5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's possible the starting frame was off somehow, then. Try it without Synchronize once so you can figure out what frame you actually hit.

It's possible the starting frame was off somehow, then. Try it without Synchronize once so you can figure out what frame you actually hit.
Okay, I switched my syncher out of the lead and caught the 31/31/31/x/31/31 Boldore again. How do I use it to tell what frame I got?

It had a Bold nature, was female, and its characteristic is "strongly defiant." If I understand this page correctly, a characteristic of "strongly defiant" on a Pokémon with flawless IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, and Special Defense means it must have a PID such that PID mod 6 = (4 or 5). The first such frame on the list where PID mod 6 = (4 or 5) is frame 32, but the encounter slot for that frame is 1, which corresponds to Gurdurr. Frame 119 is the first frame where PID mod 6 = (4 or 5) and its encounter slot corresponds to a Boldore.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Ok, that can't be right. I'm assuming you didn't somehow accidentally advance the frame 60 times, so either you input something wrong in RNG Reporter or there's a bug in the program.

What level was it?

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the first one that comes up for me is frame 223. No idea why you're up that high since you shouldn't.

Maybe someone else can see why it's not working. Until then, do the same thing except chatter once. You'll advance the PIDRNG and hopefully get your gurdurr eventually.

Okay, I switched my syncher out of the lead and caught the 31/31/31/x/31/31 Boldore again. How do I use it to tell what frame I got?

It had a Bold nature, was female, and its characteristic is "strongly defiant." If I understand this page correctly, a characteristic of "strongly defiant" on a Pokémon with flawless IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, and Special Defense means it must have a PID such that PID mod 6 = (4 or 5). The first such frame on the list where PID mod 6 = (4 or 5) is frame 32, but the encounter slot for that frame is 1, which corresponds to Gurdurr. Frame 119 is the first frame where PID mod 6 = (4 or 5) and its encounter slot corresponds to a Boldore.
A Pokemon with the characteristic strongly defiant *never* has a 31 IV in any stat.

...So I take it that the problem I brought up two pages ago with Time Finder giving improper Shiny Eggs was already known and being worked on?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
...So I take it that the problem I brought up two pages ago with Time Finder giving improper Shiny Eggs was already known and being worked on?
You mean the issue where the ID\SID used comes from the last Capture search, and not the ID\SID listed in the boxes? Yeah, that's been taken care of.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
A Pokemon with the characteristic strongly defiant *never* has a 31 IV in any stat.
Oh right, didn't think about that. You're probably just hitting the wrong Timer0, then. Make sure to verify your IVs every time so you don't run into problems like that.

Edit: "You" being Misdreavus, of course.

Oh right, didn't think about that. You're probably just hitting the wrong Timer0, then. Make sure to verify your IVs every time so you don't run into problems like that.

Edit: "You" being Misdreavus, of course.
I just checked the Boldore, and it was actually "Somewhat vain." No idea why I put "Strongly defiant..."

I checked its IVs, and they were 31/31/31/30/31/31. I plugged what I got into the DS Parameters Search, and I did in fact hit the correct seed.

What level was it?
Level 29.

Do Syncronizers not always work? I have been re-RNGing my crappy natured flawless Pokemon, and so far I've done 5 and the sync worked every time. I get to a Pokemon I've never done before, and I can't get it to sync.

Do Syncronizers not always work? I have been re-RNGing my crappy natured flawless Pokemon, and so far I've done 5 and the sync worked every time. I get to a Pokemon I've never done before, and I can't get it to sync.
do you know how Syncronizers work?
if the nature is bolded like that on rng reporter then a Syncronizer will work on it on that ES
just read through the topic you'll learn more and ask about what you don't understand

Level 29.
Then it's encounter slot 2. The closest bold nature encounter slot 2 that is female is frame 663 so something is definitely wrong.

Synchronizers only work 50% of the time. They are however predetermined meaning if you try to synch an EXACT pokemon (exact meaning exactly same PIDRNG frame) for the same seed, it will always be synched or not synched. If it's not synched, it will also always be the exact same nature.

It had a Bold nature
=\

Well now that we have that done, it looks like your starting PIDRNG frame is 48 (Possible that it's 56).

If you do 2 chatters, you should get a male mild gurdurr.

6 chatters should get you a female gurdurr that can be synched.

Even if the starting frame is 56, 6 chatters will coincidentally still give you what you want (But it'll be a lower level)

I *THINK* I have found my DS parameters. At least, the search returned a value. Two questions:

1. Is there a range of values for Timer0, etc. that I could have, or is the one returned by the search EXACTLY correct?
2. Can I soft-reset rather than select the game from the flashcart menu?

I *THINK* I have found my DS parameters. At least, the search returned a value. Two questions:

1. Is there a range of values for Timer0, etc. that I could have, or is the one returned by the search EXACTLY correct?
2. Can I soft-reset rather than select the game from the flashcart menu?
1. The timer0 can fluctuate and you can't control it. Just do 4~5 trials and see what parameters you keep getting. Then use that one. If it's like 50/50 split then keep doing more and more until you one seems much more likely than the other. Unless you're unlucky, you should be able to get the same parameters every time.

2. Idk if you can soft reset, but I think it's not always the best idea. I would always turn it off then back on (Power cycling)

Im trying to hatch a shiny DW slowpoke.. i calculated that i need to chatter 63 times in order to get the shiny.. i just hatched it, and its not shiny, but everything else seems to match up with the displayed stats included its PID characteristic (i checked the ones around it none were the one that the egg was except the target frame).. the only thing different I did in this case was go to the PC after flying to undella town to get a surfer to hatch the egg in undella bay.

Going to do it again without going to the PC after confirming i hit my seed and see if i get any different results

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Im trying to hatch a shiny DW slowpoke.. i calculated that i need to chatter 63 times in order to get the shiny.. i just hatched it, and its not shiny, but everything else seems to match up with the displayed stats included its PID characteristic (i checked the ones around it none were the one that the egg was except the target frame).. the only thing different I did in this case was go to the PC after flying to undella town to get a surfer to hatch the egg in undella bay.

Going to do it again without going to the PC after confirming i hit my seed and see if i get any different results
its a bug in which it uses the previous ids.

its been fixed, itll be correct in the next version

=\

Well now that we have that done, it looks like your starting PIDRNG frame is 48 (Possible that it's 56).

If you do 2 chatters, you should get a male mild gurdurr.

6 chatters should get you a female gurdurr that can be synched.

Even if the starting frame is 56, 6 chatters will coincidentally still give you what you want (But it'll be a lower level)
Wow, I must have been very tired last night :p. I did the 6 Chatters (with an Adamant Syncher), and got a female Adamant Gurdurr, 31/31/31/30/31/31, with Guts, at level 30. Yay!

I've been trying to RNG a Joltik using the standard method, wild capture. Is there something I should know about RNGing in a multi-level cave? Because this is not working for me.

I've been trying to RNG a Joltik using the standard method, wild capture. Is there something I should know about RNGing in a multi-level cave? Because this is not working for me.
NPC's are messing up your PIDRNG even if you can't see them

Try doing it on Chargestone Cave (1F) if you're not there already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)