5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So this is the third time I've encountered this, and I know I'm not crazy so I think it's worth noting.

I think RNG Reporter is getting genders wrong on occasion. I know, I know, normally if you think RNG Reporter is wrong then chances are you're the one who is actually wrong. But hear me out.

I'm breeding a DW Tentacool at the moment, using seed 352D696D62DB9019. The target frame is 157, the starting frame is 56 and I go at the first shot with 98 advancements, guessing at a shifted starting frame of 59. Also using a bold everstone. No ditto parent. My TID is 31712 and SID is 40851.

I do the advancements, pick up the egg, fly to Victory Road where I catch a Deino that exactly matches the stats on IV frame 14, so I know I hit my seed, hatch the Tentacool and get a female bold Tentacool with the DW ability. Now I could not have gotten a frame lower than 154 (56 + 98 = 154) so I look for a frame which matches what I got and the nearest is 169 -- way way way off. But then on a hunch I check it's IVs and find that it is flawless on all but Sp.D, which frame 169 cannot be because it has some female inheritance (the female has poop IVs, but the male is hextaflawless).

At this point I notice that frame 156 matches all of these quantities except gender. It would have the same ability, nature and inheritance as the mon I got. On a hunch I re-did the seed with 99 advancements, and got the shiny.

All I can say is that either that first attempt I had double or triple digits of NPC advancements and on the second attempt only had 2, or RNG Reporter was wrong on frame 156's gender. And like I said this is the third time I've seen this -- in the previous cases it was the same, where everything except the gender matched.

If I need to take 256 steps inside the cabin to advance my frame for Thundurus, should the 256th step be the step that carries me outside, or should I take 256 steps inside and then push DOWN to exit the cabin?

I know that with the way the 128-step counter works, it's very unlikely that being 1 off on my steps would make a difference, but I'd like to know which is proper.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Seed: 9281153D5AB48BEC
When I run a search in the main window for any of my seeds I've found looking at inheritence I've noticed that Dream World is always false when Ditto Parent is checked. Is this a bug or is it really impossible to pass on Dream World when using Ditto as the father with a DW female?

@khift

dont worry about that its happened to me plenty of times before. just find a new seed and test it.

@misdreavus

the 256th step should be right before you leave the cabin.

@slash

thats weird but its impossible to pass the dreamworld ability if either parent is a ditto parent

This is probably something I should have asked earlier, but... According to RNG reporter, my Timer0 Min and Max are both C85. Is this normal?

This is probably something I should have asked earlier, but... According to RNG reporter, my Timer0 Min and Max are both C85. Is this normal?
If C85 is your most common value, then I'd keep it just like that. Generally, each person has 2 Timer0 values that they hit (you cannot control Timer0), one of which is more common than the other. For example, in my English Black Version, I hit C7B and C7C, but C7C is much more common. Therefore, I could set my min to C7B and max to C7C, but I'd rather not be given results that have a Timer0 of C7B since I get it less often, so I set min and max to C7C.

Speaking of Timer0, I picked a seed for Thundurus, saved in the cabin, and my first 2 attempts got me the corresponding seed on my less-common Timer0. Since I'm likely going to have to hit this seed a lot in order to get the right nature (and it appears that hitting this particular one is harder for me than usual), should I stop trying and pick a new seed, hoping that it is easier for me to hit? In my calibration, I got this less-common Timer0 only 20% of the time.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
C85 is weird if you're on a US retail card. Most people with Black get C7B to C7C and most people with White get C7E to C7F. That doesn't mean it's wrong it just means it's not exactly normal. As long as you can hit the seeds RNG Reporter generates with that value you should be fine.

Speaking of Timer0, I picked a seed for Thundurus, saved in the cabin, and my first 2 attempts got me the corresponding seed on my less-common Timer0. Since I'm likely going to have to hit this seed a lot in order to get the right nature (and it appears that hitting this particular one is harder for me than usual), should I stop trying and pick a new seed, hoping that it is easier for me to hit? In my calibration, I got this less-common Timer0 only 20% of the time.
I don't know if 2 attempts is enough to make a judgement call. Give it a couple more rounds, see what happens.

I don't know if 2 attempts is enough to make a judgement call. Give it a couple more rounds, see what happens.
Okay, I'm hitting my seed more often than not now.

I just thought of something, though. Since turns/steps advance the PIDRNG, if I take a different step pattern inside the cabin that results in me having turned a different number of times, won't that mean I'll get a different PIDRNG frame?

Okay, I'm hitting my seed more often than not now.

I just thought of something, though. Since turns/steps advance the PIDRNG, if I take a different step pattern inside the cabin that results in me having turned a different number of times, won't that mean I'll get a different PIDRNG frame?
Turns/steps only advance the PID RNG if it's in a place with wild pokemon, like grass or a cave. But, walking 17-20 steps advances the PID by 1. So if you take a different path, you might get a different PID frame, but it won't be a huge difference (if there even is a difference).

I have a question, can i use action replay codes when i standard seed RNG? like, 100% catch rate, it would be so easier if it works.
I RNG on retail carts so no emulator used.

I haven't touched the game or RNGed in roughly two months. I just downloaded RNG 8.1 beta and every time I start search after about one minute, it'll freeze (Not Responding). By the way I'm doing this on a desktop as before I was RNGing using my Laptop. Any idea what the problem could be? It's been going on for at least 30 minutes.
anyone? :|

So I've been trying to RNG for Thundurus for awhile now. I was under the impression that you need a particular IV spread for the roamers because they do something weird to them. For example:

I want my Thundurus to have 30/6/30/30/30/31. I read that the speed stat gets moved to where the SpeAtk stat is, and the SpeAtk stat moves to the SpeDef stat, and the SpeDef stat moves to where the Speed stat was. So to get the above configuration, I was RNGing for this: 30/6/30/30/31/30. However, when I RNGing my Thundurus, he instead had the exact IV spread that I was searching for, without moving anything. I'm just wondering if this is because the RNG Reporter possibly did this for me?

Does walking and turning have to be in grass to advance the frame by two? Or can it be in an area that has wild Pokemon, even if you aren't in the grass?

You should use chatters to advance that PID since walking/turning like that is a little unpredictable.
Okay. I'm trying to RNG for the shiny monkey, so is saving not the best way? I'm asking about walking/turning because sometimes the lady that gives me the monkey moves from the time when it says I saved the game to when I bring the menu back up.

Okay. I'm trying to RNG for the shiny monkey, so is saving not the best way? I'm asking about walking/turning because sometimes the lady that gives me the monkey moves from the time when it says I saved the game to when I bring the menu back up.
Saving once = chattering once

You just save a lot of time.

And i'm pretty sure the NPCs in dreamyard move and fluctuate the PID so there's basically no way you're going to get it right by moving/turning (Too many random variables at once)

@Uber: Something else is wrong then. You did sweet scent immediately right? Maybe broaden the DS parameters a bit.

Saving once = chattering once

You just save a lot of time.

And i'm pretty sure the NPCs in dreamyard move and fluctuate the PID so there's basically no way you're going to get it right by moving/turning (Too many random variables at once)

@Uber: Something else is wrong then. You did sweet scent immediately right? Maybe broaden the DS parameters a bit.
Do you think that the time from when it says I saved the game to when I bring the menu back up could mess with my advancement? Because sometimes the NPC's move in that time, and sometimes the NPC that gives me the monkey moves which also messes me up. :/

Is the NPC that gives you the elemental monkey a wondering NPC, or does she travel the same way for the same seed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)