Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

New generation means I've returned to partake in the discussions once again!

...Am I the only one kIIIND of disappointed at the graphics? I'm not a person who cares about them all that much in the grand scheme, but I guess with them taking a year off the mainline games, having some practice with Let's Go, and it being on a more powerful platform, I had some slightly higher expectations? Like... Battle Revolution style kinda? The jump in graphics style from gen 5 to gen 6 was kind of what I was expecting. Oh well...

Regardless, I'm still excited for this and overall I think the games still look good. And the starters are all very cute.

I have to admit that the new starters look adorable, and I'm looking forward to seeing more information on this game. I wonder if we're allowed to play with a GCN controller, though.
I’m also wondering if cloud support and Amiibo will be in the series. I’m leaning no for former, because 1. Bank Exists and 2. Let’s Go didn’t support it.

I don't see any follow pokemon in the trainer unfortunately. Anyone think there's still a chance for it?

The new region looks so pretty. Can't wait to see what the new additions are.

It's amazing how everywhere you go there's so much backlash against the graphics. I'm not really a video game player outside of Pokemon and honestly I was pretty satisfied with the idea of just 3DS graphics forever (it looked really good and I was glad the Pokemon sprites still looked like illustrations) but a lot of people seem to have very lofty expectations that Pokemon will suddenly be a game it was never going to be. I'm fine with it. I'm way more on the side scrolling/slice of life side of video games and I get scared when I have to touch a complicated controller, and given that the target audience of Pokemon is still children I'd imagine they'd feel the same.

I'm really hoping that the rumor on the previous page is fake. Even if he got the name right it's still not that hard to guess based on the leaked UK region. If the designs are good I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing though.

High hopes for more unique dual typings, especially poison as it's the type that's probably gotten the least love in that regard.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I don't see any follow pokemon in the trainer unfortunately. Anyone think there's still a chance for it?

The new region looks so pretty. Can't wait to see what the new additions are.
A part of me wants to believe they didnt make the Pokemon follow you to not spoil any new one in the trailer

A more realistic part of me thinks this began production before Let's Go, thus not having any of that game's features

A part of me wants to believe they didnt make the Pokemon follow you to not spoil any new one in the trailer

A more realistic part of me thinks this began production before Let's Go, thus not having any of that game's features
Yeah, I'm hanging onto that small small hope that they excluded it from the trailer on purpose. I mean, they had the models for follow pokemon ready on the 3DS (which were probably excluded because of the 3DS limitations) so now that they have the switch to play with I assumed they would've finally put follow pokemon in.

Gonna throw my agreement on the XY models. It's a real shame they haven't been updated yet. I feel they kinda clash with the higher quality environments. Like...I can't quite place it but the models look kinda pixelated. I feel there's a huge difference in the quality of the new trainer models compared to the older Pokemon (and we're still gonna have models like Swellow :/). Could totally just be the trailer quality, they might look better on the actual console so I'll hold judgments until I get my hands on the game. The environments are suuuper gorgeous at the very least, there are a lot of great color schemes throughout the entire trailer. Very nice and eye-catching, a pretty art style as usual. Also I'm not seeing walking with Pokemon. I dunno what the tease was in Let's Go, but I'm hoping there's SOMETHING added in. Perhaps it's just not present in the trailer as a few others have said.

Overall though, things I'm hoping for:
-Free-roaming camera. Small thing but with how pretty the environments are I would love to just look around at them. It looks like there's a lot to take in.
-pokéathlon. this is an often-forgotten place that I assume will be held off for the GS remakes...someday...which is a little disappointing but I hope they bring it back. Might be what the stadium is for but who knows, that might just be a weird gym.
-Something a little more non-linear. Like, multiple paths / routes to a single destination / city or the likes. Always good.
-Skipping tutorials. I understand the games are made for kids but kids aren't that ridiculously stupid that you have to have like 2 hours for tutorials like in SM. Just a simple "have you played a Pokemon game" prompt would be enough.
-A good rival.
-Longer postgame too. Battle Frontier or something similar would be awesome. Something like Delta Emerald is always a great touch too.
-pls no fire/fight

the water starter is pretty cute tho ngl :)

Last edited:
It's amazing how everywhere you go there's so much backlash against the graphics. I'm not really a video game player outside of Pokemon and honestly I was pretty satisfied with the idea of just 3DS graphics forever (it looked really good and I was glad the Pokemon sprites still looked like illustrations) but a lot of people seem to have very lofty expectations that Pokemon will suddenly be a game it was never going to be. I'm fine with it. I'm way more on the side scrolling/slice of life side of video games and I get scared when I have to touch a complicated controller, and given that the target audience of Pokemon is still children I'd imagine they'd feel the same.

I'm really hoping that the rumor on the previous page is fake. Even if he got the name right it's still not that hard to guess based on the leaked UK region. If the designs are good I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing though.

High hopes for more unique dual typings, especially poison as it's the type that's probably gotten the least love in that regard.
Yeah I guess I don’t know what people are expecting graphically. The Pokémon are always gonna stay more cartoony (I personally don’t want a game with Detective Pikachu-style monstrosities) and that would look weird in a more realistic environment/with more realistic human models. Can anyone displeased with the graphic shed some more light on what they’d want?

ETA: Also the comments about it being too linear kinda make me laugh, Pokemon is always linear no matter what the map looks like. There’s a handful of gyms you can do out of order but in general the world is gated in such a way that you don’t really have much choice how to proceed.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess I don’t know what people are expecting graphically. The Pokémon are always gonna stay more cartoony (I personally don’t want a game with Detective Pikachu-style monstrosities) and that would look weird in a more realistic environment/with more realistic human models. Can anyone displeased with the graphic shed some more light on what they’d want?
Easy to answer: realistic shading. They don't want something Detective Pikachu-style, but just something not so cartoonish.

(I prefer the current style)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)