The Workshop

Requester: Adrian Marin
For: Suicide Cup https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/suicide-cup.3633603/
Art Direction: I imagine the prospects of creating a rather dark, yet comical banner for an incredibly unique metagame is rather amusing. Find the red line regarding what is acceptable, but do not cross it! I would like to see a battered up Smeargle chasing its own tail! If possible, it would also be incredible if top threats like Gothitelle, Accelgor, Jumpluff and Abra were added. Don't forget to add a really cool, twisted looking font that says "Suicide Cup". As for the size, I'd like it to be comparable to this thread's banner. Thank you, I really admire you guys!
Adrian Marin
Hello! Wanted to contribute for this one, if it's still up.
The sketch I did building from your direction:
8fzg1ybd.jpg
They're all weared down, with Accelgor "sticking holding" a Black Sludge and Gothitelle doing a little Heal Pulse. Had the idea by looking them on your sample teams, since I unfortunately don't know how the meta works there. Regarding Smeargle, I think you actually wanted something more akin to the sketches below. I came up with the above one to fit more with the entire idea I was building. But if you prefer one of them, I can replace no prob:
smearg_chase.jpg
All in all, I'm all ears (if I should discard, modify or finish it)

Adrian Marin
Hello! Wanted to contribute for this one, if it's still up.
The sketch I did building from your direction:
They're all weared down, with Accelgor "sticking holding" a Black Sludge and Gothitelle doing a little Heal Pulse. Had the idea by looking them on your sample teams, since I unfortunately don't know how the meta works there. Regarding Smeargle, I think you actually wanted something more akin to the sketches below. I came up with the above one to fit more with the entire idea I was building. But if you prefer one of them, I can replace no prob:
All in all, I'm all ears (if I should discard, modify or finish it)
Honestly, this is TERRIFIC! Anyone seeing this sketch will feel that it embodies what this metagame truly represents! My first idea was to have Smeargle eating its tail, but I never even mentioned that in my request! I like your version, much, much more. It's truly stunning! I'm going to recommend you to all my OM friends if they need artwork!

Honestly, this is TERRIFIC! Anyone seeing this sketch will feel that it embodies what this metagame truly represents! My first idea was to have Smeargle eating its tail, but I never even mentioned that in my request! I like your version, much, much more. It's truly stunning! I'm going to recommend you to all my OM friends if they need artwork!
Alright, thank you! Finished banner:
Suicide_Cup_Banner.png

Requester: curiosity
For: OU Matchmaking
Art Direction: honestly anything involving two pokemon working together will be amazing!
curiosity
Hello again! Going for this one now, if available.
Sketch built from your direction:
OU_Match_Sketch.png
You didn't specify, but the pokemons should at least be from the OU tier, correct?
Picked these two based on your post about Heatran in your OU Match' thread (assuming it is the one from your signature). Chose Greninja instead of the other two mainly because of the colors and typing contrast.

Feel free to share your points.

curiosity
Hello again! Going for this one now, if available.
Sketch built from your direction: You didn't specify, but the pokemons should at least be from the OU tier, correct?
Picked these two based on your post about Heatran in your OU Match' thread (assuming it is the one from your signature). Chose Greninja instead of the other two mainly because of the colors and typing contrast.

Feel free to share your points.

there really isn't much to say other than the obvious
holy god that looks amazing

Aight, just one more for now (third time's the charm, hahah). Again, if still available...
Requester: TJ
For: USM PU Role Compendium https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-resources-thread.3611496/#post-7463107
Art Direction: I dont really have anything in mind, but I want some of the top PU Pokemon included (Mesprit, Skuntank, Gurdurr, Regirock, Eelektross, Swanna) Make it cool please! (:
TJ
Built this sketch from your direction:
PU_Role_Sketch.png
Tried to do a "get ready to battle" kind of versus screen.
Just say if I should finish/alter something/discard it.

Requester: xray
For: Smogon World Cup Team Germany
Art Direction: A Quagsire juggling with three Exeggutor heads. The Quagsire should stand on one feet and it should look a bit like in a circus. Maybe give the Quagsire a cool hat, like a topper or so with the three colors of Germany: black, red, gold. There should be written "Germany" somewhere in the background, maybe in the sky or do 7 Exeggutor heads and one of the letters in "g e r m a n y" on top of each of them. Thanks :)
xray Taken! Tell me if you need me to change anything, full size under the cut.

German.png

German.png

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Requester: Drampa's Grandpa
For: OM Mashup Megathread (link)
Art Direction: Should include the text "OM Mashup Megathread" or "Other Metas Mashup Megathread". I think a bunch of meta names around the main title (Balanced Hackmons, Almost Any Ability, STABmons, Anything Goes, and Mix and Mega) connected by a Ditto would be interesting. Acronyms are fine (BH, AAA, STAB, AG, MnM). I'm of course open to artistic recommendations and input.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Requester: Yung Dramps
For: 1v1 Throwback (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1-throwback.3632458/#post-7754886, typing this on mobile can't embed link)
Art Direction: I think an Avengers style line-up of the best Pokemon from each generation with a banner at the top saying "1v1 throwback" would look really cool (Examples of some top threats from each generation include RBY Tauros, GSC Zapdos and Raikou, ADV Suicune, DPP Rhyperior and Infernape and BW Genesect). Another idea I had was to have a Rhyperior and a Suicune having an epic 1-on-1 duel in the middle of a stadium or something, with the aforementioned top-tier threats watching and cheering in the stands/background. This design would emphasize the "1v1" aspect much more. Whatever option you choose, just make it look cool!

Last edited:
Requester: Mazz
For: OldGens UU Team Bazaar (thread will be up later; will edit with a link once it's done)
Art Direction: Using these Nidoqueen, Kanghaskhan, Moltres, Heracross, and Suicune in that order, I'm thinking something that really showcases the age associated with the idea of OldGens. Very banner esque; the OP and collection of reserved posts will make for a long intro before the content of the thread, so something like 1000x250 is going to fit a lot better. Something rustic, almost in the imperial-Japanese style a la The Great Wave. I think it would be pretty cool if the banner itself looked as if were parchment or like an old treasure map. Title, as given in the "for" section ideally in the center of the frame, but along the bottom of the banner if possible? I'll leave the choice of font to the artist.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Drampa's Grandpa
For: OM Mashup Megathread (link)
Art Direction: Should include the text "OM Mashup Megathread" or "Other Metas Mashup Megathread". I think a bunch of meta names around the main title (Balanced Hackmons, Almost Any Ability, STABmons, Anything Goes, and Mix and Mega) connected by a Ditto would be interesting. Acronyms are fine (BH, AAA, STAB, AG, MnM). I'm of course open to artistic recommendations and input.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
since u can ask for 2 things now:
Requester: zizalith
For: ru checks compendium
Art Direction: hi, i dont really have anything set in mind for this but the banner should have top tier mons like mandibuzz and salazzle (think a ranks or so). could be doing something like playing checkers or something idk lol.

Realised halfway that I had no obvious placement for the text, so here's one version with and one without.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Requester: slated
For: UnderUsed Team Bazaar
Art Direction: basically anything showing a UU pokemon holding up a sign saying "team bazaar" - I think the OU one looks really cool: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ultra-sm-ou-bazaar.3587317/
I don't have anything super particular to request here, just make sure it features a uu pokemon and says "team bazaar" somewhere in the art :]
I wanted to do something in the workshop for a long time now, and today I decided to do it! Here's what I came up with, I hope that this meets your expectations, slated!

EDIT: Boy, didn't realized I did such a big spelling mistake lol. I'm fixing it asap. Fixed! Sorry for that dumb typo ^^"!

Last edited:
Requester: zizalith
For: ru best next thing
Art Direction: id like a pokemon using an unusual move or item like belch salazzle, z hyper beam comfey, cb chesnaught, ect
zizalith
taking this one if still available
Sketch built from your direction:
hyperbeam.jpg
Comfey showing that CB Chesnaught how to Hyper Beam like a boss.
Had to follow your direction to the letter, since I wouldn't know which moves/items in what pokemons would be unusual, hahah
Just tell me if it's ok to finish or if I should modify or discard it.

these are so good you guys just made me unquit for a while

Realised halfway that I had no obvious placement for the text, so here's one version with and one without.
it looks amazing, thank you so much! sorry about the delay, i forgot to mention i quit lol.
zizalith
taking this one if still available
Sketch built from your direction: Comfey showing that CB Chesnaught how to Hyper Beam like a boss.
Had to follow your direction to the letter, since I wouldn't know which moves/items in what pokemons would be unusual, hahah
Just tell me if it's ok to finish or if I should modify or discard it.
looks excellent! unfortunately im no longer best next things host so you should ask GustavoYAY before proceeding. im sure he will be willing to accommodate. that comfey is so :weary:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)