Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

Name one other mon in this meta that can 6-0 teams at 2k+ rating. Even when things go well.
Like, every single of them in proper hands? See this team? https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ked-1-2112-elo-87-8-gxe.3733117/#post-9910848

I defeated it on ladder (used by its creator High Voltage, you can ask him to confirm the information) thanks to Slither Wing. It was a Band Slither Wing in Sun, not defensive, but the point stands. The battle lasted more than 100 turns, yet Slither Wing ended up killing every single Mon. Does it mean Slither Wing is broken and should be banned? Obviously no. Same goes for Darkrai.

Also waiting on the "drop from Ubers" train to start talking about Flutter Mane, as I unironically think she might be fine; she's pretty close to Darkrai and he turned out fine, jus' sayin'
Flutter Mane is top 20 in ubers are you insane

If you are losing 6-0 to Archaludon, that is a skill issue.

Darkrai is not a skill issue. If Hypnosis lands, he beats his checks.
he beats ONE of his checks as he gets exactly one coverage move if you run plot + hypnosis. wouldn't expect the skymin guy to know how math works tho

I'm playing 5v6 when Hypnosis misses. I don't hide that. It's not a secret.

But the odds are in my favor. Especially with Leftovers, I almost always get multiple chances for it to land.

Do we really want high variance mons like this that can BS their way past their checks? The hatred for Shaymin-Sky tells me we don't.
"I am playing with a bad set and calling a pokemon high variance"

Now that we're nearing the 3 week mark with no QBs or suspects imminently approaching, I wanted to share my thoughts on the metagame and the Pokemon that have everyone's attention. These are my thoughts, not those of the council!!

:deoxys-speed:
Shockingly positive!

I was very averse to Deoxys-Speed's presence in the metagame at first, especially with how potent of a lead it could be and its insane set variety, but some conversations with the council regarding the lead metagame and some direct application of said sets (and offensive sets) have led me to see it as a top tier presence, but one that is able to be checked quite well. Its defensive profile is paltry and priority smites it in general, which gives offense a ton of flexibility in handling it. Nasty Plot has the potential to be really dangerous and is the closest thing to broken at its disposal, especially with good support. That being said, that's really the case with any top tier, especially ones whose potency comes from more dedicated archetypes (like the Psychic Terrain teams you also see DeoS on). But with all that in mind, I've frankly enjoyed its utility and Speed tier in this metagame and with everything all said and done, it has a generally positive influence. I've really liked using offensive hazard-setting and all-out attacking variants, even if they are a bit rough to fit. I encourage you to give it a try if you haven't already.

:darkrai:
Outclassed..

I'm gonna be honest Darkrai bros, Darkrai... kind of sucks?? I feel like this metagame is chock full of Dark-types that are at each others' throats competing for a teamslot, and Darkrai isn't even in the top 5 of them imo. Hisuian Samurott, Kingambit, Meowscarada, Weavile, Ting Lu just to name a few. Each of these Pokemon provide something consistently desirable and applicable to teams, with their secondary typings admittedly playing a pretty big role in it and their gameplan. Darkrai's main niche over them is Nasty Plot and Choice Scarf, but even the former feels generally outclassed by Weavile/Roaring Moon as a boosting sweeper since Triple Axel is a nutty wincon with Tera Ice Shard to boot and Roaring Moon go brrnt respectively. This leaves Choice Scarf as an unoccupied niche within its competition, which is probably where it shines the most thanks to Trick access and a truly elite Speed tier. This set isn't bad at all, and is really nice as an anti-offense tool, but it's far from packing the utility and consistent progress-making I crave from other fast offensive Dark-types like Weavile and Meowscarada.

:iron-boulder:
Potent; keep an eye on, but not pressing

Iron Boulder plays a similar kind of role to Deoxys-Speed as the offensive check to end all offensive checks, but one that sets up easier and has a more consistent click in Mighty Cleave to make it more terrifying comparatively. Especially with Roaring Moon around, Iron Boulder rounds off offense extremely well by being an elite win condition and offensive check to much of the metagame. It brutally mauls offense but struggles into bulkier structures and balances featuring Ting Lu that have recently defined high ladder, which have formed naturally to combat many of the powerful new additions, including Iron Boulder itself. For offense players like myself it can feel oppressive (and I even thought it was at one point) but the metagame doesn't favor it to a point of top priority at the moment. I personally am keeping a close eye on it though; I've been seeing a lot of set innovations taking advantage of Tera and moves like Taunt and Substitute to flip the script on some bulkier teams.

:gouging-fire:
Help I do not know what I'm doing

Despite being the most standout target for a lot of the council I personally have no idea how to feel about it. On paper it is a monster that is extremely hard to stop with its bulk, Burn immunity, and access to recovery making it a win condition that can be very hard to break past and stop from running you down. But in practice I'm not quite sure if it's achieved the game warping result I've been hearing so much about, at least when I personally used it. I've also been really unlucky and been crit what feels like every time I set up with it, so maybe I'm just losing my mind and I'm running into bad Gouging Fire users to round my confusion off. I also believe I'm not running the cream of the crop of its sets; I'd be curious to know what sets you guys are running so I can take a more conclusive stance on it!

:raging-bolt:
Really, really good

This Pokemon is a fucking menace; Thunderclap aside, its bulk and raw power are truly asinine, and are what really make it stand out. Furthermore they are augmented by Booster Energy and access to Calm Mind. Even with a STAB combination that doesn't illicit the most fear compared to others, it very much so gets the job done given its bulk and ability to stack boosts and use Tera (Blast). However, the fact it can't boost its Speed without making some kind of major sacrifice unlike Gouging Fire plays a pretty major role in responding to it and gives Ground-types the ability to check it in most cases, which either requires it to sustain a hard hit or use Tera. I don't believe it is an unreasonable Pokemon to check since its Achilles heel really is Speed, which becomes very noticeable when your main checks (including offensive ones) are immune to your priority move, and when many offensive checks resist it (offensive Dragon-types).

:volcarona:
Potent; keep an eye on, but not pressing

Volcarona is... strange. I feel like in general it is not a pressing presence compared to its cohorts, as it does have considerably more stringent setup conditions compared to when it could freely run down teams earlier in the generation. It's one of those Pokemon that reads to me as something that is waiting for the correct development to truly achieve its earlier caliber of success; stresh's Tera Dragon idea is the one I've found the most success with alongside Water. That being said, it is still a behemoth win condition with much appreciated defensive utility to bat and demands your respect, lest it runs away with the game. Much like Iron Boulder it's something that I think needs time to be fully and effectively evaluated.

:gholdengo:
Overrated

DLC2 is a far more hostile environment to it and I think damages the argument many advocated for in DLC1. The fact of the matter is that Good as Gold is the core of its value, and while that cannot be understated, the whole package of Gholdengo is meeting far more pressure to be the effective removal immunity it was earlier in the generation. That aside, I don't think Gholdengo is really the core catalyst of Gen 9's hazard problem and removing it won't magically fix it, as other council members have already said. That being said, I do think Good as Gold and being a bulky Ghost-type makes it a Pokemon added to teams as a more dedicated answer to removal, which does include Rapid Spin, so removing Gholdengo from the tier would move the needle a bit imo but definitely not fix things due to the insane Spikes and Knock Off distribution. Of course though once things are more stable I am very happy to look into it more, but compared to the rest of the metagame I am not a fan of prioritizing it at all.

:kyurem:
My top candidate

If there's a Pokemon I personally am the most wary of, it is Kyurem. While losing Roost is an extreme blow to it, access to Loaded Dice and Tera (Blast) lets it ditch the bulky Dragon Dance shenanigans it got up to last generation and go full throttle, while still being a Pokemon that rips everything apart with its Special attacks and adding a layer of unpredictability to complicate counterplay. Both sets are warping in their own right and apply pressure in a way I personally don't see as healthy, especially when you factor in its Speed tier, Dragon-type, and natural bulk. It detests hazard stacking against it as HDB are rough to fit on it given what you want to use it for, but two things: 1: Cinderace is an amazing partner for it and 2: HDB AoA is still very potent even without a damage boosting item. I personally feel as though Kyurem would be my personal choice for what we target first, but I am still open to being convinced otherwise.

:roaring-moon:
Potent; keep an eye on

Roaring Moon is really rough to navigate, but as potent as I think it is, I also think it has its share of checks to help you bring it down. When you factor in its disliking of priority, hazards, status, and a good amount of physically bulky options to pressure it (since it can't hit a ton super effectively), the many high ladder balances we are seeing very clearly have their share of options to contain it. Though, I would say it being contained is more relative to a card castle or a late stage Jenga game. It is undoubtedly a top tier Pokemon and I do think it is treading very close to being something that is worth a suspect as it reaps upon stability imo, but while we continue to figure out this metagame and determine what the problems of it actually are, I don't quite see this as a broken checking broken situation; it's more complicated than that. If it isn't naturally prioritized then I don't really think I would clamor to see it removed ASAP, but if it's removed I'm not really gonna complain.

:kingambit:
Really good, but not broken

I never really thought Kingambit was on the level of broken as others have; maybe it was troll of me to say it took skill to use early on, but I do think it's a bit of a rougher climate for Kingambit than it was before and does make it more complicated to use to its fullest. This metagame is being dominated hardcore by bulky Sucker Punch resistances and disruptive Teras that impede its gameplan. But despite that, its healthy qualities do stand out more than they have before with the broken elements being a bit suppressed, so I'm honestly pretty chill with its place in the current metagame.

:enamorus:
Ban Tera Blast

This speaks for itself, lol. Enamorus is fine without Stellar Tera Blast.

____

If I had to rank things based on how pressing/broken I see them, my top five would rank as follows:

1: Kyurem
2: Enamorus/Tera Blast
3: Roaring Moon
4: Volcarona
5: Iron Boulder

(I'm not rating Gouging Fire yet because I don't know what I'm doing with it LOL. tentatively above roaring moon ig)

Hope this was informative!
Also I doubt Gouging Fire is broken, even if it puts out stupid damage once it sets up. Sure Gouging Fire is like a top 5, arguably S-/S rank mon for how splashable and commanding of a prescence it is, but in order to one shot it's most prominent checks like Dondozo it needs to burn tera and have sun support just like wake does, as well as setup and recovery turns if It isn't banded. Also it is a prime target for hazard spam if it gets its boots knocked off or isn't running any which allows it to not be too bulky. Plus this mon seems to offer a ton of positives for the tier through it's defensive and offensive prowess as well as its general super splashable and easy to fit on all sorts of offensive teams and balance teams due to it's fantastic qualities as a bulky and offensive mon and how customizable it is

he beats ONE of his checks as he gets exactly one coverage move if you run plot + hypnosis. wouldn't expect the skymin guy to know how math works tho
Here is a fresh replay where Darkrai beats Blissey, ~1800 rated player: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2026312516

Likely would have swept his entire team if Hypnosis hit on Amoongus. It didn't, so I actually had to use my other mons.

You don't need coverage. Dark Pulse + Tera Blast breaks everything when Hypnosis hits.

Here is a fresh replay where Darkrai beats Blissey, ~1800 rated player: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2026312516

Likely would have swept his entire team if Hypnosis hit on Amoongus. It didn't, so I actually had to use my other mons.

You don't need coverage. Dark Pulse + Tera Blast breaks everything when Hypnosis hits.
wow you beat a stall player in gen 9 OU, what an accomplishment, would you like a cookie?

now do it against a team that can actually do something lmao

wow you beat a stall player in gen 9 OU, what an accomplishment, would you like a cookie?

now do it against a team that can actually do something lmao
So you're admitting that Darkrai invalidates stall. That's been my point.

Isn't that why Annihilape got banned?

The metagame itself invalidates stall what is your point.

I'm not qualified to speak on Annihilape but rage fist + relative bulk for OU = a problem. Notably, annihilape sucks shit in ubers
These are 2k rated stall teams I'm beating. They are doing okay.

But they have no answer for Darkrai.

Annihilape did nothing to offensive teams btw... he only beat stall and was banned for that reason alone. Darkrai beats stall and also isn't a dead slot against offense because 125 speed.

These are 2k rated stall teams I'm beating. They are doing okay.

But they have no answer for Darkrai.

Annihilape did nothing to offensive teams btw... he only beat stall and was banned for that reason alone. Darkrai beats stall and also isn't a dead slot against offense because 125 speed.
Tera+Bulk Up+Screens=Ape tanks hits even from HO=rage fist stonks.
Also, with your '2k rated stall teams', just going to say that Stall is only effective at very low or very high ladder, most people cannot run a custom made stall team to the level that the original creator intended.

Last edited:
has anyone managed to make vacuum wave work on :iron valiant:?
in theory it has a niche, as one of the few special priority moves, its more consistent than thunderclap, and it can out-priority other priority users like :raging bolt:, :kingambit: and non-scarf :weavile:, hitting the last two supereffectively.
but i havent really been able to make it work, main problem with it being it just doesnt have enough power, even with a tera + CM boost. i mean, look at this:

+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Iron Valiant Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Iron Boulder: 156-184 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Iron Valiant Vacuum Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 320-384 (79.2 - 95%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(i dont know why the calc is saying "guaranteed" when both of these percentages are rolls, but whatever)

and honestly, if a calm mind boost isnt enough to make it useful, i dont think specs will help either. there just arent enough pokemon in the meta that get ohko'd by it, from what i can see.
im still determined to make it work, though; ill keep trying it out. meanwhile, if anyone manages to make use of it, id love to see it.

has anyone managed to make vacuum wave work on :iron valiant:?
in theory it has a niche, as one of the few special priority moves, its more consistent than thunderclap, and it can out-priority other priority users like :raging bolt:, :kingambit: and non-scarf :weavile:, hitting the last two supereffectively.
but i havent really been able to make it work, main problem with it being it just doesnt have enough power, even with a tera + CM boost. i mean, look at this:

+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Iron Valiant Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Iron Boulder: 156-184 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Iron Valiant Vacuum Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 320-384 (79.2 - 95%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(i dont know why the calc is saying "guaranteed" when both of these percentages are rolls, but whatever)

and honestly, if a calm mind boost isnt enough to make it useful, i dont think specs will help either. there just arent enough pokemon in the meta that get ohko'd by it, from what i can see.
im still determined to make it work, though; ill keep trying it out. meanwhile, if anyone manages to make use of it, id love to see it.
The only real use anyone has done with vacuum wave tbh is on :ursaluna-bloodmoon:, where it (i believe) was considered meh but considering its movepool, was good.

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
Another Darkrai 6-0 at 1950+ rating: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2026271928-o756fs8p7fwqnxjbn8rtapwjfdtr6abpw

Followed by another 6-0 against the exact same team 2 games later: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2026277113-fuc4jfxtqtvte9ukzevmh0ri3pqc1bcpw

Defensive teams have no answer for this. Isn't that why Annihilape got banned?
Kyurem 6-0'd a team weak to it and it got banned, lemme find the fuckin replay its kinda funny

Here it is: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-582952

Mind you, this isnt in support of the ban. If anything, it just goes to show that we shouldn't clamor for a ban just because of a good replay.

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
This is my 2nd or 3rd time sharing replays of Darkrai 6-0'ing teams at the top of the ladder.
Bro, quick tip, if you wanna do a real case, then stack replays and then do a well redacted essay over it where you explain the level of adaptations the meta has to use and how darkrai can bypass checks aside from hypnosis, you will have opposition, but at least will be taken seriously

Bro, quick tip, if you wanna do a real case, then stack replays and then do a well redacted essay over it where you explain the level of adaptations the meta has to use and how darkrai can bypass checks aside from hypnosis, you will have opposition, but at least will be taken seriously
"Well redacted essay"

Bro, this is a video game forum. I'm not here for a PhD.

If you don't take me seriously, I don't care. I'll keep using Darkrai.

THE HAZARD WAR: A HELPFUL INFOGRAPHIC (NOT REALLY)
FOR HAZARDS​
ANTI HAZARDS​
General: Gholdengo​
General/Spy: Great Tusk​
Vice-General: Ting-Lu​
The Wild Cards/The Uno Reverses: Hatterene and Cinderace​
Corporal and Defector: Skarmory​
Guy-With-A-Grudge-Against-Gholdengo: Corviknight​
Tank: Gliscor​
General's Brother: Iron Treads​
Kamikaze Bomber 1: Samurott-Hisui​
General's Son: Donphan​
Kamikaze Bomber 2: Glimmora​
DaddyBuzzwole Endorsement: Cryogonal (DLC1 discussion)​
Spy Mole: Smeargle​
Tyranitar's Brother: Excadrill​
Merriam Web-Sters: Ribombee, Galvantula, Araquanid​
Sunny Personality: Torkoal​
Speedy Bruv: Deoxys-Speed​
Tidy Freaks: Maushold and Cinccino (and Furret ig)​
Seemingly Unaware: Clodsire​
Grudge Against Dwayne Johnson (rocks): Volcarona​
Enemy Agent: Great Tusk (sets rocks)​
Enemy Agent: Smeargle (it spins)​
Artifact of Utmost Importance: Focus Sash​
Artifact of Utmost Importance: Heavy-Duty Boots​
Tier Counter
FOR HAZARDS​
ANTI HAZARDS​
OU: 9/8 (8 without Tusk)​
OU: 7​
UU: 4​

UU: 3 (6/7 if we count all 3/4 in the Maushold)​
PU: 0​
PU: 1 (Cryogonal haha)​
Results: HAZARDS WIN (mostly)​
i liked this so much that i decided to make a wikipedia infobox about the hazard war
IMG_5152.jpeg

This is my 2nd or 3rd time sharing replays of Darkrai 6-0'ing teams at the top of the ladder.
2nd or 3rd time.
| 14 | Darkrai | 11.537% |
Assemble the travelling mathmeticians, for high level play what fraction of these darkrai matches have been shown as favourable?
"Well redacted essay"

Bro, this is a video game forum. I'm not here for a PhD.

If you don't take me seriously, I don't care. I'll keep using Darkrai.
It's just advice, cause that's how this forum works. You gotta be loud or be thorough.
Good idea to keep following what you want though. I won't hold the fact it is a bad opinion, having the willpower to keep doing something when a lot of people are talking to you is a burden (in life as well).

2nd or 3rd time.
| 14 | Darkrai | 11.537% |
Assemble the travelling mathmeticians, for high level play what fraction of these darkrai matches have been shown as favourable?
out of 224,218 matches on high ladder where darkrai has been present, the given sample size (3 matches, i'm being generous) represents 0.00133798% of them. i say this as hypnosis darkrai's self-proclaimed strongest soldier: this dude is cherry-picking the fuck out of his matches

If Hypnosis lands on Blissey or Clodsire, they lose. Need both on the same team to actually counter Darkrai. One eats Hypnosis, the other kills Darkrai.

Yes, Hypnosis needs to hit to break most teams. It's a 60% chance.

You know what other mon has a 60% chance to BS its way past its checks? Shaymin-Sky. Ask this thread if they would like that mon unbanned.
Some contentions I have here
  • Blissey has Natural Cure so it's not like her absorbing Sleep immediately destroys her ability to perform. Darkrai needs to reach +6 to 2HKO without Focus Blast or Psyshock. And if something has already eaten Hypnosis, she just flat out wins because Darkrai can't boost to the point of beating her before she 3HKO's with Seismic Toss AND undoes most of the damage with 1-2 Softboiled uses (or just Calm Minds to keep up and minimize even that)
  • Even without specific answers, the team has a massive Special weakness (Dondozo is a Physical Wall, as is Gliscor) and some of those results were from either questionable plays or just bad luck multiple times on their end.
    • Going to Dondozo in response to Hypnosis was either kneejerk Unaware or to absorb the Sleep, but then they just kind of fed Clefable to it after instead of saccing/U-Turning with Corviknight again.
    • After Clefable's down, Volcarona was the right play since it can take any hit from a +2 Darkrai to Quiver Dance, KO's it at that range with a +1 Fiery Dance, and then is in position to do some serious return damage if it's Tera Ground to avoid Thunderclap from Raging Bolt in return. The reason this didn't happen is because you landed a Crit the turn Volc would have presumably gone for the set-up, which isn't something to consistently count on here
    • The Speed Tie with Weavile was already mentioned, as there is a roll to KO Darkrai at that range with Tera Icicle Crash and no roll if it lands Triple Axel instead.
Like you can't pretend that win was something you'd get consistently on high ladder if you made that approach every time.

Also I am so sick of this Shaymin-S comparison. Darkrai gets to land one 60% Sleep to get past ONE check on the opposing team at a time (assuming the player has to sac the thing as soon as it sleeps instead of switching it out so Darkrai can't Hypnosis the next Check). Shaymin-S has a 60% Chance to flinch every check with no limitation and no counterplay beyond being faster than it (which is mostly Scarf/BE users and 2 mons, 1 of whom does jack to it while being weak to Air Slash) or holding Covert Cloak. All the while it's doing something like this on every attempt

252 SpA Shaymin-Sky Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gouging Fire: 124-147 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Shaymin-Sky Air Slash vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 145-172 (41.1 - 48.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Shaymin-Sky Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 63-74 (16.6 - 19.5%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

In short you have X attempts to DO anything against Skymin (X being however many HKO Air Slash is against you), and that's assuming your mon can cripple it in whatever actions it gets, all the while if it's a Leftovers set it's free to undo the damage while you're doing this. Set-up isn't an option because you're lucky to get a turn in which ANYTHING happens for your side, you can't "absorb" Flinch like Sleep, this thing's actually bulkier than Darkrai (who was initially cited as just enough to get a Set-up turn consistently when people were worried about him in OU), and has 3 moveslots to play with beyond this like a SubSeed set or coverage to simply KO you immediately so it needs even fewer flinches.

252+ SpA Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Blood Moon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin-Sky: 325-384 (95.3 - 112.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Blood Moon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 282-333 (100.3 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you wanna Crusade against Darkrai then fine, you're at least providing replays which is something to respond to, but give it a rest with the Flinch-Hog. Even as a hyperbolic example to make your RNG point, that thing is not remotely comparable to ANYTHING we have ever left in OU for more than a week (hell on principle it's stupider than several of our rapid Quickbans like Terapagos and Iron Bundle). Comparing Darkrai to it in any unironic capacity makes your position weaker because the example is so ridiculous it calls into question the veracity of any other argument that we have to take at your word rather than being hard numerical evidence. You want the ~60% chance that matters? Skymin has a 64% chance that you do literally nothing in 2 Air Slash turns, which as illustrated above is a sizeable amount of damage considering Seed Flare is a 120 BP STAB move, and this is assuming you came in totally healthy with no chip from a pivot vs a Hard-switch taking damage or giving Skymin a turn to set up.

Now to break down this one
  1. Gliscor makes no sense as a lead when most of your squad is Special Breakers, and Deo-S means he can't even assume it'll get to Spike and Suicide. Even then, he immediately pivots to Clefable (which was Magic Guard and not Unaware) instead of going to Amoongus to Clear Smog, Blissey immediately, or using a move while in such as Knock Off (every Darkrai set leans heavy on its item, be it LO, Leftovers, Boots, or Scarf), Toxic (so Nasty Plot can't stick around) or Protect (to get the Toxic Orb off if he anticipated Hypnosis, so he can block sleep for one of the previous moves on the next turn instead)
  2. He sacced Blissey to your Tera Blast spam after it was put to sleep, I guess to give Amoongus a free switch-in.
  3. After Clear Smogging your Nasty Plot, he goes to Meowscarada, a Mon with no set-up potential when Amoongus was at full health and would have KO'd your Darkrai on the switch-out turn before the 2 turns of Leftovers. This gave it the chance to survive the later Sludge Bomb and Wake up. Considering it slept for 2 turns after that, he could have killed Darkrai at that range with Amoongus or just committing to Meowscarada once it was already in (Darkrai has no way to OHKO and Flower Trick + non-STAB Sucker Punch would KO at that range)
  4. Darkrai surviving those turns is the only reason you could bring it back later to take out his Amoongus and use it to bait in Clefable. That blunder cost him since hard switching into Meowscarada cost him the Team's only offensive response to Gholdengo (who I've pointed out in the past shits on Stall Teams because of GaG and his typing) and Iron Crown (not gonna OHKO without Tera Dark at that range but he hadn't used it that match and it wasn't an illogical consideration for what you had remaining)
There were some lucky moments like Gholdengo missing two Thunder Waves on Meowscarada, no doubt, but in terms of Darkrai as the subject of interest, your opponent made horrible plays multiple times that positioned it for a later turn it had no business getting (easy to ignore the free turns those 2 Hypnosis misses gave when he literally wasted the turns for the first one and that is the only reason he even had the 2nd one to consider). Not to mention losing his Spikes user early when Stall kind of needs the Hazard damage (as was the case here since it would have cost you that salvaged Darkrai turn and put Iron Crown in Sucker Punch range for Meowscarada after it). Just because the replays are high ladder doesn't make them exempt from the consideration that your opponent misplayed or was victim to bad RNG as an explanation for the result of a small sample size of 3 matches shared.

i liked this so much that i decided to make a wikipedia infobox about the hazard war
View attachment 587652
Isn't :clefable: a spy from the Hazard Control Union to spy on the Holy Hazard Empire? It managed to weasel its way into the Hazard Army's ranks via setting stealth rocks, gathering valuable information to report back to the HCU.
Also, :serperior: is part of the Hyper Offense Khaganate that defected to the HCU via a sizeable bribe to gain money (and a +1 speed boost)
:WEEZING-GALAR:, :GHOLDENGO:'s archenemy, the relentless defogger.

Isn't :clefable: a spy from the Hazard Control Union to spy on the Holy Hazard Empire? It managed to weasel its way into the Hazard Army's ranks via setting stealth rocks, gathering valuable information to report back to the HCU.
Also, :serperior: is part of the Hyper Offense Khaganate that defected to the HCU via a sizeable bribe to gain money (and a +1 speed boost)
serperior is allied with the hazard empire as a hyper-offensive defog punisher and with the hazard control union as a webs punisher. it's playing both sides, like snakes typically do

also, yeah, i probably should have mentioned galarian weezing but i'm too lazy to remake the whole infobox for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 9)