Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Twitter sucks.

That being said, yay for 1.1, don't even need to bother looking for a permanent server, though I guess this means having to scout out new seeds potentially since they're re-adding beaches and whatnot?

So with this news I hit Force Update to see if maybe it would be available early and...something broke. So don't do it!

I'm not sure what's wrong tbh, 16x packs are fine while 32x and 64x have some broken blocks, while I can't even select anything higher for some reason. The following blocks are broken in 32x: Brick (Slab/Steps/Block), Gold Block Pumpkin, Jack-O-Lantern.

Faithful 32x:

Industrial Contour 32x:

And for testing/comparison, here's Industrial Contour at 16x (natural resolution):

I'm not really sure what to do since the problem isn't with the packs themselves :S I'm playing with default for now but I hope the actual update will fix this.

That's not the update messing it up; by clicking force update, you downloaded the newest official version of minecraft (which is still 1.0.0) and removed the patch you used to make the x32 textures work. Repatch it, and it should work fine again.

Wow it seems so obvious now, thanks Mastadi.

Shinryu said:
I'm guessing you're using something to modify those? Because robo animals are badass.
No modifications, it's just part of the Industrial Contour texture pack. You could probably pull out the robot animals and put them into another pack.

http://mojang.com/2012/01/12/minecraft-1-1-update/

Below is a list of some of the added features:
- Bow Enchantments
- Golden Apple recipe
- New language translations.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
- Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
- Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
- Removed collision box from ladders
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool

Plus many bug fixes!

Bow enchantments!! Must investigate.

Oh and a picture comparison of a map before and after the update.

Pre:

Noticeable differences:
-The world shifted West a bit. I started both maps exactly where I spawned on the map, it wasn't an alignment issue on my end.
-The Swamp (upper middle grassy part) is waterier. Can you believe waterier is actually a word?
-Snow!
-Bigger pools of water in the desert.
-The map doesn't show this but the desert is definitely hillier.

EDIT: Well hmm, I can't enchant in Creative like before.

EDIT 2: And where are the mob eggs in Creative? Duh, texture packs don't have a texture for the eggs so they didn't show up XP

EDIT 3: Holy crap possibly an infinite arrow enchantment for the bow??

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
there's nothing on the list that is like game breaking (unless you like adventure maps in which case the new ladders fucked you) but the changelist is so underwhelming

implementation of recipes/acquisition methods for items we've had since alpha that should have been in forever ago, some helpful but minor things for creative and some bug fixes. woooooooooooo

honestly it's 1.1 and the game is nowhere near "done" (i always want them to continuously update it, but these are features for the most part that should have been in from the ground floor)

like, sort it out minecraft!!

so yeah... Waiting for stable bukkit build... However i'm going to try to get it up as soon as a stable build hits .. And then update it to the RB later on...

(this will all take less time than previously since there hasn't been any major change like there was from 1.8 to 1.0.0...)

EDIT 3: Holy crap possibly an infinite arrow enchantment for the bow??
Yeah there is, enchantments for the bow are Power, Punch, Infinity, and Flame. Power is super ridiculous and the best IMO, one shots any mob at level V. Punch is like Knockback, Flame is like Fire Aspect, and Infinity is infinite arrows as long as you have at least one in your inventory.

Ok , server is 1.1 ready !

Goto the Smogcraft community and post/make in/a "the seed" thread to share seeds.. best seed wins woop woop.

EDIT ; or we might end up using the map that generated before (one you guys didn't see yet) if the edges of the map arent ugly as F*

EDITTT ; I see some of you have been trying to join the server... This led me to believe that my post somehow indicated the server was open to the audiance... This is NOT the case, its still on lockdown untill we decide on a seed and on a release date. (so that you people don't go complaining "amagad the server went live yesterday and you did not tell meeee"

Speaking of seeds... I was going to host my own server while Smogcraft was down, but thanks to Sal's generosity I managed to hang on to twenty bucks of my own.

I used the seed "triumphtormentandadog", which made a large snow biome, and I built a spawn location in MCEdit.

You spawn in the house in the middle.

And this is what greets you when you first enter the world.

Since this was only ever going to be temporary, I didn't make any public service areas. 'Twas going for a more Smogcraft 1.0 spawn.

I had half a mind to build abandoned castles and shit on the server for people to discover and explore, but then I got lazy. :v

So yeah. That was Zemlya Moroz, while it lasted.

Server launch time:

Friday (13/1/2012) somewhere between 4 and 6 EST.

Version 1.1

There will be /spawn , /home and /sethome available for you

/hug BenVdd

anyways, while I'm happy for this, what should we do about spawn? Should we just do an organic spawn, or keep the original spawn idea that we used before the server broke?

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
so, i have a feeling this idea is going to get shot down
but i just want to show what i'm thinking anyway

i think it would be really great to have a nice big castle wall surrounding the spawn
i like to feel safe there, and to me nothing feels safer than a big stone wall
the spawn we had last time was really nice and used a similar idea
and if we build this up on a mountain, or out of the side of a mountain, it could be pretty cool
maybe we only build one side of the walls and then theyre attached to one side of the mountain?
inside we could have some shops or farms to help out new players:
enchantment library, alchemy building, wheat & melon farm, maybe trees (underground?), maybe animals...
but not too overboard, because i think people would like to have their own personal resources too
then we could have an area around spawn where anyone can build their own house
i think it could be a cool little kingdom or something

anyway, that's my idea
it's not really crazy, i dont think
i basically just like castles
okay ill shut up now

I personally like both of these ideas. Well, I'll take a shot.

How about lower down, we have castle walls, and then a little further (like 10 blocks lol) you have the pueblos for the market and enchanting rooms, farms, and the watnot. So combining both of those ideas for the best of both worlds.

Both ideas are very good, so why not combine them, I thought?

I dunno about a castle...even I'm getting tired of the castle motif. Though I absolutely love and envy your drawing ability Rocket Grunt.

I'll join you for the mountainside carving RiptideFugitive, though I'm still more of an advocate for the upside down temples like in Avatar. Gonna need to find a decent cliff too...could do it on the side of a ravine, but preferably it'd be a wide ravine then so there's distance between one side and the next.

I tried to join server but it said i want whitelisted. Is there another whitelist thing to be filled out?? I have been deprived of smogon since before christmas!

Eh spawn needs some kind of walls to keep the mobs out and castles are the best theme to go about it. EDIT: I suppose just a 3-block high wall would function just as well as large castle walls but fit the whole organic theme better. I would love for spawn to be more village-esque where people can actually settle homes, rather than being a simple hub for activity. I'm not digging the whole mountain-based facade though /edit

Master Win said:
How about lower down, we have castle walls, and then a little further (like 10 blocks lol) you have the pueblos for the market and enchanting rooms, farms, and the watnot. So combining both of those ideas for the best of both worlds.
Mountains just aren't large enough to accommodate all of that, unless you plan to artificially expand it?

Wolfhound237 said:
I tried to join server but it said i want whitelisted. Is there another whitelist thing to be filled out?? I have been deprived of smogon since before christmas!
Read above, it opens tomorrow.

EDIT: Admins, did you plan on having spawn right where we join on the server? Just wondering if you guys are moving stuff around in advance or if you guys wanted us to hunt for an ideal spot first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)