Votes: 112 20.9%
  • Cory Booker

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Marianne Williamson

Votes: 19 3.5%
  • Mike Bloomberg

Votes: 12 2.2%

• Total voters
Make that analysis yourself, if you want someone telling you that that wasn't racist then go ahead and make your own analysis. I dont think anyone(even Raikou) would go as far as you want him to go to say that what Biden said wasnt racist. Dont promote scumbags, become one if you really want a conservative take on what Biden said.

How far will progressives take the democratic party's gaslighting and hypocrisy? Can't wait to find out how far Biden can go.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How far will progressives take the democratic party's gaslighting and hypocrisy? Can't wait to find out how far Biden can go.
Trump announced his run for president on June 16th, 2015.

So here's the hoping the answer to your question is less than 4 years, 11 months, 6 days, and counting. Hopefully drastically less.

They really need to replace Biden before the convention.

Trump announced his run for president on June 16th, 2015.

So here's the hoping the answer to your question is less than 4 years, 11 months, 6 days, and counting. Hopefully drastically less.

They really need to replace Biden before the convention.
Who would you like to see Biden to be replaced with?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Who would you like to see Biden to be replaced with?
I don't think who I would like to see is remotely a factor. They just can't be someone with a 30 year old sex assault charge swept under the rug. Make it Buttigeg or Warren, a backroom deal arbitrarily picked the candidate the first time, just don't fuck it up this time.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
how would you you go about making it buttigieg or warren over sanders?
At the convention, the DNC uses their ability, which they have flexed previously, to just pick the candidate after Biden is talked into dropping out and they'll argue they can do that due to "extreme extenuating circumstances" and probably mention coronavirus. We both know they absolutely won't pick Sanders, and they'll argue that "since Biden beat him 1 to 1, choosing Sanders by default isn't in the spirit of what the voters wanted". Then they announce the Buttigeg presidential run. I wouldn't close the door on Warren, even though she wasn't part of the deal that pushed Biden, because she's a compromise that has already indicated that she will cooperate with DNC, and frankly she did as much for Biden by staying in as she could have by dropping out. Klobuchar should be considered... but get real. I just hope it's not Bloomberg (but he sapped votes from Biden for no good reason, so I'm not betting on it).

This will of course be a shitstorm, a 10 year talking point for conservatives, and a possible campaign loser. But somehow, I barely think our odds are better than if we keep the (allegedly) racist rapist candidate and lose all of our moral high ground for an indefinite period of time.

Last edited:

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
i mean, you're right that they never will pick sanders, but that reason seems insanely implausible and impossible to defend even for them.
to make this more substantial: i think theyd have to pick a governor and say it is because "executive experience is critical in the time of coronavirus". cuomo for the television-melted simpletons, though dear god i hope not.

2020 b like democratic party self destruct challenge

Idk I feel like if any of the above scenarios happen that's going to be pretty dire for the democrats, keeping Biden and hoping corona is what makes him win over trump would prob be better chances imo

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Not only is this racist from Biden, it's also pretty stupid. Does he really think that any of the black Trump supporters, who have faced criticism from their own race for most of their adult lives, are gonna switch sides because Biden says the exact same line? Instead, he should try to understand why they support Trump, and try to come from a suitable angle (that is, if he even cares).

It’s an obviously stupid and wrong statement that I’m not going to defend, but the fact that y’all think it will actually affect anyone’s decision of who to vote for is funny
It's making me consider switching my vote from Trump to Biden.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
It’s an obviously stupid and wrong statement that I’m not going to defend, but the fact that y’all think it will actually affect anyone’s decision of who to vote for is funny
Isn't that the whole reason why politicians make statements though? Be it rhetoric or policies. What would be the point in them saying anything otherwise?

Analysis is this is nothing more than Bernie Trump supporters just itching for an excuse to vote for Trump. They're going to do it so why don't they just admit it in the open?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-black-voters-considering-trump/

another example of pretty blatant racism from Biden. Pretty much impossible to defend. This isn't an endorsement of Trump but it's just so disheartening that no matter which way you go the country is run by racists

if Trump and his team have any brains this soundbite will be a huge bonus for him at the debates
No, that was an endorsement of Trump. Your false equivalency here is actually pathetic.

From my perspective to answer Wigglytuff 's question, most of my circle (30+ black folks) agreed this was nothing more than twitter trying to be the wokest and the apology is unnecessary. As usual, the essence of what Biden said is true he just said it in the most inarticulate way. That's just who he is. Nothing he says or does between now and November 3 will change the mind of anyone who wants Trump gone.

I don't think who I would like to see is remotely a factor. They just can't be someone with a 30 year old sex assault charge swept under the rug. Make it Buttigeg or Warren, a backroom deal arbitrarily picked the candidate the first time, just don't fuck it up this time.
The sexual assault charge was bullshit, as we all suspected from the beginning. At some point liberals will have to wake up to the Republican hit jobs aimed at Democratic politicians. Luckily the core base support of Ralph Northam and Justin Fairfax (i.e. black voters) kept the Democrats from foolishly ceding their own power to Republicans on some moral high ground bullshit.

Not only is this racist from Biden, it's also pretty stupid. Does he really think that any of the black Trump supporters, who have faced criticism from their own race for most of their adult lives, are gonna switch sides because Biden says the exact same line? Instead, he should try to understand why they support Trump, and try to come from a suitable angle (that is, if he even cares).
Get a clue what racism is first. Those 3% of black voters that back Trump were always going to back Trump. Just like all the Bernie Trump supporters (some of which are in this thread).

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I mean if this was a press release sure. This was an off the cuff remark in an interview and I think we’re all well aware that Biden puts his foot in his mouth. This is hardly the first time. I don’t chalk this up to any sort of strategy

Frankly Biden has been less directly been saying this same thing for months. After doing poorly in Iowa and New Hampshire he basically just said whatever I’m going to win all the states that have black people living there. Never really asserted why they should vote for him in the primaries, just said that they would. He does seem, to a greater extent than most democrats, to take black voters’ support for granted.

To some extent he does seem to be right that he has near unconditional support, at least in this one election, given everything else at play.

Chicken and the egg paradox. Having near unanimous support from the black community does not equate to taking votes for granted. In case people haven’t noticed, black voters generally go with the “establishment” candidate with a long record. Even if said record is not perfect (a disqualification only to Sanders supporters) It comes down to trusting a known commodity. Biden is an obvious choice; he had a good working relationship with the first black President and has been a lockstep mainstream Democrat his entire career. You’re not going to help Sanders’ revolution with this continued patronizing of black voters.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
RaikouLover im curious b/c I’ve mainly just heard progressives talk about Biden’s vp choice, is there anyone in particular you’d like to see him choose?

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
What Biden detractors fail to realize is that manufacturing a petty scandal each week to enlighten those poor low-information voters isn't going to erase the decade he spent proudly playing second-fiddle to a black man.

Besides, what's the alternative? Certainly not Bernie “Aren’t most of the people who sell drugs African American?” Sanders.

I'm not a fan of how a lot of white Dems are dismissing Joe's gaff as totally innocuous, because it was obviously insensitive. I understand the desire to minimize controversy, because the mere scent of a scandal sends desperate Bernie bros, Trump fans, and CNN pundits into a feeding frenzy, but it's still pretty tasteless.

At the end of the day:

Last edited:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
At least that Tara Reade thing is finally dead. Anyone who actively participated in "you're a rapist if you vote for Biden" should be ashamed, though after 2 years of "you're a murderer if you don't vote for Bernie" I can't say that I'm surprised. Still, publicly weaponizing rape allegations and willfully delegitimizing the meetoo movement is abhorrent behavior, especially from a group that's so deeply convinced that they have the moral high-ground.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I'm not racist my best friend is black
Except he apologized and acknowledged that he shouldn't have said it.

More like, "I have a long & profound history with the black community, so one gaff isn't going to make racially-conscious voters suddenly hate me."

Funny how all of this anti-racist energy only comes out when a political opponent is under fire. That's another reason why Biden's original support was so stable: it's hard to take the "scandals" seriously when they're coming from a group that only cares when it's politically expedient. In all other cases, it's just identity politics.

Bernie fans have an excuse for every single thing the man does. It's okay for Bernie to oppose bussing, but not Biden. It's okay for Bernie to celebrate segregationists, but not Biden. It's okay for Bernie to make ignorant comments, but not Biden. It's a huge accomplishment that Bernie was within 10 miles of MLK one time 50 years ago, but it doesn't matter that Biden was VP to the first black president.

The double standard is as exhausting as it is transparent. We already have a president with a hypocritical, cultish following. People don't want another one.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
This is the exact same kind of garbage that a hypocritical, cultist following spews on a regular basis. Deflect. Deflect deflect deflect. It's not my president's fault, it's the fault of a political opponent that they already beat. I see no difference between conservatives whining "what about Hillary?" every time their president is criticized and now you whining "what about Bernie?"

"That's identity politics" "Rape is a political weapon" Maybe you should be the one making a firebot thread pretending to be liberal

This is the exact same kind of garbage that a hypocritical, cultist following spews on a regular basis. Deflect. Deflect deflect deflect. It's not my president's fault, it's the fault of a political opponent that they already beat. I see no difference between conservatives whining "what about Hillary?" every time their president is criticized and now you whining "what about Bernie?"

This is exactly the false equivalency I've been pointing out for the last 30 pages. And it's always coming from Bernie supporters directed at "establishment Democrats." Criticism of Joe Biden's policies regarding health care and climate change, etc. are fine. However, the smear bullshit (most of which is just right-wing hit jobs) just furthers the agenda to paint the Democrat as being as equally bad as Trump. How many more Americans will die while we focus on irrelevant gaffes?

"That's identity politics" "Rape is a political weapon" Maybe you should be the one making a firebot thread pretending to be liberal
Was the Tara Reade scandal not outed as an obvious hit job?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Was the Tara Reade scandal not outed as an obvious hit job?
Nothing has been said that wasn't said about Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh's accusers.

Of course Biden could be cleared of wrongdoing, but fielding him as a candidate over other (let's say establishment if that pacifies you) candidates is ludicrous and destroys any credibility in fighting rape.

Also, it's wacky ignorant to say that "this Tara Reade thing is over" when Republicans are already running ads about it (the fact that they are being hypocrites does not allow us to be). That's going to be the Republican play. It will be the Republican play for a decade after Biden wins or loses. You cannot run a democratic alleged rapist racist against a republican alleged rapist racist... republicans actually like those qualities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)