Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Regarding Kubfu and being transferable: Kubfu is shown in the trailer as fighting wild Pokemon and eating curry in the camp. Definitely seems like it would be an actual member of your party.

Also, when looking at the trailer I renoticed Exeggutor and wondered why it wasn't its Alolan form. Then I considered Dynamax Alolan Exeggutor.
Still, kind of a missed opportunity, don't you think? :psynervous:
Alolan Exeggutor should still be transferrable, so dynamax alolan exeggutor will tower of all

Also, when looking at the trailer I renoticed Exeggutor and wondered why it wasn't its Alolan form. Then I considered Dynamax Alolan Exeggutor.
Alolan Exeggutor should still be transferrable, so dynamax alolan exeggutor will tower of all
If the current alolan / kantonian forms are anything to go by, Alolan Exeggutor will be regularly available in the game, and stuck in the same competitive limbo of Alolan Raichu: tecnically legal, but impossible to obtain with gen native 8 mark

(unless they actually put in a way to breed alolan forms in the same DLC Exeggutor is, obviously)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Wailord is also very small in battle. Exeggutor doesn't fit on the screen.
But I think that is something noteworthy. Looks like not all Pokemon Dynamax the same with the size change. The smaller Pokemon have the most noticable size changes growing like 50x or more their original size. Meanwhile bigger Pokemon don't grow as large, like maybe 10x or 20x their original size. Like compare a Dynamax Caterpie to a Dynamax Gyarados, both are roughly the same size when Dyanamaxed but normally there's a HUGE size difference between them.

So, with that said, I don't think Alolan Exeggutor is going to be anything ludicrous. Afterall we have Gigantamax Meowth and Gigantamax Alcremie to give us a good idea how tall they could make them (maybe Alolan Exeggutor would be slightly smaller like below where G-Meowth's cloud ring is but even then for a Dynamax Pokemon that would be tall and certainly taller than Alolan Exeggutor currently is).

You know, I'm wondering, assuming Zygarde returns for the Crowned Tundra DLC, I'm curious how they are going to handle its forms. It's whole gimmick in Gen 7 was collecting the cells, but assuming that quest is almost certainly gone, I'm curious on what's going to replace it. Will you be able to switch Zygarde's ability with use of the Ability Capsule?

You know, I'm wondering, assuming Zygarde returns for the Crowned Tundra DLC, I'm curious how they are going to handle its forms. It's whole gimmick in Gen 7 was collecting the cells, but assuming that quest is almost certainly gone, I'm curious on what's going to replace it. Will you be able to switch Zygarde's ability with use of the Ability Capsule?
you take it to the rare items seller and you buy a zygarde cube and that handles everything, I assume

Will you be able to switch Zygarde's ability with use of the Ability Capsule?
My wild guess is that they either will only have the regular form, or you'll be able to catch the regular form and they'll release the Power Construct one via event (basically same as gen 7)

DLC coming out after Home maintenance finishes is a pretty safe bet, but I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility for the Home update to be a few hours or so after the DLC itself comes out. I've seen stranger things before.

I'm betting it'll be about 2-3AM UK time, as it has been for similar switch games' major updates.

Do we have any idea of the level ranges for the DLC? I'm post-game and have a new team at lv.50 waiting, so I'm wondering if it will be the same level as post-game wild area (60-65 for non-den encounters).

Do we have any idea of the level ranges for the DLC? I'm post-game and have a new team at lv.50 waiting, so I'm wondering if it will be the same level as post-game wild area (60-65 for non-den encounters).
I don't think we've seen any levels in any of the footage but I'm guessing all the wild encounters run on standard Wild Area rules:
-starting areas will probably be in line with what you see in the opening wild areas
-a section or two meant for "midgame" around gym 3
-areas gated by water will have late game levels
-once you've beaten Leon all levels go up to the 60s

For trainers....I'm guessing the ones in the tower wont matter because you're locked to Kubfu. So probably low throughout. And I'm not too convicned there's anyone to fight for the DLC's "story" beyond Klara/Avery. Who knows if they'll scale in level based on main story progress or if they're fought late or whatever.

speaking of levels, how they've handled it for both dlcs is decent
in isle of armor kubfu is the "main" mon and you gotta raise it from scrach
meanwhile in crown tundra (presumably) the legendary raids will be hard for l100's, just like the mewtwo one

Regarding to if there are any not yet released information for new poke/Galar variants:

Were there mons that have new variants not released in any public media before the game fully came out? I'm sure G-Darm was never mentioned in any media,or at least those I know of. It's possible they still left something not mentioned for the sake of surprise value.

(Btw it's still funny how people imagined G-darm would be OU or even UU material at best, only to turn out to be so incredibly powerful it's busted as all hell lmao)

Regarding to if there are any not yet released information for new poke/Galar variants:

Were there mons that have new variants not released in any public media before the game fully came out? I'm sure G-Darm was never mentioned in any media,or at least those I know of. It's possible they still left something not mentioned for the sake of surprise value.

(Btw it's still funny how people imagined G-darm would be OU or even UU material at best, only to turn out to be so incredibly powerful it's busted as all hell lmao)
Meowth and Perserker were never revealed at all
Darumaka and Darmanitan weren't revealed prior to release
Rapidash was never revealed, but Ponyta was
Farfetch'd was never revealed, but Sirfetch'd was
Mr. Mime and Mr. Rime were never revealed at all
Yamask and Runerigus were never revealed at all
Corsola and Cursola weren't revealed prior to release
Zigzagoon, Linoone, and Obstagoon were revealed prior to release
Weezing was revealed prior to release
Stunfisk wa never revealed prior to release

Meowth and Perserker were never revealed at all
Darumaka and Darmanitan weren't revealed prior to release
Rapidash was never revealed, but Ponyta was
Farfetch'd was never revealed, but Sirfetch'd was
Mr. Mime and Mr. Rime were never revealed at all
Yamask and Runerigus were never revealed at all
Corsola and Cursola weren't revealed prior to release
Zigzagoon, Linoone, and Obstagoon were revealed prior to release
Weezing was revealed prior to release
Stunfisk wa never revealed prior to release
Huh, that is an unironically large number of things they never released in the press. I guess it would be okay to say it's likely there will be the same situation in the DLC?

Huh, that is an unironically large number of things they never released in the press. I guess it would be okay to say it's likely there will be the same situation in the DLC?
Here's hoping, would be a nice surprise.
I'd say that the appearance of new unannounced galarian forms is on the line of "Possible, but unlikely".
Since this is not a full release but rather a DLC, it's a bit weirder than previous times.

Also, I think it's pretty safe to say that if there's any new Galarian form, it's going to be on currently unconfirmed Pokemon.

I'd say that the appearance of new unannounced galarian forms is on the line of "Possible, but unlikely".
Since this is not a full release but rather a DLC, it's a bit weirder than previous times.
I'd usually be inclined to agree with that reasoning, but let's consider a few things -- how much do we truly know about the features in Isle of Armour, even the ones we've technically been told about?

We've got a way to get more Apricorn Balls easily? What's the method; how many a day would we get; are there any limitations?

We're getting Move Tutors, including new moves? Have we gotten anything even resembling a small list of which moves would be included so far, beyond moves like Grassy Slide that were barely alluded to?

More Trainer Customisation options? We were shown a lot in the initial trailer to be sure, but since then we've been given no details on how to get them or which ones will be in which pass, beyond the details on special pre-order and event exclusive ones.

Max Soup, the Cram-O-Matic, the Exp. Charm? Granted a lot of that is self-explanatory, but there's still been no elaboration on how soon you can get them, or what sorts of things you can even get from the Cram-O-Matic to begin with.

Returning Pokémon? Granted, this is one that we've gotten a lot more information on -- we were given a very solid quantity of around 100 creatures being added back, and we have seen quite a large number of them already. Still, even though half is a lot... you'd maybe expect almost all of them to be shown off given the nature of DLC, right? Like, maybe 90 or so and just leave out some Legends? Consider just how comprehensive Smash Directs are, for instance; which seem very intent in going into every single little pixel in detail for 5 minutes at a time. SwSh's Expansion Pass pre-release has just... not resembled Nintendo's usual DLC pre-release materials at all.

And that's before getting into any other features we don't know about, or exploration of the island beyond a few glimpses here or there; heck, we didn't even get told what Slowbro's new evolution item is! While I'm very confident in saying we know more about Isle of Armour pre-release than we did base game SwSh, I definitely feel like they're sticking to their new tactic of giving us as little information as possible. As such, while I don't think we'll see many more - I will be very surprised if we see more than two families aside from Slowpoke - I definitely think we'll see new Galarian Forms come Wednesday. There's a lot of ground still not covered by pre-release and that's made me pretty excited going into this!

There is one thing out of the datamine that makes me think
no more galarian forms, at least not in Armor

Every single Galarian form, either across the whole line or on the final evolution, has one of these things:
-unique move like Obstruct
-unique ability like Wandering Spirit
-both like how Stunfisk knows Snap Trap & Mimicry

And of the 4 lines we've seen thus far they all stick to this. Slowbro & the birds all have a unique move, and Slowbro also has a unique ability.

but the datamine of Home gave us the move tutor moves, urshifu's moves and zarude's moves. meanwhile the only new abilities are Quick Draw & Unseen Fist.

Just seems unusual to have one any other galarian forms added that don't have one, the other or both

Ema Skye

Work!
There is one thing out of the datamine that makes me think
no more galarian forms, at least not in Armor

Every single Galarian form, either across the whole line or on the final evolution, has one of these things:
-unique move like Obstruct
-unique ability like Wandering Spirit
-both like how Stunfisk knows Snap Trap & Mimicry

And of the 4 lines we've seen thus far they all stick to this. Slowbro & the birds all have a unique move, and Slowbro also has a unique ability.

but the datamine of Home gave us the move tutor moves, urshifu's moves and zarude's moves. meanwhile the only new abilities are Quick Draw & Unseen Fist.

Just seems unusual to have one any other galarian forms added that don't have one, the other or both
Birds are from Tundra so this might even be it for both packs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)