hulk vs superman: THE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have NO time for Hulk I'm afraid. Never liked the comics, or films or TV shows. Just, what a awful beat he is.

Superman on the other hand, although made to read it by my Dad, is better, and as soon as Superman is up in the air, gg Hulk. Can't touch him.

Superman is pretty much invincible any time he isn't near Kryptonite or a red sun.

I'm guessing that unless his scientist form brought special shape-changing Kryptonite-infused armor before hand, there really isn't a contest.

Meh, I go for Hulk if only because I really don't like Superman. I dunno, as invincible as Superman is in DC universe, maybe the rules don't apply as well in the Marvel one?

Or maybe he can pick him up and fling him into space and then beat on him? /shrug

Lol wtf. Hulk wins no question. His power is literally infinite. When something is stronger than him he becomes more powerful to destroy them. Hulk can jump through galaxies. He can overcome any injury, physically or mental in seconds, and is stronger from it.

Hulk wins everytime and you are disgrace if you believe otherwise

Lol wtf. Hulk wins no question. His power is literally infinite. When something is stronger than him he becomes more powerful to destroy them. Hulk can jump through galaxies. He can overcome any injury, physically or mental in seconds, and is stronger from it.

Hulk wins everytime and you are disgrace if you believe otherwise
This. The Hulk is essentially the Goku of the Marvel universe. He just keeps coming back even stronger

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Unless the Hulk is made of kryptonite, I'm gonna have to go with superman on this one.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ITT people determine who would win based on who they like better and then tout it as incontrovertible (sp?) truth...

Superman would fly into the Sun to super charge himself beyond The Hulk because screw you, that's what he's done before.

(Why Superman is best)
As you know, I’m quite keen on comic books. Especially the ones about superheroes. I find the whole mythology surrounding superheroes fascinating.

Take my favorite superhero, Superman. Not a great comic book. Not particularly well-drawn. But the mythology… The mythology is not only great, it’s unique.

Now, a staple of the superhero mythology is, there’s the superhero and there’s the alter ego. Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he’s Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone.

Superman didn’t become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he’s Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red “S” – that’s the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears – the glasses, the business suit – that’s the costume. That’s the costume Superman wears to blend in with us.

Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent? He’s weak… He’s unsure of himself… He’s a coward.

Clark Kent is Superman’s critique on the whole human race.
Response, Genny?

Pretty sure they actually just stand there punching each other forever because neither can be hurt because both are retardedly overpowered

just saying

Pretty sure they actually just stand there punching each other forever because neither can be hurt because both are retardedly overpowered

just saying
Agreed, but I feel supes would eventually do something bullshitty with his powers like rewinding time by flying around the earth really fast to make the Hulk never created in the first place.

I would say both are equally matched in terms of bullshittery, but the real question here is which version of Supes and/or Hulk are we talking about here?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(Why Superman is best)

Response, Genny?
All of that is true about Superman, and I think Superman is amazing as a person and as a character (especially now when a lot of his comics deal with emotional issues or as in All-Star Superman, how he deals with death).

The Hulk is equally interesting though. Bruce Banner doesn't really like being the Hulk. As the Hulk, Bruce Banner simply cannot, and will not die. If he's ever in a life threatening situation then he will become this unstopable monster who can eat rocks for energy and who can regenerate himself even from death. I want to say it was Planet Hulk where the world was destroyed and swarms of bugs were there to attack Bruce, the sole survivor due to his condition, but he just couldn't escape death. Not from hunger, nor from dying itself. Superman grows old. He is going to eventually die. Which makes the Hulk more interesting to me (I don't think Bruce can die of old-age but I may be wrong).

In a fight between the two the Hulk can't win though. Superman can put him into the Negative Zone or simply put him into space where he can't breathe as I have never seen a comic where the Hulk can breathe in space.

So here is how it goes for me.

Superman vs Hulk = Superman wins
Hulk as a character, far more interesting than Supes.

EDIT:

Also I'm just saying that if Batman has like a day worth of prep-time then he will beat Superman (as shown in Superman: Red Son and The Dark Knight Rises (or was it returns?)).

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Also I'm just saying that if Batman has like a day worth of prep-time then he will beat Superman (as shown in Superman: Red Son and The Dark Knight Rises (or was it returns?)).
Not if superman also had a day worth of prep time.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can we really not just say that Superman isn't super intelligent without implying he is dumb? I really fucking hate how "super intelligent" gets applied to almost every comic book character.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i think the incinerator wins because it can burn all the comics

all the evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)