5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I could still need some help with RNGing Tornadus. I've tried to catch Tornadus 2 sec earlier than the Reporter said to see what IVs it had. But it was the same as the ones at the time, then I've tried to catch the flawless one, that means same IVs and same nature? Is there a difference between catching Tornadus before or after the Liga?

so i've been trying a new timer0 seed to rng my genesect after seeing the advice above, and i've been hitting adjacent seeds consistently. The thing is, the adjacent seed i keep hitting has the exact same values as the seed i want for my flawless genesect. The frame number is the same, the date and time is the same, the timer0 is the same. Only difference is the seed. So the thing is, is it a 50:50 chance to hit the seed i need? Because there is only one adjacent seed with the same timer0 of the seed i need to hit. or is there some other factor leading to me repeatedly hitting this adjacent seed?

edit: i just checked and the seed i keep hitting has the same seed number as the one im supposed to hit. is this a bug or something?

Though I understand it's broken in the current release, does RNG Reporter's Unova Link calibration feature require you to have a current save file like in PPRNG?

so i've been trying a new timer0 seed to rng my genesect after seeing the advice above, and i've been hitting adjacent seeds consistently. The thing is, the adjacent seed i keep hitting has the exact same values as the seed i want for my flawless genesect. The frame number is the same, the date and time is the same, the timer0 is the same. Only difference is the seed. So the thing is, is it a 50:50 chance to hit the seed i need? Because there is only one adjacent seed with the same timer0 of the seed i need to hit. or is there some other factor leading to me repeatedly hitting this adjacent seed?

edit: i just checked and the seed i keep hitting has the same seed number as the one im supposed to hit. is this a bug or something?
any1 can help?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. The only thing I can think of is you went one frame too far.

For example:

66 Low Timid 15 8 31 31 31 31
67 High Bashful 8 31 31 31 31 31
68 Mid-High Hasty 31 31 31 31 31 31

When flipping the Chatots, you want to hit where the pitch says high on Frame 67 and not on 68, as getting the High Pitch from Chatot "uses" frame 67 already and will use Frame 68 for the next action.

If that's not the case, you're going to need to be more specific and maybe put in a picture to make it more clear.

I posted this in the most generation RNG helpthread before I noticed the 5th gen rng help page.. so i will c/p it here. a mod can delete one if they feel it is necessary, my apologies

Here is my problem. I am playing Pokemon Black, and am currently trying to RNG a shiny Woobat

I am using a Synch and have it as my lead. I am doing the proper keypress and starting my game at the correct time (as I start it 1 second before and have RNGed non-shiny pokemon) and my Timer0 is correct. There are also not any roaming NPCs (I am in Wellspring Cave). My Shiny Frame is 58, and I have 2 Chatots, I go back and forth counting to 58 chatter cries and then use Sweet Scent. If I find a Swoobat, it is not shiny and does not have the desired IVs. Can anyone help me determine what the issue might be?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I posted this in the most generation RNG helpthread before I noticed the 5th gen rng help page.. so i will c/p it here. a mod can delete one if they feel it is necessary, my apologies

Here is my problem. I am playing Pokemon Black, and am currently trying to RNG a shiny Woobat

I am using a Synch and have it as my lead. I am doing the proper keypress and starting my game at the correct time (as I start it 1 second before and have RNGed non-shiny pokemon) and my Timer0 is correct. There are also not any roaming NPCs (I am in Wellspring Cave). My Shiny Frame is 58, and I have 2 Chatots, I go back and forth counting to 58 chatter cries and then use Sweet Scent. If I find a Swoobat, it is not shiny and does not have the desired IVs. Can anyone help me determine what the issue might be?
First off, if you're not getting the right IVs, you're not hitting your seed.

Second, you don't need to do 58 chatters; copy the seed in the main page of the reporter, select the correct type of RNG (Gen 5 PIDRNG), select that you have a syncronizer and the nature of it, fill out the ID/SID, and then on the right of the reporter click on Calculate initial PIDRNG, click generate.

The frame that appears on top will be your starting frame, and you just need to advance from there.

Okay, I didn't realize that.. that explains a lot. I will give all of that a try and get back to you on the results!

e]Starting Frame is 47 so that does mean 47 Chatot Chatters, correct? Or do I have to walk 128 x 46steps? Just don't want to make continuous errors.

Okay, I didn't realize that.. that explains a lot. I will give all of that a try and get back to you on the results!

e]Starting Frame is 47 so that does mean 47 Chatot Chatters, correct? Just don't want to make continuous errors.
It means you need 11 more to hit frame 58.

Oh.. so I only need to chatter 11 times.. my mind was not thinking of it like that. I appreciate it!

It worked! I'm so happy!

Ok, interesting, after some tests on other dates and times, I've found out that Tornadus has always the same IVs and nature. What does this mean? I'm a bit confused.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, interesting, after some tests on other dates and times, I've found out that Tornadus has always the same IVs and nature. What does this mean? I'm a bit confused.
Tornadus is seeded right after you encounter it when exiting the old lady's house. In other words, if it is already roaming, the IVs and nature are already set.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Darn it... someway to change this?
You can re-generate it by KOing it and beating Alder, but since its IVs are set at the end of that battle (where the frame has been advancing at 120 fps), it's basically impossible to do on a retail cart. Your only other option is to restart the game.

That's annoying, I guess I'll just catch it how it is... but it is right, that a roamer can mess with the RNG results of other mons?

The Timer0 value is very obviously a millisecond count of when the DS game is launched.

Is there a better timer program than EON Timer? EON Timer beeps as warning you are approaching your time but to hit Timer0 values... I am looking for one that beeps when time is up and ONLY when time is up.

Never mind... found the gear button for adjusting settings. This should help a lot having it only beep the moment it hits the mark as well as flash.

Is the Heatran in Reversal Mountain shiny-blocked or something? I checked my SID via Pokecheck, checked the frame it was on, it had the correct IVs and timer0, but it does not appear to be shiny. Unless my SID is wrong, help?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is the Heatran in Reversal Mountain shiny-blocked or something? I checked my SID via Pokecheck, checked the frame it was on, it had the correct IVs and timer0, but it does not appear to be shiny. Unless my SID is wrong, help?
Also, check if you were actually hitting the correct PID frame.

I am trying to RNG a wild pokemon
and even tho i am correctly entering the game at the right time,
i keep getting the incorrect seed.

The timer0 It says im calibrated with is C7B

After getting the exact same wrong pokemon for a while
i checked adjacent seeds and it is that what I am hitting
the adjacent seed uses timer0 of C7C

does anyone know how I can go around this problem
or do i have to recalibrate?

thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)