Social Where is your nick from?

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Around the time I started playing on PS (mid-late 2016) I was just about to start studying mathematics at university. Throughout Sixth Form (High School equivalent in the UK) I was obsessed with nation-wide mathematics competitions, along with maths in general and so I'd spend a lot of my spare time after school practicing problems either from previous years or from the Art of Problem Solving website (many thanks to sed idk if you're still working for them or was working for them when I used to use it but it helped me get stronger and I wouldn't have achieved medals without it). My favourite types of problems to solve were those regarding number theory, of which Diophantine equations (named after the Ancient Greek Diophantus) are a part of. Diophantine sounded like a pretty cool name so I went with that.

I wanted to have my IRL name Taiga as my username since that's pretty cool too, but that's taken. Diophantine is a mouthful and most of my friends shorten it to Dio. I've never seen Jojo's Bizzare Adventure but I can't escape the memes/references every time I start speaking to nerds online with this name lol.

Around the time I started playing on PS (mid-late 2016) I was just about to start studying mathematics at university. Throughout Sixth Form (High School equivalent in the UK) I was obsessed with nation-wide mathematics competitions, along with maths in general and so I'd spend a lot of my spare time after school practicing problems either from previous years or from the Art of Problem Solving website (many thanks to sed idk if you're still working for them or was working for them when I used to use it but it helped me get stronger and I wouldn't have achieved medals without it). My favourite types of problems to solve were those regarding number theory, of which Diophantine equations (named after the Ancient Greek Diophantus) are a part of. Diophantine sounded like a pretty cool name so I went with that.

I wanted to have my IRL name Taiga as my username since that's pretty cool too, but that's taken. Diophantine is a mouthful and most of my friends shorten it to Dio. I've never seen Jojo's Bizzare Adventure but I can't escape the memes/references every time I start speaking to nerds online with this name lol.
nobody cares

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was young and wanted a clean simple name. The Weavile line were some of my favorite mons at the time so I suppose that’s why I went with Sneer.
everything about this post is a fever dream and I love it

Marcell

cherish the little things in life
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's my first name ( yes, I am pretty uncreative when to comes to nicknames .-. )

Mudkip was my first pokemon, and I wanted a name with it so I did mudskip since mudskippers are a thing, but I recently changed it to not be exclusive to a certain pokemon so it's skip on everything besides smogon, I think it sounds decent

Also I get skipped on a lot of drafts so it works

sugar ovens

blood inside
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I used to be really obsessed with spiders as a little child, so when I was making an account somewhere, I decided to use "Sklípkan" (an infraorder of spiders, I couldn't find an English translation.. Those large and beautiful ones.. Tarantulas, for example.) Of course, it is impossible to use "í" on most websites (even PS! supports all kinds of weird symbols but you can't use a normal letter) and Sklipkan sounded really stupid, so I shortened it to Skipkan.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
There is a character in a Harry Potter fanfiction book written by a certain Pokemon youtuber whose title is "ManOfMany." I went with that name for a while, then after some time shortened it to Many

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)