5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to get a standard seed shiny shaking grass/cave spot pokemon, I know how to hit seeds and all the basics, except for how to go about bringing about the shaking spot. What am I suppose to do?

I'm trying to get a standard seed shiny shaking grass/cave spot pokemon, I know how to hit seeds and all the basics, except for how to go about bringing about the shaking spot. What am I suppose to do?
You pray.

If you want just IV non-shiny, then get a high frame so you walk about 500+ steps, meaning you should get the shake spot. Otherwise re-try

Only way to abuse PID/shiny, you have to walk exactly the same way everytime and find out what your starting frame is when you interact with it. Then you can advance from there. This is pretty much impossible on a place with wandering NPCs though.

You pray.

If you want just IV non-shiny, then get a high frame so you walk about 500+ steps, meaning you should get the shake spot. Otherwise re-try

Only way to abuse PID/shiny, you have to walk exactly the same way everytime and find out what your starting frame is when you interact with it. Then you can advance from there. This is pretty much impossible on a place with wandering NPCs though.
Ok thanks for the help, I guess I'll just stick to wild pokemon.

Ok thanks for the help, I guess I'll just stick to wild pokemon.
The easiest way to get those shaky spot pokemon shiny is to breed them (same with anything really). Only downside is you can't get it in any other ball except pokeball, if you care about that. And its description will be an egg.

I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm C-Gear abusing a HP Electric Frillish and it seems I'm having no luck getting it due to being off a second.

What I mean is my time is 21:44:59 and I keep hitting 21:44:58. I hit the right delays but not the right second. What do I do?

RNGReporter had to get closed down, and when I opened it back up, now it won't come up with any seeds, even the ones that it had before. I have the same parameters and options set up.

Hm, I seem to be having some trouble.

I am attempting to RNG abuse a jolly terrakion 31/31/31/10/31/31. The seed is 31EO23DCBF255FB0. The desired IVs are on frame 6. The date would be 5/08/11, and my target time is 16:51:21, and L is my only keypress. The MAC address on my DS is 001B7A5C27AA.

Now, yesterday, I managed to hit my seed 5 times, but today, I can't hit it at all. I wasn't even hitting other seeds I had hit accidentally yesterday. Everything seems completely different. Additionally, RNG reporter tells me the initial PID frame thing for my seed is 47. However, I got a quiet nature 4 times in a row after hitting my seed yesterday. The first quiet nature that shows up is on frame 68. Does this mean the terrakion is actually on frame 68? Or by walking 128 steps, am I advancing the PID. I'm thoroughly confused, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm C-Gear abusing a HP Electric Frillish and it seems I'm having no luck getting it due to being off a second.

What I mean is my time is 21:44:59 and I keep hitting 21:44:58. I hit the right delays but not the right second. What do I do?
If you're not already using EonTimer, it is highly recommended (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81513).

If you are already using EonTimer, try manually adjusting the Calibration value so that it's one extra second of waiting for you in either the time when soft-resetting/starting the game or when you turn on the C-Gear.

If you are starting the game regularly from the main DS menu, try soft-resetting to start the game instead.

I'm trying to get a Basculin on frame 1 of this seed: B8A7BA990276B58E. I want it to be Adamant, but whenever I Sweet Scent, it never corresponds with the starting frame and advances. I'm not sure how much it's offset by, but it's certainly been by more than just a few frames.
Anything I may be missing? More info needed perhaps?

I have a question regarding the "Find Shiny Egg" function of RNG Reporter. I know that the program is solid almost all around, but I'm slightly tempted to call this error a bug.

Alright, so when I input the data for the Shiny Egg tab and whatnot, I receive frame 94 as one on which a shiny egg occurs. However, when I go back to the main screen, choose BW - International breeding, and paste the seed in, the closest frame is 50000 or so. However, when I invoked the Everstone Nature, frame 94 appeared.

My problem is that how I understand it, when the Everstone Nature is used, the frames that are not bolded are frames that occur naturally instead of Everstone frames. When I generate the Everstone frames, frame 94 appears, but it is not bolded, meaning that it is a naturally occurring frame. However, when I generate non-Everstone spreads, frame 94 never shows up. Can someone explain this paradox to me?

MAC: 0009BF12FE9B
Vers: White (Eng)
VCount: 60
VFrame: 8
GxStat: 6
Timer0 Min: C7F
Timer0 Max: C7F
TID: 26356
SID: 13436
Initial seed (one the game uses): EAB87661B0508554
Frame 94 seed: 9B193FCF36F60F7C

RNG Reporter Vers: 9.81 [BETA]

Hm, I seem to be having some trouble.

I am attempting to RNG abuse a jolly terrakion 31/31/31/10/31/31. The seed is 31EO23DCBF255FB0. The desired IVs are on frame 6. The date would be 5/08/11, and my target time is 16:51:21, and L is my only keypress. The MAC address on my DS is 001B7A5C27AA.

Now, yesterday, I managed to hit my seed 5 times, but today, I can't hit it at all. I wasn't even hitting other seeds I had hit accidentally yesterday. Everything seems completely different. Additionally, RNG reporter tells me the initial PID frame thing for my seed is 47. However, I got a quiet nature 4 times in a row after hitting my seed yesterday. The first quiet nature that shows up is on frame 68. Does this mean the terrakion is actually on frame 68? Or by walking 128 steps, am I advancing the PID. I'm thoroughly confused, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You can find Pokemon in his room, right? If so, you're advancing the PID while walking. After 128 steps, you'll probably be around the 300s or so.

Is it even possible to abuse for a shiny Thundurus on a retail cart? I'm asking before I lock myself in the cabin.
You can, granted, it's very tedious, and you might want to abuse your ID/SID for it (makes it somewhat easier).

I'm trying to get a Basculin on frame 1 of this seed: B8A7BA990276B58E. I want it to be Adamant, but whenever I Sweet Scent, it never corresponds with the starting frame and advances. I'm not sure how much it's offset by, but it's certainly been by more than just a few frames.
Anything I may be missing? More info needed perhaps?
What an idiot I am. Take this as a reminder to select "Wild Pokémon (Surfing)" in the main window.

If you're not already using EonTimer, it is highly recommended (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81513).

If you are already using EonTimer, try manually adjusting the Calibration value so that it's one extra second of waiting for you in either the time when soft-resetting/starting the game or when you turn on the C-Gear.

If you are starting the game regularly from the main DS menu, try soft-resetting to start the game instead.
I'm using an AR to check IVs though. What do I do for that? Just adjust the Calibration value? (Yes, I'm using EonTimer.)

I'm using an AR to check IVs though. What do I do for that? Just adjust the Calibration value? (Yes, I'm using EonTimer.)
Oh, in that case the AR could mess up the timing a bit but since you're getting consistent results one second off, just adjust the Calibration value.

I was able to catch a timid thundurus on seed 8fc09fc25b701bbb frame 1 31/22/30/31/31/31 with the Pid 49276372 but I cannot locate such pid on rngreporter using 8fc09fc25b701bbb. Is there any explanation beside I did not search wide enough, I did not switch to decimal or I use the wrong seed.

Hello guys,

I successfully RNG'ed Thundurus (HP Ice 70 with IV 31/30/30/31/31/31). He is a bit easy to RNG compare to Tornadus (which I am currently RNGing now)

Tornadus on the other hand. I always hit my IV frame seed (i know because its always 31/30/2/31/31/31 HP Ice 70) but the problem is his nature. Everytime I enter the game, do the same steps I do (and I mean same as in same route too but I am inside the house anyways). It seems that his nature changes everytime, I tried it three times now and I hit the IV frame but the nature is different everytime (i do not save because i am testing whether the nature really changes everytime).

Is the nature-change or PID frame change because of the rain? I saw that the rain advances 60 per second. Is it definite or different everytime? Cause I don't know where my PID frame lands :(

Any tips? Thank you to all who made the RNG reporter again :)

I was able to catch a timid thundurus on seed 8fc09fc25b701bbb frame 1 31/22/30/31/31/31 with the Pid 49276372 but I cannot locate such pid on rngreporter using 8fc09fc25b701bbb. Is there any explanation beside I did not search wide enough, I did not switch to decimal or I use the wrong seed.
convert it to hexadecimal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)