Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
A LEAFEON. With DIG. And POWER HERB.
what.
Nah, this is completely legit. When a Pokemon's movepool is so bad that you've got no other options, you have to work with what you've got. The silly thing is that somebody is using leafeon in OU. But if you absolutely have to tread those waters for whatever reason you choose, then dig is a viable option. For somebody who's offensive coverage ends at grass and bug (AND NATURAL GIFT!), you really can't complain when you see them using random stuff to work around what should counter them.

Tell me. Was heatran okay after that?

I've got my own addition. All those guys who use scarf Pokemon with setup moves. I'm talking rock polish scarf landorus, calm mind specs keldeo, and the like. I hate running into those because I can't tell whether or not my opponent made a legitimate team building mistake or if they're running some elaborate strategy to fool me into thinking that they aren't running a choiced set. The mentality makes...some sense but I will never respect that as a strategy. Especially since its usually a bad idea to just assume something is choiced anyway.

I shouldn't see scizor using sword's dance on the same turn that I knock off his choiced band. The same goes for assault vest Tyranitar using stealth rock on the turn after I knocked it off.

Unusual Ladder Sightings, take 3:

- Bellossom.
- Fire Fang Mega Houndoom without Dark Pulse.
- A Smeargle that used Belly Drum at 42% HP. No, it wasn't put there that turn, it started that turn at that HP and clicked Belly Drum anyway.
- So I spotted a player whose team was as follows: Dedenne / Rotom-Frost / Murkrow / Seaking / Spinda / Weezing. I'm honestly not sure if this was an intentional joke.
- When your opponent's team consists of 3 fliers, 2 Levitate mons, and Ferrothorn...maybe, just maybe, it might not be the best time to set up Sticky Web.
- Sunny Day Infernape.
- Drain Punch Gengar.
- Toxic Spikes Cloyster.
- Pidgeot.
- Camerupt.
- Body Slam Azumarill.
- Night Slash Aegislash.
- Another Ninjask. How do these people still not get that Scolipede exists and is better in every possible way?
- Rock Slide Aggron.
- Three more Dusclops. You know, this thing sucked in BW UU. Where Fighting-types were everywhere. Before the Knock Off buff. Before the buff to Ghost and Dark. Where the general power was lower. How people expect this to do anything in XY OU is completely beyond me.
- A Vaporeon that spammed Wish + Protect repeatedly...while Toxiced.
- A team consisting of Ampharos and Azumarill. That's it. Just Ampharos and Azumarill. It won the game, pushing the player past the 1100 mark.
- Lanturn.
- Light Screen / Amnesia Grumpig.
- Umbreon attempting to set up Curse on a Mega Garchomp, which went about as well as you'd expect.
- Aggron switching out of Talonflame...which uses Brave Bird.
- Shell Bell Clawitzer.
- Life Orb is nice and all...but generally not when it's on a Trevenant.
- If your opponent is using a heavily offensive mono-Dark team with no hazard setters, and you're a typical ladderer, who do you lead with? If you answered Espeon, you're a winner!

Nah, this is completely legit. When a Pokemon's movepool is so bad that you've got no other options, you have to work with what you've got. The silly thing is that somebody is using leafeon in OU. But if you absolutely have to tread those waters for whatever reason you choose, then dig is a viable option. For somebody who's offensive coverage ends at grass and bug (AND NATURAL GIFT!), you really can't complain when you see them using random stuff to work around what should counter them.
Leafeon's Gen 5 Learnset said:
Leafeon learns Knock Off from a gen 5 move tutor.

Random Shit volume 34: TGIF Edition
-Payback+Rocky Helmet Umbreon. It was surprisingly effective, KOing a Galvantula and forcing an X-zard to kill itself.
-Flamethrower+Shell Bell Dragonite.
-Psychic Chandelure. I have never figured out what people expect to hit with that. Weezing, perhaps? Because that's what this one got.
-Conkeldurr attempting to Focus Punch an Azumarill. Without using Substitute first.
-Bisharp using Low Kick on a Klefki.
-Said Klefki responding with Play Rough. It missed.
-Breloom trying to Toxic a Bisharp.
-Clefairy. With Leftovers.
-Frenzy Plant Chesnaught.
-Y-zard using Ancient Power on said Chesnaught as it was recharging.
-Special Dragonite (with no STAB moves revealed) against said Y-zard. It actually managed to land a Thunder and parahax it.
-Gengar using Toxic and Mega Punch against a Ferrothorn.
-Non Magic Guard Alakazam.
-Rotom-H using Thunderbolt against what I'm assuming, based on the damage it was doing, was an AV Goodra.
-Espeon dry-passing to a Samurott. Against an Infernape that had been spamming CC.
-What do you bring in against a Garchomp that's locked into Outrage? How about Blissey?
-Wooooooow: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-90521514
-Bringing in Florges against a Klinklang.
-Hypno. With Giga Impact.
-Giga Impact+Double-Edge non-mega Venusaur. It used those attacks against a Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn.
-Multiple instances of Fly Talonflame.
-A guy who found out the hard way what happens when you use Defog against a Bisharp.
-Someone mentioned in an earlier post about something using Belly Drum at 42%. Well, I can one-up that. Some Trevenant used Curse at 28%.
-In a Monotype Grass team, Vileplume, Cradily, Serperior, and Tangela.
-Well, that's one way to sweep with Galvantula: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-90522677

Also, can I just say that the Gen 6 music is awesome?

Hidden Power on Breloom, not sure what it was but it wasn't effective against the other Breloom (it was a Ditto) Might've been Dark or something.

today i fought a physical latios without dragon dance (its not even good with d dance) that flinched me to death with waterfall and special electivire. On the other hand I was using a jumpluff (to surprising effectiveness!)

Unusual Ladder Sightings, take 3:

- Aggron switching out of Talonflame...which uses Brave Bird.
Whats silly about this? aggron guy expects it to use a fire move? it using brave bird just seems like good prediction on the talonflame users part. seems more silly on the aggron users part if he had something that could ko and thought he could live

Random Shit volume 34: TGIF Edition
-Payback+Rocky Helmet Umbreon. It was surprisingly effective, KOing a Galvantula and forcing an X-zard to kill itself.
-Flamethrower+Shell Bell Dragonite.
-Psychic Chandelure. I have never figured out what people expect to hit with that. Weezing, perhaps? Because that's what this one got.
-Conkeldurr attempting to Focus Punch an Azumarill. Without using Substitute first.
-Bisharp using Low Kick on a Klefki.
-Said Klefki responding with Play Rough. It missed.
-Breloom trying to Toxic a Bisharp.
-Clefairy. With Leftovers.
-Frenzy Plant Chesnaught.
-Y-zard using Ancient Power on said Chesnaught as it was recharging.
-Special Dragonite (with no STAB moves revealed) against said Y-zard. It actually managed to land a Thunder and parahax it.
-Gengar using Toxic and Mega Punch against a Ferrothorn.
-Non Magic Guard Alakazam.
-Rotom-H using Thunderbolt against what I'm assuming, based on the damage it was doing, was an AV Goodra.
-Espeon dry-passing to a Samurott. Against an Infernape that had been spamming CC.
-What do you bring in against a Garchomp that's locked into Outrage? How about Blissey?
-Wooooooow: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-90521514
-Bringing in Florges against a Klinklang.
-Hypno. With Giga Impact.
-Giga Impact+Double-Edge non-mega Venusaur. It used those attacks against a Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn.
-Multiple instances of Fly Talonflame.
-A guy who found out the hard way what happens when you use Defog against a Bisharp.
-Someone mentioned in an earlier post about something using Belly Drum at 42%. Well, I can one-up that. Some Trevenant used Curse at 28%.
-In a Monotype Grass team, Vileplume, Cradily, Serperior, and Tangela.
-Well, that's one way to sweep with Galvantula: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-90522677

Also, can I just say that the Gen 6 music is awesome?
Only thing I can guess for the Chandelure with Psychic that is actually common and won't take more damage from another move = Mega Venusaur. Because that thing walls a majority of the game, it's not an entirely stupid idea.

Cradily is really good on the Grass Mono. It's neutral to flying and fire, and one of the only things that Grass gets that can survive an attack from Talonflame and do anything to it in return.

Whats silly about this? aggron guy expects it to use a fire move? it using brave bird just seems like good prediction on the talonflame users part. seems more silly on the aggron users part if he had something that could ko and thought he could live
Sorry, should have been more clear. This happened before Aggron had become mega, so it wasn't weak to Fire, and it had only just switched in so it had 100% health.

Even if it had been mega, there's the issue of Aggron's ridonkulous defense:

252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 153-181 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- 20.7% chance to 2HKO

Meanwhile:

252+ Atk burned Mega Aggron Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 336-396 (112.7 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So yeah, I stand by this scenario being really silly.

Sorry, should have been more clear. This happened before Aggron had become mega, so it wasn't weak to Fire, and it had only just switched in so it had 100% health.

Even if it had been mega, there's the issue of Aggron's ridonkulous defense:

252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 153-181 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- 20.7% chance to 2HKO

Meanwhile:

252+ Atk burned Mega Aggron Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 336-396 (112.7 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So yeah, I stand by this scenario being really silly.
ok yeah thats clearer XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)