5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone.

Can someone please tell me how to RNG a dust spot Pokemon like excadrill ? I found a SEED for a wild cave spot encounter and tried to save in front of such a spot but discovered the spot was gone once I returned in the game.
You have to actually walk around until you find a Dust Spot - then encounter it. Therefore it's better if you use a higher IV Frame (3-5 work, and sometimes you can get away with using frame 2). You also have to keep track of your PIDRNG (each step you take advances it by two, and each time you turn, but don't take a step also increases it by two) - so you'll want a higher PID frame too. I personally look between 500 - 700. Good luck!

You have to actually walk around until you find a Dust Spot - then encounter it. Therefore it's better if you use a higher IV Frame (3-5 work, and sometimes you can get away with using frame 2). You also have to keep track of your PIDRNG (each step you take advances it by two, and each time you turn, but don't take a step also increases it by two) - so you'll want a higher PID frame too. I personally look between 500 - 700. Good luck!
Thank you very much sir :)

Why is the inheritance saying its coming from the male for some of the seeds when i have no IV's listed under the male. It should be taking 3 from the female, then generating the rest. I have a Ditto as the female. Marowak is the male. I've tried hitting all those seeds and its always off. When i did this with my Dusclops, everything went through fine.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Why is the inheritance saying its coming from the male for some of the seeds when i have no IV's listed under the male. It should be taking 3 from the female, then generating the rest. I have a Ditto as the female. Marowak is the male. I've tried hitting all those seeds and its always off. When i did this with my Dusclops, everything went through fine.

Presumably it's defaulting the male's blank IVs to 0. PPRNG used to have the same issue. Try setting the speed IV of the male to any number except 0 to prevent it from happening.

Okay so I'm trying to get back to RNG abusing, but problem is that some exclusive Pokemon exist only on White version. The problem is that I'm using an Acekard 2i for White. What's worse is I have lost all the info I had to RNG abusing successfully on my flash cart.

I need help on finding the parameters, any of them fluctuating, etc. I know it is possible because I have done this in the past. I'm using a DSi, although is there any difference as I know acekard runs on DS/lite mode? (Or should I put it as "DSi/XL" in RNG reporter?)

Hey guys.
I'm looking for some advice.

I've been reading about RNGing and been doing it for a while, so far so good. I managed both doing it for wild encounters and hatching eggs.
Now I'm trying to hit a seed that requires a keypress, namely R

After a couple of tries I noticed that the results I got weren't on my seed at all, so I read into it and noticed a few places mentioning that the timer0 might go up by 1 if you have a keypress.
So far, my timer0 has pretty much always been C7A.

I've went back to the ds parameter search calibration phase (catching wild pokes and checking IVs/etc) while selecting keypress R. Now I have no problem getting the same result over and over, but each time I do I receive two results

Actual seconds VCount Timer0 GxStat VFrame
17 60 C73 6 C
17 60 C7A 6 8

The lower result are the parameters I usually work with and always had success with (no keypresses). The top result is new.

Now what confuses me is that I thought having a keypress would increase your timer0 by 1, but shouldn't it be C7B then? Why C73?

And if C73 isn't the one I'm actually hitting, then I don't understand why I can't hit the actual seed I'm going for (asking for keypress R) with C7A at all.

I hope someone understands my issue.

Greetings gents!
I've been attempting the obtain a perfect Wondercard pokemon (Keldeo, to be specific), but haven't had any luck, and am in need of some assistance. This is what I have been doing: I first found my parameters by using the date 1/16/12 at 5:00. I did this by starting the game the second the DS clock hit that time. I did this multiple times until I found my two timer0 values and determined which one appeared more often. After that, I set my IVs and nature, then commenced using the timefinder. After finding a few seeds, I uploaded them to the reporter and found my initial frame. I started the game at the exact moment that the DS clock displayed the time that I needed to hit. After the game started, I advanced the frame by subracting my initial frame from the target frame, then switched between two Chatot that I set a voice to with chatter that number of times, and I have so far not hit the nature or IVs that I've been attempting to hit. Might anyone be able to detect a flaw in my process?

I am currently wondering if the current version of RNG reporter is bugged or broken some how - if at least in a few aspects. Fairly new, but I have managed quite well so far and wish to throw a little issue/question out there.

First of all with my experiences so far - I have been able to flawlessly generate stationary pokemon and wild pokemon (Well, IV's at least. Haven't gotten around to specific species - natures less so considering that I have a synchronizer for nearly any useful nature)

Now comes the next problem - What do the starter pokemon count as? I can't test them as effectively - mainly because you cant view natures or such in Black and White while in battle (which is dissapointing) - and because I am not going to delete my black file to test it out.

I am also unable to find out where I am landing for Trainer IDs in Pandora's boxes "Seed Finder" - it doesn't seem to work AT ALL. I crunch in the time I entered along with my ID and it returns nothing at all - even when I have absurd random variables like min seconds 0 max seconds 59 and min/max frames of 0-100 set.

-Somewhat unrelated question---
I have noticed that my timer0 when not using Aeon timer is constistantly C7C, yet when I use Aeon Timer its C7B most of the time - and way more unreliable. Is this normal?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Greetings gents!
I've been attempting the obtain a perfect Wondercard pokemon (Keldeo, to be specific), but haven't had any luck, and am in need of some assistance. This is what I have been doing: I first found my parameters by using the date 1/16/12 at 5:00. I did this by starting the game the second the DS clock hit that time. I did this multiple times until I found my two timer0 values and determined which one appeared more often. After that, I set my IVs and nature, then commenced using the timefinder. After finding a few seeds, I uploaded them to the reporter and found my initial frame. I started the game at the exact moment that the DS clock displayed the time that I needed to hit. After the game started, I advanced the frame by subracting my initial frame from the target frame, then switched between two Chatot that I set a voice to with chatter that number of times, and I have so far not hit the nature or IVs that I've been attempting to hit. Might anyone be able to detect a flaw in my process?
Where are you trying to get the Wonder Card? Most Pokémon Centers have moving NPCs in them that throw off your frame. Do it at the Pokémon League if you can, I know that one is safe.

If it still doesn't work, look at the IVs you got and compare them to the frames in the main window of RNG Reporter. If it matches a nearby frame, then you just need to adjust your Chatters accordingly. If it doesn't, you probably hit the wrong Timer0.
Hey guys.
I'm looking for some advice.

I've been reading about RNGing and been doing it for a while, so far so good. I managed both doing it for wild encounters and hatching eggs.
Now I'm trying to hit a seed that requires a keypress, namely R

After a couple of tries I noticed that the results I got weren't on my seed at all, so I read into it and noticed a few places mentioning that the timer0 might go up by 1 if you have a keypress.
So far, my timer0 has pretty much always been C7A.

I've went back to the ds parameter search calibration phase (catching wild pokes and checking IVs/etc) while selecting keypress R. Now I have no problem getting the same result over and over, but each time I do I receive two results

Actual seconds VCount Timer0 GxStat VFrame
17 60 C73 6 C
17 60 C7A 6 8

The lower result are the parameters I usually work with and always had success with (no keypresses). The top result is new.

Now what confuses me is that I thought having a keypress would increase your timer0 by 1, but shouldn't it be C7B then? Why C73?

And if C73 isn't the one I'm actually hitting, then I don't understand why I can't hit the actual seed I'm going for (asking for keypress R) with C7A at all.

I hope someone understands my issue.
Keypresses have nothing to do with Timer0, it's part luck and part the exact timing of when you start the game. Do it a few more times, and try adjusting slightly the timing of what part of the second you press A on.

As for the C73 result, that's probably a fluke, considering the VFrame value is also way off.
I am currently wondering if the current version of RNG reporter is bugged or broken some how - if at least in a few aspects. Fairly new, but I have managed quite well so far and wish to throw a little issue/question out there.

First of all with my experiences so far - I have been able to flawlessly generate stationary pokemon and wild pokemon (Well, IV's at least. Haven't gotten around to specific species - natures less so considering that I have a synchronizer for nearly any useful nature)

Now comes the next problem - What do the starter pokemon count as? I can't test them as effectively - mainly because you cant view natures or such in Black and White while in battle (which is dissapointing) - and because I am not going to delete my black file to test it out.

I am also unable to find out where I am landing for Trainer IDs in Pandora's boxes "Seed Finder" - it doesn't seem to work AT ALL. I crunch in the time I entered along with my ID and it returns nothing at all - even when I have absurd random variables like min seconds 0 max seconds 59 and min/max frames of 0-100 set.

-Somewhat unrelated question---
I have noticed that my timer0 when not using Aeon timer is constistantly C7C, yet when I use Aeon Timer its C7B most of the time - and way more unreliable. Is this normal?
Starters are Gift Pokémon.

What version of RNG Reporter are you using? I remember Pandora's Box being bugged in some of them.

As I said above, Timer0 is somewhat dependent on the timing you use to start the game, so yes, that is normal.

Starters are Gift Pokémon.

What version of RNG Reporter are you using? I remember Pandora's Box being bugged in some of them.

As I said above, Timer0 is somewhat dependent on the timing you use to start the game, so yes, that is normal.
I am currently using the most recent version 9.95. Is there a link to a version that has it working? I am wanting to see if I can RNG an id and/or a shiny starter for my white version along with a specific nature and IV spread.

voodoo pimp said:
Where are you trying to get the Wonder Card? Most Pokémon Centers have moving NPCs in them that throw off your frame. Do it at the Pokémon League if you can, I know that one is safe.

If it still doesn't work, look at the IVs you got and compare them to the frames in the main window of RNG Reporter. If it matches a nearby frame, then you just need to adjust your Chatters accordingly. If it doesn't, you probably hit the wrong Timer0.
I was originally using the Opelucid pokemon center due to the low number of NPCs within, which don't really move, so I ended up getting the same results at the league.

I tried to find a nearby frame, and to my surprise, none of the frames that contained the IVs of the Keldeo I've been getting contain the date or the keypress I've been using. If the timer0 is the issue, I haven't a clue where I'm going wrong; I've check my parameters several times and have determined each of the timer0s that accompany them, yet none of them yield the results that I've been getting, e.g., the keypress I've been using is B, yet the only ones that come up are Start, and the date I've been using is 1/5/12, yet the only dates that come up that are even relatively close to that are 1/1/12 and 1/8/12.

I would like to ask something? Is it possible with an Action Replay to set the values and seeds and timers to specifics values? (I do apologize in advance for asking this because I have never looked at Ranging before.)

On a similar note, does the WiFi random battles confirm legal/legit Pokemon? I want to be able to double check everything (including some Pokemon that I have traded with other players to ensure they are valid too.)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I would like to ask something? Is it possible with an Action Replay to set the values and seeds and timers to specifics values? (I do apologize in advance for asking this because I have never looked at Ranging before.)

On a similar note, does the WiFi random battles confirm legal/legit Pokemon? I want to be able to double check everything (including some Pokemon that I have traded with other players to ensure they are valid too.)
Probably not, and if it is that would be considered hacking, which is agaisnt the rules...syou can just use pokecheck.com to confirm the legalicity of pokemon

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I was originally using the Opelucid pokemon center due to the low number of NPCs within, which don't really move, so I ended up getting the same results at the league.

I tried to find a nearby frame, and to my surprise, none of the frames that contained the IVs of the Keldeo I've been getting contain the date or the keypress I've been using. If the timer0 is the issue, I haven't a clue where I'm going wrong; I've check my parameters several times and have determined each of the timer0s that accompany them, yet none of them yield the results that I've been getting, e.g., the keypress I've been using is B, yet the only ones that come up are Start, and the date I've been using is 1/5/12, yet the only dates that come up that are even relatively close to that are 1/1/12 and 1/8/12.
How exactly are you getting those numbers? Are you sure you're using the correct method?

Can you post a screenshot?

Im trying to learn how to RNG shiny stationary legendaries. In the RNG reporter got a frame of 78 and a shiny frame of 85. Do I advance these frame two different ways (use both chatots and steps) or is this information telling me I can get a shiny on frame 85 while forgoing the perfect IV spread thats on frame 78?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Im trying to learn how to RNG shiny stationary legendaries. In the RNG reporter got a frame of 78 and a shiny frame of 85. Do I advance these frame two different ways (use both chatots and steps) or is this information telling me I can get a shiny on frame 85 while forgoing the perfect IV spread thats on frame 78?
There's two different frames. If I'm understanding you correctly, 78 is the IV frame. You should basically never use an IV frame higher than 1, not only is it a pain in the ass to advance it but you also will probably advance past your shiny PID frame in the process.

voodoo pimp said:
How exactly are you getting those numbers? Are you sure you're using the correct method?

Can you post a screenshot?

I then tested this with the time and date, and ended up with a Jolly Keldo with 0-4 HP IVs, 10-15 Atk IVs, 7-13 Def IVs, 0-1 Sp Atk IVs, 17 Sp Def IVs, and 11-17 Speed IVs. I then input those numbers and got these results:

The results are nothing alike, leading to my confusion.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
You only searched with one Timer0 value, so most likely you just hit an adjacent Timer0 (either C7E or C80). Just try again, it should work eventually.

Okay so I'm trying to get back to RNG abusing, but problem is that some exclusive Pokemon exist only on White version. The problem is that I'm using an Acekard 2i for White. What's worse is I have lost all the info I had to RNG abusing successfully on my flash cart.

I need help on finding the parameters, any of them fluctuating, etc. I know it is possible because I have done this in the past. I'm using a DSi, although is there any difference as I know acekard runs on DS/lite mode? (Or should I put it as "DSi/XL" in RNG reporter?)

Hello, I tried my hand at RNG and looked for a Shiny pokemon. the IVs are correct on my RNG'd mon but it isn't shiny. anyone know what the issue is?
EDIT:Also, the Gender and Encounter was wrong.
More info: I encountered the mon with Sweet Scent

Did you advance to the correct PID frame (the PID frame determines the gender/nature/encounter/shiny, the IV frame determines the IVs)? You advance the PID frame by saving (advances by 1) or using Chatot's chatter. The latter is recommended since it's faster. Record a custom chatter. Then, everytime you view Chatot's summary, the frame advances by 1.

Your target PID frame should be listed in the Time Finder. But to find out your starting PID frame (so you can determine how many advances you need to do), copy the seed. Then go to RNG Reporter's main window and change the method to Method 5 PID RNG. Then paste the seed in the right spot. Finally, click calculate initial PIDRNG frame and it will show your starting frame. Number of advances = Target frame - Starting frame.

If there are NPCs, you'll have to find your Shifted Starting frame. You do this by hitting your seed and sweet scenting right away. Check the IVs of your Pokemon. If they're correct, check the nature/gender/ability/encounter slot. Then, back on the main window of Reporter, click generate to see the PID frames. Match the details of the Pokemon you just caught to a frame listed. That's your shifted starting frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)