Zoap
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks for the reply! I happen to be doing it on Diamond, and I have it saved one step before the whole sequence occurs. I am using Method 1 on RNGReporter, and I have found a target. My problem is I cannot seem to hit said target on frame 1 after numerous attempts. I noticed the times listed beside the frames, and I was curious if they affected anything.
    I saw your post about RNGing the Sinnoh starters in this thread (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180&page=1572) and had a few questions. I can figure out how to get my seed, as I know my delays are even and that matches with the target. The seed I'm trying to hit has a spread on frame 1, but I don't know if that's possible to hit. Can you remember how many frames are advanced in the sequence prior to getting the starter? This is on a cart, as I'm leery of emulators. Also, in the RNGReporter main window, there are times list next to the frames of each result (like 0:00:01 and so on). Are those important?
    If you would be so kind as to reply, I would be infinitely grateful. Thanks for your time and consideration.
    NPC's aren't really a problem, I have 2 more questions tho.

I know having an NPC walking around can be problematic but what about when they're standing still and spinning around sometimes?

And what time should I be noting? The time when I boot up the game or when I catch the pokemon or something?
    I'm trying to capture it at Relic Castle, if I have to get to Victory Road first it would kinda defeat the purpose tho cos I'm trying to capture the right pokemon as I play through the game (I went with whatever came first on my first playthrough so I figured I'd try something else.)

I don't think I have any rare candies, I'd be fine with trading it to you, thx for helping me out.
    I'm on a PC and I'm trying to catch a Sandshrew with good IV's and an Adamant nature.

The parameter part is where I get stuck. The guide tells me to catch a pokemon after starting the game by using sweet scent without moving, I did. I then have to find the IV's for that pokemon so I used RNGreporter's IV checker.

For every pokemon I've tried, RNGreporter will tell me that the IV range is too big and I wind up getting about 6~7 results after hitting the search button, whereas the tutorial assumes you will only get 1 result, hence why I'm stuck seeing as I don't actually know what I'm doing, I'm just doing what the guide is telling me to, but I'm not getting the right results to continue.
    Hey, if you haven't already, you should consider checking out our semi-affiliated VGC site, Nugget Bridge, for potential donors (I don't know what the rules are for this kind of thing, but I'd be willing to guess they'd allow it). They partnered with Apex and are probably more familiar with the notion of IRL tournaments than Smogon.
    I'm just a wifi player, and I can generally play pretty much any playstyle since I've tried them all. Problem is my wifi record isn't too impressive.
    Hey dude. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Been busy with stuff. xD Anyway, I've sent you a list of some of the mons that I'm looking for. I listed 5, but if you want to do more just let me know. I'd also like them all nicknamed if that's cool. When your done please VM/PM me. Thanks again!!! :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…