CAP 12 CAP 1 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gearing up towards final submission, just.. having a bit of trouble deciding which of these to go with:

I feel the first one personifies the notion of fighting/flying much better, but it doesn't scream "special attacker" which is what the stat spread indicates. Some of the potential abilities would suit the robin hood-like design better too.

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gearing up towards final submission, just.. having a bit of trouble deciding which of these to go with:
I think your Robin Hood design is 100% genius. Just afraid some people might not think it looks defensive enough, I guess. But for Special Attack, the potential abilities, and the typing I think it's great. Such a clever design.

Paras HIlton: I love both damn. Personally speaking I would vote for Robin Hood anyday. Not only is it super creative, but I get this image in my head of it like, launching attacks off of a bow thing or something and it's so cool and I love it and I reallllly really like it.

I too have two potential designs, not as good as yours but it is what it is I guess lol.
Marooster and Elephantial
http://www.iaza.com/work/110318C/iaza15029378045400.jpg

..they really look like crap compared to Paras' BUT IT DOESNT MATTER.
Marooster, as many others, based off Roosters' and cockfighting, Elephantial based off of Dumbo the magnificent flying elephant.
Any C&C would be great guys haha.

Gearing up towards final submission, just.. having a bit of trouble deciding which of these to go with.
It looks like I'm alone in thinking this, but I much prefer the first design. Easily my favourite one in this thread so far. We've had plenty of CAPs which don't scream out their respective stat biases so far, so hopefully you won't let that influence your decision =P

Precipice

Thats bull.
is an Artist Alumnus
A frthr coloured WIP of my entry- Hurricrane.

Image- 536 x 638 pixes

[From the OP: No post can contain more than 800x800 pixels of included art, and no single picture can be larger than 640 pixels on either axis.]

Sorry Doug....Again -.- Didn't read all the rules, just saw 800 and put it at that ^^;

I hope it's pretty obvious that this thing is based off of a crane, my first few sketches depicted it a lot thinner but then I realised it was supposed to be a bulky pokemon. So then I ended up fillin it out a bit and it took a more flamingoey/ostrich shape. The colour scheme I got from Japan- not only is it the place where pokemon was created it's also the birthplace of many martial arts, so it seemed quite fitting.
I toned down the reds slightly as they seemed a bit too harsh at first, but then I got stuck on the head for a long time, tryin to construct many elaborate headresses somehow related to fighting as the bird element seemed to portray flying enough. Eventually I got the idea of the straw hat after I saw the crane in Kung-fu Panda, I think it fits quite well- but could it use a string?
The patterns on the body are supposed to symbolise flying and fighting, you can (hopefully) look and see the feather pattern on the wing as well as the ying-yang symbol on the neck.

I'm open to any suggestions on the design or colour scheme, does this need some supporting art to go with it?

Whoa!
Today seems to be bringing really good additions to the submissions thread.
I really like the crane, I was surprised that the idea of it hadn't been touched by that many people but I'm glad you decided to go the route of the crane.
I think the colors are fine, if they were muted any it would take away from it altogether.
All in all I think it's a very solid design and I really hope that you stick with it!

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
DJD: I didn't think it was that great at first, but I'm starting to fall in love with your design, DJD! It fits the stats and possible abilities so well! But would you please color in the mask? I don't care what color it is, but a white mask feels just so wrong to me. =S
Paras Hilton: Robin Hood one, definitely.

Man, there're so many good designs...

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
http://sadpanda.us/images/400905-J03ZAMM.png

I feel the first one personifies the notion of fighting/flying much better, but it doesn't scream "special attacker" which is what the stat spread indicates. Some of the potential abilities would suit the robin hood-like design better too.
I'm a bit annoyed that I was ninja'd on the idea of a cute but deadly fuzz ball (I wasn't think of it at the time I made mine, honest) However, second one screams Grass/Flying or Grass/Fighting to me. I'd go with the first one but my sister (passed by, don't ask) would go with the second one.

I think your Robin Hood design is 100% genius. Just afraid some people might not think it looks defensive enough, I guess. But for Special Attack, the potential abilities, and the typing I think it's great. Such a clever design.
Agreed. I'd say the Robin Hood one-besides, the Flying half is easily covered by the fact that can literally become an arrow in flight.

Ok guys and gals, this is it! The final showdown of colors. Just kidding, not really that epic but here are the two different versions bigger and side by side:
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/RedVSGreen-1.png?t=1300407612
And here they are separate but bigger:
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/BamboomYinYangredPNG-1.png?t=1300407671
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/BamboomYinYanggreenPNG.png?t=1300403711
That's all I got! Which is better?

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/YinYangSeasonsPNG-1.png?t=1300403989
This is the pattern the seasons go in on Pandas belly. No season is represented by a single picture, but by the change from one to the next. During spring, the dead plants come to life, during the summer, the snow melts, during the fall, the plants die, and during winter the sun is replaced by snow!

On another note,
Paras Hilton: Definately Robin Hood one!

E: Good catch Darkchicken, Fixed eye shading.

Hot damn, Sentret, the Panda is amazing. The spring version seems... softer, but not bad at all. Both are really great. I'd probably prefer it without the bamboo, but that definitely won't change my vote.
Also, I just noticed that you have some more lighting on the green/white one than on the red/yellow one (mostly on the eye-patches, ears). I don't know if that was intentional, but if not I think you should lighten up the red/yellow one more.

Paras, I love both but I think Robin Hood has a better chance of winning, so I would go with that.

I've seen some really great work from a lot of people!

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack

I got good art of my entry scaned and I think the only other entry that looks like this one (I honestly wasn't thinking of it this I made this one I was drawing this one) might not be entered. Anyway, this is made to look like a bat/bird hybrid that uses it's wings as blades.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@magic.: I mean this in the most polite and respectful way possible, so please don't misunderstand this as criticism, it's an honest question--why is your rooster wearing a bikini?

I think we all know which color scheme I support, Sentret. I just hope everyone else can see what is clearly in front of their eyes! Also, based on the way PO handles Sawsbuck's alternate forms I can't see why Bamboom couldn't have alternate forms as long as the spriters were willing to do the extra heavy lifting.

@Paras: Every CAP entry I've ever seen you do ooze character from their every orifice. I have no idea how you're not doing concept art for Nickelodeon or something. Definitely go with Robin Hood. Can't wait to see the finished product.

First off, I am not a huge fan of DJD's plane design. I really like Paras's Robin Hood, as it embodies the Flying/Fighting specially based Pokemon that we are creating. I'd like to see a little bulkiness involved in the design, though, but I'm not sure what would accomplish this. Further, I love the design as it is, so this is a tricky one—don't get me wrong, if we had to vote right now I'd pick Robin Hood easily.Sentrat's design, along with Paras's, embody the Intimidate aspect really well along with the Poison Heal ability that it will very likely gain in the next vote.

I would like to give my support for Sentret. Seeing a Kungfu Master Panda zooming through the clouds is just pure win, not to mention that I feel that it fits the stat spread quite nicely. I do agree that the bamboo on the spring forme could be removed. If not, is it possible that the other three formes also have something on their heads?

About the dead leaves color, I live in the tropics so we don't really have autumn leaves, but are they really that red? I thought they were more of golden orange/brown.

(Also, I can't wait to see all the formes side by side, so that i can see clearly whch one would be my favorite.)

Paras Hilton: DEFINITELY go with the Robin Hoodmon.

Sentret: Frankly, the overall design itself is good enough to where I really wouldn't give a shit about a few bamboo shoots on the head or a lack thereof. In which case, I don't really care which one you go with, because it's still cool regardless.

Sentret, use the green one. It looks more like a panda, and the other colors just seem out of place. I'm loving the seasonal motif though.

Yours is easily my favorite design. It fits the stats, the typing, and the newly chosen ability too. Who wouldn't be intimidated by a flying grandmaster could-panda?

Also, it looks 100% like a pokemon. Without a doubt.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
About the dead leaves color, I live in the tropics so we don't really have autumn leaves, but are they really that red? I thought they were more of golden orange/brown.
Yeah, they can. Leaves will change to all different colors, from light yellows to browns to dark reds. It all depends on the tree and pigments and stuff, though the brown usually comes after they have been dead for a while.

By the way, I love the Panda more and more each time. It is really pretty awesome.

SoIheardYouLikeSENTRET said:
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/RedVSGreensmall-1.png?t=1300407373
I like the green one, but not with the bamboo stalks out of his head. I say go with the green coloring, but no bamboo, and it'd be a huge step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)