5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Edit: Yay I just tried again and got it. I think I was missing the seed or something.

Pretty much I can just confirm that getting frame 1 in both PID and IVs is really quite easy if that was any news to anyone.

Ok so I'm having trouble breeding with a standard seed. My setup is as follows:
Seed: 80CFAEB4A61768BE
Target IV Frame: 40
Target Spread: 31/1/31/31/31/31
Parent 1: Ditto IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 Item: Power Bracer
Parent 2: Zoroark (male) Nature: Timid IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 Item: Everstone
ID: 24171 SID: 29797

Now, just to get a feel of the sequence of natures I was getting, I hit my seed, advanced to the correct frame, took the egg, hatched it, made sure the IVs were correct, noted the nature. Then I repeated the procedure, advanced the PIDRNG frame once with chatot, hatched the egg again. Again, only advancing twice with chatot. The nature sequence was Gentle, Gentle, Rash. Now, upon generating the list of natures on RNG reporter's main window, nowhere in that list of 10,000 frames does that sequence appear or anything anywhere close to it, which is proving to be very trying because according to RNG reporter, frames 1191 and 1193 yield shinies, with ditto parent checked, and the everstone nature selected. Can anyone tell me what's going wrong?

C-Gear Abuse questionds (yeah yeah It's not Standard Abuse, not yet anyway): I found out that I can hit seeds on my DS a lot easier for the first time, and I'm catching something Brave. 7 times I've got either Hardy or Bashful from my level 5 synch and I know it's not me, but I'm starting to feel paranoid to the point were I do feel like it's me or my seed. Can someone reassure me that it's just horrible luck?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
I am currently trying to RNG a Volcarona at its stationary point in relic castle. I have a max repel active as I turn on the game as there are wild pokemon in the room. I will state all of my current information (If i left somethign out just say so and I'll add it).

Disregaurd Itallics for now.

I am currently using the DS lite.

I am using seed 442B39FB(D99B7E7A) which will result in 31/31/30/31/30/30 on Frame 5 at 8/9/11 at time 12:23:52 on timer0 C7F with select as my keypress. My parameters are Vcount-60 Gxstat-6 Vframe-6. (I found the seed using Method 5 (Standard seed) with the encounter type set to stationary.)
(My parameters work as I have tried another seed that took place on frame 1 and I was able to hit it.)

I start the game at 12:23:51 as there is a +1 second with my ds.
There are 5 spaces between Volcarona and the wall. by walking back and forth between the wall and Volcarona that is 4 steps (RIGHT?). I go back and forth 32 times to add up to 128 steps to advance the Frame by 4 as I have 4 pokemon with me. I talk to the Volcarona and catch immediately with a masterball.

I have done it a few times with varying nature/gender, meaning I must be taking different amounts of steps each time before battling (CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG). I always get the same IV spread of 26-27/2/10-11/23-24/29/8-9. (hp/at/def/sat/sdef/spd). I tried doing it without moving and go the spread 25/28/15/6-7/26-27/2 which is the spread for that time on frame 1 (?).This means I am either advancing it too much or not advancing it enough.

What am I doing wrong? Am I not walking enough/walking too much? does the max repel I used do anything? Or am I completely in the wrong with the entire thing??

Turns out I am not hitting my seed at all, I am hitting an entirely different one. until i figure out what seed I hit I cannot give any more info.

But My New question is this: Does Timer0 Ever change? if so, is there any way to manipulate it? When I was chekcing my parameters I did it three times, twice I got C7F and one time i got C7E. My seed used C7F so if I am hitting C7E does that make it so I can't use this seed?

timer0 varies on its own and cannot be manipulated. it's usually only by 1, though, so you can just keep trying until you hit the seed you're aiming for.

Ok so I'm having trouble breeding. My setup is as follows:
Seed: 80CFAEB4A61768BE
Target IV Frame: 40
Target Spread: 31/1/31/31/31/31
Parent 1: Ditto IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 Item: Power Bracer
Parent 2: Zoroark (male) Nature: Timid IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 Item: Everstone
ID: 24171 SID: 29797

Now, just to get a feel of the sequence of natures I was getting, I hit my seed, advanced to the correct frame, took the egg, hatched it, made sure the IVs were correct, noted the nature. Then I repeated the procedure, advanced the PIDRNG frame once with chatot, hatched the egg again. Again, only advancing twice with chatot. The nature sequence was Gentle, Gentle, Rash. Now, upon generating the list of natures on RNG reporter's main window, nowhere in that list of 10,000 frames does that sequence appear or anything anywhere close to it, which is proving to be very trying because according to RNG reporter, frames 1191 and 1193 yield shinies, with ditto parent checked, and the everstone nature selected. Can anyone tell me what's going wrong?
i can tell you that everstone does not work on male pokemon i needs ot be on females or ditto only, but i have never tried breeding other than that thats all i can tell you

C-Gear Abuse questionds (yeah yeah It's not Standard Abuse, not yet anyway): I found out that I can hit seeds on my DS a lot easier for the first time, and I'm catching something Brave. 7 times I've got either Hardy or Bashful from my level 5 synch and I know it's not me, but I'm starting to feel paranoid to the point were I do feel like it's me or my seed. Can someone reassure me that it's just horrible luck?
New Page Post

I've never tried to RNG before. Dragonboy52 just helped me out a lot, but I'm not getting what I want. I'm going for a Jolly Cobalion with 31 IVs in all but Special Attack

Seed: 3ABF6BA1
Full Seed: 3ABF6BA134D2B16F
Frame: 1
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 13, 31, 31
Hidden Power: Dark 59
Date/Time: 03/07/11 5:22:58
Keypress: Up

I'm using a Jolly Synchronizer. Am I just missing the seed, or is it something else completely. Remember, I'm completely new to this, so I am still unsure if I am doing it correctly.

I keep getting 5, 11, 12, 11, 30, 11 for the IVs. The nature has been Jolly for the first and third time, but I think that's just because of the Synchronizer.

DS Lite Parameters:

English Black
MAC 0023CCD5B8DB

Seconds: 1
VCount: 60
Timer0: C79
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6

Thanks in advance for the help.

No it's C-Gear so I don't need to save because I'm not PID abusing. I'm going on 9 with Bashful. It's for Druddigon and he/she seems to be the only one who likes to be Bashful or Hardy. Mienfoo or Golett don't seem to have that problem.

No it's C-Gear so I don't need to save because I'm not PID abusing. I'm going on 9 with Bashful. It's for Druddigon and he/she seems to be the only one who likes to be Bashful or Hardy. Mienfoo or Golett don't seem to have that problem.
You still have to deal with the PID RNG. . . It's still going to give you the same results each time unless you change something.

Ah I didn't know that. I thought PID was totally irrelevant when it came to C-Gear abuse. And actually I did think it was time to change, so instead of using a level 5 Abra with 5 Pokemon in my party, I'll use a level 8 Munna with 4 Pokemon in my party, and I'll move to a different tile.

Might as well be the Timer0 being uncooperative...
It does happen sometimes, or a lot maybe.
Just try again. One way to check if you've hit your seed is to use a Level 70 Night Shader/Seismic Tosser.
If its HP bar is still in green after one seismic toss/night shade from a Level 70 user, then more likely you've hit your seed.
If its HP bar turned orange, then turn off your DS and try again.
Yeah, I did again a DS Parameters search and now is C7E instead C7F... I'll try again with that result. Maybe that was the problem.

Could anyone give me a quick description of the process for rng'ing one of the genies? I'm confused as to how its done because since they roam around randomly, it seems like you wouldn't be on the right frame after walking around to find them.

Could anyone give me a quick description of the process for rng'ing one of the genies? I'm confused as to how its done because since they roam around randomly, it seems like you wouldn't be on the right frame after walking around to find them.
I am close to finding a possibility to non-Cgear-RNG the genies, but I am still doing some research on the PIDRNG for them. I need answers to my questions I posted yesterday, but they possibly haven't been read yet...

Again, using non-C-Gear, I manage to hit my seed for a flawless hidden Power Thundurus. The idea was, as the rain screws up the PIDRNG Frame, to start raising the frame inside the house.

The interesting point is: I get same results with same counts of using chatot or saving, even if I do NOT raise the IV Frame. The results are the same, but if I look them up in the RNG Reporter 9 beta 5, I can not find that pattern of 5 natures ANYWHERE in the generated list. Not at the beginning, not after 30000... no where.

If you mash A for getting the cutscene with Thundurus to an end, the Rain seems to be just a constant that can be worked around; if you wait longer, the rain messes things up, I do not know to what extend.

Also I'm starting to believe that, inside that house, something is wrong with the frame advancing using saves/chatots. As already said, I get the same results over and over, but I can not find it anywhere in that list of PID frames... I chose method 5 PIDRNG, entered my seed and ID and SID, and my synch nature (which does not have an effect at all, but just said for completeness). Is there anything I do not recognize or could the advancing of the saving/stupid birds be influenced by anything inside that house?

Please check out because I think this question could be interesting for everyone who tries to get a Genie with the right nature.

alright another question regarding the roamers. i did my 128 steps and on my 128th step i left the house. do the steps after that 128th step count?

still wondering..

really needing an answer on this. reposting it for the 5th time..

alright another question regarding the roamers. i did my 128 steps and on my 128th step i left the house. do the steps after that 128th step count?

still wondering..

really needing an answer on this. reposting it for the 5th time..
the step leaving the house is not even considered a step, leaving you at 127 steps at that point, which is not enough to increase your frame. Just try to do 128 steps and on the 129th "step" leave the house. This might help you hitting your IV frame.

If your problem still occurs then, I might check it out tomorrow, as it may not be too hard to check it out.

Ok I'm still having the same problem: I've tried a second date/time, switched synchs, and changed the number of Pokemon in my party (Frame 3) for the same C Gear Seed, and I'm still getting another different nature the same time every time. For example, I'm going after a Brave Druddigon, but for one date, it's always either Bashful or Hardy. I try another date and it's always Relaxed. This never happened on my DSi which begs the question if it has something to do with the DS. Really I don't even understand how PID is still relevant here prior to what xElite said.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Does it matter at which floor I RNG abuse Axew in Mistralton Cave? Found 2 freaking annoying NPC's on the first floor...

PID RNG question: Is my starting PID frame constant, or will it change every time I make a new save with an egg in the day-care?

Okay, I lied. There is another public beta release before the official release. Here's RNG Reporter 9 beta 5.

Added:
- support for soft-reset Standard Seeds, BUT you need to redo your parameter search, as they will be completely different
- added a minimum frame option in Time Finder searches

Fixed:
- Gift Pokémon frame output
- Egg PIDs under Breeding (BW) and Breeding (BW, International), also shows F\M instead of A\B for IV inheritance
- Reverted to .NET 2.0 instead of forcing people to download .NET 4.0
That isn't the correct PID. Current bug in reporter, the 0x8 xor was broken in the v5 update. If you have v4, that will work.
Wait, wait, wait. So does this mean that if I want to breed a specific shiny (ex., one with DW ability), I need to use both v4 and v5 for now; v4 to find the right PID frame, and v5 to find the exact inheritance?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wait, wait, wait. So does this mean that if I want to breed a specific shiny (ex., one with DW ability), I need to use both v4 and v5 for now; v4 to find the right PID frame, and v5 to find the exact inheritance?
Just chill, it's Friday and I know everyone wants those shinies.

Misprediction of shinies only happens for wild Pokemon, not eggs. That's how the game works, the next beta (hopefully the last) will have wild shinies correct.

So, to summarise breeding in BW:

1. Find a good spread on frame 8 in Time Finder, selecting Gift Pokemon.
2. Deposit parents.
3. Run around outside until an egg is generated.
4. Save inside the house.
5. Hit the seed, leave house and mash A and left to get the egg.
6. Hatch egg.
7. Take note of ability, gender and IV's.
8. If possible, find in main window, otherwise repeat a few more times to get consistent results, then advance PID by 1 to narrow results.
9. Find out how far to advance to your correct PID.
10. Hit seed once more, advance PID in house, then collect egg.

Does this sound right? And also, is it better to use beta 4 or 5 for PID searching?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)