The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that was an awesome game. Enjoyed that game a lot. Kinda thought it was over at 34-22, but this is the Cowboys we're talking about. They sure know how to blow games.

ELI-TE

Sprano out for the Dolphins, not too surprising considering he was a dead man walking since before the season started.

Haley being let go as Chiefs head coach is a bit more surprising I thought, as he worked hard to turn around their dismal record with a surprise playoff appearance and did the best he could with all the injuries this year. Guess Pioli must have really not liked him...

Tim Tebow did not win the fucking game for fuck's sake. Marion Barber lost it. Nothing else to it.
Didn't Tebow drive the Broncos down the field to get the game winning field goal :s? I'm pretty sure he did.

It's not like its a 100% guaranteed thing that the Bears make a field goal or they leave Tebow with too little time to score. Stranger things have happened...

Look at the Falcons vs Bears game. The Falcons had seemingly lost the game with like 7 seconds left, and Matt Ryan hit Michael Jenkins on the sidelines with a completion good enough to put them into field goal range with exactly 1 second left. They kick the field goal and win ~_~

tl;dr

Sparano getting ousted was no surprise, but I'm confused at the timing. Why on earth did they do it with three weeks left, when the Dolphins had been playing so well? There would be no harm in letting him finish the season, except possibly getting a better record and worse draft picks.

The Chiefs have been ravaged by injuries, and it's pretty unfair to put it all on Haley. I'm starting to wonder whether the Chiefs will decide to draft a quarterback next season; Cassel clearly isn't the answer, even though they have a lot of money invested in him.

One rumor I hope isn't true for the Chiefs' sake is bringing in McDaniels as HC; I mean, there's a difference between rebuilding and complete destruction after all...sure the Chiefs are basically the Patriots West given all the personnel and players they've taken from there, but still...

Didn't Tebow drive the Broncos down the field to get the game winning field goal :s? I'm pretty sure he did.

It's not like its a 100% guaranteed thing that the Bears make a field goal or they leave Tebow with too little time to score. Stranger things have happened...

Look at the Falcons vs Bears game. The Falcons had seemingly lost the game with like 7 seconds left, and Matt Ryan hit Michael Jenkins on the sidelines with a completion good enough to put them into field goal range with exactly 1 second left. They kick the field goal and win ~_~

tl;dr
It was 95%+ that Tim Tebow would lose with 20 seconds. You have to get a 40 yarder or more and still get the field goal too. You basically have two passes and then still probably have to take a 60 yarder. Marion Barber lost the fucking game, Tim Tebow had shit all to do with it.

YOu want to give him credit for "driving down the field"? His kicker had to tie a career fucking long because Tebow is so bad at passing. Stop deluding yourself good god. The Broncos will be destroyed by every elite offense they face. I cannot understand then fucking love people have for a team getting lucky in sports. I guess only a few people care about the difference between close and great though. (For examples this last week; Titans/Saints, Texans/Bengals, Falcons/Panthers) I am not deluded, I can admit that this string of games is uncanny, but the Broncos just keep getting lucky. No AP, no Forte, bad team after bad team (Bears without Forte and Cutler went from a borderline elite team to a bad team; they would have beaten then Broncos by at least 14 with those two). Luck goes for or against teams, as you can see from the Cowboys games missed field goals or made field goals winning games have little to do with the quarterback!!

It was 95%+ that Tim Tebow would lose with 20 seconds. You have to get a 40 yarder or more and still get the field goal too. You basically have two passes and then still probably have to take a 60 yarder. Marion Barber lost the fucking game, Tim Tebow had shit all to do with it.

YOu want to give him credit for "driving down the field"? His kicker had to tie a career fucking long because Tebow is so bad at passing. Stop deluding yourself good god. The Broncos will be destroyed by every elite offense they face. I cannot understand then fucking love people have for a team getting lucky in sports. I guess only a few people care about the difference between close and great though. (For examples this last week; Titans/Saints, Texans/Bengals, Falcons/Panthers) I am not deluded, I can admit that this string of games is uncanny, but the Broncos just keep getting lucky. No AP, no Forte, bad team after bad team (Bears without Forte and Cutler went from a borderline elite team to a bad team; they would have beaten then Broncos by at least 14 with those two). Luck goes for or against teams, as you can see from the Cowboys games missed field goals or made field goals winning
games have little to do with the quarterback!!
Putting your team in a position to even make a field goal is bad? Injuries are a part of the game lol. Von Miller was out and they won but had the Broncos lost, I doubt people would've referenced that.

It's ok though. You will believe when Tim Tebow throws all over the Patriots and eliminates all the haters!!! He will brainwash the Refs into not calling penalties on people who hit Tom Brady :0

YOu want to give him credit for "driving down the field"? His kicker had to tie a career fucking long because Tebow is so bad at passing. Stop deluding yourself good god. The Broncos will be destroyed by every elite offense they face. I cannot understand then fucking love people have for a team getting lucky in sports. I guess only a few people care about the difference between close and great though. (For examples this last week; Titans/Saints, Texans/Bengals, Falcons/Panthers) I am not deluded, I can admit that this string of games is uncanny, but the Broncos just keep getting lucky. No AP, no Forte, bad team after bad team (Bears without Forte and Cutler went from a borderline elite team to a bad team; they would have beaten then Broncos by at least 14 with those two). Luck goes for or against teams, as you can see from the Cowboys games missed field goals or made field goals winning games have little to do with the quarterback!!
Deep down somewhere you've got a Tebow fetish lmao [sarcasm]

In all seriousness, the reason why Tony Sparano got fired is because the Dolphins organization wants to look early for a potential Head Coach. A Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher, Brian Schottenheimer, and other candidates. Why do you think the Chiefs and Dolphins fired their coaches 3 weeks before the end of the Regular Season? Obvious is obvious. It's better to look sooner than later, reeling in a coach in the NFL is serious business, especially a winning coach.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Rex Grossman isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Santana Moss is back, which also helps.

Also, let's put that whole QB sliding discussion to bed with one name: Ryan Fitzpatrick. The man has not once slid in his entire career in Buffalo, instead he leads into the defender with his throwing shoulder. He ran over one of San Diego's safeties yesterday on a ~20-yard scramble, and he regularly takes on linebackers one on one. Motherfucker doesn't give a shit, he's going to hit YOU.

Quarterbacks are way too protected to begin with, out of the pocket they should be fair game. Bunch of fucking sallies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)