Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

So I just got a phone that's good enough to have Facebook messenger and I wanted to know if the showdown app is still alive and kicking since I can't find it in the app store and thought maybe I had to download it somewhere and then put it on my phone.

Is that the case or should I just use my browser to play on my phone?
Hello, please don't make new threads for asking questions. Use this thread instead. I've moved the post here but you should definitely give the PS forum rules a read before posting again here (in fact, it's a good idea to read the rules before posting in any forums actually).

As for the PS app. There's no official app but there is a third party app here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ilable-showdown-app-for-android-beta.3526473/

Also, PS has somewhat recently made changes to make the PS mobile UI better and I prefer the browser version for chatting. I've never played battles in the app (i didn't like the way it looked at all so i just deleted it after i looked at the chat) so I can't tell you which is better but the battling in the PS browser version is pretty decent from what I remember. I'd recommend the browser version over the app because that's actually PS affiliated and looks better in general imo.

Hello, please don't make new threads for asking questions. Use this thread instead. I've moved the post here but you should definitely give the PS forum rules a read before posting again here (in fact, it's a good idea to read the rules before posting in any forums actually).

As for the PS app. There's no official app but there is a third party app here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ilable-showdown-app-for-android-beta.3526473/

Also, PS has somewhat recently made changes to make the PS mobile UI better and I prefer the browser version for chatting. I've never played battles in the app (i didn't like the way it looked at all so i just deleted it after i looked at the chat) so I can't tell you which is better but the battling in the PS browser version is pretty decent from what I remember. I'd recommend the browser version over the app because that's actually PS affiliated and looks better in general imo.
Thank you so much, and sorry for bothering you by making a new thread.

I didn't see the rule on open proxies until after I was registered. I was connected to a paid VPN service (so not technically open). Do I need to add an exception to the rule set (I.e connect only from home ip) to continue using this site? I do not want to get banned :/

I didn't see the rule on open proxies until after I was registered. I was connected to a paid VPN service (so not technically open). Do I need to add an exception to the rule set (I.e connect only from home ip) to continue using this site? I do not want to get banned :/
If you've turned your proxy off logging out then logging back in should automatically unlock you. If you're still encountering issues PM a mod (@) in the Help room.

I dont know if this is the place to put this but i have a suggestion about the damage calculator for showdown. i have been training this NU heavy metal aggron w/ heavy slam (dont question it :P) and i want to calc how much heavy slam would do with heavy metal, but choosing heavy metal for the ability is not an option. could one of the developers for the damage calculator add in the heavy metal ability to the list? all heavy metal does is double the user's weight, so basically heavy slam would do more until it reaches the max base power of 120, but moves like low kick and grass knot do more to you.

Hi, I have half of question/suggestion and I didn't know where to post, will it ever be possible to have the option to have the gxe ranks on the ladder alongside the elo ones ? (like you click on gxe and it gives you the rankings by gxe)

I'm having a weird issue on one of my alts. I currently have a record of 52-1 but my ELO is only 1489 or something like that. The issue is I keep getting matched up with players at the very bottom of the ladder. Nearly every one of my opponents has had an ELO of 1000-1100, so it's been almost impossible for me to climb the ladder since I'm only getting a couple points for each game. Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this.

My question is one many of us ask a lot, Why isn't Aron banned from everything? Or is the FEAR tactic banned? I may have been away for a long time. so I may not have seen it yet

My question is one many of us ask a lot, Why isn't Aron banned from everything? Or is the FEAR tactic banned? I may have been away for a long time. so I may not have seen it yet
It isn't broken or anything, it's a gimmick that only works on people who haven't seen it before. There's a lot of ways to beat it without it doing much damage to your team.

Is there a damage calculator out there that calculates the best EV distribution in order to survive some specific moves as often as possible?

(Example: I want my arceus to survive 3 specific attacks as often as possible. 252 EVs are in attacks, so 256 EVs are avaivable. How should these EVs be distributed between HP, Def, Sp.def. ?)

Example: I want my arceus to survive 3 specific attacks as often as possible. 252 EVs are in attacks, so 256 EVs are avaivable. How should these EVs be distributed between HP, Def, Sp.def. ?
Some Pokémon have a really high HP stat, in which case it doesn't make sense to put EVs into HP, and some have a really low HP stat, in which case it only makes sense to put EVs into HP. However for something like Arceus it's quite simple:
  • If you only need to maximise Physical bulk, put all your EVs into Def
  • If you only need to maximise Special bulk, put all your EVs into SpD
  • If you need to maximise mixed bulk, put all your EVs into HP

So I was wanting to know if there's anyway to recommend tier changes to the head honchos at smogon. One example would be torrent Greninja. He's way too weak to be in ubers I feel. His main gimmick is the instant stab off everything and he has respectable attacking stats. Though with protein gone he only has moderate damage output. Anything non stab is not going to secure a kill on even neutral hits. While he has the move pool to make him a serious threat in ou I don't believe he belongs in ubers

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
I don't think smogon does tier changes based on abilities. It complicates the process too much, not only greninja but lots of mons like blaze blaziken etc have same problems, but this issue has already being discussed on lots of threads, you should check them out.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So I was wanting to know if there's anyway to recommend tier changes to the head honchos at smogon. One example would be torrent Greninja. He's way too weak to be in ubers I feel. His main gimmick is the instant stab off everything and he has respectable attacking stats. Though with protein gone he only has moderate damage output. Anything non stab is not going to secure a kill on even neutral hits. While he has the move pool to make him a serious threat in ou I don't believe he belongs in ubers
First off, I noticed you're new on the forums so welcome to Smogon!

Secondly, Smogon tiers all the sets that a pokemon could run as one single entity. We don't take one specific set from a pokemon and decide it's ok, while any other set that pokemon could run needs to be banned. Tiering things that way would get extremely convoluted extremely quickly, so we keep it simple. The only exception to this would be mega evolutions, which are tiered separately from their base forms.

Shaka Brah

Banned deucer.
Is there something wrong with the ladder algorithm seriously?
Every time I register a new name and play I only get matched up with 1000-1100 players no matter what, last week I won 32 games in a row and climbed 300 points because I don't play anyone higher than 1100

Same thing happened to my friend two weeks ago, 120-20 and 1500 points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)