Smogon Grand Slam - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, LC Tournament sounds fun! Even if I don't win, at least I'll be able to participate (provided school doesn't interfere with this >-<)

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question, why does the logo include baseball bats if it's based on the grand slam of tennis

• The RU Open - Hosted by Oglemi (July 30th)
I will be away for three days starting tomorrow morning and my internet connections will be tenuous, if present at all during that time. I absolutely do not want to miss sign-ups. I assumed I could leave tomorrow as sign-ups were today. Ughhh.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Talked to Bloo earlier, I'm currently unable to close out R1 of the UU slam tonight, so it'll be done tomorrow as soon as possible (unless someone wants to do it for me, though that's a ton of work and all you guys are lazy :P). Not sure if that means we're waiting to put RU signups up or not.

Not gonna lie I'm just really excited for all of Zracknel's art for the Grand Slam. Which Pokemon will represent each metagame?
So far it's Swampert and Sceptile. Will it be Charizard for NU and Blaziken for Ubers and maintain a starter theme?

This shouldn't intrigue me as much as it does.

I have a question, why does the logo include baseball bats if it's based on the grand slam of tennis
This was a silly oversight, haha. Haven't changed it yet mostly due to time constraints; I'm hoping to revise the identity to be more tennis-themed when I can

Thank you for the feedback

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
when is ubers already!!! (at least i have background knowledge there)
After RU Open Round 1 ends. The deadline for that tour's 1st Round is today, so I expect Ubers to start very soon.

EDIT: If you read the first post, it says will probably signups will open tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if it starts tomorrow though.

so is there going to be a running tally of the point totals or are we going to have to keep track of it ourselves?
If the latter, I'll probably go through and make a thread (assuming the moderators let me)

now that kokoloko has been eliminated from the LC open, the playoffs are almost set. the top 6 spots have been filled, but heist, malekith, and nelson-x are all tied for 7th place. to break this tie, the three of them will have a bo5 in the five grand slam tiers. the top two will move on to the playoffs. i'm announcing this now to give them plenty of time to get their teams ready. good luck fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)