5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

No I mean once the Pokemon has spawned in the Grotto. I haven't quite figured out how to RNG the regeneration of the Hidden Grotto, what I meant was once the Pokemon has spawned there is it a stationary encounter?
Gender and gender ratio matter even after you've spawned it, because they affect the PID. It also has its own encounter type - it's only similar to a regular stationary in that there are no encounter slots and the IVs/nature are set when you talk to it.
so that means I could perfectly find my parameters in a place such as route 5?
Right. All that matters is the IVs.
Two more questions:

- If I activated Memory Link, do I check Memory Link in Time Finder?
- Does saving the game still advance the PIDRNG by 1?

Thank you again!
It should be in your profile, not Time Finder, and yes.

Wait, for Hidden Groto the IVs and Pokemon are set ahead of time so you can't RNG them?

Then what is the point of RNGing in the Hidden Groto at all?
The species and gender are set ahead of time, but you can RNG them right after emptying the grotto. The IVs and nature are set when you encounter it (like a stationary).

Oh, so you CAN RNG the IV and nature upon encounter; cool.
How hard is it to RNG the species you want?

Also, is the gift Evee RNG-able, or do the CPUs screw you up?
RNGing the species is exactly as hard as RNGing anything else in a NPC-free area (read: not hard at all unless Timer0 really hates you), and it only takes a few seconds to find a seed so it's a lot faster as well.

I don't know if there are wandering NPCs in Eevee's area, but even if there are you can still do it, you just have to account for their advances (through either trial and error or Chatot pitches).

The species and gender are set ahead of time, but you can RNG them right after emptying the grotto. The IVs and nature are set when you encounter it (like a stationary).
So I put this in Time Finder to generate the IVs

In the main window of RNG Reporter, do I use the Encounter type of Stationary Pokemon or Hidden Grotto. Sorry in advance about all the questions, I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

OR

So you empty the room, save, then you RNG when in the groto?
And that generates what you want?
That's right. Save immediately after emptying it (after either picking up the item or battling the Pokémon), then hit your seed and walk 256 steps. Leave the grotto, come back in, and you should see the Pokémon you want. If you don't see it, then either you hit the wrong Timer0 or you made a mistake somewhere.

So I tried to reset my TID. I ran some tests: I started the game on 19.10.2012 @ 13:30:25, new game. I check my TID and use it in the Pandora's Box to "Find Seed Hit". It says Frame 25, Initial Frame 38, Time 13:30:33.

How is this even possible? I know how to hit the second, I have done it countless times before. But everytime I do the above mentioned procedure, I get a time, that's a random number of seconds late, the initial Frame varies between 26 und 38 and how can the Frame even be lower than the Initial Frame?

I checked my timer0 and it's almost consistently 1635. Sometimes 1634. But that's not the problem.

im waiting for a RNG Reporter which supports german black/white 2, too. pls give it to me
As far as I know german white 2 is supported now. (If not, this could explain my problems...)

hey guys. i just rng'ed a flawless timid genesect, and am now restarting my game to for other natures.

what i was wondering is if the parameters would stay the same on the new save file, or will i need to recalibrate?

As far as I know german white 2 is supported now. (If not, this could explain my problems...)
there is a german option, and there are other european options, too, but if u choose it and want it to say your seed, it doesnt work, because there comes a probleme of "RNG Reporter doenst work". if u try it with japanese(for example) ,it will work. i've already tried it out.

Wow, I didn't even know this. Being in a different fraction of your target second can offset Timer0s or something?
Will keep in mind for the future.
I almost always hit my Timer0 when I press A exactly when the seconds change to one before my target and always never hit it when I press A at another time.

My initial PID frame is 48 I think, and my Shiny target is 60. Will the NPC's advance it past my target?
If the NPC is running and you are using sweet scent, it should advance the PIDRNG in the area of 20-25 frames. If it's just random turning and/or a few steps, it's a lot less.

Agonist

The day the world went away
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I almost always hit my Timer0 when I press A exactly when the seconds change to one before my target and always never hit it when I press A at another time.

If the NPC is running and you are using sweet scent, it should advance the PIDRNG in the area of 20-25 frames. If it's just random turning and/or a few steps, it's a lot less.
Just a nitpick, but if the NPC is moving in a set pattern, there isn't any PIDRNG advancement.

We have our problems with a few of the page's instructions:

Abount advancing the IV frame:
Move 128 steps with # Pokemon in your party.
So turns technically aren't steps, are they?
Edit: I forgot to ask whether there is a difference between going and running.

About advancing the PID frame:
Walking or turning in an area with wild Pokemon increases frame advances 2 per step.
Do we understand correctly? When we are moving in an area with no wild Pokemon like on the top of the Dragonspiral Tower, the PID frame will not be advanced?

*a quick question* is initial timer0 for 3DS XL differ from 3DS??

If not ...so the current RNG reporter cant generate correct timer0 for 3DS XL?

Everytime I check my timer0 ... it is the same...*concise?*

but terrakion stats chgs everytime as well as the seed....

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
*a quick question* is initial timer0 for 3DS XL differ from 3DS??

If not ...so the current RNG reporter cant generate correct timer0 for 3DS XL?
No, from an RNG perspective they should be virtually the same range. I am able to successfully RNG on my 3DS XL without issue (at least none caused by my 3DS XL directly).

mmm icic ...gonna look for the cause for now .. whenever I catch terrakion @ frame 1 (B2) ..the stats differ..but When I check with the DS parameter...It is the same timer0 with my calibrated 1. ...
Thx for the info~

Hey everyone :D
So I just tried to do some RNGing on my Black 2 (regular DS) to make sure I've got my parameters set up and make sure they're working.
I put the info in the parameter finder, made sure everything was correct and found a result.
I used these parameters and did some testing to ensure they were right.
I tried a few seeds multiple times and couldn't hit a single one.
I thought that my parameters may be incorrect, so I retried searching.
This time my Timer0 from 1104 to 1107. Nothing else.
I again, tried hitting seeds. Still no luck.
I redid parameters searching once more to get a Timer0 of 1103.
Again, no luck with seeds.

I have no clue whether this matters once stored since I don't research this, but since my DS's MAC address begins with 3 '0's, RNG Reporter ignores these in the RNG Profiles.
Again, I have no idea about this, but could it possibly be that those 3 '0's missing from my Profiles are screwing up my Timer Finder from finding viable seeds?

I have RNG'd plenty of times on this same DS with Black Version successfully.
When I was ensuring my parameters with my Black 2, I was just searching for seeds with 31 HP. Nothing too special or demanding. I'm using Sweet Scent. No keypresses. I'm hitting my seed a second early (due to Actual Seconds), Sweet Scenting and I'm in the top floor of Victory Road with no NPCs.
Any clue what could be going on here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)