350 Cup

i have not ran into any problems with the birdies staravia and rufflet...my team handles them quite nicely. but another bird, phys def unaware woobat is a bitch for me to take down when played properly.

I Run banded skrelp. It does kinda take away from skrelp's solid coverage, but we use specs dragalge up in ou, dont we? I appreciate the band not doing recoil, because It actually possesses very good 100/120/120 bulk, so band preserves that. I run max HP on mine, and it's actually bulky enough to avoid the 2-shot from a lot of threats. Skrelp is probably the best counter to Clefairy atm, as it can take its moonblasts, ice beams, and flamethrowers very well. As for Rufflet... I haven't seen it much, but staravia isn't too bad (then again, I run magnemite) 'ravia usually ends up being super obnoxious by KOing a pokemon with final gambit. Honedge is a good stop to birdspam, though, due to having 200 base defense and resisting all of their commonly used moves.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
I've really been liking this set so far

Magnemite @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Analytic + Specs + crazy 190 spatk means that it does damage like this:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnemite Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Primal Groudon: 332-392 (82.1 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnemite Flash Cannon vs. +2 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 380-450 (86.5 - 102.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

It also checks Staravia really well which is always nice.

I've really been liking this set so far

Magnemite @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Analytic + Specs + crazy 190 spatk means that it does damage like this:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnemite Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Primal Groudon: 332-392 (82.1 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnemite Flash Cannon vs. +2 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 380-450 (86.5 - 102.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

It also checks Staravia really well which is always nice.
The first doesn't matter, because Groudon will ohko you before you hit. But ohko geoxern at +2? Wow.
Edit: also Groudon will have to be already primal, or else it takes less sr damage.

Last edited:
I prefer max speed magnemite. It has the same base speed as pdon, which generally doesn't run max speed, and you can easily 2hko even without analytic.
Xerneas can ohko you unboosted with hp ground or focus blast, even if magnemite runs max hp. Nobody is gonna click geomancy on a magnemite. If you want to check it it's better to just outspeed (unless they run timid and a ton of speed) and OHKO it before it can boost.

I Run banded skrelp. It does kinda take away from skrelp's solid coverage, but we use specs dragalge up in ou, dont we? I appreciate the band not doing recoil, because It actually possesses very good 100/120/120 bulk, so band preserves that. I run max HP on mine, and it's actually bulky enough to avoid the 2-shot from a lot of threats. Skrelp is probably the best counter to Clefairy atm, as it can take its moonblasts, ice beams, and flamethrowers very well. As for Rufflet... I haven't seen it much, but staravia isn't too bad (then again, I run magnemite) 'ravia usually ends up being super obnoxious by KOing a pokemon with final gambit. Honedge is a good stop to birdspam, though, due to having 200 base defense and resisting all of their commonly used moves.
Skrelp @ Choice Band
208 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
-Gunk Shot
-Poison Tail
-Waterfall
-Play Rough

Physical Skelp is not very practical moveset wise, but can be a very good Clefairy check/counter like you said. 44 Speed is enough to speed creep univested Clefairy, and the rest in HP and Attack, 208 and 252 respectively. Adamant because Skrelp is still slow as hell even with doubled speed stat. Gunk Shot and Poison Tail for STAB, Gubk Shot being the big hitter and Poison Tail being more accurate. Waterfall and Play Rough are filler physical moves because thats all it gets. Heres the fun part if you have a Clefairy problem:

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Skrelp Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefairy: 600-708 (123.9 - 146.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Skrelp Poison Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefairy: 252-300 (52 - 61.9%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(Heres where the speed creep comes into play being able to outspeed a Soft-Boiled)

+6 0 SpA Clefairy Moonblast vs. 208 HP / 0 SpD Skrelp: 204-240 (51.9 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Let me explain my thought process (for Meek Miltank) when I asked for council members, I specifically mentioned people to not nominate themselves because a lot of people may want to be on council but have no prior experience/may not be the best fit. However, I wanted some people on a council to be deciding the suspects over me (someone who does not play the meta) so I asked people to nominate who they think would be a good fit and I nominated a few myself. These people I nommed have prior experience in being council members and have been playing 350 since the first time it was omotm. Adrian and Kl4ng are/were council in a lot of metas; in the current council: Lcass is council in multiple metas, DremZ is stabmons iirc and yoman5 was in the old 350 cup council iirc.

Since the current council accepted my invitation to join the council, there's no reason for any other council members (especially since no one else was nominated by other people). These people are experienced and perfectly capable of taking care of suspects for the next 26 days, let's not forget that this meta's "new leadership" is only till omotm is over. If tbk was still active you could talk to him about getting council, however, my job is just to make sure things go smooth for the next 26 days and the current council already ensures that. Since you're new and inexperienced, I cannot know whether or not you're suited for this role.Maybe you are, but I don't need to take the risk in appointing you as a council member when there's already a council present. (Not to mention you don't qualify since it was a self nom)

Lastly, I'll just echo that there will not be new members unless one of the current wants to step down/becomes unavailable, so I don't want any more talk on this as it has nothing to do with the actual metagame and it will not really change anything.

Let me explain my thought process (for Meek Miltank) when I asked for council members, I specifically mentioned people to not nominate themselves because a lot of people may want to be on council but have no prior experience/may not be the best fit. However, I wanted some people on a council to be deciding the suspects over me (someone who does not play the meta) so I asked people to nominate who they think would be a good fit and I nominated a few myself. These people I nommed have prior experience in being council members and have been playing 350 since the first time it was omotm. Adrian and Kl4ng are/were council in a lot of metas; in the current council: Lcass is council in multiple metas, DremZ is stabmons iirc and yoman5 was in the old 350 cup council iirc.

Since the current council accepted my invitation to join the council, there's no reason for any other council members (especially since no one else was nominated by other people). These people are experienced and perfectly capable of taking care of suspects for the next 26 days, let's not forget that this meta's "new leadership" is only till omotm is over. If tbk was still active you could talk to him about getting council, however, my job is just to make sure things go smooth for the next 26 days and the current council already ensures that. Since you're new and inexperienced, I cannot know whether or not you're suited for this role.Maybe you are, but I don't need to take the risk in appointing you as a council member when there's already a council present. (Not to mention you don't qualify since it was a self nom)

Lastly, I'll just echo that there will not be new members unless one of the current wants to step down/becomes unavailable, so I don't want any more talk on this as it has nothing to do with the actual metagame and it will not really change anything.
ok so what part of ive been around since 2012 didnt you read? im not new and inexperienced. 2012 is 3 years and you cant get to #1 on a ladder by being inexperienced. you can get self nons and filter through who isnt a good fit. but i guess you can request to join but others cant huh? of course youre gonna get accepted when you appointed them. and there is no TBK because you took it upon yourself to take over. and if no one nominated anybody i was the only nomination just it was by myself. but i ya know respect your decision and wont ask again. i just felt the need to point out flaws in your argument. but other than that, all is good. :]

as for the 26 day thing, i think this meta needs to be perm ladder. its such as fun meta and want to figure out how to make it last with the other Other Metas. we need to make 350 cup last. make it a goal frens!

and for suspect discussion, i think we should start with baton pass clause being implemented and maybe give gastly a suspect. smeargle wasnt the only thing that learned baton pass so i believe since this is an Uber based teir is should have the same clauses. and this meta is very fat, gastly would add a prolific stall breaker to discourage stall. as for whoever said a "defensive meta is healtier than an offensive meta" i completely disagree. Look at OU with the mega sableye and shadow tag suspect. i think most players would rather lose in 10 turns bc of a offensive threat over losing in 100+ turns because of regenrator switch pp stalling which is very popular.

ok so what part of ive been around since 2012 didnt you read? im not new and inexperienced. 2012 is 3 years and you cant get to #1 on a ladder by being inexperienced. you can get self nons and filter through who isnt a good fit. but i guess you can request to join but others cant huh? of course youre gonna get accepted when you appointed them. and there is no TBK because you took it upon yourself to take over. and if no one nominated anybody i was the only nomination just it was by myself. but i ya know respect your decision and wont ask again. i just felt the need to point out flaws in your argument. but other than that, all is good. :]
I was referring to council position, not your ability as a player. I didn't take over, I was told to take over for the month since tbk has been away for a while. I nominated people I felt would be a good fit, a privilege I extended to everyone who reads this thread but no one took. Luckily three out of the five i nominated accepted the offer (I obviously can't force people to become council). I mentioned not to self nominate, I explained why I mentioned that in my last post so I'm not going to repeat it. I can't filter through self noms because I don't know most of the players and the only way to filter through them would be to give them a shot to be council and take them off if they're bad, which is not a great option for such a short time frame. I mentioned TBK because it's his meta and he would be running it even after omotm is over so he could do the evaluation thing if he was active. I really don't want to continue this conversation here, I'd like to request you not post anything else regarding this here. If you must, you can post in my profile.

Re: permaladder: that's upto OM leaders. Maybe if this gets a decent amount of activity, it will be considered. Do not ask them to make it a permaladder though, and definitely don't make petitions.

Re: Ban Suggestions: Atm ubers has no BP clause so, it doesn't have one either, we can get one tho since we're not bound to ubers ban policy. There's no OM that does bans/unbans to discourage stall, unless it's broken of course, I don't think we should start doing that till we get to that point.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
for gastly, trust me, you dont want to suspect that monster. for some reason when it was challenge only on other servers, it was unbanned, and i literally 6-0ed people with it, just because offense, bulky offense and stall lack ANYTHING common for it. its WAY too good. also yeah, i support baton pass clause dispite ubers actually lacking one. and tbh, dispite me also disagreeing with that statement, OU is known for having horrendous bias towards offense, and how thats why its a "bad meta" seriously, uu and nu players even have the same thoughts as us. metas need balance. if its too offensive, it becomes "HO setupfest" and if stall is dominant, it becomes "ugh when will the switchspam end!" neither is a fun meta, and thus, i like to go the middle route when it comes to bans.

the ignorance in this first part kinda irritates me to be honest. first, imas didnt "self proclaim" himself as the leader, the OM leader (the immortal) asked him to fill in while TBK is mia. The immortal literally points this out in the last page, and how you didn't notice this is beyond me. Imas nominated us,not JUST because we are skilled in 350 cup, but also because all three of us have had experience as council members, experienced battlers, willing to listen to others opinions, and most importantly, we all know tbk, and what he wants from this meta. which in that regard, he chose 3 "Safe" choices, as this council is not permanent, and he is not the official leader to decide such a big choice. it doesn't matter how long you have been on smogon, or how you got to #1. the problem of asking to be on this council isnt that you aren't qualified, as you have clearly pointed out like, 5 times that you are. its that this isnt his meta, and such due to this metas "forced popularity" and tbk's disappearance, he has to fill in and make very serious choices. on top of this we know hardly ANYTHING about you, ive never seen you talk in the om room, and you have only recently started talking in this thread. i'm not trying to be rude to you, but as i said, you seem to have completely missed all the main points of imas and in return, backlashed at him as if his decision is a bad one. he HAS no flaws in his argument, your just nitpicking his details without actually listening.

before you get mad at me for attacking you, please know that im not trying to be rude. i'm just trying to point out WHY you wont be on this council..or at least for the time being, we don't know anything for when TBK comes back, but for now Imas really has to make risky choices that could upset the owner. and such, chose people who fit a specific criteria to help him avoid do so, while still balancing the meta.

as for gastly, trust me, you dont want to suspect that monster. for some reason when it was challenge only on other servers, it was unbanned, and i literally 6-0ed people with it, just because offense, bulky offense and stall lack ANYTHING common for it. its WAY too good. also yeah, i support baton pass clause dispite ubers actually lacking one. and tbh, dispite me also disagreeing with that statement, OU is known for having horrendous bias towards offense, and how thats why its a "bad meta" seriously, uu and nu players even have the same thoughts as us. metas need balance. if its too offensive, it becomes "HO setupfest" and if stall is dominant, it becomes "ugh when will the switchspam end!" neither is a fun meta, and thus, i like to go the middle route when it comes to bans.
i not mad that im not on council, as i said all is good. i just didnt like the way it was went about. i read the whole forum and just so happend to miss immortal's post i guess. i only said that bc he mentioned tbk, who isnt here. and if no one nommed what was the harm from one self nom, filtering one person cant be that much of a hassle, i could have hopped on an alt and nommed myself but i didnt want to be decieving, im a good person. and knowing anything about me doesnt really matter. and im in the other meta room quite often, we must be in differnent time zones. and i dont think imas decision is a bad one, i get exactly what he siad. he made his rules, i tried to be an exception, and it didnt quite work out and IM fine with that. and no worries i dont believe you are being rude youre just sticking up for something, were all entitled. were all frens right? :]

BACK TO POKEMON haha.
i guess i agree with gastly but really id rather lose in 20 turns than 100.
as for bp clause i play alot of ubers and i coulda SWORN there was bp clause but if there isnt I was wrong but think it should be banned.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
First time playing 350 today and it's interesting to see LC mons alongside ubers.

Here is a fun hazard setter that I've been trying

Trubbish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes

Why would you run this over Smeargle, who can lay all hazards? Cause its fucking cool, duh.
You are going to be missing Gunk Shot so much, you will love it!

Seriously though, it has coverage to nail almost everything that switches into Gunk comfortably via Drain Punch and Seed Bomb. It can put up either type of spikes and net some passive damage via Rocky Helmet while tanking a few hits before going down. Its stats get boosted to
100/100/124/80/124/130
which leaves it with enough bulk+speed to get at least a couple layers down and enough attack+coverage options to give it an edge over Smeargle, at least in an offensive respect.

Last edited:
First time playing 350 today and it's interesting to see LC mons alongside ubers.

Here is a fun hazard setter that I've been trying

Trubbish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sticky Hold
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes

Why would you run this over Smeargle, who can lay all hazards? Cause its fucking cool, duh.
You are going to be missing Gunk Shot so much, you will love it!

Seriously though, it has coverage to nail almost everything that switches into Gunk comfortably via Drain Punch and Seed Bomb. It can put up either type of spikes and net some passive damage via Rocky Helmet while tanking a few hits before going down. Its stats get boosted to
100/100/124/80/124/130
which leaves it with enough bulk+speed to get at least a couple layers down and enough attack+coverage options to give it an edge over Smeargle, at least in an offensive respect.
Nice set. Smeargle is banned!

So what does everyone think about this monster:

Psyduck @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Clear Smog​
It isn't that good but it is a solid revenge killer of Primal Groudon. Cloud Nine is to disable Desolate Land the EVs are just for max power and speed. Scald is for killing PDon, ice beam and psyshock are the best coverage options and clear smog is to possibly stop the sweep of a random mon (Psyduck doesn't get many move set options) While it is only supposed to kill pdon 130 spa and 110 speed is nothing to disregard. I put scarf so you could be useful aside from just killing pdon.

Just going to drop this by here, as a sample team. I peaked to number one on the ladder with this stall team, and I call it Shed shell - the metagame. Anyways, it was weak af to Houndour and SD don so I scrapped it, already peaked number one with a new team :)

Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 16.51.12.png

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefairy @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Slowpoke @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Foongus @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Just going to drop this by here, as a sample team. I peaked to number one on the ladder with this stall team, and I call it Shed shell - the metagame. Anyways, it was weak af to Houndour and SD don so I scrapped it, already peaked number one with a new team :)

View attachment 53844

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefairy @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Slowpoke @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Foongus @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Post this in the sample teams thread? (With correct formatting of course) My team pre smeargle ban was the only sample team and now it is no longer legal.

Side note: I do encourage people to share teams or write up rmts because one of the big things about omotm is that we never have enough resources for those getting into the meta.

View attachment 53844
Aw so close to top ten...

Also, I don't really get you team. Are Gothita and Trapinch such problems that your mons can live without leftover recovery? Also of its stall won't you need to escape multiple times and the shell only provides it once? It seems like a good group I just don't understand the importance of all the shells.

Also, I don't really get you team. Are Gothita and Trapinch such problems that your mons can live without leftover recovery? Also of its stall won't you need to escape multiple times and the shell only provides it once? It seems like a good group I just don't understand the importance of all the shells.
Gengar-Mega is also a problem and it is run more often than Gothita or Trapinch

Shed Shell isn't consumed upon use. I thought it was for some reason too, but apparently it works repeatedly.

I kind of feel like doing an impromptu team post of a team that's been doing alright for me. I'm currently rank 67 on the ladder which is an ELO of 1281 and gxe of 70 and will probably continue climbing. Its main focus is sand rush Drilbur with back up from Speed Boost Carvanha and Choice Banded Rufflet. I shall go into some more detail of the team below.

Rufflet @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

I've seen some talk of banning the little bird and while I haven't had too much use for it in the context of the team, I can see why. While it's annoying when Brave Bird misses, the ability to 2HKO pretty much everything is useful to pressure the opponent. Return is for normal STAB, Superpower is to hit
steel types, if need be, and U-Turn is to try and force a more favorable matchup.

Magnemite @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

While I think the more popular set for Magnemite is to run speed and HP Ground, this is on my team for Ferroseed. HP Fire kills with some prior damage and even if Ferroseed lives its usually at around 10% which guarantees at least a 2hko or, in the unlikely event that Magnemite faints in all of us, that another Pokemon can take out Ferroseed.

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Hippo is there to take hits, set up rocks and sand and dish the hits right back. Defensive Hippo can survive physical hits from the monstrous Primal Groudon and 2hko with EQ, useful for when it tries to set up either an SD or Rock Polish. The smooth rock is to give Drilbur as much sweeping potential as possible.

Drilbur @ Soft Sand
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Poison Jab

Here's the main man of the team, Drilbur. With roughly six turns max to sweep the enemy's team thanks to Hippo's smooth rock this beast does serious damage. Soft Sand lets me bluff a choice item, adds power to EQ and lets me switch up moves. I was originally going to use Life Orb, but seeing as Carvanha holds it I didn't want to be redundant. Rapid Spin is to remove hazards from my field as I tend to rely a little bit on smart switches and hazards impair that. Poison Jab is there because I needed a fourth move and it hits Fairies for super effective damage. In either of the last two slots, you could probably run Swords Dance as well.

Bulbasaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Bulbasaur is here because I wanted a strong grass type that could break through Slowpoke and Shroomish. Leech Seed lets me pressure any switch an opponent makes, Giga Drain gives me offensive recovery and Sludge Bomb is stronger STAB that also hits Clefairy decently hard. HP Fire is there in case Ferroseed switches in (I really don't like that thing) and to better hit Steel types in general.

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Carvanha is a pretty great cleaner. After one speed boost it should out speed all none boosted/ none scarfed mons. Waterfall is good Water STAB, Crunch is good Dark STAB that hits Ghosts and Psychics pretty hard (cleanly destroying Mega Mewtwo Y) and Ice Fang is for coverage against flying types. Usually, it cleans in the end game with little trouble.

I hope my team and explanations bring some amusement or joy to people.

I remember facing that team with Sand force Hippo, it was kinda amusing. Sand force Hippo really does a number to your team though, try running Toxic > Rock Slide on Hippo to soften it.

Shed Shell isn't consumed upon use. I thought it was for some reason too, but apparently it works repeatedly.
Huh I was sure it was a one time use. Maybe that was in DPP or something.
Forget what I said, it's a good team.

I kind of feel like doing an impromptu team post of a team that's been doing alright for me. I'm currently rank 67 on the ladder which is an ELO of 1281 and gxe of 70 and will probably continue climbing. Its main focus is sand rush Drilbur with back up from Speed Boost Carvanha and Choice Banded Rufflet. I shall go into some more detail of the team below.

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Carvanha is a pretty great cleaner. After one speed boost it should out speed all none boosted/ none scarfed mons. Waterfall is good Water STAB, Crunch is good Dark STAB that hits Ghosts and Psychics pretty hard (cleanly destroying Mega Mewtwo Y) and Ice Fang is for coverage against flying types. Usually, it cleans in the end game with little trouble.

I hope my team and explanations bring some amusement or joy to people.
I'm very encouraged to see someone else using Carvanha, it's an amazing pokemon that I hardly ever see anyone else use. 180/130/130 offenses and speed boost is just perfection. I just don't see why you have Ice Fang. With the exception of Garchomp and MegaMence, Waterfall hits for only 10 less damage. Ice Fang on Yveltal or grass types = 130, STAB Waterfall / crunch = 120. I would run Ice Beam, hit Phys Def grass and flying types harder than its STABs and or I would run Aqua Jet so that weakened priority users can't beat him.

Last edited:
Huh I was sure it was a one time use. Maybe that was in DPP or something.
Forget what I said, it's a good team.

I'm very encouraged to see someone else using Carvanha, it's an amazing pokemon that I hardly ever see anyone else use. 180/130/130 offenses and speed boost is just perfection. I just don't see why you have Ice Fang. With the exception of Garchomp and MegaMence, Waterfall hits for only 10 less damage. Ice Fang on Yveltal or grass types = 130, STAB Waterfall / crunch = 120. I would run Ice Beam, hit Phys Def grass and flying types harder than its STABs and or I would run Aqua Jet so that weakened priority users can't beat him.
problem is, it loses to Pdon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)