Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Fucking around in a 1.1 creative world, playing with the new features. I found the world's stronghold, and...do you guys hear something?

Oh Christ.

This was so weird.

I think we are going to have a spawn in a minecraft fashion 'find a spot you like and build what you like' .. This still leaves room for like some ppl to team up and build like "districts" around spawn, but it will make people feel more free to do what they want and have a feeling that they can contribute to how spawn looks instead of replicating this mockup a handfull of people made. :)

Do note that this is not an official statement... but more like what I feel would be most fun for the majority.

but please.. NO GIANT BORG CUBES :D

also the spawnpoint can be changed so yeah, if we go with what i suggested we could just build wherever and decide afterwards where spawn should be at...

They nerfed golden apples to heal only 2 hearts and give 4 seconds of health regen.

Supposedly making them require gold nuggets only covers for this. It doesn't.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
it's okay i figured no one would be into the castle idea
i would like to team up with some people and build a nice little wheat & melon farm near spawn though
i forget who it was, but on a previous server someone built a really nice farmhouse and grain silo
maybe something like that? or we could build a barn too?

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rg's idea is essentially what my original vision was for spawn before it got nerfed by forks, so naturally i support it

i would like to team up with some people and build a nice little wheat & melon farm near spawn though
i forget who it was, but on a previous server someone built a really nice farmhouse and grain silo
i made a pretty good melon farm on the last server, though the schematics are actually on the minecraft wiki!

it's going to be plenty more effective now that you don't need to till, but i don't know what the length/width requirements are.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi I'm going to be building the spiritual successor to Blooper Bay when I get on, so if you see me please do not randomly set up shop! I just want to make it somewhat more coherent and an actual "town" type place so if people start building all over the place I won't be able to do it and then I'll get really sad =(

I'll be done within a couple days though!!

That was me; I was going to add a barn and other farmables, but there wasn't any point because there was already a farm for them at spawn on that map before I started. (Also I never saved up enough red wool before the server got wiped.)

I'll happily make/help make one again; it was lots of fun last time.

EDIT: One thing I would like to do differently on it this time is to make it more easily harvestable. Ideally it'd be without making it look less realistic, but some sort of automatic flooding device that channels the wheat and seeds to a collection point (maybe just underground?) would make it much more convenient to collect those vast fields of wheat.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
rigby & drab, we should join forces??
also i get a lot of ocd when it comes to making things look nice
or like, natural, i guess?
here's a shot of what my old farms looked like back in smogcraft 1.0
and also some other stuff i had built
im not saying we should make all these things
i just wanted to kind of show how i think and build
(all shot with wayukian texture)

this was my old personal farm
i didnt know too much about redstone
actually i still dont use it much
actually this mightve been made before redstone was a thing
i know it was before pistons
anyway, i just think it looks nice to have little manual wheat fields around
my old house was between new venice and the isle of loneliness

this one was built in the city i was preparing but never got finished
i was planning on doing a wheat farm auto-harvester
with water held back by redstone powered pistons
and while its a really cool and effective way to have bread
i think the machine itself is kind of clunky
and i had planned to build sort of a full factory-style greenhouse around it
i dunno it might be fun to do and have around

shot of the entrance gate to the town i was making
his was the first time i designed and built one of those rooks
az we should combine our powers and build a fortress??

this rail station was connected to the entrance gate wall
you could walk through on two levels inside
it's all still up on the old smogcraft map, way out beyond latveria
also sort of near the flatlands, which was an amazing town

just the town hall i built
i dunno if i like it too much anymore
but i thought id post it anyway

bold text means pay attention to this post

hello! smogcraft 2: final mix is now UP and open for business!

ip: still 176.31.153.57

in a thread titled 'minecraft' with almost a 100 pages this post is going to be blasphemy but

i never understood minecrafts appeal

shut up butthole

FUCK YES MINECRAFT IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!
Also, I found 2 lava pools. I assume we are using the seed "nighthawk"?

IMPORTANT :

The wooden pick can be used to check changelogs (so you can check who stole from you)

this means that you cannot use workbench/enchantment table/... Whenever you are holding the wooden pick....

However if this annoys you you can always turn it off by typing /lb tool off

in a thread titled 'minecraft' with almost a 100 pages this post is going to be blasphemy but

i never understood minecrafts appeal

Freedom basically.

Now I feel like a noob since now I knew when the server would come up, yet got distracted and busy during the day so I couldn't get on >.>

Oh well, still time to at least be a part of day 1? lol...

Edit: And there seems to be maintenance with the log in system, lame Minecraft, lame.

Edit 2: Now on :D

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Oh hey I was going to build there but then I thought it was way too inconvenient to build with the cave down there.

Glad to see you made something nice out of if :3

Here's a little tour of my house on the server, hand-squeezed into an imgur album just for you guys. <3
Saw you building that last night, looks nice.

I've finally came up with the design I want in my head, gonna flesh it out in creative though to work out the kinks before building on live...need a decent location too come to think of it...

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i need to do another enormous screen dump at some point starting from way back but for now here is my smogcraft 2.1 house:

never tried something like this before but i'm p happy with how it has come out and how quickly it came together!!

~azbot industries~

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
how da fuck do you guys make such sick things, i tried it once and my house was like, 4 walls, didnt even know how to make doors so to escape random zombies i had to make a door with cubes and then like take them out so i could move out

god dam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)