5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I want to breed a Magnemite from Ditto + Magnemite. Ditto will be holding the Everstone. (Breeding will be done in my White Version.)

I was going to input the two parents' IVs under the "5th Gen Shiny Egg finder" tab, until I realized a technical problem. Which one is the mother / father, considering they're both genderless and Everstone no longer has to be held by a female. O_o?

I want to breed a Magnemite from Ditto + Magnemite. Ditto will be holding the Everstone. (Breeding will be done in my White Version.)

I was going to input the two parents' IVs under the "5th Gen Shiny Egg finder" tab, until I realized a technical problem. Which one is the mother / father, considering they're both genderless and Everstone no longer has to be held by a female. O_o?
In all instances where Ditto is breeding it is the Female unless its being bred with a Male.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What is the lowest possible PID frame to hit while RNGing a Roamer. Im finding spreads that are between 450-600 that Id like to hit.
they'd have to be winter seeds

I have read the best place to RNG it is by starting in the house and not out in the rain right in front of the encounter spot. I know that starting in the house and RNGing it from there will result in 600-750 roughly for the PID frame- is there a way I could lower that and still hit my shiny frame?
nope, starting inside the house is always the quickest

Also, I have heard that snow and regular rain can stack with roamer rain?
no
p3 said:
  • Roamer Information
    • Roamers have their own encounter method, and are not considered Wild Pokemon.
    • Their IVs, nature, and PID are set immediately after it flies away.
    • Rain advances the PIDRNG by ~60 per second.
    • Snow advances it much less (Around 260 frames after your initial frame)
    • They cannot be synchronized.
    • If your roamer is first encountered shiny (upon release), checking in the Pokedex would show the shiny sprite.
    • Although it is possible to RNG a shiny Roamer with the Elite Four, it will not let you get IVs
      • Battling with the Champion increases the PIDRNG frame by 6, the Roamer is then generated at the Hall of Fame Machine.

• Difficulty of the different RNGs you can do in ascending difficulty:
    • Stationary Legends (Zekrom/Kyurem/Musketeers/Volcarona/Foongus/Amoongus)
    • Gift Pokemon (Fossils/Larvesta Egg/Magikarp/Dreamyard Elemental Monkey Trio)
    • Wondercard Pokemon (not required)
    • Wild Pokemon in areas without moving NPCs using Encounter Slots
    • ID/SID Abuse for Shiny Frames on a Target Seed (not required)
    • Wild Pokemon in areas with moving NPCs using Encounter Slots
    • Egg Abuse
    • Swirling Sand / Water Spot (Surf/Fish)
    • White Forest Abuse (Nonshiny and Synchronize Only)
    • Roamer IV and Nature Abuse (nonshiny)
    • C-Gear Abuse for Entralink Pokemon from the Dream World
    • Roamer IV/Nature/Shiny Abuse in Snow or Rain
you better familiarize yourself with the PID%6 method and must have tons of patience.

In all instances where Ditto is breeding it is the Female unless its being bred with a Male.
If you don't mind me asking... what happens when Ditto is paired w/ a male? (since it seems confusing that with Ditto + male, Ditto is the father and the male is the mother... if I understood you correctly)?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you don't mind me asking... what happens when Ditto is paired w/ a male? (since it seems confusing that with Ditto + male, Ditto is the father and the male is the mother)?
I think he mistyped. It is the male when paired with a female.

Ditto is the opposite of the other in any normal scenario. I'm not sure of your magnemite case, but I would have no reason to doubt nodice's answer.

If you don't mind me asking... what happens when Ditto is paired w/ a male? (since it seems confusing that with Ditto + male, Ditto is the father and the male is the mother... if I understood you correctly)?
I meant that if the Pokemon is genderless or a male, Ditto is the mother. However if the Pokemon is female, then Ditto is the father.

Sorry I mixed up my response before!

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Your problem is that you're looking for exact patterns. You have 3 things that can affect the PID frame, the rain from the roamer, the NPCs on route 7 and "natural" weather. Ideally you should be doing it in a month where there's no natural weather on route 7 so you only have to deal with the rain from the roamer & NPCs.
Your advances should be in 5s or 10s not 1, 2, 3...
You're not going to find the right pattern like that. Do 0 advances, 5 advances, 10 advances etc and look for the pattern. Don't expect them to be exactly 5 apart.
You can also use the characteristic to help you find your starting frame. RNG reporter does not display characteristics right now so you'll have to figure them out yourself using the PID%6 method. Tesseraction's breeding guide explains it (post 3) and Kaphotics explains how to setup researcher to do it for you here.

ok i forgot what to do when i get my seed i find and i press copy full seed to clipboard. then i paste it into the seed(Hex), press generate, and i forget what to do from there.
please help

"Nidoran or (Illumise/Volbeat) species is not determined by Gender Ratios when breeding.
It is listed in the breeding outputs for both breeding methods."

Does this mean I can get a Nidoran M (if my seed yields one) with the DW ability if I only have a female dream world Nidoran F?

I have been trying to find a seed for a Korean breed I'm attempting at doing, but it seems as if the egg finder is broken, or I am a complete idiot and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I am using an emulator, so keep that in mind.

So I'm looking for a spread that is 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31.
My parents have that spread, I've setup everything the way it's supposed to. My DS parameters are correct. When I try to abuse for the seed using the time that RNG reporter gives to me. I do everything correct but I haven't been able to hit any of the listed seeds. Yes I know there is another timer0, but that's not the problem in this case.
I look at the seed I'm hitting it seems to be consistent, changes every now and then. So I know it's not my timer0, as just to see if I was doing things correctly. I went to parameter search, as I knew my parameters already I set them to what they would normally be.
I set the date to what I was abusing for, same with the keypresses. Along with the first IV frame on the seed I kept getting. It says I hit the correct time, and the correct keypress combo yet I didn't ever hit the seed that RNG reporter's shiny egg tab said I should get.

Is there any way to fix this? As I remember using this feature just a short while ago and not having any problems.

I have been able to hit Wild Pokemon seeds almost first try, every time.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
zf: duh

wz: you can check what seeds you are hitting on an emu. also, try parameter finding by using your target seed, it could be that the Shiny Egg output of seeds is wrong.

still not yet implemented:
Fixed: 5th gen seed prediction now works correctly for Black Version (Korean)

zf: duh

wz: you can check what seeds you are hitting on an emu. also, try parameter finding by using your target seed, it could be that the Shiny Egg output of seeds is wrong.

still not yet implemented:
I have been checking with the RAM Watch. I've been abusing on it for a little while now. I've done wild abuse, Cave Spot abuse, and 1 breed before. All on my Korean.

It seems as if everything but the Shiny Egg Output works fine with the Korean versions. I guess I'll just have to wait until OD releases the version that fixes it.

Thanks Kaphotics!

This roamer rng is rather very annoying lol. Ive found out what natures i hit after 0 5 and 10 chatters but yet i just cant seem to find a pattern. I dont want to give up cos ive spent loads of time on this already but i just really dont know what to do :( lol

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
I've been RNGing shiny 5th gen eggs easily for a while now, But I just got a new computer and downloaded rng reporter(same version I had been using) and I keep getting 0 results. All I have done since downloading RNG reporter is open up the time finder and type in my parameters in the 5th gen parameters setup tab, and them do many 5th gen shiny egg searches. It is entirely possible I'm just being stupid and missed something but I have and am still searching for theses obvious mistakes.

I've been RNGing shiny 5th gen eggs easily for a while now, But I just got a new computer and downloaded rng reporter(same version I had been using) and I keep getting 0 results. All I have done since downloading RNG reporter is open up the time finder and type in my parameters in the 5th gen parameters setup tab, and them do many 5th gen shiny egg searches. It is entirely possible I'm just being stupid and missed something but I have and am still searching for theses obvious mistakes.
It sounds like you may have forgotten your SID. If the SID is listed as 0 it will return 0 results and it isn't required when you set up your parameters.

Only other thing I can think of then is keypresses. If you have those turned off that could be it. Sorry, can't think of anything else.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Only other thing I can think of then is keypresses. If you have those turned off that could be it. Sorry, can't think of anything else.
I've never used keypresses before and its always worked. I tried searching for my past RNG seeds and any natures and it still hasnt worked.

This roamer rng is rather very annoying lol. Ive found out what natures i hit after 0 5 and 10 chatters but yet i just cant seem to find a pattern. I dont want to give up cos ive spent loads of time on this already but i just really dont know what to do :( lol
What's your starting frame?

Are you positive you're hitting your seed? Have you verified this by checking its IVs?

Are you pressing "A" when the seasons come up? That changes the positions of the NPCs which change their frame advancement.

Are you consistently getting the same natures for 0, 5 and 10 chatters? Keep in mind the nature will not exactly advance by 5 or 10 but something around it.

What month are you in? Is there any weather that occurs BEFORE Tornadus/Thundurus comes up?

Do you understand how to use the PID%6 method?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
It doesn't? O_o
Does it count as international if you breed a Japanese and English on a Korean game?
Not sure but I don't think so either. Then what would it be? Japanese, English or Korean? I think it's Korean, because it hatched on a Korean game.

Edit: Not sure again, but I don't think you can breed your own International Pokémon, you just have to get a Pokémon from another language to get the International Breeding part working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)