5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm 11 frames to my shiny pid:how many advancement must I do?
I tried with 10,11,9,8,7 advancements but i never found a shiny

How does the Chatot Method work again? I recorded a cry through Chatter. Now do I just go to the summary screen for Chatot and pres down and then up again?

How does the Chatot Method work again? I recorded a cry through Chatter. Now do I just go to the summary screen for Chatot and pres down and then up again?
Yes. Each time you go to Chatot's Summary page, the PID RNG will be advanced by 1.

im having a huge problem rnging. can any one help?
i start the game at the correct time(i start at 14:33:15 but my target is 16, i am 1 sec off) hold L until the the screen, start without cgear. i go what i count as 128 steps, but dust patches appear way before, and when i catch a pokemon it is not flawless. does anyone know what im doing wrong?

Does the "Encounter type Wild Pokemon (Shaking Grass)" work as well for other Shaking Spots in the Cave? I don't really understand how I should know, where a shaking spot will show up.

Hi
Was just wondering for Non Cgear method, is it frame 1 spreads I have to aim for if I'm sweet scenting a cave, using the wild pokemon tab?
EDIT: Just did it

Alright, that seed turned out to be terrible. I double clicked to put it in adjacents and generated results (With IV frame as 6). I got about 30 results, every single one of them on 4/9/2011 between 20:47:29-31., and every single one of them has Timer0 C7F. Every one. The results that have the desired IVs I want, though, are at 20:47:30, with PID Frames between 40-60. What does this mean?

Bumping.

The same questions are being asked over and over again about breeding, so I figured I'd type this up to try to help. This is based entirely upon my own experience, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and I'll edit this post. I'm positive this works, though, as I've been able to get 31/31/31/31/31/31 spreads consistently with no problem. This is not an absolute beginner's guide; I'll assume you're familiar with the bearsfan videos - they do a wonderful job of getting people started. Props, bearsfan! :)

I'm not covering shinies here because I don't understand how they work. If someone wants to explain that to me, I'll be happy to update this guide to reflect it.

RNG ABUSE BREEDING GUIDE
by SaxMeister13

Prerequisites:
RNG Reporter (latest at the time of this writing is 9 beta 6.2)
DS Phat / DS Lite

The better your parents are, the easier this will be. Get them as close to flawless as possible. Note that one parent MUST have at least one 31 stat for this to work at all.

Find your DS's parameters. See the bearsfan video, as it covers this very nicely. You only have to do this once, but if you change DS systems OR game carts, you need to do it again.

Get your parents set up in the daycare. Put an Everstone on one parent to get the right nature, but make sure you put a Power item on one parent that has a flawless IV in that stat. If I have a Ditto that's 2/14/29/31/20/9, I'd put the Power Lens (SpA) on him so that he always passes down that 31.

Breed an egg or two just to make sure you're getting the right nature most of the time and that you're passing down that 31. Also, this is the time to set up egg moves if you want them.

Save the game after you know you have an egg (talk to the wife; she won't let you take your Pokemon out if you have an egg waiting). Stay inside the house - I recommend saving in one of the bottom corners.

Go into the Time Finder in RNG Reporter. You want to look for a "pentaflawless" spread excluding the IV you're getting with the Power Item. In this example, I've got a Power Lens (SpA) on my Ditto, so I'd search for 31/31/31/x/31/31.
* Change the Method to Method 5 (Standard Seed). You can leave Encounter Type on Wild Pokemon.
* Fill in the Month - start with the current month just to make life easier.
* Set Min Frame to 8. This is because we're breeding, and the frame starts on 8. Anything below that will be unusable anyway.
* Hit the "==31" buttons on the five stats you're searching for.
* Hit Generate.
* Grab a coffee.

Hit your seed by starting the game at the time you found in the time finder - but don't forget to subtract a second when you start the game (in most cases; you should know the exact value from finding your DS's parameters). Use the touch screen to hit the start game icon while you're already holding the keys you need to for your seed. Keep the keys held down firmly until the screen with the comet (having your volume turned up helps too).

Advance the IV frame if you need to do so (I'm gonna assume you know how to do this). It's 10 steps from one corner of the house to the other corner. When you've advanced it the right amount, leave the house and mash left and A to get the egg as soon as possible.

Hatch the egg and check its IV's. If the IV's are wrong, you missed your seed or your Timer0 screwed you over. If they're correct, but your nature is wrong, repeat this process, but add a save in before you leave the house. If that still gives you the wrong nature, save twice, and so forth.

(A quick note about Timer0: There's still quite a bit of random chance in whether your Timer0 value is correct, but holding buttons as you start your game appears to increase it. When I search for spreads, I search Timer0 min C7B and max C7C, and only look for C7B values where I don't press a button or C7C values where I do. It's still not a guarantee every time, but it works fairly consistently.)

How does it work?

Inheritance is determined after the original IV's for the baby - in other words, the baby is first randomly created, and then modified to reflect its parents. So the baby is first randomly set to your pentaflawless spread, and then its parent's IV's are "inherited" and overwrite the existing ones. The key to this method is to make sure your parents have enough 31s that most of the time, the IV's that are determined for the parents to inherit are 31s.

This is all well and good, but you're assuming I have good parents in order to get good babies. How do I get the good parents in the first place?

The same way you get other good Pokemon. You can either catch them, breed them, or trade for them. Get your hands on a flawless Ditto and that will immediately solve most of your problems. Catching flawless Pokemon (or pentaflawless, or just really good) is a lot easier than hatching them because you don't have to deal with inheritance, so I'd suggest that.

Even if you don't have nearly-flawless parents, you can follow the same steps to get good spreads. They just won't be perfect. But who wants to settle for that? ;-)

^ Great guide SaxMeister, I'll be trying RNG breeding soon enough, so it's nice to know there's a guide I can refer to

But anyway, I have 2 questions

1. Does Deino appear everywhere in Victory Road? (especially the part at the top with no NPCs)
2. Does anyone have a list for encounter slot values? Google has been letting me down

^ Great guide SaxMeister, I'll be trying RNG breeding soon enough, so it's nice to know there's a guide I can refer to

But anyway, I have 2 questions

1. Does Deino appear everywhere in Victory Road? (especially the part at the top with no NPCs)
2. Does anyone have a list for encounter slot values? Google has been letting me down
1. Search on serebii.
2. Click PIDRNG on RNG Reporter and right click any frame or w/e. Click "Calculate Encounter Slots" and a new window will open. Click any table you want.

1. Search on serebii.
2. Click PIDRNG on RNG Reporter and right click any frame or w/e. Click "Calculate Encounter Slots" and a new window will open. Click any table you want.
ok, cool they do. but what I meant was, for what ESV does a Deino show up? Is there a list anywhere I can check?

Thanks for the guide, SaxMeister13. I'll be putting a Power item on my flawless parent for the problem IV the egg keeps failing to inherit since you've had success with the Power items (others have been suggesting to avoid using them for now).

I saw an earlier post of yours where you were struggling to find your starting PID frame for eggs, was that only when you were trying to breed a shiny or did the problem present itself when just breeding non-shinies for IVs, too? I've been having the same problem where I can't find any matches in the PIDRNG that correspond to the pattern of natures I'm getting.

Edit: Whoa, way different results when using a Power item. Hit the seed, advanced 4 frames, ended up with a Female with the correct Nature and almost entirely perfect IVs (inherited a bad Def IV from the mother). Just wanted to point that out, previously the same seed with the same PID advances yielded a male that inherited Sp.Def from the mother.

does anything besides NPCs/Saving/Chatot advance the PIDRNG? because I've been having the same problem as before when NPCs were messing me up, but there are no trainers at all in the cave im RNGing in (1st floor victory road)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)