5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Nature is going to be pretty random, that is why genies take awhile. I killed my genies so im not sure if Synchronizing the nature will work but if it doesn't your only chance is the reset and hope your lucky on the nature
Only Tornadus has a random nature.. I manipulated Thundurus` nature into Timid. I knew my initial PID frame when on Thundurus but on Tornadus I can't.. Seems that he is the only one with random nature..

Any guess what's the cause??

That's exactly what happened to me... Thundurus was extremely easy to abuse and keep consistent, but Tornadus was absolute chaos.

Just stay consistent with the mashing is about the only advice I can give, but even then it's pretty hard. That's most likely your problem.
The rain that they bring always does its ~60 per second thing, so it's the same with both members.

That's exactly what happened to me... Thundurus was extremely easy to abuse and keep consistent, but Tornadus was absolute chaos.

Just stay consistent with the mashing is about the only advice I can give, but even then it's pretty hard. That's most likely your problem.
The rain that they bring always does its ~60 per second thing, so it's the same with both members.
Yeah I really think its the rain.. Damn rain.. This is why I hate rains even in real life :/

AGH. I'm now able to hit the second for the HP Electric Frillish but now I can't hit the delay. Any ways that will help me solve this? If it helps, my time is 21:44:59 and the delay is 4442. The delays I keep hitting are either very close to the seed or missed by a long shot.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I have a question regarding the "Find Shiny Egg" function of RNG Reporter. I know that the program is solid almost all around, but I'm slightly tempted to call this error a bug.

Alright, so when I input the data for the Shiny Egg tab and whatnot, I receive frame 94 as one on which a shiny egg occurs. However, when I go back to the main screen, choose BW - International breeding, and paste the seed in, the closest frame is 50000 or so. However, when I invoked the Everstone Nature, frame 94 appeared.

My problem is that how I understand it, when the Everstone Nature is used, the frames that are not bolded are frames that occur naturally instead of Everstone frames. When I generate the Everstone frames, frame 94 appears, but it is not bolded, meaning that it is a naturally occurring frame. However, when I generate non-Everstone spreads, frame 94 never shows up. Can someone explain this paradox to me?
The problem is in your assumption that using an everstone has no other effect than to influence the nature. Using or not using an everstone has a cascading effect on the whole egg frame, the result of which is that some PIDs which appear when using the stone don't appear when not using the stone (and vice-versa), and hence produce the results you describe above. Using a ditto has a similar effect.

What is the usual frame range for WonderCards? The guide says that I should look for a frame that's above 50, so I assume the usual range starts at around 50, but where does it end?

Also, in order to find the starting frame for the Secret Egg, would I just hatch the egg and check the IVs of the baby? I would assume so, but I want to make sure that it's the same process since it's an egg.

For Axew, is the Speed IV of whatever spread I get simply overwritten with 31?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There's such things as dec->hex converters...

Also you can output reporter's results to .csv, then open it in excel and ctrl-F find the PID.

Hm, so I noticed something (which I'm sure everyone who's tried has noticed):

When RNGing for Thundurus / Tornadus, I seem to consistently hit a PID that correlates with the number of times I viewed a Chatter Chatot's summary... For example:

With 0 Chatters, My Thundurus was always Bold.
With 1 Chatter, My Thundurus was always Modest.
With 2 Chatters, my Thundurus was always Lax.

I thought the rain would cause a lot of inconsistencies. Using this information, is it possible for me to determine my starting frame? Or, are these PIDs I've attained actually NOT adjacent to one another on the PIDRNG list, but separated by a variable amount of frames (depending on the seed hit)?

*note - I don't actually know the PID of each Thundurus I RNG - I just know that depending on the number of Chatters, I can always obtain the same nature for Thundurus... which, with Wild / Stationary Pokemon, was originally used to calibrate one's starting frame.

Can someone help me with RNGing on a Mac

My old laptop which was a Dell got stolen along with my DS and Black version.
I got a new laptop but this one is a mac and I can't get any programs to work on it.

I know theres two possible ways which are

1. Use the PPRNG Program
2. Use Mono to load RNG Reporter

Ok so I downloaded PPRNG but whenever I try to go into any of the main window options nothing comes up.

Then I tried the Mono way using this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7kP4y-nd3I
but I followed it exactly and it didn't work.

Can anyone help me out?

I would like some help in learning how to use rng abuse to breed shiny eggs. I'm not really interested in IV or natures at the moment, but a lot of the guides around here seem fixated upon perfect IVs and complimentary natures, and its difficult for me (as an almost total fresh starter on this) to figure out what I need for the colour and what I don't.

I would appreciate any help you guys could give me, either in directing me to particular guides or related material. Thank you/

I thought the rain would cause a lot of inconsistencies. Using this information, is it possible for me to determine my starting frame? Or, are these PIDs I've attained actually NOT adjacent to one another on the PIDRNG list, but separated by a variable amount of frames (depending on the seed hit)?
Rain does cause inconsistencies, but if you can keep your mashing consistent enough, you can find your starting frame. That's how people go about getting shiny roamers.
Great job keeping it consistent, I never could pull it off, ha.

I would like some help in learning how to use rng abuse to breed shiny eggs. I'm not really interested in IV or natures at the moment, but a lot of the guides around here seem fixated upon perfect IVs and complimentary natures, and its difficult for me (as an almost total fresh starter on this) to figure out what I need for the colour and what I don't.

I would appreciate any help you guys could give me, either in directing me to particular guides or related material. Thank you/
Most of the guides around here are for the more 'serious' players, it's perfectly understandable that a newcomer wouldn't get it.
You'd need to understand how to perform PID abuse, and that's about it when it comes to shininess only. You'd also need to know, as a general need-to-know thing, what frames are, how to advances, and how to find your starting frame. Tesseraction has a nice guide up, try reading that. (If you'd like, I could explain the whole process through VM/PM to avoid clogging the thread up.)

Is there any way to find out if a certain PID frame gives out a pokemon from swirling dust? I mean any other way than just hitting the frame yourself. I have been trying to find a shiny Drilbur/Excadrill, but each of the 10 shiny PID frames I have tried only give gems/stones/whateverelsenotpkmn. :(

EDIT: Thanks for the quick reply! :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Is there any way to find out if a certain PID frame gives out a pokemon from swirling dust? I mean any other way than just hitting the frame yourself. I have been trying to find a shiny Drilbur/Excadrill, but each of the 10 shiny PID frames I have tried only give gems/stones/whateverelsenotpkmn. :(
There is a way, coming in the next version of RNG Reporter, I'd imagine (already in PPRNG).

Meanwhile, if you put a pokemon with the compound eyes ability in the lead of your party, you have a small chance to get a Pokemon where you previously got an item (at worst you should get a different item).

There is a way, coming in the next version of RNG Reporter, I'd imagine (already in PPRNG).

Meanwhile, if you put a pokemon with the compound eyes ability in the lead of your party, you have a small chance to get a Pokemon where you previously got an item (at worst you should get a different item).
Gotta ask one more question. :D If I won't get a pokemon from a certain PID frame with Compoundeyes pokemon in the lead, I will never get a pokemon from that same PID frame with Compoundeyes pokemon, right?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Gotta ask one more question. :D If I won't get a pokemon from a certain PID frame with Compoundeyes pokemon in the lead, I will never get a pokemon from that same PID frame with Compoundeyes pokemon, right?
Correct. But you now (in theory) have your choice of two wonderful items.

I have several questions about Wild Capture RNGing, iffins ya'll don't mind.

1. First of all, I'm having trouble with the Encounter Slots function. I set my Encounter Slot to 5 to obtain a Mienfoo from Victory Road 7F, and if you look at the encounter table it shows that Mienfoo is actually encounter slot #5 across the board for Victory Road. However, when I successfully hit my seed, I get a Durant. It has the correct IVs, but wasn't it supposed to be a Mienfoo or is there something else I need to do to trigger the correct encounter slot?

2. If I walk 128 steps and advance myself to, say, Frame 4, would I still be on Frame 4 if I accidentally walked an additional step?

3. Speaking of which, does turning count as a step? I've had issues with anything above Frame 1 because I can never seem to get myself to advance properly. I have tried both with and without counting turning as a step, but it always seems to mess up and I would like to rule this out as the reason.

And one about Egg RNGing...

4. I have two flawless parents, but one is international. I read the RNG Guide on B/W breeding, but it does not cover international parents in the Time Finder window, which I think is the reason why I can never hit my IV frame when using my Jap ditto. Would I have to use the "Breeding BW (International)" setting in the main window? I have tried but it does not give me a time to enter the game for the RNG.

Thank you very much for your time and help! It is quite appreciated ^-^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)