5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is it possible to hit your other Timer0 3 or 4 times in a row? I keep on getting a Female Modest one, and that isn't even anywhere near my target Frame. It's not even on my list.

Is it possible to RNG a shiny Ducklett on the Driftveil Drawbridge? I want to capture a shiny Ducklett but I'm not sure on how to go about doing it.

Is it possible to hit your other Timer0 3 or 4 times in a row? I keep on getting a Female Modest one, and that isn't even anywhere near my target Frame. It's not even on my list.
It's definitely possible for your timer0 to behave that way. I think it is probably a different problem in your case though since it has those 4 perfect ivs. Double check the simple stuff like making sure you are using the same seed in your PID window as you are entering the game for. For future reference, it's quite a bit easier without an everstone.

Actually, I don't think I am. I just opened up standard seed inspector, and used the seed that someone else sent me. Also, if I don't use an everstone, then is it still possible to get the nature I want? I think I may restart from scratch.

Actually, I don't think I am. I just opened up standard seed inspector, and used the seed that someone else sent me. Also, if I don't use an everstone, then is it still possible to get the nature I want? I think I may restart from scratch.

Well hopefully you've found your problem then.
Yes, you just have to find a frame that has the nature you want with the proper inheritance.
Sometimes you may have to take a look at a few seeds before you find one that has a good fit but I prefer that to the trouble everstones give you finding your starting frame. The better your parents, the easier non-everstone breeding is. Good luck. :)

Okay, so I keep running into problems. No matter what I do, I can never hit my target frame. When it seems like I hit it, a random Deino keeps popping up that's not even on my list. I'm using seed EB5C1208171E82ED. My time is 16:01:16, and date is 2011/10/01. I am aiming for frame 58, which is D90223FE. I need some help on figuring what I keep doing wrong. I have been through at least 5 seeds, and have kept this up for 5 hours each day for the past 3 days. I need to hurry and get this Deino before VGC. Along with my entire team...

So, can anyone help me? Also, I got a starting PID of 48.

EDIT: I either get something completely different, or a Timid one. I want a Timid one, Special Flawless. The only problem is that it's missing the flawless speed stat. The only answer I can conclude to is that I keep doing something wrong, or the IV guy in the subway station is lying to me about the speed stat.

Okay, so I keep running into problems. No matter what I do, I can never hit my target frame. When it seems like I hit it, a random Deino keeps popping up that's not even on my list. I'm using seed EB5C1208171E82ED. My time is 16:01:16, and date is 2011/10/01. I am aiming for frame 58, which is D90223FE. I need some help on figuring what I keep doing wrong. I have been through at least 5 seeds, and have kept this up for 5 hours each day for the past 3 days. I need to hurry and get this Deino before VGC. Along with my entire team...

So, can anyone help me? Also, I got a starting PID of 48.
Can you post more info?
It would be helpful if, in addition to the seed, you post the IVs of the male and female parent and describe the Pokemon you get when you try to find your SSF/starting frame. Also are you using are you using international parents?
EDIT: Are you using an everstone? If yes, what everstone nature?
EDIT2: Also are you using a Ditto?

P.S. Have you tried using flying to victory road to confirm that you're actually hitting the seed? After you get the egg fly to victory road and sweet scent/catch a Pokemon immediately. Check its IVs and if they match IV Frame 14 or 14+Z it means you hit your seed. You can check IV Frames from the main window using method 5 (standard seed) / gift Pokemon.

The Iva of the parents are on the previous page. I can't quite because I'm on my iPod. I already found my starting female though. Also, no I am not using everstone, ditto or international parents. Do you think you know what my problem is? Also, I am using pprng for Mac.

The Iva of the parents are on the previous page. I can't quite because I'm on my iPod. I already found my starting female though. Also, no I am not using everstone, ditto or international parents. Do you think you know what my problem is? Also, I am using pprng for Mac.
No I don't know what the problem is but if you post the info of the Pokemon you're getting that would be helpful. Saying "A random Deino" is not helpful. There's no other Timid Nature frames near Frame 58 so that random Deino must be from the correct seed/timer0. Post its nature/IVs/characteristics.

An easy way to check IVs without resaving is to find out the hidden power from the guy in the Mistralton Pokemon center then enter the battle institute next to the Pokemon center in Nimbasa. That will auto-level your Pokemon to Lv. 50 and with the nature,characteristic, hidden power type and Lv. 50 stats it should be easy to check its IVs with metalkid's calculator.

The timid natured Deino I was talking about had an "Often dozes off nature." I don't it's exact Ivs but the guy in the subway station said that it had 31 in HP, Def, and Spatk.

The timid natured Deino I was talking about had an "Often dozes off nature." I don't it's exact Ivs but the guy in the subway station said that it had 31 in HP, Def, and Spatk.
Like I said, the Timid one is obviously not from your seed (assuming the parents below). Use victory road to confirm that you're actually hitting your seed and post the info of the other Deino.

Parents:
Deino(F): 17/24/31/25/10/18
Deino(M): 30/14/31/31/31/18

That's my problem though. I just caught a durant and checked it's Ivs and it Mather. But when I hatch the egg, it's always a timid often dozes off Deino. It comes up everytime I advance the frame by 8. If I do it by 10, it skips ahead, to the serious natured one.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That's my problem though. I just caught a durant and checked it's Ivs and it Mather. But when I hatch the egg, it's always a timid often dozes off Deino. It comes up everytime I advance the frame by 8. If I do it by 10, it skips ahead, to the serious natured one.
Did you try nine? If that doesn't work, try saving and redoing again. It could be the NPC is advancing the frame.

Then your special defense was off too. Are you certain you took the everstone off and changed the seed you were working on? I'm sorry for asking such a dunb question but there is a frame on your old 18CC9BEF49286CA0 that matches what you are hatching if one of your parents have an Everstone. (80EOCAFF)

Oh snap. I think I found my ever-taunting problem... Am I supposed to put power itemon? Cause I got a power anklet on my male Deino

Lol that is the problem right? Thanks to you, if you hadn't told me to check the everstone I wouldn't have known. But... The power item was the problem right?

Lol that is the problem right? Thanks to you, if you hadn't told me to check the everstone I wouldn't have known. But... The power item was the problem right?
Yeah, it was the problem. It was taking forcing your father to give his speed stat (which stunk) and that prevented him from giving his SpD stat which you wanted. You should have it now. :)

Aight. It's 11:00 at night right now, but I ain't going to sleep 'till I get my Deino and end this 3 day venture lol. Thanks for your help guys.

EDIT: Okay, so I am now running into another problem. For some reason, I am can't hit my seed. No matter what I do. I am using the same seed as before, and trying to hit the same frame, but for some reason, after I took off the power item, I haven't been able to hit my seed. Here's a step-by-step on what I do: My time is 16:01:16. I set up the time, and then right when the seconds hand is about to hit 15 seconds, I click "a". I hold down my key presses, and then load up the game. I do my chatot advancements, and then pick up the egg, and then go to victory road to to catch a pokemon and check its IVs. It always ends up being the wrong IV's. It's supposed to match up with Frame 14, am I correct? Anyone know what went wrong? The only thing I can think of is the season not updating when I start the game, but I doubt that's the problem.

EDIT 2: Okay, so after re-doing a couple of times, I noticed something. When I start my game, it SHOULD hit my seed, but instead of getting a Pokemon that's on Frame 14, I ended up getting on Frame 19. What do I do? It's IVs are: 16/18/20/29/23/26.

1. What Encounter Slots are Stationary, Eggs, Wild (Grass), Wild (Surfing)?
  2. How PID abuse for Wild Grass poke and on Daycare work?
  3. To advance the frame, there are only Chatter and saving?

New roamer seed, I am so close, but the PIDRNG is stopping me.
Seed: 4D6643B431A80AE1
Target shiny: 517
I start at 481, after 30 chatters, I end up at 514.
31 - 516
32 - 514
33 - 516
34 - 523

It won't let me hit 517 xD any suggestions?
IIRC, you just have to keep trying. Because of the rain, it advances randomly. If you keep at it, you're bound to hit it.

(You can completely disregard this, I might be off by far)

1. What Encounter Slots are Stationary, Eggs, Wild (Grass), Wild (Surfing)?
  2. How PID abuse for Wild Grass poke and on Daycare work?
  3. To advance the frame, there are only Chatter and saving?
1. There are no encounter slots for statoinary pokemon. For the others, there is a table that you can pull up by using the 5th Gen Tools button at the top of RNG Reporter. I have a feeling you meant initial iv frame for each. Stationaries and captures start on iv frame 1. For eggs you need frame 8.
2. This would be easiest to address via VM when you get to a specific point if the guides aren't enough.
3. You can walk and use the PC as well but there is no reason to use anything but chatters for 99.99% of stuff you'd want to RNG with standard abuse.

If you can get your parameters configured using Bearsfan's video, I would be happy to help walk you through a couple projects if you're having trouble with the guides. VM me if you want.

I have a question about Entralink abuse.

I hit my delay, but I didn't get the right IVs! My target frame was 26, so I had 5 pokemon in my party and I walked until my repel faded, then I interacted with the pokemon and got the wrong IVs. So I thought I hit the wrong seed, but when I typed the IVs into Seed to Time it said I hit my seed.

Does that mean my starting frame is 8, not 21? Or should I try walking the extra 28 steps?

New roamer seed, I am so close, but the PIDRNG is stopping me.
Seed: 4D6643B431A80AE1
Target shiny: 517
I start at 481, after 30 chatters, I end up at 514.
31 - 516
32 - 514
33 - 516
34 - 523

It won't let me hit 517 xD any suggestions?
Keep chatting 31 times.

Also: You're 100% sure those are the correct frames? I'm just asking to make sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)