Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there I would like to report a bug

Turn 3
Ed Sheeram has 45 seconds left.
Il buffone has 45 seconds left.

Amoonguss used Rage Powder!
Amoonguss became the center of attention!

The opposing Sceptile used Grass Pledge!
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 56.0% of its health!

The opposing Arcanine used Flare Blitz!
It's super effective!
Amoonguss lost 37.6% of its health!
The opposing Arcanine is damaged by the recoil!

Amoonguss fainted!

Tyranitar used Dragon Dance!
Tyranitar's Attack rose!
Tyranitar's Speed rose!

Grass Pledge Should have hit amoonguss
Why did it not
grass types ignore the effects of rage powder, this is not a bug

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-724468304

Gen3...team building is allowing something strange....
Drill Peck + Whirlwind on the same set (Skarmory) has always been not possible.

Surprised if no one else has seen this, and that there was no drama over this in any tournaments (I guess it's because attackless Skarm is the metagame fad). Like-- when I see Whirlwind, that means no Drill Peck, so more likely no Flying attack. It impacts things even indirectly just by seeing Whrilwind on the moveset, for heaven's sake.

I brought it up over 2 years ago. This has major implications for Gen3 OU.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-3-on-ps-final-fixes.3527268/page-3#post-6515757

Please look into fixing this. Unless something's changed that I am not aware of, Showdown! is allowing this and it's incorrect!!!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What if the Prankster Pokémon selected a different status move, but itself gets Prankster Encored into using the previous status move?
Sorry for the late response, If it tries to use a different status move, the dark type will be immune to whatever move the Prankster user attempts, even if it's not a status move.

In the video here, the Meowstic tries to use Misty terrain, but is encore'd into using Leer. It doesn't affect Liepard. After encore wears off, Meowstic uses Frustration and then tries to use Leer again. The encore'd Frustration targets Liepard and it turns out Liepard is immune to that as well.

If the endless battle clause triggers in gen3Ubers (in this case because two Wynauts were not losing Hp from Struggle) and another pokemon on the team holds Leppa Berry that player loses the game. If both or none of the players have a pokemon with Leppa Berry the game is a tie (even if the pokemon with Leppa Berry already fainted).
Since the pokemon with Leppa Berry might not even have been active in the game, it should be counted as a tie in all these cases.
Wobbuffet with Leftovers is illegal in gen3Ubers. Shouldn't the same apply to Wynaut for the sake of consistency?

I was playing in Gen II random, and Destiny Bond has a bug. I attached the replay. On turn 25 my opponents Wobbuffet used Destiny Bond followed by me putting it to sleep. On turn 28 I finally KO the Wobbuffet while it was still asleep and Destiny Bond would have been inactive on turn 26. Yet my Nidoqueen also fainted due to Destiny Bond. According to Veekun it only works for "this turn" and on Bulbapedia "If the user takes another turn (including 'inactive' turns such as those spent sleeping or flinching), the effect disappears." the Destiny Bond icon dissappeared on turn 26 but I still fainted from it.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2randombattle-724786362

This is kind of a bug but not really. In random battle (SM) rotom-fan item is air balloon. WHY??? It serves not purpose. There are proboly other examples, but this is the most recent that happened to me.

This is kind of a bug but not really. In random battle (SM) rotom-fan item is air balloon. WHY??? It serves not purpose. There are proboly other examples, but this is the most recent that happened to me.
It’s an intentional joke because Rotom-Fan already has a useless ability (Levitate), so it’s doubling down on that. Randbats isn’t meant to be serious.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
As Ryolain said: the Air Balloon is intentional, it's meant to be a joke set. Whether it's actually funny or not is up for debate, though.
This thread isn't really meant for reporting bad randbats sets. If you find a randbats set that is objectively bad, like a Weather Ball user with no way of setting up weather or a Pokemon that knows Swords Dance but no Physical moves or such, you can report the sets here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-random-battle-sets.3591157/
I'm pretty sure Air Balloon Rotom-Fan is the only joke set, so if you found Air Balloon on something like Emolga, it would be worth reporting there.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This is a joke. It's actually intended and I don't think it's gonna change anytime soon.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Umm hi, I think I have found a bug

basically im in ladder game, and there is a sleep clause mod which means player can't have 2 of their pokemon sleep
but, I manage to have 2 of my opponent's pokemon sleep, correct me if im wrong

here is the replay
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-724015737

thank you :)
spiritomb used rest, which doesn't count towards sleep clause. you only caused one pokemon of theirs to be asleep at one time.

So this isn’t a problem with PS itself but rather a problem with replays. I am on mobile looking at a replay I’m serious bug reports, which I don’t have permission to reply to. The issue is the current ladder bug. Then, I saw this-
The formatting was MnM. Greninja held Gyaradosite.
1217E1BC-F7E1-4F57-B60A-01706081C1BD.png

Sorry about the formatting/wrong place

I'm not sure if this is suppost to work this way, but I've just faced Mimikyu with Ditto and Disguise was not coppied.

Edit: I just made some research and found out the answer to this issue (If a Pokémon other than Mimikyu obtains Disguise with Imposter or Transform, the Ability will never activate).

ok so..
i experienced this really weird glitch that only seemed to happen in this instance.

there was a gen 6 triples custom game triple elim tour in the gc room (with a set team to use) and i used the team given for the first round (in which lasted ~30 minutes due to the nature of the team)

after that, for the next 2 rounds, my team had some greyed out ?????? mons, as seen in randbats tours, and i couldnt switch teams.
when i selected that team, it made me battle with a gen 7 random battle team, although it was still in the triples custom game format.

i have no idea why it happened and replicating it in a groupchat hasnt worked

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6triplescustomgame-725676073 is one of the battles in the tour (i lost the other one)

This has happened to me twice recently, and I believe its a bug.
I was in a tour and it wouldn't let me press the ready button, I mean I could click it, but nothing would happen. Then when I kept clicking it, it said that I was typing too quickly. I even switched browsers entirely (was using chrome, switched to microsoft edge), and it still wouldnt work, it just gave me the same error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)