SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Sniper boosts the power of critical hit moves, making them do x2.25 damage as opposed to x1.5. Therefore Focus Energy for Inteleon acts as a pseudo Nasty Plot which can bypass the opponent's defensive stat boosts and also ignore Unaware.

Inteleon has a rather limited offensive movepool, with its best attacking options being Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Air Slash and U-turn. I imagine it could run a decent Choice Specs/Scarf set since despite its restricted coverage, STAB Hydro Pump coming from base 125 SpA is still going to hit hard. Interestingly though, it can actually beat Toxapex in a 1vs1 with its Focus Energy set if it runs Mud Shot!

252 SpA Sniper Inteleon Mud Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex on a critical hit: 153-180 (50.3 - 59.2%) -- 74.6% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
thanks for the info :)

still, can't deny I'm quite disappointed... they really could've done "something" (anything, really! XD) with the Spy-theme... something about Evasion, for example :(

After reading this thread, it seem most people here saying that Zacian is better than Zamagenta?

aww. I was hoping the shield one at first.

Hi guys :)
I have a simple question for you.
To be clear, I am and will always remain a total newbie as far as competitive/minmax goes, so some of my questione will sound pretty dumb, I'm afraid.

so, I was checking Inteleon moveset, and I was reading people's opinions online and there's one detail I don't understand.

Some people online is talking about a 'possible' Critical set, running Sniper + Focus Energy + scope Lens to achieve 100% Critical Hit.

now, as I said, I'm not a competitive player, but for what I understand, Critical Hits just do x1.5 damage, right?
and likewise, having +1 stage in a stat means x1.5, is it right?

so basically, does this mean that after one Work Up, Inteleon's +1SpA Hydropump is going to inflict the same damage as a Critical Hit Hydropump?

'cause that means that a "100% Critical Hit - Build" is totally pointless/worthless... am I reading something wrong? °_°

EDIT: also, do we know the detail of the new move "Breaking Swipe" ?
Sniper would boost the crit damage multiplier to 2.25. The lens and focus energy just increase the chance for it to crit to 100%. Scope lens has 1 stage of crit, focus energy is +2. 3 is the magic number needed for 100% crit, but it's kind of a meme build on most things because they have other safer boosting moves. Since inteleon doesn't really have that it could be an option, but you'd probably rather have a choice item and u-turn. Also of note its signature move snipe shot has +1 to crit, so you'll always have a 12.5% chance of critting with it with no boosts, 50% if you want to use your item slot on a scope.

I'm rocking Intelleon, Dragapult, Corviknight, Runerigus, Toxtricity and imma see if I can snag me a zen mode Darmanitan for grits and giggles
Kidda understand the other, but why Dragapult and Runerigus, may I ask?
And who do you choose between Zacian and zamazenta?
seem Eternal one has over 1100 status, I guess it is boss only version.

perfect, thank you :)
man, GF really didn't give Inteleon much to do, compared to the other 2 starters... so basically its only 'role' is to be... a threat to Cinderace thanks to its 1 more point in speed..?

but do we know type/power/phys-special ...? can't find the details anywhere
breaking strike is a physical 60bp dragon move with 100% accuracy and drops the attack stat one level (I think). Not much use for it, not even a technician gets it unless you're playing doubles where it hits both enemies, the ones that can learn it all have better dragon moves.

Last edited:
Kidda understand the other, but why Dragapult and Runerigus, may I ask?
And who do you choose between Zacian and zamazenta?
seem Eternal one has over 1100 status, I guess it is boss only version.
I love the design for both of them, plus for whatever reason I am fascinated by runerigus' weird-ass ability and I want to see if I can make it work on a team as a bulky hazard setter. I'll be playing sword too so Zacian

So until their Sand Rush HA becomes available, would choice scarf be the best way to utilize the fossil signature moves? I'm thinking specifically for Dracozolt and Dracovish since they're the faster pair.
Alternatively (or in addition to, in case of faster Scarfers) you could run a teammate with Sticky Web. Running a Choice Band set on a Sticky Web team could be interesting considering that you'll really want to be nuking anything that isn't immune to/resists Electric with Bolt Beak, and Dracozolt's base 100 Attack is pretty underwhelming otherwise. With Choice Scarf you're barely able to do any damage against bulky Grounds and Grasses.

I advise running a set like Bolt Beak/Outrage/Fire Fang/Earthquake.

EDIT: I forgot about Hustle lol. Even so, Choice Band could be pretty scary for bulkier teams.

Last edited:
So until their Sand Rush HA becomes available, would choice scarf be the best way to utilize the fossil signature moves? I'm thinking specifically for Dracozolt and Dracovish since they're the faster pair.
I saw someone thinking about using blunder policy along with the hustle one so that if you missed an attack it would go off like a free agility. Gimmicky, but they are sorely lacking in any kind of boosts. Their typings aren't too bad defensively, so you could save them for mid/lategame wallbreakers and have them outspeed the really slow stuff while not getting locked in. Some of them have surprisingly decent coverage.

So it's already been talked about, but Gen 8's new mechanics effectively fix of all Kyurem-B's problems and will most certainly be the first former OU pokemon to be banished to ubers in this generation.

With a simple set of Dragon Dance, Freeze Shock/Icicle Spear, Fusion Bolt and Body Press it will absolutely wreck half a team or more in almost every match. Thanks to its bulk, the disappearance of most of its old enemies such as Scizor and its ability to force switches, setting up Dragon Dance is extremely easy on it.

After a boost, it can then Dynamax and achieve perfect neutral coverage, as well as massive SE coverage with its 3 Max moves and Teravolt. Max Knuckle is for Steel types such as Ferrothorn, while further boosting its already gigantic ATK, Max Lightning sets Electric Terrain, giving it pseudo-STAB on BoltBeam and Max Hailstorm can be run either with Freeze Shock for absolutely disgusting power, or Icicle Spear if you want a more reliable option outside of Dynamax. It also sets Hail for some extra damage as well as Sash/Sturdy breaking.

Also, worth noting that Kyurem gets Freeze-Dry too this generation, so after Kyu-B inevitably gets the boot, its base forme can now deal with water types, making it more viable in the higher tiers.

I wanted so much to use Centiskorch outside of a gym collecting team, but like others I am having trouble figuring out a set to even use for the in-game battle tower. I certainly never expected to have more ideas for Rapidash than for Centiskorch, I can't believe that the fire centipede doesn't get Swords Dance or Agility or any form of priority. Coil would be nice if it was faster, but as it is it seems like unless I can set up on something slow that doesn't threaten it, it won't get much use out of the move.

I mean I guess one could get some mileage out of a Coil, Fire Lash/Flare Blitz, Leech Life, Power Whip defensive set, but I just don't know if it would pack enough power after a Coil to accomplish much. I guess there's always Trick Room, but I've never been good at using it, and Centiskorch would still probably need a turn or two to set up even then.

I'm curious too just what Dubwool is supposed to do in battle. It seems built to be fairly bulky, but its moves don't enable it to accomplish much itself while on the field, i.e. no hazard setting moves or moves or status inflicting moves. I guess it could Baton Pass a Cotton Guard or Swords Dance boost to something. And dang it has a small movepool, makes me wish it not using its horns for battle wasn't part of its lore.
Dubwool could probably pull off a defensive set with: Body Slam (for Para spam), Rest, Body Press, and Swords Dance/Thunderwave.
Rest is unreliable, but it's your best healing option. If Body Press is boosted by Fluffy, even better. You could also use Baton Pass on it, but it probably won't be allowed in Smogon OU, unless you want to play BSS.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IjPObIo5Ew/pubhtml?gid=1522092619&single=true

I have cobbled together a 'readable' spreadsheet for the battle tower info (species and moves), mostly via googling how to automate it. After that it was pretty easy. Let me know if I accidentally doxed myself.

EDIT: They changed Vice Grip to Vise Grip!
Thanks four your efforts! Do we know if there are Pkm with beneficial natures in the Battle Tower? Because the screen shots from some days ago indicated they all have a neutral nature. I was hoping that this only applied to battles below round 40 or something like that. Would be nice to see if we actually get Pkm with beneficial natures after a certain round.

perfect, thank you :)
man, GF really didn't give Inteleon much to do, compared to the other 2 starters... so basically its only 'role' is to be... a threat to Cinderace thanks to its 1 more point in speed..?

but do we know type/power/phys-special ...? can't find the details anywhere
Sniper doesn't increase the power of a move by 1.5 if it's a crit; it's something like 2.25.

- - -

On another anote. Aura Wheel is as strong as something like Fire Blast and it boosts the user's speed. Morpecko looks more and more interesting. With Life Orb, it could actually be a decent revenge killer in lower tiers.

Do we know if Clangorous Soul is sound based? If it is, it would combine well with the new item that boosts your SpA after a sound based move, which is great for Kommo-o!

Does any of you planning up your main team of 6 yet?

who will it gonna be if you not mind me asking :)
Sobble, Rolycoly, Impidimp, Galarian Weezing for definite, then maybe one of the new Bug types or Dragon types or Pincurchin. Idk, I for sure want those first four but the last two slots will be pretty much whatever is new and fun in-game.

Edit: was this question about in-game or Showdown/competitive? Competitive I have no idea yet. Probably put competitive moves/IVs/etc on my in-game team and make adjustments from there as weaknesses become apparent and the meta settles

Last edited:
Does any of you planning up your main team of 6 yet?

who will it gonna be if you not mind me asking :)
I'm thinking of... Scarf Rillaboom for Grassy Terrain + U-turn/Knock. Gyara for DD + intimidade + boosted Power whip coverage. Pex for tank + less damage from EQ thanks to Terrain. The other idk

Hattina line for Magic Bounce
A random ground for electric immunity + rocks
Corviknight for ground immunity + steel type
Impidimp line for prankster goods
Maybe a special sweeper or set up, like Shell Smash Polteageist, Trace Gardevoir, Cursola forcing switches...
A fighting type, probabbly Conk
A Gigantamax

Any ideias?

Zacian is preposterous. Its base form, with 252 Attack EVs, Intrepid Sword's automatic +1 Attack boost, and a Jolly Nature, has an Attack stat of 273 at level 50, which is equal to what it would have with base 221 Attack. Its optimized stat distribution is stunning with that measly base 80 Sp. Atk.

GameFreak just made a Pokemon that is faster, bulkier, and significantly stronger than Mewtwo that also possesses equivalently useful coverage to assist its STAB move, the same ability to boost its primary offensive stat (Swords Dance vs. Nasty Plot), and an equally free item slot. It also will not suffer in future games when the Dynamax gimmick is dropped like Rayquaza has with the loss of Mega Evolution, meaning Zacian is here to stay.

I'm not even discussing what Zacian's signature item does for it. What in the world was GameFreak thinking when they made Zacian?

Zacian is preposterous. Its base form, with 252 Attack EVs, Intrepid Sword's automatic +1 Attack boost, and a Jolly Nature, has an Attack stat of 273 at level 50, which is equal to what it would have with base 221 Attack. Its optimized stat distribution is stunning with that measly base 80 Sp. Atk.

GameFreak just made a Pokemon that is faster, bulkier, and significantly stronger than Mewtwo that also possesses equivalently useful coverage to assist its STAB move, the same ability to boost its primary offensive stat (Swords Dance vs. Nasty Plot), and an equally free item slot. It also will not suffer in future games when the Dynamax gimmick is dropped like Rayquaza has with the loss of Mega Evolution, meaning Zacian is here to stay.

I'm not even discussing what Zacian's signature item does for it. What in the world was GameFreak thinking when they made Zacian?
That's completely crazy yeah, it will be banned from Ubers for sure.
The only thing that make it manageable is that his two STABs are resisted by the same two types (Fire and Steel), and it doesn't have great coverage like Mega-Rayauqaza's V-Create and Earthquake to make up for this.
This means that it's going to have checks depending on his coverage moves.

Something interesting to note:

I found out Solrock and Lunatone get Morning Sun and Moonlight respectively, which they could only get via dream world before!

Shiinotic's access to Pollen Puff and being the only Spore user in Galar dex means it can actually have a niche in VGC so long as its partner is bulky and quite threatening. With Pollen Puff, your opponent is more inclined to remove the shroom from the field so that it no longer supports your partner. Not to forget the threat of Spore! On top of that, Shiinotic can finally really make use of Spotlight to direct all the attention to its partner. So, it can stay longer on the battle field, and if your partner actually resists or takes less damage from moves Shiinotic is weak to, even better!

Gothitelle now has access to Fake Out. It sure is going to be even more annoying in VGC.

As for the Pkm in the Battle Tower, those at the beginning have, in most cases, bad sets, for example: Special Attack Gallade.
However, we also have some trollish sets:

Pyukumuku can benefit from Unaware if it uses Swagger on you. With Toxic and Recover, it's going be annoying as hell.

You all thought Walrein's reign of nightmare was down? Its ghost came back in the form of Lapras and Excadrill: Horn Drill, Fissure/Sheer Cold, Rest, and Sleep Talk...

We also have some new addtion, like Wobbuffet and Ditto who can potentially threaten set-up sweeper, the former having access to Encore and the latter possibly copying your boosts by its hidden ability.

Lol at Power Trick Shuckle and actually having a decent moveset in Gyro Ball, Stone Edge and Earthquake.

Leech Seed and Toxic Ferrothorn is a first.

Set 3 and 4 look alright

As for the Pkm in the Battle Tower, those at the beginning have, in most cases, bad sets, for example: Special Attack Gallade.
However, we also have some trollish sets:
You havent noticed the presence of
- Wobbuffet
- Ditto
- Shedinja

All with identical sets changing the items. Shedinja in particular can be immune to either weather, status, have sash, bright powder...

as well as a large amount (over 120) sets running either Quick Claw, Bright powder and King's Rock.

Oh the RNG and guessing is going to be fun :D

(On positive note, Drampa and Glaceon lost its quick claw set, but we gained a QC Bewear instead o_o)

You havent noticed the presence of
- Wobbuffet
- Ditto
- Shedinja

All with identical sets changing the items. Shedinja in particular can be immune to either weather, status, have sash, bright powder...

as well as a large amount (over 120) sets running either Quick Claw, Bright powder and King's Rock.

Oh the RNG and guessing is going to be fun :D

(On positive note, Drampa and Glaceon lost its quick claw set, but we gained a QC Bewear instead o_o)
I did mention Wobbuffet and Ditto.
On another note, where can you see the items?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)