Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

In about 15 hours I'll start a 2hour car drive to some relatives in the other side of Holland, so you've got some time to think, Stall =P. I already bred a goodnatured Sunny the Oddish, Dora the Cleffa and Iggy the Magby :).

I did it! I beat Cyrus without any items! Took about twenty-five tries in the end, along with PP stalling Gyarados out of Earthquakes to reduce the risk involved. It was worth it though; now I can finally evolve Purify into a Medicham. One hurdle left to climb before he's completely healed. :)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4179313&postcount=3960 my OP

i have 5 pokemon so far i need a starter, and i will arrange all the trades at a later date
Take Ed the Snivy (based on the film Limitless). When Ed is a Snivy, he is pretty weak and can't get going. He cannot use moves that are above 40 power. If Ed does not faint in the battle against Chili having been in the battle for at least 5 turns, he can evolve.

Once Ed gets on NZT (also known as in-battle items) he becomes much more powerful. Ed must now have two moves of less than 60 power and two moves of more than 60. If an item is used on Ed in-battle, he can only use the more than 60 powermoves, and if it has not, he can only use the less than 60. This resets every ten turns, as the effects of NZT wear off over time. But sinister forces find out about Ed's stash, so you must solo Elesa having used at least three items over the course of the battle to evolve again.

Success! Ed finds out how NZT works and as such, the effects are constant. Do not have any moves of less than 80 power. To prove his strength, Ed must now solo one Pokémon from each Elite Four member, and two from N.

Summary:
  • As Snivy, cannot have moves of more than 40 power, must survive at least 5 turns against Chili to evolve
  • As Servine, have two moves of under 60 power and two over. If an item is used, Ed can only use the moves above 60 power and if not, he can only use the moves under. This resets every ten turns and at the end of every battle. Solo Elesa having used three items in the battle to evolve.
  • As Serperior, all moves must be above 80 power. Solo one Pokémon from each Elite Four member and two of N's.

Hey everyone, just a heads up that updates are going to be coming out at an irregular speed this week, one way or another.

I just got news that one of my best friends died and... well needless to say it's affecting me. One of two things is going to happen with updates because of this; I'm going to spew updates out at the same rate I was when I was sick (just got over that sickness btw) to distract myself, or I won't be able to make myself work on them and nothing will come out. I don't expect any change in the content or quality of it just... be ready for some weird update times.

And yes, part of this is me fishing for condolences. I'm not going to lie to myself or you guys and deny it. I'm feeling pretty lonely right now with none of my close friends able to talk to me at this point of time so I just... I guess I just want to know some people are with me.

I'll be doing a scramble of soulsilver
Rules 'n such

-Easy
-I will pokegts all my pokemon at level 5 in at cherrygrove
-^It can be found late, early, in a different game idc
-I don't want a team weak to one type
-No fail pokemon
-No level restrictions
-No insane evolution restrictions, e.g. nothing very late
-No more than 1 really good pokemon, e.g. Mewtwo/Arceus/Deoxys-A/and such
-THINK YOU'RE CHALLENGES THROUGH, DO IT!
-Gimme an Axew xD
I think this is it

So far I have:

King Serperior
Take Weakling the Slakoth.
Weakling is weak at this stage and must know 1 attacking move under 60 BP and 3 non-damaging attacks. Solo your rival's Zubat to evolve.
Once Weakling evolves, rename it Force and have it know 3 Attacking moves and 1 non-damaging move. Solo the Rocket Executives in the Radio Tower to evolve. BP limit of 85.
Once it evolves, Rename it Doomsday. Teach it 4 attacking moves and all moves must have 100 BP or more ASAP. Solo 1 E4 member.

EndQuote
Skyshayde, take 1hit1der, or simply Wonder, the Chimchar.
This Chimchar likes to blast away foes in one go.
As such, it can only use STAB moves if the move has full PP.

Mygavolt
You get Axew the Dratini. Since you asked for Axew, who is not available in SoulSilver, this is the closest thing I can give you. Anyway, restriction time.

- As Dratini, cannot have items used on it
- As Dragonair, cannot use non-attacks
- As Dragonite, can only use Dragon-type moves

And that's about it

Proffesor Science
Vaporeon
Personality likes challanges of moderate difficulty- not impossible, but still difficult. So, it must solo one Gym Leader or E4 Member which either resists your Personality's STAB, or is super effective against Personality's STAB. It also refuses outside help with all its challanges, so it may never switch out, or use items.

Dragonbreath
Take Pop the Exeggcute. Roll a dice, or put 1-6 into a random number generator. The roll of the dice will determine which move you must never get rid of:

1:Barrage
2:Reflect
3:Leech Seed
4:Bullet Seed
5: Toxic (must teach the TM ASAP)
6: Hypnosis

Whichever move you get, it must be used at the start of every battle.

Your moves must line up as follows:
Attacking STAB
Attacking STAB
Status Move
Status Move

To evolve, solo Erika's Tangela and at least three trainers in the Gym.

CrappyGyarados
Take Critical the Scyther. This Scyther, as you can tell is all about getting critical hits and so must learn and keep Focus Energy. It must use Focus Energy as soon as it is sent out in very battle. Along with Focus Energy, it must have two other moves that have a high critical hit ratio. The 4th move must be non-attacking.
Once you evolve it into Scizor, which must be before the 8th gym, rename it Sturdy. Replace Focus Energy with Iron Defense. Use Iron Defense as soon as it is sent out. The two high critical hit ratio moves must now be moves that are more than 80 Power.

Reserving Slakoth for Skyshade!!

Weakling is weak at this stage and must know 1 attacking move under 60 BP and 3 non-damaging attacks. Solo your rival's Zubat to evolve.

Once Weakling evolves, rename it Force and have it know 3 Attacking moves and 1 non-damaging move. Solo the Rocket Executives in the Radio Tower to evolve. BP limit of 85.

Once it evolves, Rename it Doomsday. Teach it 4 attacking moves and all moves must have 100 BP or more ASAP. Solo 1 E4 member.

Our condolences, Jimera.
If there's anything you need, just ask.

Hey everyone, just a heads up that updates are going to be coming out at an irregular speed this week, one way or another.

I just got news that one of my best friends died and... well needless to say it's affecting me. One of two things is going to happen with updates because of this; I'm going to spew updates out at the same rate I was when I was sick (just got over that sickness btw) to distract myself, or I won't be able to make myself work on them and nothing will come out. I don't expect any change in the content or quality of it just... be ready for some weird update times.

And yes, part of this is me fishing for condolences. I'm not going to lie to myself or you guys and deny it. I'm feeling pretty lonely right now with none of my close friends able to talk to me at this point of time so I just... I guess I just want to know some people are with me.
Ouch. I...Empathy isn't my strong suit, but I understand what you're going through. My close friends are like family to me.

If you need to talk, send me a PM. I know it's hard to talk about these things sometimes, but it's much better to let feelings out to someone than to keep them bottled up. Take care of yourself. I don't think anyone would expect you to come out of this unaffected.

Our condolences, Jimera.
If there's anything you need, just ask.

Mkay, that's not to bad

Edit:

Same restrictions for the entire evolution line?

@Skyshayde: You get Axew the Dratini. Since you asked for Axew, who is not available in SoulSilver, this is the closest thing I can give you. Anyway, restriction time.

- As Dratini, cannot have items used on it
- As Dragonair, cannot use non-attacks
- As Dragonite, can only use Dragon-type moves

And that's about it.

Sorry to hear about that Jimera. I don't know what I can do to make you feel better... but try to remember that you're always welcome here.

Anyway, Skyshayde gets my special Eevee challange!

Skyshayde, take Personality the Eevee. Your Eevee's final evolution and restrictions are determined through a questionnaire, much like in the Mystery Dungeon games. Take this questionnaire at the time you accept this challange.

The beauty of this is that it can be as easy or hard as you want, depending on the choices you make and your personality. But I must stress this: the most important part of this is that you must be totally honest with your answers. Cheating is a big no-no with this challange (although I don't expect you to.) However, you may look through the questions and answers if you wish, but don't let that influence your decisions. Above all, have fun!
You will answer a number of questions. Different answers will give different points- add up the points you get as you are going through. Remember, you must answer the questions truthfully- choose the one that most closely resembles your current situation.

1) Are you attempting an:
-Easy Challange - 2 points
-Medium Challange - 5 points
-Hard Challange - 8 points

2) Are you into competitive battling?
- Hell yeah! - 6 points
- No, not really… - 3 points
- It's okay. - 4 points

3) Offensive of Defensive?
- Attack! - 7 points
- Defense! - 3 points
- Balanced. - 5 points

4) Your favourite pastime?
- Sports - 6 points
- Reading / Internet - 3 points
- Gaming - 5 points

5) Someone comes up to you and offers to beat you up. What do you do?
- Run away!! - 5 points
- Negotiate - 3 points
- FIGHT!!!!!!! - 7 points

6) You like a guy / girl but they ignore you. (wow so corny and cliched) What do you do?
- Get their attention / get to know them - 5 points
- Ask them out directly - 8 points
- Avoid them / go home and cry - 3 points

7) Most important question: do you keep your love of pokemon a secret?
- Of course! - 3 points
- Nope, happy to talk about it - 8 points
- I don't really care if people know. - 5 points

Okay, add up your points and open the hide tag corresponding to the amount of points you got.

Congratulations, your Eevee evolves into Vaporeon! You're a kinda shy person, probably a nerd (sorry). You don't like confrontations, fighting people, etc. You'd prefer to live in your own perfect little world, shielded from danger, both emotional and physical. You get Vaporeon because it also likes to hide, and in competitive play it's a wall, not easily getting hurt.

Your Eevee evolves into Jolteon. You're a pretty average person, not too shabby, not too perfect either. Everything's kinda 'meh' to you; it's all middle of the range stuff. However, you do have hidden talents and achievements you like to keep to yourself, but other people don't generally know about it. You get Jolteon because although it is a fast and powerful attacker, it it not as popular as other similar pokemon.

Lucky you, your Eevee evolves into Flareon. You take everything in life head-on; whether it's competitive battling or your social life, you're not afraid of anything. You don't care what people think of you, you just want to live life to the fullest. You get Flareon because it would also love to take on the world, but Gamefreak didn't give it the right tools to do that. It could use a strong trainer like you.

Okay, now that you've determined what Eeveelution you're getting, take the questionnaire again to determine your restrictions. However this time, choose the answer which you would least likely pick, with the exception of Question 1. Count up your points, and open up the corresponding hide tag. Those are the restrictions your pokemon has:

Personality prefers not to have such a hard challange, instead nurturing its own talents in its own way. So, it must solo one Gym Leader or E4 Member of your choice. However, everyone else likes to make fun of Personality for taking the easy path, so it is always under the effect of Torment.

Personality likes challanges of moderate difficulty- not impossible, but still difficult. So, it must solo one Gym Leader or E4 Member which either resists your Personality's STAB, or is super effective against Personality's STAB. It also refuses outside help with all its challanges, so it may never switch out, or use items.

Personality likes really tough challanges- it just can't get enough! It must solo two Gym Leaders or E4 Members, and one of them has to have a type advantage against Personality's STAB. It wants to do this at max difficulty, so Personality also may never use a move over 70 BP. Finally, Personality hates getting help, so it cannot switch out, or use items.

If you consider the restrictions you got to be too easy / hard, then you can negotiate with me to change it, but you cannot negotiate to change your Eeveelution.

Whatever restrictions and Eeveelution you get, evolve Personality ASAP.
Have fun!

Reserving Slakoth for Skyshade!!

Ya know, when I said no fail pokemon... Oh well, truant may suck but at least it's not that bad.

Edit:

My moveset is looking like

-Scratch
-Encore
-Slack Off
-Yawn
Do either of you know Chuggaaconroy from YouTube? He did a Pokémon Emerald Let's Play of late, and a Slaking was one of his team members. Since you're doing this on the gen IV game engine, you may as well try for Giga Impact over Hyper Beam as on his set, as Hyper Beam counts as Special after the PS split, especially if your battle style is "Shift".

Take Pop the Exeggcute. Roll a dice, or put 1-6 into a random number generator. The roll of the dice will determine which move you must never get rid of:

Attacking STAB
Attacking STAB
Status Move
Status Move

Reserving a Poké for Skyshayde

EDIT: Take Critical the Scyther. This Scyther, as you can tell is all about getting critical hits and so must learn and keep Focus Energy. It must use Focus Energy as soon as it is sent out in very battle. Along with Focus Energy, it must have two other moves that have a high critical hit ratio. The 4th move must be non-attacking.
Once you evolve it into Scizor, which must be before the 8th gym, rename it Sturdy. Replace Focus Energy with Iron Defense. Use Iron Defense as soon as it is sent out. The two high critical hit ratio moves must now be moves that are more than 80 Power.

Damn, I give you my condolences, Jimera. Empathy isn't my strong suit too, but losing a close friend would affect anyone.. I know it is hard to talk about your feelings, but keeping them bottled up will just make you feel worse. Just know we're here for ya.

Jimera I'm sorry to hear that I don't know what you're going through but I agree with stall keeping feelings bottled up won't do any good. You have my strongest condolences

Attacking STAB
Attacking STAB
Status Move
Status Move

There is no ASAP for this, i'll trade it in with it:)

Edit: I cant evolve this til after the elite 4 you know, this is soulsilver

Wow, thanks for all the support guys. I did manage to get in contact with my other really close friend last night so I had someone to talk to in the end, it just took a few hours for her to get on. I'll be alright now. She was really something else as a friend, and even though I couldn't see or even talk to her very often because she was really busy with university it didn't really matter. We just had this sort of way where the time we'd spend between meetings just kind of didn't matter. We had no secrets from each other, and I think we might've known each other better than anyone else did. I'm actually kind of grateful for the fact I didn't get to see he very often now, as I'm already used to not being able to contact her on a whim. I'll be able to adjust fairly easily. It's just a good thing I have that other friend to talk with, or I'd be in a much worse spot.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I'm glad to know I've got so many people who care about my well being here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)