Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, throwin' down a challenge:

3v3 Singles
DQ - 3 Days
Recovery - 2 Recovers/4 Chills per Pokemon

Arena - Realgam Tower Stadium

Same as it appears in Pokemon XD/Colosseum. This arena provides ample space for battles of any magnitude. The ground is made of a supple clay, allowing for the use of Dig. The Colosseum is also open to the air, so weather moves are permitted. The trainers are playing for a crowd, and rowdy audience members could very well throw things to distract the Pokemon/their trainers.
ill give ya a go Ducklett

No items
All abilities
Switch = KO
We got forced to the last page, but me and Gingjaninja are still lookin for a ref.

Need someon else to battle with.

3v3 singles
DQ-3 Days
Recovery- 2 recover/5 Chill
Arena - Abandoned mine with weak, flickering light bulbs. There is also rusted mining equipment that will collapse if damaged too much. Hitting the light bulbs will shatter them and shround the entire mine in total darkness. The ground is soft enough to Dig through, and there is water dripping all around. Weather is a non-factor for obvious reasons.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recovery moves & 5 Chills per Pokemon

Arena: Port Town

Based on the Super Smash Bros Brawl arena on the same name, which itself, was inspired by a F-Zero racetrack. The arena itself is a floating platform that is rather narrow: Registering at a measly 3 metres wide (~10 feet for the Americans) & 10 metres long (~33'4" for the Americans). The surface is effectively metal/glass, so the surface isn't diggable. On odd number rounds, this platform is on the ground/racetrack leaving the Pokemon vulnerable to the stage's hazard, which I'll go into later, while on even numbered rounds, this platform is not on the ground & is moving to another part of the racetrack, hazards don't take effect on these rounds, & an invisible barrier is active so Pokemon don't fall off the platform.
F-Zero Cars.
What they do: Like the stage on Super Smash Bros Brawl, there will be F-Zero cars active on the stage. If they hit your Pokemon, your Pokemon will take a flat 20 damage (30 if the Pokemon either chooses to chill or has lees than 30 energy) & their action for that particular action will not take effect. The only way to avoid this is to use a command on the exact action this happens called "Avoid the oncoming traffic!" If you do make the command & the cars don't come, your Pokemon does nothing for that action. To make things harder, you cannot sub/add "Avoid the oncoming traffic!" if the F-Zero Cars come if the F-Zero Cars come, just to make things a bit harder & more of a lottery. It just so happens that when you start your battle, the F-Zero Cars start their race, where the arena starts stationary just after the starting line with the cars on the other side of the line...

When will they appear: This hazard only takes effect on odd-numbered rounds by chance, however, they are guaranteed to appear on the first round.
On the first Round: The referee rolls a number between 1 & 3 using a Random Number Generator. The number that appears will correspond to the action number on that round that they take effect.
On odd-numbered rounds from Round 3 onwards: Referee rolls a number between 1 & 5 using RNG. If a 1 comes up, the F-Zero cars take effect. This will only take effect once per round. On Round 11, 21 & 31, the RNG roll maximum reduces by 1, eventually resulting in a 1 in 2 chance of said cars appearing in a round, due to the fact that as a race wears on, the field typically branches out.
On even-numbered rounds: These cars will not appear at all.

Sorry for the long explanation (The hazard in particular), but it's all relevant. All in all, this is a simple arena with a complex hazard. Prediction & Luck with the hazard is critical to victory here.

Anyone wish to battle?
accepting

switch = OK
no items
all abilities
This is what I get for making an arena too complex...Anyone wishing to ref? I can help you out if you have troubles concerning the arena. I'll abort this in 16 hours if we don't get a ref if it is okay with Little Battler.

Seeking challenger for my first match! :]

3v3 singles
DQ-4 Days
Arena: Open wasteland. Field is strewn with loose boulders and gravel. A small pool about 6x6 feet lies in the center of the map.Open air,etc.

Looking for a battle to fill my last slot.

Singles
3vs3
2 day DQ
2 Recover / 5 Chills

Arena: Mt. Moon
Inside a cave in Mt. Moon. It's dim, but light from the moon beams in through a hole in the ceiling. The hole is on the West side of the room and a group of Clefairy dance in the moonlight. At the end of even numbered rounds one of the Clefairy will use Metronome on one of the battlers. If a Pokémon uses Earthquake there is a 40% chance of a stalactite falling from the ceiling and hitting them.

Restrictions: No water. No Dig.
^I'll accept this one for my first battle...

Switch = OK
All abilities
Items disabled
We still need a ref. I've been meaning to go through the ref thread to see who needed a battle to ref. If you agree, hoblaph, we can change this to 2v2 or 1v1 to make it more attractive than 3v3.

Edit: hoblaph agreed to change it to a 2v2 if that influences anyone's decision as to whether they want to ref or not.

We still need a ref. I've been meaning to go through the ref thread to see who needed a battle to ref. If you agree, hoblaph, we can change this to 2v2 or 1v1 to make it more attractive than 3v3.

Edit: hoblaph agreed to change it to a 2v2 if that influences anyone's decision as to whether they want to ref or not.
I'll ref

PM me your teams

Seeking challenger for my first match! :]

3v3 singles
DQ-4 Days
Arena: Open wasteland. Field is strewn with loose boulders and gravel. A small pool about 6x6 feet lies in the center of the map.Open air,etc.
I'll battle

Switch = kos
item=yes
all abilities

Bumpity Bump

Let's experiment with a new concept for battling (introduced in 5th gen)

3v3 Triple Rotation Battle:

Land: A plain field with 2 turn tables on each side. All 3 pokemon you and I shall use are set on the wheel. In game, you have the option of rotating the pokemon before you attack, so we shall do this:
-We can rotate only during the beginning of the round (before pokemon actions)
-You can decide whether actions are to be private or not, since we'd basically counter each pokemon with one of our own. It's up to you. (This is to be included in your option choice).
-At the end of the round, our pokemon returns to the turn table.

Example turn:
"Ok Bulbasaur, take a rest. Charmander go use Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, and Dig on the foe's next pokemon"
"In that case, Squirtle, get back out there and use Hydro Pump, Skull Bash, and Surf"

3 day DQ
2 uses of recovery. No chills for attacking pokemon. Pokemon not used get 1 chill during the round.
You know something, Finn Ragetti? I'm feeling ballsy. BRING IT ON!

Switch = Irrelevant, it's Rotation...
All Abilities
No Items.
Actions = Visible, so that we can use it as an example for others.
Finn Ragetti (challenger) and I (acceptor) STILL need a ref! ARE NONE OF YOU MAN ENOUGH TO EXPERIMENT!

I'll ref your rotation battle if you're okay with a first timer doing it. One clarification: every round, the four Pokémon that didn't attack automatically get a chill?

And one more thing, do spread attacks hit the other two Pokémon?

PM me your teams if you are ok with me doing it.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
24 hours have been & no ref, so by mutual agreement, my battle against Little Battler has been dropped, due to no one been brave enough to ref on a complex arena... :(

So I'll issue another challenge, open to anyone.

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ time
Arena: It's a simple arena this time around. It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.

Anyone up for a fight?

Okay, assuming that I can take on a 3v3 challenge with only 2 Pokemon (I can't find it in the rules anywhere..), I retract my previous challenge and take on Its A Random's challenge.

24 hours have been & no ref, so by mutual agreement, my battle against Little Battler has been dropped, due to no one been brave enough to ref on a complex arena... :(

So I'll issue another challenge, open to anyone.

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ time
Arena: It's a simple arena this time around. It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.

Anyone up for a fight?
Switch = KO
Items = No
All Abilities

I guess we need a ref now, huh?

I'll ref Hunt vs. Nyx.

PM me your teams.

Nyx went with

Switch = KO!
Items Disabled
One Ability

So tell me which ability you want each of your mons to have in your PM, hunt.

1v1
Singles
3 day DQ time
No recovery moves, 5 chills.
Just plain grass with some hills.
Ice-Eyes is going to challenge me, so if anyone else challenges me I will hurt them.

I want to try battling with water!

2v2 single battle
DQ: 3 days
1 Recovery move/5 chills max

Arena: Lazy Hazy Lake
This lake is a peaceful place with a soothing atmosphere. The warm waters and humid conditions make it a perfect place for Water-type Pokémon to relax. There always seems to be a mysterious mist hanging low over the lake, adding to that relaxing feel. Pontoons have been set up on the water to make the place battle-worthy, but there's a problem. There are also wild Water-type Pokémon relaxing here, floating gently in the water. Because of the low-lying haze, it's impossible to tell which pontoon-like things are actual pontoons, and which are wild Pokémon. Any wild Pokémon disturbed in any way will get mad, and attack the offender harshly to see how they like being disturbed.
How many of the "pontoons" are actually wild Pokémon, you ask? Oh, it varies. 20%? 50%? Who can say on any given day?
Treat this lake like an infinte expanse of water - there's no land to speak of apart from the pontoons.
I'll do this.
I'd still like a ref for this, please (even if -Charmander- didn't specify the items, abilities or switch rules).

In the meantime, I'll issue another open challenge:

1v1 single battle
DQ: 3 days
No recovery moves/3 chills max

Arena: Seabreak Path

The mystical path leading to the Flower Paradise. It stretches on as far as the eye can see. Pokémon may use the ocean to battle, too. The path is about 1.5m (5 feet) above sea level.

EDIT: Never mind, I'd better just withdraw until I have the time to do this.

EDIT AGAIN: Maybe I will.... :D

I would like to accept this, however, know that I likely won't be able to start until later tonight or more likely tomorrow. If you'd rather get started right away then I'd better pass. What say you?
I will gladly accept your challenge! You'll need to tell me whether or not you want items on, and whether you want no abilities, one ability or all abilities, though.

Yes, quite, I just wanted to check how important the time factor was with you. :3

Switch = EDIT: wait... what...? 1v1, nvm.
Ability = Just one!
Items = Screw that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)