Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is too specific let me know, but I'd really like a grassy terrain team w/ acid press melmetal (can be sub acid, tox acid, 3 attacks, whatever you see fit). I'm trying to build one but I feel like I need some fresh ideas to go about it. If you can't successfully fit grassy terrain, I'm fine with a regular acid press melmetal team.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
The stall teams here are all pretty lit. But I’d like to request a stall team around a mon that I’ve seen a lot lately, AV Reuniclus.

:ss/reuniclus:
Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Infestation
- Knock Off
- Psyshock
- Night Shade

The set doesn’t have to be exactly the same, but the point of it is to switch into Kyurem, Tapu Lele, and absorb other special attacks. Infestation puts pressure on the opponent and traps Toxapex, Slowking-G, and Tapu Fini. Thanks!
Here’s the team: :reuniclus::rotom-heat::clefable::corviknight::toxapex::garchomp:
As you said, AV reuni can be a surprise factor to many people trapping some unsuspecting targets such as glowking and pex.

With hail becoming the best weather and the ability to break most stalls, :rotom-heat: is a great pick. Not to mention it also has a great mu vs opposing stall with pain split and heal bell support.

The next 4 picks are very standard with :toxapex: :corviknight: :garchomp: and :clefable:.

light screen pex to scare away fsight+shifu cores, and it just does pex things. Garchomp to check tran and providing rocks. I wanted to go with hippo but it just wasn’t as reliable as chomp when it comes to checking tran.

Corv and clef to round out the team as standard stall stables serving as the best defogger. While unaware cm clef destroys a lot of HO cores and a great wincon overall.

tldr: great stall vs current meta, get in pex for fsight tp teams, rotom-h for hail, and play the long game with reuni and rotom vs any BO/stall cores!

Here’s the team: :reuniclus::rotom-heat::clefable::corviknight::toxapex::garchomp:
As you said, AV reuni can be a surprise factor to many people trapping some unsuspecting targets such as glowking and pex.

With hail becoming the best weather and the ability to break most stalls, :rotom-heat: is a great pick. Not to mention it also has a great mu vs opposing stall with pain split and heal bell support.

The next 4 picks are very standard with :toxapex: :corviknight: :garchomp: and :clefable:.

light screen pex to scare away fsight+shifu cores, and it just does pex things. Garchomp to check tran and providing rocks. I wanted to go with hippo but it just wasn’t as reliable as chomp when it comes to checking tran.

Corv and clef to round out the team as standard stall stables serving as the best defogger. While unaware cm clef destroys a lot of HO cores and a great wincon overall.

tldr: great stall vs current meta, get in pex for fsight tp teams, rotom-h for hail, and play the long game with reuni and rotom vs any BO/stall cores!
GOAT TEAM

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Can I ask you to build a team with 3 Atk LO Clef ? Idk about the team style maybe a fat / balance team Ig. Thx in advance.
Really cool stuff here btw, nice work.
Requesting something with Substitute + Pressure Zapdos.
:clefable::skarmory::zapdos::zeraora::gastrodon-east::heatran:(click sprites for import)
Hey, I built this Spikes-based balance for you. Modest Clefable is a menace to face, especially when all of its checks are being chipped down with Spikes damage. Zapdos fits surprisingly well alongside because of its role in Pressure stalling opposing Defog and being able to sit on specially defensive walls like Blissey and Heatran while keeping Toxapex and Slowking out. Heatran can also similarly trap Galarian Slowking while putting consistent pressure on most of the Steel-type (and not Steel-type) specially defensive walls in the tier.

This team features a very very compressed defensive core of Skarmory + Gastrodon + good pivoting, largely because I wanted to find a way to fit speed control in Zeraora, which helps chip down Ground-types for itself, Zapdos, and Clefable with Toxic as well as being a bitch to Steel-types alongside Spikes. Gastrodon does a good job at keeping most special attackers in check alongside Heatran (mainly for Tapu Lele and Freeze-Dry resist).

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
:clefable::skarmory::zapdos::zeraora::gastrodon-east::heatran:(click sprites for import)
Hey, I built this Spikes-based balance for you. Modest Clefable is a menace to face, especially when all of its checks are being chipped down with Spikes damage. Zapdos fits surprisingly well alongside because of its role in Pressure stalling opposing Defog and being able to sit on specially defensive walls like Blissey and Heatran while keeping Toxapex and Slowking out. Heatran can also similarly trap Galarian Slowking while putting consistent pressure on most of the Steel-type (and not Steel-type) specially defensive walls in the tier.

This team features a very very compressed defensive core of Skarmory + Gastrodon + good pivoting, largely because I wanted to find a way to fit speed control in Zeraora, which helps chip down Ground-types for itself, Zapdos, and Clefable with Toxic as well as being a bitch to Steel-types alongside Spikes. Gastrodon does a good job at keeping most special attackers in check alongside Heatran (mainly for Tapu Lele and Freeze-Dry resist).
thx man :pray:

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Anyone up to create a Lycanroc team? And I think Chomp would be a good partner to it coz they share checks like Buzzwole, Tang and Steel Birds

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Hello there! Can I request a team with Slowking and Weavile. Thanks for your attention)
Anyone up to create a Lycanroc team? And I think Chomp would be a good partner to it coz they share checks like Buzzwole, Tang and Steel Birds
"on another note, we will be temporarily closing the teambuilding lab once again as we try to finish up the remaining ~40 requests.

thanks for your patience and interest in this project!" :smogthink:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
glastrier and rank klefki plz oml airfare Gomi zeno420 .
:glastrier::heatran::dragapult::garchomp::corviknight::toxapex:(click sprites for import)
ye
horse
this 6 is weirdly nice cuz glast is a soft check to everything in the tier + u have room to use chomp because glast + tran give u lots more freedom vs shit like chomp n koko
pult benefits from pex gone and steels chipped if not gone
tran toxics slowtwins n shit + pressures steels
tran pult pex mean u can salvage even more annoying mus like id skarm or gastro fat but u should win most other fat mus
abuse horse and tran early game
knock scald pex is broken
zeras annoying but outplayable

have fun

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Requesting tapu koko + SD chomp
:tapu koko: :garchomp: :heatran: :toxapex: :corviknight: :Weavile: >>team<<
I did not make this team in any capacity, it was all Zeno, he jus doesn't wanna write it up.
Pretty standard Koko balance build featuring Chomper+Tran.
:Tapu Koko: primary torn check and great speed control alongside weavile. gets in Garchomp or Weavile for free on most of its checks whilst helping in the collective anti Weavile effort every team needs.
:garchomp: Main Heatran check and a potent breaker. Opens up for weavile very nicely and poses a sweeping threat in certain scenarios.
:heatran: Obligatory non corv steel every team needs to not get shat on by hail. Top tier rocker and good at chipping down grounds for Koko.
:toxapex: Fat.
:Corviknight: defogger, obligatory ground immunity, and makes you not wanna die to other Garchomps.
:weavile: broken pokemon that rks most of what koko can't while overwhelming Garchomp's counterplay very nicely.

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
May I ask for a team that has sub scale shot sd Garchomp with Alolan Ninetales and Arctozolt that isn't a pure offensive team? The one in the archive is near pure offensive and I would like it to be a balance or bulky offense
:ninetales-alola: :arctozolt: :garchomp: :heatran: :tornadus-therian: :dragapult: >>team<<
Sub Garchomp on hail is honestly just huge anti synergy and I couldn't find a reason to justify it over the standard scale+fang. Change it if you want to but it just will make the team worse.
Tried my best to make this a fun team but frankly Garchomp as your ground leaves you with a lot to cover defensively over Lando, so making it work on a non HO is really awkward.

:ninetales-alola: :arctozolt: grouping these together because im sure you know what these do. Aurora veil+Encore is chosen to provide a psuedo pivot move via encoring rocks or something similar and to alleviate the team's defensive shortcomings with veil, It's mostly crucial vs Lele but its nice just to have in general. Spa on Arctozolt garuntees an ohko on max spdef Lando.

:Garchomp: da ground, da heatran switchin. Garchomp's main selling point here is just abusing steels for Arcto, while Arcto abuses its checks like Corv, Clef, Lando and whatnot. Hail nullifying its leftovers can complicate actually pulling off a sweep with this mon but that's okay with Veil making everything do jack to it, and it still functions well at threatening teams that Arctozolt can't comfortably break.

:heatran: literally no other steel would work in this mon's place. Heatran is the brunt of your ghost counterplay and why you don't autolose to to Volcarona, There's not much to explain here. Click Rocks click Magma big damage achieved

:tornadus-therian: general check to every Fighting, Ground, and Grass type mon that would otherwise mercilessly claim this team's soul. lives 1 Urshi Surging if you don't really have pult healthy enough to send in. It's Torn, its immortal and clicks Knock off, it's a very simple pokemon.

:dragapult: Dragapult is really the only last that wouldn't A) make the team slow as hell (fini) B) have direct anti synergy with Garchomp (Rillaboom) or C) leave you with no water resist. Draga is usually enough for you to outplay most things that this team defensively struggles with and is the majority of your Urshifu-Rapid MU. Specs Shadow ball gives you speed control outside of Hail, which is pretty crucial on a team that hates Koko as much as this.

Threats
:melmetal: can be a total pain if its the protect lefties set. Pads is generally outplayable by forcing prediction between your Chomp, Torn, and Heatran.

scarf :tapu lele: :blacephalon: The team's defensive backbone is lacking so these can win late game without much trouble. Be mindful of what set your opp is running at preview, and try your best to get rocks up whilst not letting heatran get needlessly chipped.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:ninetales-alola: :arctozolt: :garchomp: :heatran: :tornadus-therian: :dragapult: >>team<<
Sub Garchomp on hail is honestly just huge anti synergy and I couldn't find a reason to justify it over the standard scale+fang. Change it if you want to but it just will make the team worse.
Tried my best to make this a fun team but frankly Garchomp as your ground leaves you with a lot to cover defensively over Lando, so making it work on a non HO is really awkward.

:ninetales-alola: :arctozolt: grouping these together because im sure you know what these do. Aurora veil+Encore is chosen to provide a psuedo pivot move via encoring rocks or something similar and to alleviate the team's defensive shortcomings with veil, It's mostly crucial vs Lele but its nice just to have in general. Spa on Arctozolt garuntees an ohko on max spdef Lando.

:Garchomp: da ground, da heatran switchin. Garchomp's main selling point here is just abusing steels for Arcto, while Arcto abuses its checks like Corv, Clef, Lando and whatnot. Hail nullifying its leftovers can complicate actually pulling off a sweep with this mon but that's okay with Veil making everything do jack to it, and it still functions well at threatening teams that Arctozolt can't comfortably break.

:heatran: literally no other steel would work in this mon's place. Heatran is the brunt of your ghost counterplay and why you don't autolose to to Volcarona, There's not much to explain here. Click Rocks click Magma big damage achieved

:tornadus-therian: general check to every Fighting, Ground, and Grass type mon that would otherwise mercilessly claim this team's soul. lives 1 Urshi Surging if you don't really have pult healthy enough to send in. It's Torn, its immortal and clicks Knock off, it's a very simple pokemon.

:dragapult: Dragapult is really the only last that wouldn't A) make the team slow as hell (fini) B) have direct anti synergy with Garchomp (Rillaboom) or C) leave you with no water resist. Draga is usually enough for you to outplay most things that this team defensively struggles with and is the majority of your Urshifu-Rapid MU. Specs Shadow ball gives you speed control outside of Hail, which is pretty crucial on a team that hates Koko as much as this.

Threats
:melmetal: can be a total pain if its the protect lefties set. Pads is generally outplayable by forcing prediction between your Chomp, Torn, and Heatran.

scarf :tapu lele: :blacephalon: The team's defensive backbone is lacking so these can win late game without much trouble. Be mindful of what set your opp is running at preview, and try your best to get rocks up whilst not letting heatran get needlessly chipped.

Thanks for the team. Building this kind of hail team has been very difficult for me

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
volt switch roost tbolt gleam koko pls
Could I request a team with Subsititute Acid Armor Melmetal? It seemed like a fun mon but i didn't know what to do with it. Everything else about the set is up to the builder. Also would like to thank the people running this thread, I appreciate it.
Here’s the team: :melmetal::tapu-koko::clefable::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian::toxapex:
These 2 provide great synergy with volt koko able to chip down steels such as heatran and scizor very easily. Although having no u turn does mean certain grounds can just hard wall koko.

:clefable: cm clef is very good in the meta rn paired with lo thunder, able to chip/kill the only real sub acid armor melmetal check which is pex.

:toxapex: does pex stuff, volc is also a very major threat to this team so make sure to keep it healthy and get a toxic off. Shed shell for tran, make sure to knock with torn first and pivot out.

:landorus-therian: and :tornadus-therian: r pretty self explanatory. The rocker and the defogger, torn also checks kart and rilla which are very big threats to this team. Spdef toxic lando also to better check volc along with pex.

TLDR: use volt koko to chip down steels that would give melm trouble, get toxic off on volc and let melm go to work.

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Gomi said he'd make me a slowbro galar team :boatogostandode:
Gomi won't be building it for you bro, but I got you (he did help tho).

:Slowbro-Galar: :Landorus-Therian: :Dragapult: :Volcarona: :Melmetal: :Weavile: - Click team for paste

I looked for quite a bit to see what Glowbro could do different, to not be just inferior slowking-galar. Disappointingly, its stats offensively and defensively were just worse. The hax combo of quick claw and draw is really its only defining factor, so we went for an offence that takes advantage of the cheesy nature of Glowbro. Psyshock Sludge Wave and Focus Blast hits basically the entire tier for heavy neutral stab damage or SE focus blasts. Spdef Landorus helped patch the Heatran and opposing Lando weakness, settling as a rocker that also keeps up the pressure on Corv via Smack Down. DD Sucker Pult (@ Zeno's idea) gave a wincon to piggyback off whatever amount of damage Glowbro could pave out, and checked some defensive boxes in answering Urshifu, Volcarona, and being able to pick off a slightly damaged Pult, and lastly beating rain with rocks up and a +1 boost. Sub Volcarona is to make Bisharp not an almost auto-loss matchup, and flame body helps dent the Karts, Melmetals, and Weaviles. With Melmetal, we now have 3 solid moonblast resists that can last long enough for scarf fairies such as Lele or Fini to not just claim the game. Twave Pads Melmetal helps in soft checking some difficult to beat mons, while being an annoying breaker that weakens fatter builds but can also cripple offences with twave or by trading with other mons. The speed on Melmetal is to outspeed para'd Urshifu, feel free to edit that as you would prefer. Lastly, Weavile, to avoid losing to Pult and Garchomp and having yet another late game cleaning tool. You know, in case DD Pult and QD Volc wasn't enough.

Edited: Somehow blundered the original build and forgot a ground immunity, managed to slip one in without changing much on how the team works lol.

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Gomi won't be building it for you bro, but I got you (he did help tho).

:Slowbro-Galar: :Garchomp: :Dragapult: :Volcarona: :Melmetal: :Weavile: - click team for paste

I looked for quite a bit to see what Glowbro could do different, to not be just inferior slowking-galar. Disappointingly, its stats offensively and defensively were just worse. The hax combo of quick claw and draw is really its only defining factor, so we went for an offence that takes advantage of the cheesy nature of Glowbro. Psyshock Sludge Wave and Focus Blast hits basically the entire tier for heavy neutral stab damage or SE focus blasts. Mixed Garchomp as the rocker helped for some early wallbreaking to help ease the sweep for our other wincons, being able to weaken Landos, Corvs, Clefs, and being able to stick around as the necessary Heatran check. DD Sucker Pult (@ Zeno's idea) gave a wincon to piggyback off whatever amount of damage Glowbro and Chomp could pave out, and checked some defensive boxes in answering Urshifu, Volcarona, and being able to pick off a slightly damaged Pult, and lastly beating rain with rocks up and a +1 boost. Sub Volcarona is to make Bisharp not an almost auto-loss matchup, and flame body helps dent the Karts, Melmetals, and Weaviles. With Melmetal, we now have 3 solid moonblast resists that can last long enough for scarf fairies such as Lele or Fini to not just claim the game. Twave Pads Melmetal fits similarly to Garchomp, in both soft checking some difficult to beat mons, and being an annoying breaker that weakens fatter builds but can also cripple offences with twave or by trading with other mons. The speed on Melmetal is to outspeed para'd Urshifu, feel free to edit that as you would prefer. Lastly, Weavile, to avoid losing to Pult and Garchomp and having yet another late game cleaning tool. You know, in case DD Pult and QD Volc wasn't enough.
gomi is mid anyway, acey goat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)