5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

at what point are kyurem-b's iv's set? is it when you engage in battle just after it has fused, when you cannot use pokeballs? or in a later battle (i presume you actually get a chance to capture it further on).

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
at what point are kyurem-b's iv's set? is it when you engage in battle just after it has fused, when you cannot use pokeballs? or in a later battle (i presume you actually get a chance to capture it further on).
The later battle, where you get the chance to capture him normally. When you capture him, he's just regular Kyurem at that point.

I seem to be having some difficulty with RNGing on my White. This is not the first time I have RNG'd eggs, but it is the first time I'm trying to RNG a shiny egg with someone else's TID/SID combination.

I seem to be having PID issues. Because my friend who is using the most recent of RNG reporter and getting the same results, I'm going to include all my calibrations in order to hopefully figure out what is wrong.

Game: English White 1
Version: 9.96 Alpha #16 (XP user) // 9.96.2 (a Friend's)
Ds Model: DS Lite
Mac Address: 1656CE9D5C
VCount: 60
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8
Timer0: C7F / C80 (C7F is the far more common one, and the one used in the search)
TID/SID: 03829 / 36751
Friend's TID/SID: 47918 / 00036

Seed: 04303E4E64211099
Target Frame: 69

Time Finder Screenshot
Main RNG Reporter Window Screenshot
Result of Frame 69

Parents: Father & "Mother". Mother held the everstone.

I am quite baffled at how this came to be about. I did my normal method of obtaining the eggs to get a SSF(chatter twice, then see where I end up). I had the characteristics/gender/ability/general IVs for two frames in this list, and adjusted my chatter count accordingly so I can hit it.(Had to 14 chatot flips, nothing too bad.) I didn't upload those fails to Pokecheck as I never had an issue where I'd hit the exact IV frame and got a different PID.

Then, I hatch her. While I can't speak for her shininess as I was making sure I hit the right seed before I sent her off(probably wouldn't be), she certainly had the wrong PID and wrong gender. Her characteristic is also wrong. Only thing spot on were the IVs. I checked my adjacent seeds, and couldn't find anything like her.

Is there something I'm doing seriously wrong to get that result? My friend who taught me how to RNG used the latest version and had the same hits as I did in that version. Also, I guess I'm forced to pick a new seed and pray for the best that I don't get PID trolled again?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is it just me, or for BW2 is the initial PIDRNG frame not matching what RNGReporter says it should be? I've gotten some extremely oddball results. Crazy things like the actual PIDRNG frame hit being +30 to +100 from what RNGReporter says it should be, without NPC interference even.
It's accurate. The problem is some places, such as the starting town, have a ton of NPCs advancing the PIDRNG very rapidly.

Hey so I was having a problem in version 9.6.1 that I hoped would be fixed in 9.6.2, but it was not. After checking the development notes I found that the bug is known, the discrepancy between the main page and time finder frames for Wondercard. However it appears you do not know the cause and I think I have found it out. I edited my profile and unclicked the memory link checkbox and the discrepancy went away, the two frames matched. It appears the main page is not correctly taking memory link into account even in the black and white 2 button is checked. Hope this helps.
Yep that's exactly it. I'm adding a memory link check box for the next version. I've been meaning to do that since alphas long ago but never gotten around to it.

I seem to be having some difficulty with RNGing on my White. This is not the first time I have RNG'd eggs, but it is the first time I'm trying to RNG a shiny egg with someone else's TID/SID combination.
International breeding doesn't work based off the hatcher's TID it's based off your TID. Get parents from the same game and do normal breeding.

I'm about 90% sure that at least German White 2 is wrong maybe Black 2 as well. I'll try to get that fixed as soon as possible.
Seconds can be off by 1 or 2 seconds from when you actually start the game so it's possible the other seed is right. Check for consistent results.
EDIT:
Yep German White 2 was wrong. 9.96.3 will fix it.
Thanks for clearing that up! At least I don't need to waste my time until you fix it! Thanks again !

Rng crashes when hit parameter search

Hi
When i want to calibrate and hit search in parameter finder my rng just crashes, same happened with last versiono of rng.

If I choose BW version it doesnt crash, just BW2.
Unfortunately I only own german White 2.
Tried to open as admin...
I read in other post that people dont have the same error so what exactly am I doing wrong?
Why does it only crash when I chose version BW2?
Please help

guys! what's the earliest location where you can find your parameters in B2? By that I mean, a place without wandering NPCs ^

Thank you ^.^
With 6 rare candies, you can do it in the first accessed route.
You'll have to trade the rare candies and a sweet scenter from another game, but it works, assuming that you encounter a level 4 pokémon. Otherwise, just retry until you find a level 4 pokémon.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
That's the thing, I was getting somewhat random PIDRNG advances in an area (Kyurem's cave) that has no NPCs.
Others have confirmed the same thing, no idea why. I'll look into it more when I reach that party of the game. I'm pretty sure though that place is causing the PIDRNG advancements somehow.

Hi
If I choose BW version it doesnt crash, just BW2.
Unfortunately I only own german White 2.
Tried to open as admin...
I read in other post that people dont have the same error so what exactly am I doing wrong?
Why does it only crash when I chose version BW2?
Please help
German White 2 is not supported in 9.96.2. Wait for the next release which will support it.

slash what does the memory link check box in the latest rng reporter affect..... when i click memory link(profile and main window) and generate i get results and when i uncheck nothing changes.....(tried 5th gen pid and wondercard 5th gen) so what does it affect....

EDIT: another thing is when searching for hidden grotto seeds ,i cant copy the seed (no menu appear when right clicked on the seed).if i press Ctrl+c it copies the whole details..(timer0,slot num....gender etc... )

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
iirc Memory Link just alters the initial starting frames (making them lower), as well as changing some DR seeds.

iirc Memory Link just alters the initial starting frames (making them lower), as well as changing some DR seeds.
well,,, shouldnt it shift by one frame when we click generate when the memory link check box is checked/unchecked :/ but nothing changes it stays the same....

In the profile manager go file -> save and save profiles.xml somewhere that your program does have access to. It shouldn't save to system32 but because of how some antiviruses work they make the program incorrectly detect what folder RNG Reporter is running in. [/QUOTE said:
There is no "file" option in the Profile Manager that I can find

Edit: I found it; I was using last week's RNG Reporter

well,,, shouldnt it shift by one frame when we click generate when the memory link check box is checked/unchecked :/ but nothing changes it stays the same....
Did you try the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button after (un)checking, or only the Generate one?

Ok, so I've been trying to abuse for a Kyurem in White 2 with a Modest nature and a 31/30/31/31/31/31 spread. My initial frame is 57 and the target frame is 65, and I've been advancing the frame using Chatots. I've managed to get the correct IVs multiple times, but the nature is always wrong. Is there something in Kyurem's location that advances the PIDRNG? I'm definitely counting the Chatot advances correctly... Any help?

Ok, so I've been trying to abuse for a Kyurem in White 2 with a Modest nature and a 31/30/31/31/31/31 spread. My initial frame is 57 and the target frame is 65, and I've been advancing the frame using Chatots. I've managed to get the correct IVs multiple times, but the nature is always wrong. Is there something in Kyurem's location that advances the PIDRNG? I'm definitely counting the Chatot advances correctly... Any help?
I've heard that something weird goes on with the initial PID frame in the Giant Chasm. When you do your PID advancements, catch Kyurem and if it has the correct IVs check the nature you got. Then go to Reporter's main window and generate the PID frames. See which frame you hit and how far off you were from your target, then adjust the number of PID advancements you did.

Edit: Or you could do what Hozu said but I like my way better since I'm not very good at picking out Chatot's pitches.

Yes something is with the PIDRNG there. Use pitches to verify your PIDRNG frame.
I've heard that something weird goes on with the initial PID frame in the Giant Chasm. When you do your PID advancements, catch Kyurem and if it has the correct IVs check the nature you got. Then go to Reporter's main window and generate the PID frames. See which frame you hit and how far off you were from your target, then adjust the number of PID advancements you did.

Edit: Or you could do what Hozu said but I like my way better since I'm not very good at picking out Chatot's pitches.
Just got the Kyurem I wanted. Thanks!

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
slash what does the memory link check box in the latest rng reporter affect..... when i click memory link(profile and main window) and generate i get results and when i uncheck nothing changes.....(tried 5th gen pid and wondercard 5th gen) so what does it affect....

EDIT: another thing is when searching for hidden grotto seeds ,i cant copy the seed (no menu appear when right clicked on the seed).if i press Ctrl+c it copies the whole details..(timer0,slot num....gender etc... )
Only certain seeds are altered at all by memory link. The hollow part is a bug, I'll fix that.

How much does the Timer0 typically waver in Black2??
A lot, though it depends on what game you're playing and using an external timer to start your game helps a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)