VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, are they only announcing the November Regionals? Or are they including the April Regionals as well?
They (TPCI) are only announcing November Regionals. If you see April regional locations it is only because the tournament organizer that is holding the event released the information.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No. Its been confirmed that some of the 15 that happen every year will be in November with the rest in April.

No. Its been confirmed that some of the 15 that happen every year will be in November with the rest in April.
i believe he means location like So. Cal. hosting one in November and then hosting another one April. Which I doubt will happen as it really would be a step backwards in expansion having 2 regionals in the same season in one city/area

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i believe he means location like So. Cal. hosting one in November and then hosting another one April. Which I doubt will happen as it really would be a step backwards in expansion having 2 regionals in the same season in one city/area
Like I said, SoCal will only have it once. No location will have it more than once. They just took the regionals from all happening in April and made half happen in November with the other half in April. SoCal is in November and NorCal will likely be April. The amount of regionals stays the same from 2010 to 2011 (for TCG anyway, for VGC we obviously have more but we're just piggybacking off them).
Isn't a regional and national in Indiana a bit redundant since anyone can attend Nationals?
You get some very valuable byes in nationals and prizes for winning Regionals.

If that logic had any merit at all few people would even bother with regionals to begin with, Rukario, since a majority of the "serious players" will go to nationals regardless of their regionals playing anyway.

I'm not saying the Regional itself is useless, I'm saying though why have a regional in Indiana if Nationals is already being held there? I understand Firestorm's point that there are valuable prizes to each, but I still feel having it in another state near Indiana might have been a little bit better.

Maybe it was Indiana's turn to host a TCG regional and because the VGC regional will be at same time/location Indiana ended up with a regional and nationals.

Maybe it was Indiana's turn to host a TCG regional and because the VGC regional will be at same time/location Indiana ended up with a regional and nationals.
Indiana has a pretty big Pokemon following. Especially in the card game. So it makes sense that there is a regional here this year with so many people that play in the Indianapolis area!

Since there's been a TCG in the Wisconsin Dells every year, it might be safe to assume that there will now be a VGC event there if the VGC is riding alongside the TCG. Just a heads up, you might want to list it as an unconfirmed.

EDIT: It would be in spring

About VGC 2012 regionals

I live in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, and it seems all the regionals are in American Cities. VGC 2011 had one in Seattle but it doesn't seem to have it this year.

Anyone living in or near Vancouver? Do you guys know any place that has a pokemon video game gathering on a weekly basis or sth like that? I really wanna go somewhere and practice my teams with other players. I know I can do it on Pokemon Online but the atmosphere is different. And which city would host the closest regionals to Vancouver?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
There was a TCG regional in Surrey last year. It might be there again or probably somewhere close to there.

I'm not sure if there are any places where large groups of Pokemon video game players gather on a regular basis in the area.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, just for future reference, you usually shouldn't make new threads for existing topics. This probably could have gone in the Regional Locations thread or SQSA, for example.

Firestorm

Merged into Regional thread. The Western Canada regional will likely be in Surrey again this year as it has been for the past few so that will be close by. There aren't weekly gatherings that I know of anywhere in the lower mainland although I know the University of Victoria has a Pokemon club for those on the island. Your best bet is going to be using the WiFi Battle Finder that launched (check the home page).

Merged into Regional thread. The Western Canada regional will likely be in Surrey again this year as it has been for the past few so that will be close by. There aren't weekly gatherings that I know of anywhere in the lower mainland although I know the University of Victoria has a Pokemon club for those on the island. Your best bet is going to be using the WiFi Battle Finder that launched (check the home page).
So basically Surrey would hold VGC 2012 regionals right? Although I haven't been able to find the exact location of the regionals on the official website for Surrey

Firestorm

It's not confirmed but it's the most likely location. Kind of hoping it's downtown as it's a nicer area than where they had it last time (Compass Point Inn) ;D It could be November 13th but I think the more likely date now is April 15th, 2012. Of course they could throw us all for a loop and put it in Calgary, AB but I'm hoping that won't be the case!

It's not confirmed but it's the most likely location. Kind of hoping it's downtown as it's a nicer area than where they had it last time (Compass Point Inn) ;D It could be November 13th but I think the more likely date now is April 15th, 2012. Of course they could throw us all for a loop and put it in Calgary, AB but I'm hoping that won't be the case!
Thanks a lot! I'm so relieved that I don't have to go down to Oregon to participate in the regionals LOL

who the fuck wants to go to oregon oh my god not even people who live in oregon want to be in oregon

this blows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)