5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hmmm, in fact that was just me mis-selecting in the Time Finder. I probably scrolled too hard and my research was made for Roaming Pokemons, which explains why the IV frame was off.

I now have another, more simple problem: is anything advancing your PID Frame at the top of Dragonspiral Tower ? Because I got a flawless Zekrom, but with a nature which is off by 12 frames (and although I'm not superconfident with myself, I think I didn't chatter 46 times instead of 34).

EDIT: Tried to compensate for the 12 frames, but ended with a nature which is not even listed in the PIDRNG list for about 100 frames forward. Lost.
Can you post a screenshot of what RNG Reporter is showing, along with the specific results you got?

Here is the main window of RNGReporter with the SEED I'm aiming for and the natures, along with the natures I can reach on higher frames:

I caught a flawless Hasty Zekrom with 22 chatot advances (no Hasty nature before frame 200 or something), and a Rash one with 34 advances.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
And you're certain the Hasty one was flawless? If so, I have no idea why that is. Might be some weird PID advancement, might be a bug in Reporter, might be that Reshiram/Zekrom have their own special method now. But can't you just use a Synchronize mon to get the nature you want?

And you're certain the Hasty one was flawless? If so, I have no idea why that is. Might be some weird PID advancement, might be a bug in Reporter, might be that Reshiram/Zekrom have their own special method now. But can't you just use a Synchronize mon to get the nature you want?
Yes he is frustratingly flawless I'm afraid. Until this matter can be solved, I think I'm going to use a Synch to bypass the issue. Thanks a lot for your help anyway :)

Shii

zap
If it helps any I'm doing Cobalion, so I doubt that's the case do to their not being any NPC's. Just so I know I'm doing this whole process right:

1. Using Time Finder to search for desired spread
  2. Inputting the seed given into the MAIN RNG window and then pressing the 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame
  3. Setting the time so that I hit the date given from the Time Finder window
  4. Then it's just a matter of advancing the frame to what is needed (if it's needed at all) and running into Cobalion.

Ya I'm already doing all that. So I don't know where it is I'm going wrong.
Hey kid :>

Are you doing this in BW1? If so, there aren't any NPCs in the cave. kiddu was prolly referring to BW2 Cobalion which is on a route with some NPCs. In any case, if you're doing this in the first BW games then you seem to be doing it right. But if you're doing this in BW2 then you need to check the BW2 checkbox in the main window of RNG reporter because there is a slight frame discrepancy between the first BW games and the new ones. Also, I do recommend (if you aren't already) using Chatots to advance the PID frames since you can also check your seed that way.

Also, voodoo, you have the first post on page 666. I think you're doomed.

Hey kid :>

Are you doing this in BW1? If so, there aren't any NPCs in the cave. kiddu was prolly referring to BW2 Cobalion which is on a route with some NPCs. In any case, if you're doing this in the first BW games then you seem to be doing it right. But if you're doing this in BW2 then you need to check the BW2 checkbox in the main window of RNG reporter because there is a slight frame discrepancy between the first BW games and the new ones. Also, I do recommend (if you aren't already) using Chatots to advance the PID frames since you can also check your seed that way.

Also, voodoo, you have the first post on page 666. I think you're doomed.
Haha it seems the grasshopper has surpassed the Master :P Thanks I finally figured it out and ya I'm already using the Chatot's and figured out the pitch determines it lol THANK THE LORD. Thank you though. GET ON MSN MORE OFTEN BTW

I really don't get what I'm doing wrong... I'm always getting the same wrong Tornadus and it isn't even listed in the adjacent seed tool...
If I'm targeting the time 10:32:13, it means I must start my game at 10:32:05 with a 3DS. Am I right?

Hi, I have some questions regarding the differences between BW/B2W2 and RNG Reporter 9.95/9.96. I only have B2 and Windows XP (i.e. I'm stuck on RR 9.95 for now) which seems like the worst of both worlds wrt the 5th gen. :[

I know RNG breeding is out of the question and I know RNGing grotto Pokemon is also impossible w/o the latest RR (this includes RNGing for IVs/nature on a Pokemon already spawned, correct?).

How about Entralink, Wondercard, and stationary legendaries? Can I RNG for those on B2 with only RR 9.95? I'm asking because Shii mentions a slight frame discrepancy between BW and B2W2 above and I'm not seeing an option to check off a B2W2 box in RR 9.95. So am I completely helpless trying RNG stuff before an XP-compatible update to RR comes out?

How about Entralink, Wondercard, and stationary legendaries? Can I RNG for those on B2 with only RR 9.95? I'm asking because Shii mentions a slight frame discrepancy between BW and B2W2 above and I'm not seeing an option to check off a B2W2 box in RR 9.95. So am I completely helpless trying RNG stuff before an XP-compatible update to RR comes out?
No, you can't, and yes, you are.

The wondering NPC's when breeding will only ADVANCE your frame never decrease it right? In other words if I'm not landing on the right frame because of the NPC's that means I'm hitting a higher frame than I'm supposed to?

Also just to make sure I'm doing the process right.

In the 5th Gen Time Finder Egg tab I'm selecting the desired spread along with making sure I click international (since one of the pokemon is from a japanese game) then when it comes out with a usable spread I enter the Seed from that result into the MAIN RNG window making sure to select the (BW, International) tab then finally pressing the 'Calculate Initial Seed'. Finally I'm hitting generate to show the frames that are supposed to be generated from that seed in which I should be able to tell which frame I'm hitting by searching those results correct?

I know it's long but I wanted to be sure I'm following the steps correctly.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
The wondering NPC's when breeding will only ADVANCE your frame never decrease it right? In other words if I'm not landing on the right frame because of the NPC's that means I'm hitting a higher frame than I'm supposed to?

Also just to make sure I'm doing the process right.

In the 5th Gen Time Finder Egg tab I'm selecting the desired spread along with making sure I click international (since one of the pokemon is from a japanese game) then when it comes out with a usable spread I enter the Seed from that result into the MAIN RNG window making sure to select the (BW, International) tab then finally pressing the 'Calculate Initial Seed'. Finally I'm hitting generate to show the frames that are supposed to be generated from that seed in which I should be able to tell which frame I'm hitting by searching those results correct?

I know it's long but I wanted to be sure I'm following the steps correctly.
Yup, they just advance the frame ^.^

On the bolded part, did you mean Initial PIDRNG? if that's so everything seems about right.

Yup, they just advance the frame ^.^

On the bolded part, did you mean Initial PIDRNG? if that's so everything seems about right.
Okay awesome and WOOPS yes I did mean 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame' so as far as everything else I should just see what frame I keep landing on and adjust accordingly?

When hitting your frame for BW breeding will the frames fluctuate a bit? I'm getting a difference of 1-2 frames each time. Should I just keep resetting until I get lucky and land on the proper initial frame?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
When hitting your frame for BW breeding will the frames fluctuate a bit? I'm getting a difference of 1-2 frames each time. Should I just keep resetting until I get lucky and land on the proper initial frame?
There's no such thing as proper initial frame; this will always change depending on the current save state /where npcs were located last time you saved.

To hit the frame you want just use the folowing formula: Total advancements= Target frame-frame hit

Where frame hit is the frame that corresponts to the pokemon you received while making zero advances, yet opening and closing the menu before talking to the delivery man.

There's no such thing as proper initial frame; this will always change depending on the current save state /where npcs were located last time you saved.

To hit the frame you want just use the folowing formula: Total advancements= Target frame-frame hit

Where frame hit is the frame that corresponts to the pokemon you received while making zero advances, yet opening and closing the menu before talking to the delivery man.
I worded that completely wrong. O_o I meant the proper TARGET FRAME I know the initial frame will change depending on the NPC's I think the better question would have been whether or not the initial frame changes every time you load up the game. Basically this is what's going on:

Target Frame: 103
Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame: 43

I played around with the pitch's so I only advanced 55 rather than 60 and landed on frame 106 which would mean the next time I should advance 52 but then I landed on 105...so I should assume my initial frame is fluctuating :/

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I worded that completely wrong. O_o I meant the proper TARGET FRAME I know the initial frame will change depending on the NPC's I think the better question would have been whether or not the initial frame changes every time you load up the game. Basically this is what's going on:

Target Frame: 103
Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame: 43

I played around with the pitch's so I only advanced 55 rather than 60 and landed on frame 106 which would mean the next time I should advance 52 but then I landed on 105...so I should assume my initial frame is fluctuating :/
Naw, is probably a npc located in a position where even the smallest of difference [in timing] in pulling up and down the menu between tries, makes him to move or stay static. Just save and try again; it should now start from another position making the process more predictable

Naw, is probably a npc located in a position where even the smallest of difference [in timing] in pulling up and down the menu between tries, makes him to move or stay static. Just save and try again; it should now start from another position making the process more predictable
Perseverance paid off! Got it!! Lol ya well the point it I can get a better gist of it now. Time to practice some more. Thanks again, I really appreciate it :)

Okay so after a lot of tmier0 trolling I finally got my perfect Genesect. I restarted my game to do the same and I noticed that there is one particular spread that shows up fairly often while my target one has yet to show up again. I think I screwed up my timer0 in my calibration, is there a way to use this Genesect spread to find a more common timer0 or do I just need to restart my calibration process?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 31)