5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Im using RNG reporter 9.94 beta and the method says to use method 5, but when I look there is no method 5. Do I use 5th gen IVs (C gear) method instead of method 5 for RNGing pokemon eggs?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Im using RNG reporter 9.94 beta and the method says to use method 5, but when I look there is no method 5. Do I use 5th gen IVs (C gear) method instead of method 5 for RNGing pokemon eggs?
Just click the "Eggs" tab in the 5th gen Time Finder. In the main window you would set it to Breeding (BW) or (BW, International) depending on the parents.

I'm back :D

Now I'm trying to abuse ID/SID on my White version. I found a seed (360C2C287975517A) on 2/24/12 03:36:59 with No Keypresses yielding ID 00727 and SID 26356. The initial frame is 28 and the frame is 29. I'm assuming this means I have to tell Juniper she's deaf only once, right? I've calibrated everything correctly and am starting it up the right way, it's just that the onsite BW RNG Manipulation guide seemed to vague to get anything else out of it.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Did you verify that the starting frame is actually 28 in the game? The starting frame it shows in Pandora's Box might not be the actual start frame. I would go through the procedure once without any advances and see which frame the ID you get matches up with.

If it is in fact 28, then yes. You only need to say "No" once.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to RNG for the entralink Mamoswine that was released a while ago. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.94 Beta. I'm going for a Date: 2012 02 02 Time: 12:04:06 Delay: 7168 which I can hit semi-consistently as verified by IVs. I also calculated the standard seed to be 02/02/12 12:02:06 which gives a seed of 8977D0BB14F11DD4 for my game. I can hit this consistently as verified by 6 Chatot pitches.

The natures I am getting don't seem to make any sense. In the main window I calculated the initial PIDRNG frame to be 44 which I changed to 50 because of the chatters. I also set the gender to Male (50% / 50%). I'm going for an adamant nature so I'm trying to hit frame 164 or 166 which has a 2:19.26 or 2:21.50 in the Time column. Therefore I wait 2 minutes and 20 seconds after turning on the C-gear for the first time before selecting yes to battle the Mamoswine. The natures I get have not been consistent, and If I understand the theory correctly the nature should be based on just the standard seed and not the c-gear seed, so it should be consistent even when I don't hit my delay. Should I be starting this countdown from the first time I turn on the c-gear, or some other event? If so, what else might I be doing wrong?

Did you verify that the starting frame is actually 28 in the game? The starting frame it shows in Pandora's Box might not be the actual start frame. I would go through the procedure once without any advances and see which frame the ID you get matches up with.

If it is in fact 28, then yes. You only need to say "No" once.
How can I tell which frame I'm actually hitting without advances, since it doesn't give me any seeds for frames <27?

I found here a good one, Seed: C0FE7DCEA79CC9E0, frame: 80, Timid 31, 10, 31, 31, 31, 31; but it's not a top all Timid Wondercard.

guys if i kill the roamer and do this will i get a shiny roamer?
find a pid rng seed for the roamer with a shiny frame lets say 85.
then go to the elite 4 champion and save 1 step before battling.
then hit my seed and do the chatots to verify my seed (by the pitch) and to advance the pid frame to 85.
then battle .
then catch the roamer.
will that work.i know the ivs are messed that way but will i get the shiny roamer?
i did it .got a shiny roamer at elite 4. my target frame was 98.
first saved 1 step before champion and hit my seed.then verified the seed with chatot pitch pattern and since battling champion advances 6 pid frames i stopped chototing at frame 91 and battled .and got a timid shiny roamer.(although the ivs are messed its shiny :D )

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
yeah im trying to do c gear seed

Edit*
And what is max/min timer0 and vcount and vframe?
Why are you using C-Gear? Standard seeds are far easier, so you should always use them except for Entralink.

If you're using C-Gear, you can ignore those. If not, then they'll be taken care of for you when you use the parameter finder.

Why are you using C-Gear? Standard seeds are far easier, so you should always use them except for Entralink.

If you're using C-Gear, you can ignore those. If not, then they'll be taken care of for you when you use the parameter finder.
oh did not realise, thanks ill try non c gear

Cassie

giant claw
Okay so I'm RNGing the Japanese Event Thundurus.
I found a seed using the Wondercard choice in time finder, and hit my seed. I then advanced my frame in hopes of hitting my target. I didn't hit that, but I did hit one of the IV spreads after, but the nature matched the frame after. Is that supposed to happen?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay so I'm RNGing the Japanese Event Thundurus.
I found a seed using the Wondercard choice in time finder, and hit my seed. I then advanced my frame in hopes of hitting my target. I didn't hit that, but I did hit one of the IV spreads after, but the nature matched the frame after. Is that supposed to happen?
You have to pick the GLAN Wondercard, since Thundurus\Tornadus are locked to male.

Hey, guys! I got a little lost trying to do a Standard Stationary PIDRNG (I'm using 9.94.) I'm trying to get a Timid shiny 31/30/31/30/31/30 Kyurem.

I don't know if it'll help any, but these are my Parameters:
MAC: 00-09-BF-5F-D4-5F
Black version - English/DS Original
VCount: 60/VFrame: 8
I use C7C as my Timer0 value, no keypresses.
I start the game one second before the indicated value.

RNG Reporter Screencaps are here and here.

I'm saved right in front of Kyurem, run through my Chatters, (Starting Frame turned out to be 42, so 77-42=35--I did 35 Chatot flips) and then capture Kyurem. Its shiny and Timid, but the IVs are completely wrong. I could tell immediately from its stat page characteristic, which is always "Likes to fight," no matter how many times I re-tried capturing it.

I ran a check through 3 different IV calculators, and they all gave me the same result. Then I checked within RNG Reporter (Right-click, Display Characteristics, then Get IVs) and it gave me the same values that I'd gotten before. They're displayed in the second screencap.

So I guess my question is: can I run a PIDRNG search that will display the IVs along with the other info (like it does with Eggs), so I don't run into this confusion again? Or, what should I be doing instead to RNG this guy? I know I'm doing something terribly wrong, but I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. I'd appreciate any pointers anyone could give.

And I apologize if this is really, really stupid--I know it's no excuse, but I'm used to RNGing shininess/nature/IVs on Eggs. This is my first attempt at Capturing. Dx;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)