5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

For now, yes. Hey, at least we got it.

I've noticed some pattern whenever I hit my seed for the roamers. One pattern I notice is when I miss at specific turns. Example: I always miss on turn 3 with Hypnosis or Super Fang. Then I miss with Hypnosis but not with Super Fang. After that, Hypnosis hits. This always happens on the start of turn 3.

I just wanted to point this out for those aiming for roamers and (somehow, like me) sometimes hit some other seed. (I think it has to do with Timer0) I'll test this out some more.

Did the Starting Frame for the Roamer change or something? I thought the starting frame was originally 2, but now it's 1.
I think it was always 1.

Also, I caught Thunderus and I was going for an HP Ice 70. Apparently though, Attack and Defense were switched. Is there a way to keep the IVs straight forward, and not Attack and Defense being switched?

Coincidence.
There is no code in reporter that could do that. Even if a thread was stuck in execution, it would end when the computer was shut down. It will have no permanent effects. I'm guessing that you found a virus or something in that time. It happens.
Unlikely, but if that's the case then hopefully there'll be no problem with the full release.

We'll see.

I think it was always 1.

Also, I caught Thunderus and I was going for an HP Ice 70. Apparently though, Attack and Defense were switched. Is there a way to keep the IVs straight forward, and not Attack and Defense being switched?
Well, in the first post, it said the Speed IV is generated in front of the SPAtk IV, with the result being that the IVs are shifted to the right.

Now I'm not completely sure about the whole roamer generation....

Anyone? still can't go on without a way to narrow IVS to exact. How do other people check ivs to adjust the timer when resetting for reshiram and zekrom?
If you use an IV calc that allows the input of multple levels of IVs (Like Metalkid's), you only have to feed him two or three rare candies. The trick is to enter Zekrom/Reshiram's stats each level instead of just at, say, level 53. This will narrow your results down to somewhere between 3 and 6 possibles. Once you have those, it's easy to find which seed you hit, and then adjust accordingly to get the one you want.

Just wondering, since most people are talking about the non C-Gear abuse now, is there some sort of guide or something which tells you roughly what to do?

Just wondering, since most people are talking about the non C-Gear abuse now, is there some sort of guide or something which tells you roughly what to do?

I got a shiny seed but everytime i click on Generate more times, it says the seed is invalid. What does that mean?
EDIT: Guess what i'm really asking is how do you shiny capture? Is it the same way except you know your Secret ID and click the shiny only option?

That's the troll one. Is there one where I don't have to set my date back to April 1?

EDIT: I'm in the house where you RNG for Thundurus. Can I find my parameters by just catching him or will the crazy PID advancements mess up my search? I think I should be ok because the IVs are set when I exit the house and that's all that matters?
rofl what's the difference? It's working right? There's going to be one hopefully tomorrow where you don't have to change your date. In the meantime, use that. Not a big deal.

That's the troll one. Is there one where I don't have to set my date back to April 1?

EDIT: I'm in the house where you RNG for Thundurus. Can I find my parameters by just catching him or will the crazy PID advancements mess up my search? I think I should be ok because the IVs are set when I exit the house and that's all that matters?
Can't you simply catch a random Pokemon in the grass? (It's 4 steps away)

Thanks to those that helped me out through my epic failness and cluelessness, I hit my first flawless spread(well actually my 3rd but the first two were crappy natures). :D

I keep getting the same IV range and I'm making sure that I'm doing everything right. I keep getting the same IV range of 13-16, 10-13, 26, 19-22, 21-24. Is there something important that I'm not doing? I'm doing the correct keypress combo and still nothing is working :(

I keep getting the same IV range and I'm making sure that I'm doing everything right. I keep getting the same IV range of 13-16, 10-13, 26, 19-22, 21-24. Is there something important that I'm not doing? I'm doing the correct keypress combo and still nothing is working :(
dude what are you trying to catch

I'm trying to catch any pokemon with 31/30/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70. I'm just trying to get the right IVs.

EDIT: Here's the seed. I'm holding start and then starting the game with the touchscreen.

Seed: 9a0a8f79
IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
KeyPress Combo: Start
Time: 7:01:53
Date: 4/30/2011
MAC: 00-27-09-F7-8A-3D
Frame: 6
Actual Seconds: 16

The new non C-gear abuse method is only works on DS and DSlite right? I have a DSi, and I don't want to waste time trying if it doesn't work on DSi lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)