Finchinator
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• we play for ou ssnl, im pst when do u wanna do
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    i play for smogon snake draft at 7pm gmt-4. can you play for this at 8pm gmt-4 or anytime after? i should be free the remainder of the evening and ik we agreed on late afternoon/early evening your time (so it'd be 5pm or later your time)
    EternalSnowman
    EternalSnowman
    yeah sure 8pm est works fine for me
    "Urshifu-Rapid remains banned from SS OU by 76% majority"

Thank god. Ushifu-Rapid sure was strong.
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    thanks, running on no sleep and was working on the vr update that involved voting on urshifu-rapid, so i got it crossed
    Finch have you guys thought of creating a "Council/Tiering Complaints" thread? Someplace for people to brainstorm about suspects and "Council Conspiracies" like they are doing now. I think there might be one already, but if there is maybe someone should make a post about it in themetagame forum so we can get back to talking about the metagame.
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    fwiw i genuinely think we're headed in the right direction. we've had way more suspects this generation over this span than we did later or even earlier last generation and i foresee more aggressive tiering in the future, too. once the cinderace test ends, we will also get going our survey outreach to ladder and tour players, which is also smth that's new.
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    point being: i think it'll all come together nicely if people give it a chance!
    Hey Finch. What are your thoughts on item clause?
    Chameleon
    Chameleon
    Oops, I meant IV, not VI... getting late.
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    I really cannot comment about things before lare gen 6 tiering wise, but i do not really mind your speculation. i would not mind a pr thread on it either, but honestly do not think we can fit it rn considering there are so many things to focus on testing in the actual metagame itself.
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    i do object to splintering the tier tho. diff ladders or rules never end well, best to just test one element by retesting it into the tier if it ever happens
    hey, i just wanted to stop by and let you know that i think you guys are doing a great job. i know things have been really hard lately for you and the council, especially in the last month with the toxapex discussion, and i felt you guys should know that your efforts are still really appreciated. :D
    Hey finch, i have an idea for the Suspect test/Quick Ban conondrum. Idk if it'll work, im just wondering. what if if you can prove you have an account above a certain elo in 1 week, you can vote on the pokemon? Kind of like a shorter Suspect test. wdyt?
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    no it's ok, i just hope that i was able to clarify any misconceptions. i'm always open to hearing new ideas! anyway, thank you and i will be sure to pump out some more content soon! :) have a great day
    musiquepkmn
    I was just thinking of it as a way to ban op threats quickly, while still retaining community involvement. As far as i can see that's what would be perfect right now.
    https://pokepast.es/8f8795f73769ec11
    here a cool team. This one is not exotic at all. I just wanted to make an expert belt cinderace work.
    I included this time all the things u usually criticism me for. Speed controll, Defoger and answers for most threats, except for nasty plot rotom.
    let me know what u think. I got to 1800 again with this team :)
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    good luck friend!
    VenuBoom
    VenuBoom
    hatterne + Corv usually mean the enemie doesnt get any hazards
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    yea just be careful against things like magnezone cores and sr setters like rhyperior or trick clefable, you should be ok!
    Would there be no chance of melmetal/magearna be retested in a "national dex" meta? (as in once DLCs bring back every mon)
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    There will be a chance, sure, but I cannot comment as to how good the chance is because it is a theoretical metagame right now. I do not know what SS OU will look like or when everything will return (if we ever do get everything). Personally, I think Melmetal would be fine to retest at any point as it was never broken, but I also realize I am in the minority with that opinion.
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    Either way, this will be discussed more at the appropriate point in time.
    Hey finch, a quick question: How long do reqs usually take? I'm thinking of participating and I wanna know how long it'll take, even though I'll probably lose a lot and not get reqs anyways.
    Cinderace isn't allowed on ladder, though the suspect thread says so. Is this a mistake?
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    No, it take time for these things to be implemented. Check back soon
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…