Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Just have to say that personally, this has been the greatest and most immersive game I've ever played (albeit, I haven't played many games...I'm more of a Pokemon player than anything else). For the most part, the storyline differs from Pokemon's cliche'd 'Evil Corporation Trying To Take Over The World By Brute Force', and it actually makes sense that the Policemen you see are doing nothing about Team Plasma's dubious activities this time round. The character of Ghetsis is, although a stereotype, a very underused stereotype and one that still sends shivers down my spine. N is just awesome, the ending makes me (nearly) cry. All in all, this game deserves every single kudos it can get.

Onto my playthrough.

I bought both Black and White, and I've finished Black just about (FUCKING MUSICALS NOT BEING AS GOOD AS CONTESTS), so I've started my White playthrough. I destroyed the Elite Four in Black with a team of
Scrafty (51)
Samurott (49)
Darmanitan (48)
Excadrill (50)
Haxorus (50)
Seriously, those four raep. In White, I've just beaten the Fifth Gym and have a team that consists of
Pignite (32)
Duosion (33 AND BOLD WITH MAGIC GUARD)
Conkeldurr (31)
Ferroseed (30)
Deino (38 [I traded it from my Black...I just wanted a little Zweilous for the E4. I caught a Naive, and I just had to use it]).

The only criticism I have for the game is that it's a little too easy. It doesn't detract from the fun at all, but the hardest Gym for me was like the easiest Gym in Platinum. But it's only a little thing...
Also, I got a Shiny Pawniard on my first runthrough of Black! Too bad I couldn't use it (fucking Modest), but still...

alriiight caught a terakion with 29 ivs in attack and speed, the other ivs are useless but i compared them and its as bulky as a perfect venasaur and more specially bulky than a latios in sand so i'm pretty happy. time to ev train then beat that n whore

370 HP, 370 Atk, 240 Def, and 220 Special Defense is hands down the best spread ever
I can hit those numbers with mine and I still have 38 EVs left. Guess i'll throw them into HP because that seems kind of low, doesn't it? I'll take your word that it's the best spread because I was always running the mindless 252hp/252spdef careful on PO, but now that I hatched a killer adamant one, i'm in the dark. Thanks for the tip!

Still RNGing Cobalion. I've hit my seed four times now, and my synchroniser has never worked; so I've ended up seeing Rash, Sassy, Adamant and Bold Cobalions. This would be a lot easier if my delay wasn't over seven minutes long...

I'm utterly hating nidorans now. I'm trying to breed a modest hustle male nidoran with decent IV's and it's HELL!

50% chance on a male
50% chance on modest
50% chance on hustle
And after that lovely game of chance, it has to select speed as an IV to pass on (sp.att is power item'd).

I'm personally responsible for any outbreaks of nidoran -.-'

Ok, beat the league, this was my team
Samurott lv50, hasty
Scrafty lv50, bashful
Archeops lv 50, jolly
Haxorus lv49, naughty
Galvantula lv 48, docile
Victini lv 48, docile

Right now I'm exploring the Dreamyard

WTF happens post E4. I fought a trainer who had all pokes of lvl 63. Spoken of a level-jump.. Anyway, I like the ending of the story, great daily events, decent postgame structure. Only problem, I just can't ride that bike fluently. Anyone else has that problem too?

WTF happens post E4. I fought a trainer who had all pokes of lvl 63. Spoken of a level-jump.. Anyway, I like the ending of the story, great daily events, decent postgame structure. Only problem, I just can't ride that bike fluently. Anyone else has that problem too?
I hate riding the bike in this game. i prefer having more control and just running around Routes. Only time I bike is to hatch eggs.

I hate riding the bike in this game. i prefer having more control and just running around Routes. Only time I bike is to hatch eggs.
Didn't start at breeding yet, but I prefer the running shoes.
Actually, the level jump isn't too bad. Being able to catch lvl 60 pokes in Thick Grass gives my team a boost

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, a lot of the trainers use NFE or otherwise bad Pokémon, so you can usually handle them despite the higher level. Then I ran into that trainer with a Lapras...

Also, a lot of the trainers use NFE or otherwise bad Pokémon, so you can usually handle them despite the higher level. Then I ran into that trainer with a Lapras...
I literally almost got completely wiped out by a trainer in challenger's cave with a team of gyarados, snorlax, and 4 other pretty powerful people I can't remember at the moment all at level 65 or so. I had to spam max revives and full restores just to stagger away from the guy all because I decided to go get the tm for stone edge...

I literally almost got completely wiped out by a trainer in challenger's cave with a team of gyarados, snorlax, and 4 other pretty powerful people I can't remember at the moment all at level 65 or so. I had to spam max revives and full restores just to stagger away from the guy all because I decided to go get the tm for stone edge...
I remember fighting that one too. Probably the best trainer that isn't a rival/champion/E4 member/Cynthia/ etc.

Made it to the 8th gym now. Whipped the Ice gym's ass without breaking a sweat mostly due the fire bamboo. Used it's pre-evo form which was at level 31 and came back out with a level 39/40 Darmanitan and a badge. Right now I'm thinking of either going back and RNG on that damn Victini or go try it on Cobalion. Either way RNG is a major pain in the ass to do.

BTW, what levels were you guys at when you fought Iris/Drayen?

Nickname: Peach Jam
Nature: Timid
Level: 41

Nickname: Majestic
Nature: Adamant
Level: 43

Nickname: Aztec
Level: 40

Nickname: Briefs
Nature: Adamant
Level: 43

Nickname: Yamame
Level: 39

Nickname: Tomoe
Nature: Jolly
Level: 38

Well crap...Caught Kyurem at 17 HP, no status, in a Dusk Ball, and it was like...Ball number 5...Gentle with a 31 Speed IV...Other IV's?

3/2/10/20/0/31...WOO! *Resets*

I'm not RNGing, by the way. I consider it cheating if I use it for MY Pokemon (Though I can EV them for others, I generally avoid clones and the like. I want this guy to be one of a kind!)

I like the avatar, Ryu. My friend actually started the handsome face meme. I didn't realize it had spread farther than the couple of forums he uses.

C-Gear seeds are easy to find without AR (I managed it in about ten minutes); non-C-Gear seeds aren't supported for English carts yet.
I reread it again. I was thinking that you needed to know both seeds. I have ne'er RNG'd. Is it easy to learn? What's a good stationary legend to try on?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I reread it again. I was thinking that you needed to know both seeds. I have ne'er RNG'd. Is it easy to learn? What's a good stationary legend to try on?
Once you figure out the general idea of how it works, it's pretty easy, though it's a lot of trial and error no matter how good you get. I managed to hit my target seed for the first time about 15 minutes after I started calibrating.

The best legend to calibrate on is either Volcarona or Kyurem, because it's easier to get accurate IVs, but you obviously can't use those if you want to RNG the version mascot (unless you want to catch 720 Pokémon, which is bound to take longer than calibrating on a lower level target). I did it on Cobalion, which wasn't too difficult combined with the Hidden Power checker in Mistralton.

Just beat the 2nd gym leader with a team of
Herdier
Blitzle
Drilbur
Dewoot
Cottonee
Musharana

I need a fire type and managed to catch a Rash Darumaka and I was looking for input on who I should kick out of the team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)