Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

A fun, addicting game. It is almost fortunate that I can't keep playing, because I'm too stubborn/poor to pay to play. Almost.

Because otherwise, it really ruins the game.

Too bad that special event Pokémon don't stay until you actually catch them. I wasn't strong enough at the time to catch Rotom Wash, and I didn't wanna spend what few hearts I had on Rotom Fan. I missed out on all the other forms. Hopefully, they'll come back, once the Rich Meowth event has run it's course.

And the expert stages are a pain in the ass, I'm going to have to wait until my Pokémon are leveled up and powerful. Fortunately, Mew and even Kyogre were caught with too much fuss.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Do you know where we can find the missing mega stones ? Mega Charizard, Blastoise, Pidgeot ...
You can't, the 11 Mega Stones listed on Serebii's page are the only ones available right now. Which does make it unfortunate that numerous Eevee evolutions and every non-standard Rotom form bar Frost have a useless ability at the moment since type variety among Megas is dull.

Safe assumption is that they'll either distribute them through events like Kyogre or just add another wave of like 150 main stages or something in a future update to make them available. Since obviously having the Mega Stone slot there means they have plans to put them in eventually. That and there's already renders for all Megas/legendaries in the game as is, so...

Mega Glalie is a bitch, ok ?
I know what you mean. It is bad enough that he ends up freezing nearly the entire board, and infects the board with Snorunts. But did they have to add Glaceons?

So far, Mega Glalie has sponged up any attacks that I make while freezing the entire board, and limiting the moves I can make, and I've made the mistake of using the only jewel I had (why do they have to save when I use one?).

I think the only hope I have at this point is training my Pokémon to a high enough level that I can pummel M-Glalie even without making combos. I do have 20+ Pokémon that I haven't caught yet.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I know what you mean. It is bad enough that he ends up freezing nearly the entire board, and infects the board with Snorunts. But did they have to add Glaceons?

So far, Mega Glalie has sponged up any attacks that I make while freezing the entire board, and limiting the moves I can make, and I've made the mistake of using the only jewel I had (why do they have to save when I use one?).

I think the only hope I have at this point is training my Pokémon to a high enough level that I can pummel M-Glalie even without making combos. I do have 20+ Pokémon that I haven't caught yet.
Aside from catching and getting EXP for Pokémon (which is always a good idea), have you tried using the Disruption Delay item? It's incredibly useful against all Megas from basically Mawile onward since that's where they started to get disruption-happy, and completely stops them from doing anything for well over 5 turns (I want to say 8-10 or even more?). It's definitely worthwhile for the 1500 coins it costs and it ultimately helped me S rank the Mega stages when I went back to do that. Of course getting coins is a bit slower now that Mew no longer gives 1000 coins for beating it once each day but it's not as much of a coin sink as Complexity -1.

Reactions: JES
Aside from catching and getting EXP for Pokémon (which is always a good idea), have you tried using the Disruption Delay item? It's incredibly useful against all Megas from basically Mawile onward since that's where they started to get disruption-happy, and completely stops them from doing anything for well over 5 turns (I want to say 8-10 or even more?). It's definitely worthwhile for the 1500 coins it costs and it ultimately helped me S rank the Mega stages when I went back to do that. Of course getting coins is a bit slower now that Mew no longer gives 1000 coins for beating it once each day but it's not as much of a coin sink as Complexity -1.
No, I haven't. I'll try that the next time that I try that stage. I'll let you know if it did the trick. ;)

Edit: I have to also use 5+ Moves, but Disruption really helped me cause a lot of damage before things became really difficult. I won by the skin of my teeth.

Last edited:
I have been playing this game during my 20 minute lunch break between classes. I never really played trozee candy crush or anything else, and really only downloaded it because it was free and I wanted to take some club nintendo surveys to make up for me being a few points shy of the free eshop games.

Anyways, this is actually a really interesting. I like the rapid versions in the special section probably too much, and I'm still trying to figure out some things with how much training really matters (it seems like a slow process with only 1 game per half hour) as opposed to just rolling in with type advantages every time. Kind of sucks the pokemon can't evolve, but whatever.

Anyways... the point that I've come here is to ask if anyone has seen a noticeable difference in power between different levels of pokemon? Is there a point of me leveling up my weaker pokemon when I have one with the same kind of ability already at a higher level, besides just general esthetics? Also... does anyone know how scores are tabulated? I have been trying to up my score on the Lucario Mega Stone challenge and I'm not sure if I should just train my pokemon more to get more points for more damage or what.

Great game with a lot of depth for being a free-bee. Hopefully I can get some good strategies going once I figure things out more...

Been playing this game and I find it to be pretty enjoyable, although slightly annoying at times. I just finished Mega Mawile, and that only because I had moves +5 and Disruption delay. I'm now on mega Ampharos and...sigh.
My other big gripe is the delivery method of lucarionite. Seriously, top 20K out of who even knows how many players? I'd heard somewhere that it would be better if the jewel and mega stone rewards were reversed, and I totally agree.
Still, the game is way fun. Lucky catches, unlucky misses, etc. I find it to be pretty good and exciting. Also ButteredToast use the evolved mons for sure. The first few levels are fastish to level up and the power difference does get more noticeable, especially for 3 stage mons.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
Battle Stadium Head
I have been playing this game during my 20 minute lunch break between classes. I never really played trozee candy crush or anything else, and really only downloaded it because it was free and I wanted to take some club nintendo surveys to make up for me being a few points shy of the free eshop games.

Anyways, this is actually a really interesting. I like the rapid versions in the special section probably too much, and I'm still trying to figure out some things with how much training really matters (it seems like a slow process with only 1 game per half hour) as opposed to just rolling in with type advantages every time. Kind of sucks the pokemon can't evolve, but whatever.

Anyways... the point that I've come here is to ask if anyone has seen a noticeable difference in power between different levels of pokemon? Is there a point of me leveling up my weaker pokemon when I have one with the same kind of ability already at a higher level, besides just general esthetics? Also... does anyone know how scores are tabulated? I have been trying to up my score on the Lucario Mega Stone challenge and I'm not sure if I should just train my pokemon more to get more points for more damage or what.

Great game with a lot of depth for being a free-bee. Hopefully I can get some good strategies going once I figure things out more...
If you enjoy the EX stages you might also enjoy Battle Trozei, since those stages function very similarly to that game as a whole. As for levels the difference it makes isn't massive but does add up in longer stages. That said you're almost always better off using the evolved Pokemon once you start catching them since they generally have significantly higher starting power and will naturally reach a higher power by the time you reach the cap (which I think is level 10?).

If I'm not mistaken, scores in general are calculated based on the damage you're doing, which is increased as you keep up a combo. So basically match as quickly as you can and try to keep the combo from ending and your score will add up faster. Levels and using stronger Pokemon will help a lot though how fast you can keep up the matching is the primary factor. This is important especially because you can keep on matching while other matches continue to go through, which makes things add up even faster. This also helps with the EX stages in general, too. Getting used to matching faster eventually helped me finish Mewtwo's EX stage with a healthy 16 seconds left and got me a nice catch without using items.

This game is addicting af. Perfect for playing in small doses, the microtransaction thing is annoying but at least it doesn't hide any actually content behind a paywall, just lets you play longer sessions if you want to spend for it. I think that's a pretty good way to handle it truth be told.

Welp, having finally accumulated from the ingame sources 12 gems, I got 80 hearts at once. I am now on my last four...I spent probably 10-15 on getting more S ranks, and another couple on getting back under the 20K limit for mega Lucario. Rest went to miscellaneous places...well, except for probably the 40+ I spent on Entei alone, not to mention spending most of the rest of my savings (5K) on great balls. I'm now working on mega Glalie, and I just don't have the cash for Moves +5 and disruption delay, so now I just have to wait for a lucky break. Sigh.

I'm currently mastering all stages in S Rank ... Missing atm : All Mega starting at Mega Glalie. Ampharos & Raichu (damn electric) + Togekiss (WTF this level).

I will try after on Ex, I only managed to catch Zapdos / Gen I starters and Lucario / Absol / Rotom

And I'm saving money for Mega Lucario thing (like everybody I guess)

I'm pretty much stuck on Mega Gengar, so I'm going back, and catching all of the Pokémon that I haven't caught, and leveling up.

Gengar, Zoroark, and Raichu, as well as Grovyle are being a bitch, and making me wish that beating them equals their respective previous forms evolving if I have them (which I do), instead of having to catch them again.

And I'm saving up as much money as I can for Sunday, because something tells me that even with a 5600+ score and S rank, that still won't be enough to grab me a Lucarionite, which I need desperately, seeing as how I don't have any Fighting type Megas. Glaceon is a bitch.

And so is having to compete with millions of other players for just 20,000 stones. What, couldn't they just program that many, and be done with it?! Idiots.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
Battle Stadium Head
I ended up finishing somewhere between 4900-5000 for my rank, score of 17080 with no items used so it's a win-win for me while I keep hoarding coins. The whole competition idea is actually pretty cool as a concept, but it's a shame that only a limited number of people can actually win a reward that might never be obtainable again later. Would be cool to see them repeat this Lucarionite event at some point in the future to give people another chance of getting a Lucarionite though.

I wasn't so lucky. I ended up somewhere around 11,000, and scored #26062. If another 10,000 stones were handed out, I would've gotten the Lucarionite!

And I really need a Fighting type Mega!

Last edited:
Friend of mine started playing this, and I actually got really interested. It doesn't seem like the casual 'candy crush' style of play. I now feel like I want to try it out. Any advices or pros/cons why I should/shouldn't try it?

The first two are easy (Munchlax / Chespin).
The new Pokemon of a day are also easy : Pachirisu / Tropius / Sigilyph
So is Keldeo.

So instead of destroying my hearts and my 3DS on Onix, I've started collecting EX Stages Pokemon.
I get all the starters (except Blaziken WTF without items), Absol/Rotom/Lucario. The birds. And I managed to catch Entei. Next is Suicune/Raikou !

Reactions: JES
Friend of mine started playing this, and I actually got really interested. It doesn't seem like the casual 'candy crush' style of play. I now feel like I want to try it out. Any advices or pros/cons why I should/shouldn't try it?
It's Free2Play, Pay2Win. I find it fun regardless. You should decide for yourself.

Confirming Onix as terrible. I barely beat the thing, and I have Mega Lucario. I'm currently fighting Yamask, which is just before battle 165 (which I assume is a mega). This is the first time I recall the smog disruption being used in the main section of the game and not in EX or similar. It's actually quite annoying, as you can't get rid of it without an ability that does so or a mega.
Alright, just beat Yamask, 165 is not a mega like I anticipated. It appears they're not doing megas every 15 stages anymore.
Edit: Ok, Milotic is insane. I'm getting no moves left every couple of moves, if that gives anyone an idea of what you're up against.......and it's disruption just fired 3-4 times in the same move. I'd even argue worse than Onix. Bleh.

Please tell me there will be a more powerful Fighting, Water, Grass, or Steel type before I have to face Onix. Because, grrr, I'm one of those who didn't get Lucarionite!

Then again, I've kind given up on beating Mega Gengar for the moment. I've only managed to come close once, and that was without assistance. I'm saving up, and planning to use a bunch of my own counter disruptions. I'll need very strong Ghost and Dark types.

Though I guess that means I've better stop using Great Balls on the EX stages.

Edit: What made me think that it was Mega Gengar who is giving me trouble?

No, I'm stuck on Mega Mewtwo Y. But yeah, I think I'm just gonna level up by catching those EX stages, and maybe go back and try to S score the past stages. Specifically where M-Gengar, Scizor, Heracross, and Zoroark have the advantage.

I'm wondering if Absol would help, if I had Absolite.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)