Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm guessing that music is the overworld/field theme for Crown Tundra? In any case, it sounds beautiful, and I can't wait to hear the full theme in the game proper if so.

Nothing new to note there, but the fact that it says "Coming Soon" shows promise. Hopefully this means we'll be hearing more about Crown Tundra soon, and possibly a solidified release date in the near future.

Matleo

Banned deucer.
what amount of all pokemon abilities do we have?
258? much less then amount of pokemon we actually have.

How many in amount and % have a statsus rising , status reducing aspect?
How many are form changes?
How many are type based?
How many could be called a offensive role and how many a offensive role?
What types got the best abilities?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
what amount of all pokemon abilities do we have?
258? much less then amount of pokemon we actually have.

How many in amount and % have a statsus rising , status reducing aspect?
How many are form changes?
How many are type based?
How many could be called a offensive role and how many a offensive role?
What types got the best abilities?
1. Wrong thread, try here.
2. On second thought, don't bother, here's Bulbapedia's page on Abilities, do your own research. There's a difference between the information just not being out there and the information being widely available but you don't want to do the work. Don't be lazy.

But to answer some of your questions:

Much less then amount of pokemon we actually have? Yes, there are less Abilities than Pokemon.
How many in amount and % have a statsus rising/status reducing aspect? For that one you can check out Bulbapedia's Stat Modifier page.
How many are form changes? Bulbapedia's Form Difference page may be helpful here.
How many are type based? For that one you may want to go each Type's individual Bulbapedia page, they list Abilities associated with the Type underneath the Moves.
What types got the best abilities? That's subjective.

Apologies for the double post, I wanted to steer things back on topic: have we gotten any hint that we could be battling Peony before this latest trailer?

Well last time we got an update like this it released about 2 weeks later so, I'm guessing, it will be like October 15th or thereabouts.

Yeah, this is what I was wondering. I had been expecting Crown Tundra to release in November, but when they did the Isle of Armor release date announcement it was only like 2 weeks later as you mentioned. Definitely hoping that's the case this time too and we get it in October.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's about time they finally revealed more about Crown Tundra. My patience was reaching its limit tbqh.

But as everyone else said, hopefully this means the Crown Tundra is coming sooner rather than later. I adore legendaries and finding out lore about them so that alone makes Crown Tundra something to look forward to, and the prospect of exploring a large tundra (plus it's twice the size of Isle of Armor, which I personally enjoyed exploring) is in itself something I find to be fun and enjoyable. If they show a release date soon then hopefully it comes out in mid October.

Also from a competitive standpoint I'm sort of looking forward to it speaking as a lower tier player. Not from OU (that meta is going to be a disaster when CT comes) but in terms of UU and below. Crown Tundra UU in particular will have many old UU staples coming back like the Nidos, Metagross, Raikou/Entei/Suicune, and Swampert make their return so that in itself makes CT UU a more interesting metagame in and of itself.

Yeah, this is what I was wondering. I had been expecting Crown Tundra to release in November, but when they did the Isle of Armor release date announcement it was only like 2 weeks later as you mentioned. Definitely hoping that's the case this time too and we get it in October.
Most people were expecting it, i'm guessing due to November being when game releases usually happen and the fact that November still falls under Fall 2020, which is what the website says for the release. But if they are dropping this trailer now then mid-October seems logical.

Guess I better get a team together for Pacifist Galarian Star Tournament runs then.

Good to see that we are getting more info about the Crown Tundra tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get a release date as well. Or actually, I guess the release date is what most people are hoping for since pretty much everything else has been leaked/spoiled already (I haven't looked that much into the spoilers and leaks myself, yet that is what it feels like to me). Also, at the risk of being a downer, I do personally not hope that the Crown Tundra releases soon or in October because I was prepared for a November release and if they now release it in October instead, it would feel weird. Especially if the release is during the 16-18th October (or soon before) as I will be very busy that weekend and I will have very little time to play then. And if so, it also means I need to start doing my preparations for the Tundra very soon. But even if it turns out the release is sooner than later, nothing can be done about it and I guess I'm okay with it.

November is especially crowded with big releases this year, it would make sense to try to sucker punch some of the competition and/or compete for a less crowded playing time.
To be fair that is a moot point.
A good 90%, and I'd risk to say 100% of the people who were planning to get the DLCs bought the bundle so this release is essentially "free" as you payed it upfront into the 30€.

In fact I'm not even sure if it's possible to buy them separately at all...

Hopefully we'll get a release date as well. Or actually, I guess the release date is what most people are hoping for since pretty much everything else has been leaked/spoiled already (I haven't looked that much into the spoilers and leaks myself, yet that is what it feels like to me).
Eh, not really. We actually know very little outside of some stuff regarding the story and Calyrex.

A good 90%, and I'd risk to say 100% of the people who were planning to get the DLCs bought the bundle so this release is essentially "free" as you payed it upfront into the 30€.

Eh, not really. We actually know very little outside of some stuff regarding the story and Calyrex.
You can't buy them separately, it's all or nothing.

Either you completely misread me, or I wasn't clear enough (the latter being far more likely). It's just food for thought and a potential reasoning behind a (possible) shorter schedule that may surprise a lot of people tomorrow.

I am not referring to sales, hell I would be surprised if they forecasted anything more than a few hundred thousand USD of sales for Q3 and Q4 since DLCs are a package and I guess the overwhelming majority have already purchased both expansions months ago.

What I am talking about is the actual playerbase of active players comparison between mid-October and mid-November: if everything is ready it would make much more sense to avoid the overcrowded videogame space starting from roughly around Nov. 11th.

It doesn't impact sales (at least not directly), but of course you would like to have the most people possible playing the game, wouldn't you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)