Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm attempting to start RNGing in Gen 4 (Diamond), after having had a reasonable amount of success in Gen 5. As a Mac user, I found it easier to track down a DS Lite for second-hand watching instead of getting set up with Eon Timer, so I'm now using RNG Reporter and Eon Timer for the first time.

While attempting to calibrate Eon Timer, I'm running into a problem where the secondary timer always ends up too short for me to get from game-launch to the savefile loading screen. Here's a sample scenario, one of many that played out extremely similar over the last four hours:

1. Reset Eon Timer to "Calibrated" values of 600 / 15
  2. I enter my target delay and seconds: 608 and 35 (found with RNG Reporter, see below)
  3. Set the DS time and start Eon Timer simultaneously
  4. Turn the DS Lite back on and wait for the first set of beeps; launch Diamond on the last beep
  5. Mash 'A' to get to the loading screen
  6. Load the game as the last beep in the second set sounds
  7. Check flips: I actually hit 684
  8. Put '684' in the "Delay Hit" in Eon Timer and Update. Now the secondary timer is 13.85, which is about 1-1.5 seconds shorter than it actually takes me to get to the loading screen -- I can't get there in time. Calibrated Delay is 676, which makes sense since I was off (slow) by 76.

Regarding the seed I'm trying to hit: I used RNG Reporter, looking for a Method J Stationary Encounter, Mild 31/x/31/31/30+/31, in 2013 with a Delay of 600-610 and a Frame of 1-1000. It gave me a seed of D60E026D, and when I look in Seed To Times (year: 2013, second: 35), every delay is 608 no matter which of the dates I use. I've been attempting to use the first one, 2013-04-30 14:59:35. The game is saved one step shy of the encounter with Dialga.

I feel like I must be doing something obviously wrong, but I just spent an hour trying to search this thread and elsewhere and couldn't figure out my problem. Any suggestions?
Does anyone have an answer for this? I've been basically having the same exact problem, except with abusing my ID (with a delay of 5000). The second timer always ends up too short, even when I enter in my delay hit. I followed the onsite guide, but I just couldn't get eontimer to cooperate.
If someone could answer his question then I imagine it would help me too, thanks! :)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if it is normal or expected, but I got a method 4 Latios on Sapphire's Southern Island at the frame 797125.

Isn't it supposed to be always method 1 ?
In my experience, I have never come across a Method 4 Lati from Southern Island, even on Pokémon Box Ruby and Sapphire (I got Method 4 Regis and Rayquaza on there...). If you're using an emulator, consider using a more recent version. VBA 1.7.2 is known to exhibit that kind of behaviour...

Here's a screenshot of my issue with abusing my ID in Diamond:

(Sorry the text is kind of small)

I'm dead tired, so I only made a couple more attempts tonight. It's been a while since having to use a timer, but I assume enter the game at the end of the first timer, and press A after the intro at the end of the second timer.
Anyways, right off the bat I didn't have enough time with the second timer. It said I hit a delay of around 4100 and seconds were about 37, or something of that nature. I entered the delay hit into the timer and hit update. It seemed to be going well, since the second timer was increased and my "calibrated" delay went from 500 to 300. Still, with 94 seconds I still didn't have quite enough time, and came up with the result in the screenshot. I entered my delay hit and now the second timer is about what it was at the start of things. I know I'm missing something, if anyone could give me some insight that would be appreciated!

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
In my experience, I have never come across a Method 4 Lati from Southern Island, even on Pokémon Box Ruby and Sapphire (I got Method 4 Regis and Rayquaza on there...). If you're using an emulator, consider using a more recent version. VBA 1.7.2 is known to exhibit that kind of behaviour...
I've used VBA 1.7.2. Thank you for your quick answer :)

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Here's a screenshot of my issue with abusing my ID in Diamond:

(Sorry the text is kind of small)

I'm dead tired, so I only made a couple more attempts tonight. It's been a while since having to use a timer, but I assume enter the game at the end of the first timer, and press A after the intro at the end of the second timer.
Anyways, right off the bat I didn't have enough time with the second timer. It said I hit a delay of around 4100 and seconds were about 37, or something of that nature. I entered the delay hit into the timer and hit update. It seemed to be going well, since the second timer was increased and my "calibrated" delay went from 500 to 300. Still, with 94 seconds I still didn't have quite enough time, and came up with the result in the screenshot. I entered my delay hit and now the second timer is about what it was at the start of things. I know I'm missing something, if anyone could give me some insight that would be appreciated!
Well, I specifically state not to touch Calibrated delay and sec again once you input it unless you're doing DPPt ---> HGSS and vice versa. Why is it 807 in your screenshot? I think that might be the only thing that's going wrong here. Change it to 600 and you should get better results.

When I open eontimer it's default is 600, but once I start updating it with delays I've gotten in pandora's box the calibrated delay changes every time. And instead of helping me hit the correct seconds it makes it even worse.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is the first I've heard of this. I don't know why it's autoupdating in the latest version, but if you know someone who has the beta version that the guide uses when it was originally written, ask them for a copy, or maybe someone could link that version and I'll update the guide accordingly.

Trying to RNG a perfect Beldum egg. I have a few questions:
1. If I have two roamers active, what frame does it start on on? Is it 4 as per what the guide says, or is it 2 as per the RNG Reporter shows?
2. Is there a specific delay that's easier to hit? For example, I have 32 possible seeds for the IVs I want, and the delays range from 598 to 1913. Should I go higher or lower? I'm sticking to a target frame that's over 10 as the guide says to do.
3. The EonTimer is causing me a bit of a headache. Hitting 0:00 exactly is difficult for me, even with A/V mode selected. Does that just come with practice then?
4. I have tried several times prior to this, but I found something odd. When I chose a delay, for example 1505, and copied the seed to the clipboard, I opened the Seed to Time tool, but after entering everything in, I found my target delay was 1504- one less than my actual target. Is that a big problem, or is it nothing to worry about?

Sorry for sounding like a noob. I hope I don't disgust anyone with stupid questions.

Ok, so I was able to successfully abuse my ID in Platinum, but I'm confused about one thing regarding my "shiny" spreads. In the ID abuse guide you just search time finder for two matching spreads that should appear shiny in your game, correct? Only thing is, when I plug in my ID and SID and hit "shiny only" nothing appears, but when I uncheck it then I see my abused spreads. Is that normal or did I mess up somehow?

Ok, so I was able to successfully abuse my ID in Platinum, but I'm confused about one thing regarding my "shiny" spreads. In the ID abuse guide you just search time finder for two matching spreads that should appear shiny in your game, correct? Only thing is, when I plug in my ID and SID and hit "shiny only" nothing appears, but when I uncheck it then I see my abused spreads. Is that normal or did I mess up somehow?
Which spread is it that you wanted to be shiny?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Either you typed something in wrong or you abused the wrong ID/SID. Inputting the seed instead of the PID into Pandora's Box is a common mistake, for instance.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
What spread type did you abuse for, Method 1 or Method J?
You're supposed to abuse for a shiny Method 1 spread, which will then also show up in Method J.

voodoo pimp said:
Either you typed something in wrong or you abused the wrong ID/SID. Inputting the seed instead of the PID into Pandora's Box is a common mistake, for instance.
Well it's possible I did that, as I was not paying attention, probably. I'll just go back and re-do it all, hehe. Thanks for the help! c:

Fishaman P said:
What spread type did you abuse for, Method 1 or Method J? You're supposed to abuse for a shiny Method 1 spread, which will then also show up in Method J.
And yes, it was method 1. Thankfully I read that much. :P
I did not know it showed up with method J though?

Trying to RNG a perfect Beldum egg. I have a few questions:
1. If I have two roamers active, what frame does it start on on? Is it 4 as per what the guide says, or is it 2 as per the RNG Reporter shows?
2. Is there a specific delay that's easier to hit? For example, I have 32 possible seeds for the IVs I want, and the delays range from 598 to 1913. Should I go higher or lower? I'm sticking to a target frame that's over 10 as the guide says to do.
3. The EonTimer is causing me a bit of a headache. Hitting 0:00 exactly is difficult for me, even with A/V mode selected. Does that just come with practice then?
4. I have tried several times prior to this, but I found something odd. When I chose a delay, for example 1505, and copied the seed to the clipboard, I opened the Seed to Time tool, but after entering everything in, I found my target delay was 1504- one less than my actual target. Is that a big problem, or is it nothing to worry about?

Sorry for sounding like a noob. I hope I don't disgust anyone with stupid questions.
1) Remember your starting frame will be 1+ (# of active roamers). So since you have TWO active roamers your starting frame would be 1 + 2 = 3.
2) From my experience as long as you enter the delay into the Eon Timer their really shouldn't be any issue of a delay being either harder or easier.
3) That just takes a bit of getting used to. You'll eventually find a rhythm that suits you. I personally stick with 6 beeps before I have to hit A. Just go with what feels comfortable.
4) Just change the year by 1 to whatever makes the delay what you originally intended. For example a year of 2013 might give you 1504 but changing it to 2012 will change it to 1505. Just play with the years and you should find the desired delay.

Hopefully this answered all of your questions.

On another note. Chatot Chatters DO advance the IV frame for eggs correct? The updated guides sort of confused me because it doesn't SPECIFICALLY say to use Chatot chatters. Just wanted to clarify.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And yes, it was method 1. Thankfully I read that much. :P
I did not know it showed up with method J though?
Methods 1, J, and K are essentially variations of the same thing. They have the same IV/nature/PID relationship, but a particular spread may show up on different seeds/frames, require or not require Synchronize, etc.
On another note. Chatot Chatters DO advance the IV frame for eggs correct? The updated guides sort of confused me because it doesn't SPECIFICALLY say to use Chatot chatters. Just wanted to clarify.
The IV frame for eggs is exactly the same as for captures, including Chatot.

voodoo pimp said:
Methods 1, J, and K are essentially variations of the same thing. They have the same IV/nature/PID relationship, but a particular spread may show up on different seeds/frames, require or not require Synchronize, etc.
I abused my ID right this time, and now I see my shiny spreads in method 1/J, thanks! :)

i am clearly doing something very wrong on PPRNG for mac. i'm trying to rng a keldeo from the dude in the pokemon centre (a gift pokemon right?) and keep getting a result so disagreeable it isn't even listed in the adjacent seeds.

i get the same keldeo every time - rnging in the pokemon league - and it never matches with the iv & nature from the initial PID frame, or from anything adjacent.

what on earth could i be doing wrong?

i am clearly doing something very wrong on PPRNG for mac. i'm trying to rng a keldeo from the dude in the pokemon centre (a gift pokemon right?) and keep getting a result so disagreeable it isn't even listed in the adjacent seeds.

i get the same keldeo every time - rnging in the pokemon league - and it never matches with the iv & nature from the initial PID frame, or from anything adjacent.

what on earth could i be doing wrong?
I assume you are using IV's Standard method. RNGing pokemon like keldeo require the use of Wondercard Method. If you are playing BW2, Castelia City's pokemon center has no WNPC's that will advance the frame. Pokemon League's center is free of WNPC's as well on BW1.

When going for a Hoenn/Sinnoh Sounds Pokemon, like Bronzor, does changing the station to
'Pokemon Music' in order to change the sound advance the frame? Also when I get the sound to start playing do I just proceed as normal as if I were catching a wild Pokemon?

I'm trying to RNG a mixed Girantina in Platinum (which requires a Lonely Flawless spread) but the Timefinder isn't finding anything for lonely, I later found out there are no hexflawless Lonely spreads in Method J. Does this mean it is impossible to get a flawless lonely Girantina? (not counting Dream Radar)

Thanks!

Well, since you are going mixed why don't you try to generate HP Fire? We have found some good looking ones with 31/30/31/30/19/30 or 31/30/7/30/31/30? You won't get it flawless, but this is the best you can manage. If you really don't care about HP Fire, 31/31/23/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/26/31 or 31/31/29/31/29/31 are the best you can manage.

Edit: We have another one. 31/30/31/30/31/31 has a minimal loss of IVs and HP Grass is pretty much for free, albeit useless.

Well, since you are going mixed why don't you try to generate HP Fire? We have found some good looking ones with 31/30/31/30/19/30 or 31/30/7/30/31/30? You won't get it flawless, but this is the best you can manage. If you really don't care about HP Fire, 31/31/23/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/26/31 or 31/31/29/31/29/31 are the best you can manage.
Thanks for your feedback, I'm looking for one with Will-O-Wisp so I won't be using HP Fire. But I think I'm going to get a flawless one from Dream Radar since Origin keeps it's ability, it's a shame because I was willing to RNG my ID to get a shiny flawless one, but oh well :/

What is the difference between RNGing on a retail cart and on emulator? I want to try 3rd Gen abuse on emulator but can't find any guides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)